PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck Tony

Navarre Trojan
12-12-2007, 10:09 PM
with your new employment. I wish you the very best and thanks for two GREAT years at Troy! I hope we can count on you in the summer to run your camp on the campus of Troy University, you are always welcome.

Good for you on reaching yet another milestone in your profession.

OK, having said that. I don't care if Auburn or Alabama EVER, EVER win another football game. But that has nothing to do with Tony Franklin, it has everything to do with the arrogance of those institutions and they way they conduct business.

Tommy Two-face and how he was 'appalled' when they went behind his back and tried to get another two-face quitter, Bobby Patreno. I hope he, some day, gets what's coming to him, a backdoor shut-out from those around him.

Go Trojans, sack up, and always remember, "look up, get up, and never, ever give up"! We are going to be fine, get our butts out on the recruiting trail, and bring in the talent necessary to continue our climb.

TitanTiger
12-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Tommy Two-face and how he was 'appalled' when they went behind his back and tried to get another two-face quitter, Bobby Patreno. I hope he, some day, gets what's coming to him, a backdoor shut-out from those around him.
How did CTT do anything wrong here? He recognized a guy with talent, he called your head coach first and asked for permission to interview him and only after being granted that permission, interviewed CTF and offered him the job. That's not anything like the way the Petrino thing was handled back in 2003 nor how Petrino handled his business with the Falcons yesterday. :confused:

JaredMc
12-12-2007, 10:19 PM
nevermind...

Navarre Trojan
12-12-2007, 10:22 PM
How did CTT do anything wrong here? He recognized a guy with talent, he called your head coach first and asked for permission to interview him and only after being granted that permission, interviewed CTF and offered him the job. That's not anything like the way the Petrino thing was handled back in 2003 nor how Petrino handled his business with the Falcons yesterday. :confused:

he met with Tony on Sunday, the day before Borges resigned! Sounds to me like it is eerily similar to what happen when the "boys on the plains" were going after Bobby 'the quitter' Patrino. Now, if those reports are wrong, then someone should put these reporters (and Tony Franklin) in their place. Because CTF said in an interview with Drew Chapman that he was driving back from a recruiting trip on SUNDAY and was called by one of the Auburn assistance who asked if he could 'stop by' for a quick chat!

BMarkey
12-12-2007, 10:23 PM
How can anyone wish TF luck when it will (and apparently is, in the case of Todd) coming at Troy's expense? I don't get it.

And as far as him running a camp at Troy, that to me could be the worst thing. Franklin would be the point man for high school coaches and prospective college players at Troy - all the while focusing their sights on a town 60 miles away. And he would be making big money on Troy soil.

That would be like inviting the fox to run the hen house.

cuke63
12-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Hey Tony, good luck.

Oh and congrats on being the 5th OC for Tubberville's 9 year Auburn coaching career. Hope you set that fat sack of cash back...you are gonna need it down the road. Borgas saved TT a couple years back when the infamous plane flew to Louisville and guess what - you saved have saved his ass this time.

Best wishes and from all the TMTDM - your welcome.

TitanTiger
12-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Borges officially resigned last week. It wasn't announced until this Monday. There are several places I read it including the Auburn Rivals and Scout sites, but Phillip Marshall also said it here:

"Al and I discussed this during the last week and, after a decision was made, I began looking for a new offensive coordinator,"Tuberville said. "We hope to have someone on board in the near future."

Edit, I only have 2 posts so the forum won't let me post the link, but it's on Marshall's blog

Navarre Trojan
12-12-2007, 10:31 PM
How can anyone wish TF luck when it will (and apparently is, in the case of Todd) coming at Troy's expense? I don't get it.

And as far as him running a camp at Troy, that to me could be the worst thing. Franklin would be the point man for high school coaches and prospective college players at Troy - all the while focusing their sights on a town 60 miles away. And he would be making big money on Troy soil.

