PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Franklin AND Todd Going to Auburn

TrojanManiac
12-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Heard it from a very close source to TF that he AND Chris Todd are going to Auburn.

Apparently, CT has not signed anything and he is going to the Plains as well to compete for the starting position. He would be the only QB familiar with TF's spread.

TF is not taking any coaches with him, but is taking Todd.

Neal Brown is set to become the new OC (Franklin student and WR coach) and he should be in the air in the next 24-48 hours off to recruit a new JUCO QB.

BTW...have heard that there is a kid named Cory Robinson from KY that is better than Todd, Brohm, or Tim Couch....he has shattered their passing records and we (Troy) are talking to him. TF was at his state championship game for Troy before all of this hit.

cuke63
12-12-2007, 10:19 PM
BTW...have heard that there is a kid named Cory Robinson from KY that is better than Todd, Brohm, or Tim Couch....he has shattered their passing records and we (Troy) are talking to him. TF was at his state championship game for Troy before all of this hit.

yea, I was just on tonyfranklinfootball and was reading an article on this kid. Seems to be straight up playmaker.

All bets are off at this point on our QB recruiting though.

BMarkey
12-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Troy coaches: Please take a good look down here in South Florida. I just read today that there are number of under-the-radar guys at state power and again champ Pahokee (down the road from Omar's school) that are yet unsigned. One is a very productive QB.

They grow up winning in the Glades.

Discophobia
12-12-2007, 10:26 PM
I think that is a dumb move by Todd. Why go somewhere that you might or might not start with only two years to play. Burns has several more years left at Auburn. The Aubbie faithful love Kodi Burns and are staking their future on him. He would have had to compete for the job at Troy, but their is no one that is really the heir apparant to Omar and he could have stepped right in and play. Rather he came to Troy or not I think going to Auburn is risky at best.

I hope that is correct about the kid in Kentucky, if anything just to stick it to the man!

Agtopper
12-12-2007, 11:05 PM
Hi, the Robinson kid you all are hearing about is from west Ky, little school called Lone Oak. Knock on him has been his schools schedule but thru the playoffs they were taking it to the tougher schools. Lost their first game of the season in their Division state championship game. School that beat them was Lexington Catholic, so they were at disadvantage. Passed for somewhere near 5800 yds this year with 91 TD's and only 4 int ( 74% completions). 6'1 185 lbs. Really puzzled that very few have shown much interest, I've heard MTSU, Troy, WKU, Murray and a couple smaller schools. I think someone needs to take a chance. By the way ya'll got screwed on the bowl games.

Discophobia
12-12-2007, 11:11 PM
91 TDs. In a season? Damn!

Agtopper
12-12-2007, 11:57 PM
He is from my home county and was at one time wanting to go to UK. If I remember right he was going to NC State but a coaching change took him to TT. He is one of the qb's that Robinson broke the records of. The old td record was like 60.

Nice Trojan
12-13-2007, 12:05 AM
Here is a thread from UK board on him:

http://www.wildcatnation.net/forum/showthread.php?p=359696

Trojan2003
12-13-2007, 05:24 AM
Neal Brown is set to become the new OC (Franklin student and WR coach) and he should be in the air in the next 24-48 hours off to recruit a new JUCO QB.

Brown is 27; he needs more experience.

Shayne Wasden has more experience than Brown. Wasden is Special Teams Coordinator
and Receivers coach.

Shayne Wasden

COACHING EXPERIENCE

2004-present, Troy University, Receivers
2000-03, Eufaula (Ala.) High School, Head Coach (Record: 34-11)
1995-99, Opp (Ala.) High School, Head Coach (Record: 34-21)
1993-94, Georgiana (Ala.) High School, Head Coach (Record: 23-2)
1992, Georgiana (Ala.) High School, Assistant Coach
HS Career Record as Head Coach: 91-34 (11 seasons)

FHBrian
12-13-2007, 08:52 AM
My concern with Wadsden is at least from what someone said earlier is that he is dying to get to Auburn. Which probably means he would go for any position offered. Lets promote someone who might want to stay a little longer and not jump ship for the first job offered. Don't know either one of these guys but I am sure LB knows what they want and he has let us down very rarely on the hiring of coaches so I think we can be pretty sure his decision will be based on what is the best for Troy.

O2MAN
12-13-2007, 09:18 AM
We almost lost Wasden to MEMPHIS...MEMPHIS last year! I think Neal is the perfect fit. He played for Franklin and knows this system better than anybody else on this staff. Neal will do great, I say bring back Robby Brown (GA last year) as QB coach, he is the OC of a D-3 school now.

Discophobia
12-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Didnt he and Whitney Houston get a divorce? He might need the money and would probably take the job.

jt45
12-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Wasden had no experience in the system until 2006. Brown has been running it since he was a college player. He is the route we should take.