PDA

View Full Version : Position Available @ TROY.....

FAUoldschool
12-17-2007, 06:51 AM
http://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobdetail.cfm?job=2757814

Description

ASSISTANT FOOTBALL COACH. Troy University, a NCAA Division I-A institution, is seeking applicants for an Assistant Football Coach. Responsibilities include: assist in planning and organizing specific phases of a football program and recruiting. Bachelor's Degree and college coaching experience required. Send letter of application, resume, and three reference letters to: Human Resources, Troy University, Adams Administration Suite 116, Troy, Alabama, 36082. TROY is an AA/EEO employer and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, females, African Americans and other minorities. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.

Navarre Trojan
12-17-2007, 07:19 AM
http://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobdetail.cfm?job=2757814

Description

ASSISTANT FOOTBALL COACH. Troy University, a NCAA Division I-A institution, is seeking applicants for an Assistant Football Coach. Responsibilities include: assist in planning and organizing specific phases of a football program and recruiting. Bachelor's Degree and college coaching experience required. Send letter of application, resume, and three reference letters to: Human Resources, Troy University, Adams Administration Suite 116, Troy, Alabama, 36082. TROY is an AA/EEO employer and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, females, African Americans and other minorities. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.

I just wonder "who" reads the NCAA Jobs List while they are looking for a coaching position, or if this is a requirement that schools have to post on the NCAA site, or what. One would think that hiring an assistant coach they would 'seek' possibilities through their contacts, but what do I know about this process - NOTHING!

ksdtrojan
12-17-2007, 07:49 AM
I just wonder "who" reads the NCAA Jobs List while they are looking for a coaching position, or if this is a requirement that schools have to post on the NCAA site, or what. One would think that hiring an assistant coach they would 'seek' possibilities through their contacts, but what do I know about this process - NOTHING!
But I am sure labor laws require them to post this job but I would think posting it on Troy.edu would be sufficient. Maybe they want to receive a wider pool of applicants.

troyboy2003
12-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Most schools have EEOC requirements that mandate that they have to post the job opening for a set time. Typically it can be on any media (newspaper, monster.com, or whatever). However it typically has to meet EEOC requirements with the "encourage applications from women and minorities", as Troy receives some federal funding (although I've never seen a female football coach. There's some things that are still sacred I guess).

TrojanEmpire
12-18-2007, 11:11 AM
I think I will apply for the OC job. I am going to go old school and run the Notre Dame Box!Let's see anybody stop that!

TrojanEmpire
12-18-2007, 11:12 AM

I think I will apply for the OC job. I am going to go old school and run the Notre Dame Box!Let's see anybody stop that!

TU/JSU Fan
12-18-2007, 11:33 AM
I remember one year back when I was in high school.. I think it was like 1992-93 or something... My high school is one of the definite 4A Alabama Powers of Football (Alexandria High School).. Well.. They were undefeated in the regular season and went into the playoffs. They played Centre (Cherokee Co High School) in the first round. Well.. CCHS was like 6-4 or something going in... They ran that Notre Dame Box offense. I had never heard of it at the time. Apparently neither had AHS's Defensive Coordinator... CCHS ran up and down the field on them that night. I have NEVER seen AHS be beat the way they did that night. That offense was definitely something interesting to watch. You never had a clue who was going to get the snap. It was unreal.

I have never seen anyone else run it since.

CCHS got drilled the next week btw.. They weren't very good at all, but for some reason caught AHS off guard with that crazy offense.

Nice Trojan
12-18-2007, 12:16 PM
Or we could just bring the wishbone back to TROY. I think Turk would be the man for that.

Whichever one is named, then hopefully they will put their own spin on the spread system.

SOTSButterfly
12-18-2007, 12:18 PM

Go for it!

SOTSAlumBigGuns
12-18-2007, 02:43 PM
I've never seen a female football coach. There's some things that are still sacred I guess.

Maybe I should apply...... lol. ;)

TSUfaninCALI
12-18-2007, 03:45 PM
no way the job is mine, I am going to come in with the single wing no huddle using Hampton, Jernigan, and Chandler in the backfield no TE's spread them out. It will be the wildest O you have everseen. no one will be able to figure out where the ball is, not even the OL :-). Maybe put Jones, Brown, and which ever QB we bring in at WR's and then you have no idea who is throwing the ball. No one who runs over a 4.5 40 yard dash will be allowed to play on the O except for OL! Speed kills!!! Double passes EVERY PLAY!!! I promise we would get national attention.