125 kids in camp the year before Franklin, 1200 last summer. Auburn can't take them all, and this way they get to see our facilities, our college, our coaches, and TRUST ME, there would MOST CERTAINLY be a price to use our facilities. I don't think anyone in the Athletic Department would allow him to come into the house and use it for FREE.

We need that camp, like the Bowden camp in years past, to bring kids into the house.

This is the greatest loss we will have with this entire deal. NOBODY should discredit Tony for making his life better. It is what EVERYONE should want to do.

College Football is a business, and there should be no, zero, bitter feelings towards Coach Franklin. The Todd kid is making up his own mind, Tony CAN NOT force him to sign with Auburn or tell him Troy is no longer for him, that would be against NCAA rules, and he isn't going to do that. If the kid wants to play for him, then he is going to go to Auburn and give it a shot. If the kid wants to play two years in D-1 football as the Starting QB, then he will come to Troy, it is his only real shot, IMO.

cuke63
12-12-2007, 10:34 PM

Great minds do think alike.

TitanTiger
12-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Also, an article in the Montgomery Advertiser had the following:

Troy coach Larry Blakeney said he granted Tuberville permission Sunday to speak with Franklin, who has been with the Trojans since 2005.

Sounds as if it was above board the whole way.

Discophobia
12-12-2007, 10:39 PM
While I understand TF leaving. There are very few people in college football that stick around any program for any length of time anymore. LB is the exception to the norm. I dont wish TF well at Aubbie and in fact I hope they lose every damn game. Wake up people we are not DII and competing against Delta State for recruits we are going head to head against Aubbie for recruits. Anyone that doubts this needs to look at some of our current recruits and the schools that have shown interest in them. Todd going to Aubbie showcases this. I dont wish Bamer or Aubbie any success at all. The mentallity of well we are in a different conference so good luck guys is just BS! I might wish him well if he was going to Dodge City CC but not another in state DI school! He stopped being our pal, when the U-haul pulled out of the Gallery parking lot!

BMarkey
12-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Maybe I am wrong, but I used to think coaching was as much of a vocation and love as it was a sport and that loyalty was as important as money.

It would appear to me as a potential recruit (seeing a TF camp at Troy, while TF was working for Auburn) that Troy was too "podunky" or not important enough to run a camp of its own. Troy would be putting Auburn's second in command as the face for recruits coming to Troy.

It makes no sense to me.

No one can tell me the pressure is on Todd to switch commitments. There ought to be a an NCAA rule that states no recruit who has orally committed to one school can follow a coach to another. It's cherry picking at best.

TF: "Sorry Trojans, I'm leaving after less than two years and taking your top recruit with me. Good luck!"

Discophobia
12-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I would have loved to listened in on the TF/Todd phone calls. Todd said he called TF and set up a meeting to Aubbie. This is a two way deal and it stinks! It is reality, but you have to think there was a lot of encouragment on TF's part. He recruited the kid on our dime and we are getting nothing out of it. crap anyway you look at it!

Navarre Trojan
12-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Maybe I am wrong, but I used to think coaching was as much of a vocation and love as it was a sport and that loyalty was as important as money.

It would appear to me as a potential recruit (seeing a TF camp at Troy, while TF was working for Auburn) that Troy was too "podunky" or not important enough to run a camp of its own. Troy would be putting Auburn's second in command as the face for recruits coming to Troy.

It makes no sense to me.

No one can tell me the pressure is on Todd to switch commitments. There ought to be a an NCAA rule that states no recruit who has orally committed to one school can follow a coach to another. It's cherry picking at best.

TF: "Sorry Trojans, I'm leaving after less than two years and taking your top recruit with me. Good luck!"

Bob. But I am not sure that Todd is our TOP RECRUIT. I think we have a pretty nice compliment of talent at QB right now. I would say that Searcy (sp) would be our top recruit for this years class, that guy is a down right STUD and should shore up some depth at DE that we will miss due to graduation this year.

