PDA

View Full Version : Leodis gets shafted AGAIN!

socrgoly25
12-16-2007, 09:59 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7561938

First team: Kevin Robinson, Sr. Utah State

20 returns for 378 yds, 1 TD, 18.9-yard average

The nation's best all-around kick returner was devastating on kickoff returns and was even better on punt returns with a nation-leading 18.9-yard average. As the season went on, teams stopped putting the ball in his hands, but that helped the cause giving the Aggies decent field position time and again.

Second team: Leodis McKelvin, Sr. Troy

25 returns for 436 yards, 3 TDs, 17.44-yard average

I know, I know. It's still second team. But come on! The reasoning they gave was flat out bogus. Leo probably returned about 5 for an average of 2 yards a return just because he was trying to make something happen with the punts that were unreturnable. I'm happy for his recognition, but shafted again!

ThePowerMan
12-16-2007, 10:28 PM
He will get to Strut his stuff at the Next Level. Maybe force a reunion of him and DWare on the same Cowboys team. Probably won't happen, but who knows????

Trojan1998
12-17-2007, 09:52 AM
He will get to Strut his stuff at the Next Level. Maybe force a reunion of him and DWare on the same Cowboys team. Probably won't happen, but who knows????

Nah, Leodis will be playing for my Steelers next season! (By the way Tony Romo, leave hot girlfriend at home so you don't screw up any future games. A loss to the Eagles yesterday? Brutal Cowboys.... just brutal.)

TrojanWar
12-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Nah, Leodis will be playing for my Steelers next season! (By the way Tony Romo, leave hot girlfriend at home so you don't screw up any future games. A loss to the Eagles yesterday? Brutal Cowboys.... just brutal.)

I almost threw my remote through the television. I was so pissed when that game was over. The defense did not play great, but they only gave up 10 points. The offense should have been able to score at least once.

trojanbrutha
12-17-2007, 11:35 AM
I almost threw my remote through the television. I was so pissed when that game was over. The defense did not play great, but they only gave up 10 points. The offense should have been able to score at least once.

Yeah, like the commercial where the guy throws the video game remote at the plasma screen! That's priceless...!

ksdtrojan
12-17-2007, 11:42 AM
I was not happy either. Not remote throwing unhappy but unhappy.

TrojanWar
12-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Yeah, like the commercial where the guy throws the video game remote at the plasma screen! That's priceless...!

Yeah, but with a little more aggression! If I had the money to waste on a new TV, I probably would have done it. I would say Whitten was the only Cowboy that played decent. How about all the injuries??? I'm concerned about Gurode going down. Philadelphia had there way with the backup Center. That could be a huge loss.

TSU2457
12-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Nah, Leodis will be playing for my Steelers next season!

How did you know the Steelers are looking at him? I hoped they would keep a low profile so someone doesn't draft him before the Steelers get a chance to take him.:rolleyes:

TrojanWar
12-17-2007, 12:31 PM
I hope he goes to the Cowboys. They need help in the defensive backfield and considering they have two first round picks, I could see it happening. He may not be the best at his position, but when you add in the dual threat as a return man, his value will rise fast.

TU/JSU Fan
12-17-2007, 12:48 PM
I think he will end up impressing at the combine and end up going pretty dang high in the draft. Not Demarcus high, but a late first rounder...

I wouldn't be shocked to see him go to the Cowboys with their second pick...

trojanbrutha
12-17-2007, 02:53 PM
http://www.troytrojans.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17200&ATCLID=1353321

MOBILE, Ala. - Troy University defensive back Leodis McKelvin, a first-team All-American kick returner and one of the nation's best cover corners, will play in the 2008 Under Armour Senior Bowl, officials have announced.

McKelvin was named to the first-team All-American squads selected by The Sporting News, Rivals.com and Pro Football Weekly in 2007 as a kick returner, as he led the nation with three punt returns for touchdowns. He also averaged 17.4 yards per return, which ranked fourth in the nation.

McKelvin was also named first team All-America by Pro Football Weekly as a cornerback.
PRO FOOTBALL WEEKLY ALL-AMERICA TEAM

OFFENSE
QB Matt Ryan, Boston College, Sr.
RB Darren McFadden, Arkansas, Jr.
RB Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois, Jr.
FB Brannan Southerland, Georgia, Jr.
WR Jeremy Maclin, Missouri, Fr.
WR Jordy Nelson, Kansas State, Sr.
TE Brandon Pettigrew, Oklahoma State, Jr.
OT Jake Long, Michigan, Sr.
OT Jeff Otah, Pittsburgh, Sr.
OG Duke Robinson, Oklahoma, Jr.
OG Roy Schuening, Oregon State, Sr.
C Steve Justice, Wake Forest, Sr.

DEFENSE
DE Vernon Gholston, Ohio State, Jr.
DE Chris Long, Virginia, Sr.
DT Glenn Dorsey, LSU, Sr.
DT Sedrick Ellis, USC, Sr.
ILB James Laurinaitis, Ohio State, Jr.
OLB Keith Rivers, USC, Sr.
OLB Sean Lee, Penn State, Jr.
S William Moore, Missouri, Jr.
S Nic Harris, Oklahoma, Jr.
CB Leodis McKelvin, Troy, Sr.
CB Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State, Jr.

SPECIAL TEAMS
KR Chris Johnson, East Carolina, Sr.
PR Leodis McKelvin, Troy, Sr.
PK Steven Hauschka, North Carolina State, Sr.
P Durant Brooks, Georgia Tech, Sr.

TU/JSU Fan
12-17-2007, 03:43 PM
That actually shocks me.. He wasn't even the best CB on our team... Leodis is a good CB, but a first team all american? He definitely should be the first team all american PR... Every single All-American team should include him in that area, but this is odd that he is listed as one of the CBs too.. Mack was definitely a better "CB" than him.. Leodis made to many mistakes trying to go after interceptions that led to 'big' plays for me to consider him the better of the two on the team.

Congrats to him though.. I still think he will be a first round draft pick, but it will be because of his KR abilities.. Everyone wants their own version of Devin Hester..

ksdtrojan
12-17-2007, 08:52 PM
I am also shocked by the CB All-American honor but that will only improve his draft board position. He needs a really good showing in the senior bowl and he can lock up a 1st round spot.

tntrojan
12-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Congrats to Leo. Can someone explain why so many juniors are listed on the roster of the Senior Bowl? How does that work? Do you have to declare for the draft?

Navarre Trojan
12-18-2007, 07:03 AM
Congrats to Leo. Can someone explain why so many juniors are listed on the roster of the Senior Bowl? How does that work? Do you have to declare for the draft?

confused the PRO FOOTBALL WEEKLY ALL-AMERICA TEAM as the Senior Bowl roster. You MUST be a senior to play in the Senior Bowl. The list is just that, a list from the weekly magazine.

This is an honor for Leo as this is from a publication that reports on professional football and therefore "votes" on its All American Team based what they think a player is worth and where they may be place in the professional level.