PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Hampton to Auburn?

TU/JSU Fan
12-17-2007, 08:24 AM
This was in the Anniston Star this morning (local to Jamie Hampton's Cedar Bluff Home)
---------
Could former Cedar Bluff quarterback Jamie Hampton come into the mix? Now at Troy, he changed his commitment from Purdue because of Franklin. He reportedly expressed interest Auburn and Kentucky while in high school, but neither school offered him.
---------

It was in the article talking about Todd committing to Auburn this weekend..

NWFLTrojan
12-17-2007, 11:03 AM
I would be surprised if he did.

Wait, no I wouldn't. After all of the surprises this month I am not counting anything out.

TSUWhiner
12-17-2007, 11:29 AM
Figures..and I am not suprised as usual. The one thing that bothers me is that with all these "transfers" do these guys think they are getting playing time!?!?! They must be out of their mind. Once these dudes transfer reality sets in..I have moved in..and I still f-ing suck. My mind is blown away by Auburn "stealing" stuff away from us. And what are we doing to keep coaches and players..nothing it seems. I look foward to many more seasons of moral victories!!! yeah!! GO TROY!

Whiner

trojanbrutha
12-17-2007, 11:40 AM
TF likes to have a multitude of QBs in his system, so I'm not surprised that he wants about 5 or 6 on his roster. It'll be more interestin' to me to get the process of namin' the OC over so the offensive commits (the ones that are left) can see we are still gonna do great things on offense again this comin' year...

ksdtrojan
12-17-2007, 11:46 AM
LB is supposed to name the OC this week.

TrojanWar
12-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Why would Hampton go to Auburn? They will have several QB's better than him on campus. Chris Todd and Kodi Burns will more than likely fill the #1 and #2 spots. He is better off staying at Troy with a chance to start next year.

trojanbrutha
12-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Why would Hampton go to Auburn? They will have several QB's better than him on campus. Chris Todd and Kodi Burns will more than likely fill the #1 and #2 spots. He is better off staying at Troy with a chance to start next year.

They wondered the same thing about the "Pied Piper..."

TU/JSU Fan
12-17-2007, 03:40 PM
I don't think Hampton is good enough to even start at Troy.. I don't know why in the world he would go to Auburn.. I just posted it because it was in the paper.. I wondered what some of your thoughts would be on this..

I personally don't even think Todd will start next year.. I think Kodi Burns will be the starter.. I think Todd should have stayed with his committment to Troy because he could have been a star here.. At Auburn he will just be another "QB" in the stable..

TrojanWar
12-17-2007, 03:42 PM
I don't think Hampton is good enough to even start at Troy.. I don't know why in the world he would go to Auburn.. I just posted it because it was in the paper.. I wondered what some of your thoughts would be on this..

I personally don't even think Todd will start next year.. I think Kodi Burns will be the starter.. I think Todd should have stayed with his committment to Troy because he could have been a star here.. At Auburn he will just be another "QB" in the stable..

I agree that Burns will more than likely start. He is perfect for Tony's system.

trojanbrutha
12-17-2007, 04:09 PM
I believe there will be some turmoil between the way TT and TF want to go about things...not that I really care, but it doesn't sound like TT is gonna be as open to this system as most ppl think...he wanted TF so ppl would stop sayin Troy was the best team in the state...

Hemi Man
12-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Figures..and I am not suprised as usual. The one thing that bothers me is that with all these "transfers" do these guys think they are getting playing time!?!?! They must be out of their mind. Once these dudes transfer reality sets in..I have moved in..and I still f-ing suck. My mind is blown away by Auburn "stealing" stuff away from us. And what are we doing to keep coaches and players..nothing it seems. I look foward to many more seasons of moral victories!!! yeah!! GO TROY!

Whiner

They are looking to make some of the quarterbacks into receivers because they don't have any.

TU/JSU Fan
12-17-2007, 04:46 PM
I don't get it.. Why didn't he steal Fleetwood? If he was going to steal an OC that would have been the perfect one to steal..

TrojanWar
12-17-2007, 04:50 PM
I don't get it.. Why didn't he steal Fleetwood? If he was going to steal an OC that would have been the perfect one to steal..

Speaking of, what is he doing now? I thought I heard he interviewed for a high school job somewhere after he left Troy but they hired someone else. Anyone know?

Discophobia
12-17-2007, 05:00 PM
I heard some time ago that he was selling real estate in Georgia and was out of football.

trojanbrutha
12-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Auburn will install pass-heavy system, but won’t abandon its power-run game

http://www.decaturdaily.com/stories/1723.html

While Auburn’s offense is likely to look much different under the direction of spread guru Tony Franklin, head coach Tommy Tuberville insists it won’t be the “wholesale spread.”

Instead, Auburn’s offense next season will be a mixture of Tuberville’s power-running system and Franklin’s pass-heavy, no-huddle method.

GONE FISHIN
12-17-2007, 05:33 PM
i saw Mark last year in a rural South Alabama town in a resturant and he was doing some landscape work (irrigation systems) we talked a few minutes but he didnt really say what his future looked like in coaching !!!!

TrojanWar
12-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Auburn will install pass-heavy system, but won’t abandon its power-run game

http://www.decaturdaily.com/stories/1723.html

While Auburn’s offense is likely to look much different under the direction of spread guru Tony Franklin, head coach Tommy Tuberville insists it won’t be the “wholesale spread.”

Instead, Auburn’s offense next season will be a mixture of Tuberville’s power-running system and Franklin’s pass-heavy, no-huddle method.

I was not aware that Tommy had an offensive system of his own. He is a defensive coach.

trojanbrutha
12-17-2007, 05:53 PM
I was not aware that Tommy had an offensive system of his own. He is a defensive coach.

Exactly...

TSUWhiner
12-17-2007, 07:37 PM
I wish Aublow the worst...I hope the lose every game..and I hope they suck bad..im serious...GO TROY!!! MORAL VICTORIES ARE COMING AGAIN!!!!

Whiner

tntrojan
12-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Wonder how that "power running game" will go over with Franklin. I already see problems with this relationship.
Did Todd officially go to Auburn?
I can see some jealously from the AU guys who have been there the last couple of years if a transfer comes in and gets the starting job. Should be an interesting spring on the Plains.
What about this rumor on Hampton? Any truth? I hope our recruiters are looking for a QB. Can Omar go to graduate school? :)

TroyTuba
12-17-2007, 09:46 PM
Did Todd officially go to Auburn?

Yes, he did.....supposed to sign on the line on Wednesday.