We already have 5 QBs that came here for the TF system and they aren't going anywhere. This kid 'verbally' commits which means he can de-commit all the way up to signing the scholarship contract. Sorry, but that is just the way it is.

littlebittyschool
12-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Man I've never heard of an SEC school (Arkansas) hiring a hot shot OC (Gus Malzone) who brings in a top QB recruit (Mitch Mustain). What SEC coach (Houston Nutt) would promise an OC that he could have full control over the offense and then go back on his word, force the OC to leave, have the qb transfer, and then quit the next year?

Troy87
12-12-2007, 11:14 PM

It makes no sense to me.

You're right! You don't get it!. And there are a couple more on here who don't get it as well. Any one who thought TF was going to be here more than three years was completely delusional and kidding themselves. I hoped for three, but I'm glad we got two.

TF having his camp at Troy would be huge for so many reasons, and as it stands right now, it looks like that may happen. Troy would still get 1200 kids in to Troy's campus, and more than likely, our coaches will continue to work the camps and make the extra summer $$$ for themselves. Yes TF would get a look at the same recruits we see, and yes, he would probably get the cream of the crop to go to AU, but you know what? We get to see 1200 kids that no other Sunbelt or CUSA or MAC or WAC or whatever conference team sees. And they get to see Troy.

College football head coaching ceased to be a vocation 15-20 years ago, and if you didn't see it then, you won't see it now.

Anytime something happems that doesn't suit your desire, you always seem to want to make a rule about it so that it fits your best interests or your philosophy, but the reality is that the majority of our capitalistic society does not fit your philosophy, and the majority in most cases rules.

And anyone else on this board who wants to hate either TF or AU or UA or whoever, because they are improving their personal position in life or the product they put out for their constituency, then you have unrealistic societal expectations, and will be disappointed often.

TUrocks
12-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Man I've never heard of an SEC school (Arkansas) hiring a hot shot OC (Gus Malzone) who brings in a top QB recruit (Mitch Mustain). What SEC coach (Houston Nutt) would promise an OC that he could have full control over the offense and then go back on his word, force the OC to leave, have the qb transfer, and then quit the next year?

I give up.....what school are you talking about??????

Troy87
12-12-2007, 11:16 PM

Now that's funny!

BMarkey
12-13-2007, 12:03 AM
87: As a new moderator, maybe you should write yourself a note of caution about your escalating criticism of me. You are getting mighty personal, bud.

Are you a moderator here or a TF disciple?

You don't like what I say (and as another poster mentioned, I believe the closet 'Aubbieism' appears to be rearing its ugly head between the lines of some posters' comments) and you go at me.

Why not just post your opinion and let it go? You are making a fight out of what could be a civil "conversation".

If you think its proper for a coach to leave a school and take one or more of its top recruits with him (you're kidding yourself if you think that isn't happening), then I am sorry for you. I am amazed you would condone that with the excuse of "it's just business." It might be legal and done on a semi-regular basis, but that doesn't make it just.

I know you hate this. So, just ban me. Put me out of my misery.

TROY96
12-13-2007, 01:12 AM
I agree - keep the camp coming to Troy. We need the exposure. There were kids from all over the U.S. on campus last year for it. CTF would definitely have to give a cut back to the school for use of the facilities, but I would make it very nominal, nothing excessive. If we get three playmakers out of the camp, what's the value of them?

Also, why burn the bridge? Down the road when the gloomy day comes and LB decides to call a career, would you not consider inviting CTF back to run the show? I wouldn't rule that out. (Of course, we have to find a way to be more comparable in our coaches' salaries.)

However, it's going to be interesting to see how long CTF is allowed to have his camps. There are some very strong egos in the Auburn program - stated at the top w/ TT - who may get a little jealous of CTF's camps.

Troy87
12-13-2007, 07:58 AM
87: As a new moderator, maybe you should write yourself a note of caution about your escalating criticism of me. You are getting mighty personal, bud.

You don't like what I say (and as another poster mentioned, I believe the closet 'Aubbieism' appears to be rearing its ugly head between the lines of some posters' comments) and you go at me.

Why not just post your opinion and let it go? You are making a fight out of what could be a civil "conversation".

If you think its proper for a coach to leave a school and take one or more of its top recruits with him, then I am sorry for you. I am amazed you would condone that with the excuse of "it's just business." It might be legal and done on a sem-regular basis, but that doesn't make it just.

Are you saying because I am a moderator I am not allowed to be critical of your viewpoints and opinions?

You are jumping to conclusions by inferring that TF is taking any recruits with him (hasn't happened yet), and it appears that because you have come to the conclusion this will happen (and it may) you think there should be a rule to prohibit it. Why? We got Jamie Hampton by convincing him to de-commit from Purdue. Why should there be a rule to prevent this? If a kid commits to a program because a coach or system is there, and then that coach or system changes affiliations, why shouldn't that kid have the opportunity to change his mind as well. Should he be stuck at a school that may no longer want him in their system? Should that kid not desire to make the best possible choice for his own future? Should he be forced to sit a year he made a committment based on a set of circumstances that no longer exists? These are 18-20 year old kids being pressured by coaches to make a decision that may not always have their best interests in mind. It doesn't make it just for a kid to have stay committed to something that changed so quickly. BUT, once the signing period is over, there is no de-committment from that point for that year, and he has to live with that decision for the rest of the year.

So then obviously this goes back to the Coach that is changing schools. Did you think TF was going to be here longer than three years? If so what led you to believe that? Did the persuasion of this board lead you to believe that LB and TF were the dynamic duo and that neither LB or TF would ever leave? Because that was here a lot. But LB never expected that. Is it your opinion that TF should have only be interested in Troy? He was at a BCS school once before. Why would he want, and why should we expect him to stay at a level that is below where he used to be?

You take pot shots at TF by saying he doesn't have integrity if he tries to do the best job he can for his new employer. You call him the enemy at a stuck up school? How specifically is HE the enemy?

enemy (enemies)

someone who is hostile to, feels hatred towards, opposes the interests of, or intends injury to someone else

a hostile force or nation; a fighting member of such a force or nation

an alliance of such forces

It appears by this definition we are more the enemy of TF than he is of us, and I don't believe he is in either case.

But this is all my opinion.

TrojanEmpire
12-13-2007, 08:36 AM

If you think its proper for a coach to leave a school and take one or more of its top recruits with him, then I am sorry for you. I am amazed you would condone that with the excuse of "it's just business." It might be legal and done on a sem-regular basis, but that doesn't make it just.

Bob, calm down buddy. Sheer anger does not become you.

Discophobia
12-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Leave Bob alone, that is all I have to say about that!

FLTroyPhan
12-13-2007, 11:42 AM
You're right! You don't get it!. And there are a couple more on here who don't get it as well. Any one who thought TF was going to be here more than three years was completely delusional and kidding themselves. I hoped for three, but I'm glad we got two.

TF having his camp at Troy would be huge for so many reasons, and as it stands right now, it looks like that may happen. Troy would still get 1200 kids in to Troy's campus, and more than likely, our coaches will continue to work the camps and make the extra summer $$$ for themselves. Yes TF would get a look at the same recruits we see, and yes, he would probably get the cream of the crop to go to AU, but you know what? We get to see 1200 kids that no other Sunbelt or CUSA or MAC or WAC or whatever conference team sees. And they get to see Troy.

College football head coaching ceased to be a vocation 15-20 years ago, and if you didn't see it then, you won't see it now.

Anytime something happems that doesn't suit your desire, you always seem to want to make a rule about it so that it fits your best interests or your philosophy, but the reality is that the majority of our capitalistic society does not fit your philosophy, and the majority in most cases rules.

And anyone else on this board who wants to hate either TF or AU or UA or whoever, because they are improving their personal position in life or the product they put out for their constituency, then you have unrealistic societal expectations, and will be disappointed often.

Nominated for best post of the Year!!!

TrojanEmpire
12-13-2007, 02:06 PM

Amen brother!

troy72
12-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Amen brother!

And I 2nd that!

TroyFirst
12-13-2007, 03:05 PM
... and as another poster mentioned, I believe the closet 'Aubbieism' appears to be rearing its ugly head between the lines of some posters' comments ...
To the TF apologists: Your orange and whatever is showing. This happening is bringing out the true Tigers amongst the Trojans.

Champion
12-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Look at us we all sound like a bunch of baby's. Here's the thing, we're all running around in a widespread panic. That's ridiculous. Our athletic program has always fought and clawed no matter what, I mean no matter what. We've always fought with our bare knuckles, and that's a Troy tradition no one can take away. We're not going to stop now, and this whole Franklin thing...you guys need to let it go.

Honestly, all Tony did was help us. If anything this a good marketing tool for us, and we will capitalize from it. This situation is a classic example of looking at the glass half empty, or half full.

We're putting all of our hate towards Auburn, and we're wasting our time guys.

Tony's gone guys, end of story.

Troy_Nomad
12-13-2007, 03:26 PM
To the TF apologists: Your orange and whatever is showing. This happening is bringing out the true Tigers amongst the Trojans.

so now everyone who chooses not to wish Tony Franklin a slow and painful death is a closet Auburn fan? I absolutely HATE to see him leave, especially when he's going to another in-state school. But I also understand that he did far more for this program in two years than what anyone should be expected to do in such a short time. Therefore I am very thankful to him for his service and hope that he and his family are very happy in their new life. Notice I didn't say I wish him lots of luck and multiple championships and undefeated seasons. I think we can be happy for him and congratulate him for his new job without saying "war eagle" in the same breath. Some of you need to take a deep breath, step back off the ledge, and spread some Christmas cheer.

Champion
12-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Well put Nomad.

Shallow_Hal
12-13-2007, 04:15 PM
It is ridiculous for anybody to bash TF for taking a job to better himself professionally, even if it affects recruiting. All coaching changes have some affect on recruiting (baseball, bball, etc.) If you hate Auburn, that is fine. I do!! But TF did a superb job at Troy. It seems the bashing doesn't recognize the hole he got us out of. We are lucky we haven't lost LB. But his past has helped keep him at Troy.

I am surprised at the posters who I respected because of their longer following of Trojans sports bashing someone taking on more professional experience. I must tell you, I am an optimist, and I would be happy with TF being successful at Auburn and returning to Troy in a few years to be our HC. TF is good at what he does, I believe we all agree. So it isn't a surprise he had other offers.

Troy87
12-13-2007, 04:27 PM

I'm not a TF apologist, because TF has nothing to apologize for.

Where is it written how long TF was expected to be at Troy? Show me!

I have no affection for AU or UA in any way. If there was a school that has any bearing on my leanings other than Troy, it's FSU. I went to school there for a year, so I have a part of my education from there.

But I will say this to all you "haters" out there who want to spew bile at everyone who isn't playing your game like you want. Deny it if you want, but one of the reasons we have become the program we are is because of UA and AU. How many of their players landed at Troy when we were D-IAA. Do you think they weren't given a referral to Troy when it came time for them to look elsewhere? You can bet there were occasional calls to the Troy Athletic Dept. asking if we had need of a good player at some position. And another part of that is the respect that LB commands from both UA and AU for the coach he is.

You may want to hate on Franklin and AU and UA right now because you feel your tiny worlds are collapsing all around you, but because we have LB, and because of the respect he has received from the schools up the road, and because we have had players from those schools at Troy, THAT is a sizable part of why we have come as far as we have.

QED!!!!

ugatrojan
12-13-2007, 04:35 PM
I'm a hater of AU and UA! I just hope everybody else on these board is as well. IT won't be long before one of them mans up to play us! I just can't wait for that day!

Psitech
12-13-2007, 04:36 PM
I wish Tony all the best, but if I hear another aubie say "war spread eagle" again I'm gonna friggin lose it.

Nice Trojan
12-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Maybe TF will convince the folks up there to give us a shot.

Buzz Lightyear
12-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Have no love for Auburn but have to thank Tony Franklin for what he has done for the program......thanks for getting Omar to drop by for a couple of years..........

Good job

Troy87
12-13-2007, 07:55 PM
I wish Tony all the best, but if I hear another aubie say "war spread eagle" again I'm gonna friggin lose it.

That was just an Auburn frat boy talking to his girlfriend

TroyFirst
12-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Notice I didn't say I wish him lots of luck and multiple championships and undefeated seasons. I think we can be happy for him and congratulate him for his new job without saying "war eagle" in the same breath.

I would not call you a TF apologist. I like your attitude.

Troy87 ought to divert some of his wrath for posters here to the guy whose untimely exit put the school in the position it finds itself.

TUrocks
12-13-2007, 09:16 PM
It is ridiculous for anybody to bash TF for taking a job to better himself professionally, even if it affects recruiting. All coaching changes have some affect on recruiting (baseball, bball, etc.) If you hate Auburn, that is fine. I do!! But TF did a superb job at Troy. It seems the bashing doesn't recognize the hole he got us out of. We are lucky we haven't lost LB. But his past has helped keep him at Troy.

I am surprised at the posters who I respected because of their longer following of Trojans sports bashing someone taking on more professional experience. I must tell you, I am an optimist, and I would be happy with TF being successful at Auburn and returning to Troy in a few years to be our HC. TF is good at what he does, I believe we all agree. So it isn't a surprise he had other offers.

Good post.

I think we can all agree that whether you are wishing him good luck or are bashing the guy for leaving, he was important enough in his limited tenure at Troy for all of us to be dismayed at his leaving. Whether you still respect the guy or not for his decisions, it's done and over with and there's nothing we can do now but keep rooting for great things to continue to happen to our football program.

Can we all just please leave it at that and move on?? There's so many posts on this subject that I posted something the other day that earlier I was trying to look for and I can't even find it because I don't remember which thread I posted it on. I must've searched back three pages.

Troy87
12-13-2007, 09:59 PM
I would not call you a TF apologist. I like your attitude.

Troy87 ought to divert some of his wrath for posters here to the guy whose untimely exit put the school in the position it finds itself.

My "wrath" is not for the posters per se. It's for the hate directed at a man that is bettering his lot in life. I'm a capitalist, and proud of it. I don't step on others to make my way, but I try not to let good opportunities get by me either by letting someone else take a shot at something I might have been able to get.

TF did just that. He didn't step on anyone, though there are many here who differ with that opinion. He had an opportunity that was only going to come back by him once or twice, so why should he risk it not coming around that second time?

I just don't get the hate directed at him, and AU for his going there. I was brought up that "hate" is reserved only for those truly evil instances, and should be doled out with reserve. "Love" and "hate" are very strong words, and should not be used arbitrarily or loosely. There are obvious instances when someone says "I hate when that happens" or in joking responses of "I hate you for saying that". But many of the posts on here are not in jest, and only serve to provide an unflattering portrait of how fickle and shallow some really are.

Not to bring up an old wound, but the "hate" that was put forth on this board for Nick Duke regarding his UGA article was very poor in taste IMO, but I also realize many don't reserve the use of that word as much as I would. But I also understood where a lot of the emotion was coming from, and it was valid to an extent.

People should reserve their hatred for the likes of the 9/11 terrorists, or child molesters, or gunmen mowing down people in a mall. Not for coaches who take a better job or the employer who hires them.

Buzz Lightyear
12-13-2007, 11:51 PM
My "wrath" is not for the posters per se. It's for the hate directed at a man that is bettering his lot in life. I'm a capitalist, and proud of it. I don't step on others to make my way, but I try not to let good opportunities get by me either by letting someone else take a shot at something I might have been able to get.

TF did just that. He didn't step on anyone, though there are many here who differ with that opinion. He had an opportunity that was only going to come back by him once or twice, so why should he risk it not coming around that second time?

I just don't get the hate directed at him, and AU for his going there. I was brought up that "hate" is reserved only for those truly evil instances, and should be doled out with reserve. "Love" and "hate" are very strong words, and should not be used arbitrarily or loosely. There are obvious instances when someone says "I hate when that happens" or in joking responses of "I hate you for saying that". But many of the posts on here are not in jest, and only serve to provide an unflattering portrait of how fickle and shallow some really are.

Not to bring up an old wound, but the "hate" that was put forth on this board for Nick Duke regarding his UGA article was very poor in taste IMO, but I also realize many don't reserve the use of that word as much as I would. But I also understood where a lot of the emotion was coming from, and it was valid to an extent.

People should reserve their hatred for the likes of the 9/11 terrorists, or child molesters, or gunmen mowing down people in a mall. Not for coaches who take a better job or the employer who hires them.

Very well put.........I don't want to sound like Rodney King but most on here will disagree from time to time. That is ok, because most places would really be boring if everyone thought the same way. I really believe that everyone here is a Troy fan with the occasional creep. All in all good post and in reality it is a game no matter how much we love it.........and I do mean love in this case.........

BMarkey
12-14-2007, 12:11 AM
I don't think anyone here said they hated the man (although one poster said something about him being "dead" to them). I clearly said that I could not wish him luck because that luck would come directly at our expense.

My comments were blown out of proportion. So, to set the record straight, I wish the man no ill will and in fact, I hope he is forever healthy and happy. In life.

But in recruiting and on the fields, I hope he loses every battle related to Troy. And that starts with Chris Todd.

I also called him the enemy and stand by that statement as it pertains to the game of football, which is what these posts are about. He is our football enemy now.

TrojanWarrior418
12-14-2007, 01:06 AM
I really didn't know how I was going to post on here about TF leaving us. I've waited a few days and thought about it. First of all I DO want to thank Tony for installing an offense that actually WORKED and it's great to hear that we are keep it. I am sad to see him go, but Troy now needs to step up our financial game if we wish to compete against the likes of AU/UA.
I'm really going to miss our brief chats. Almost every week Tony Franklin would come in the Deli with Neal Brown and I'd ask him what the game plan for the week was and he would reply "Score early and often" or "Win." The only thing I regreat was not asking for a autographed football with all the coaches and seniors because it would be a pleasure to have.
I can't really blame TF for jumping ship, but I hope that we can keep a working releationship with him so we can leave the door open for him to come back. Who knows maybe if we get some more $$$ we can hire him back or if(God forbid) Blakeny retires he can replace him.

All I want for Christmas is a spread offense, a conference championship, and one upset on the road in '08.

Discophobia
12-14-2007, 11:16 AM
I don't think anyone here said they hated the man (although one poster said something about him being "dead" to them). I clearly said that I could not wish him luck because that luck would come directly at our expense.

My comments were blown out of proportion. So, to set the record straight, I wish the man no ill will and in fact, I hope he is forever healthy and happy. In life.

But in recruiting and on the fields, I hope he loses every battle related to Troy. And that starts with Chris Todd.

I also called him the enemy and stand by that statement as it pertains to the game of football, which is what these posts are about. He is our football enemy now.

You are exactly correct, I dont wish anything bad for TF and I understand his decision, however my loyalty is with my school and that school is Troy. If TF succeeds at AU it is bad for my schools program, therefore I do not wish him success in his new endeavor. Now if he was going to a school say in Canada, well then best wishes. We do compete against AU for recruits and fans, to not realize this is misguided thinking. I wish those on this board that were in the closet would just go ahead and admit if they have a second favorite team. It would go something like this: My name is___________ and I support Troy first, but I support aubbie/bamer second.