PDA

View Full Version : Drew's Blog...

troy4ever
12-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Wednesday night roundup
December 12, 2007
dchamplin

Spoke with head coach Larry Blakeney. He said he didn’t have a timetable on naming a new offensive coordinator, but will continue to run the same offense. He did say they would look to hire a new offensive assistant, but that person would not be the offensive coordinator.

That means the new guy will come from this staff - either outside receivers/special teams coach Shayne Wasden, inside receivers coach Neal Brown, running backs coach Chad Scott or offensive line coach John Schlarman.

Wasden has been here four years, Brown two, Scott one and Schlarman one. He said he hadn’t decided yet which one would take over. The biggest thing is keeping the system in place and letting recruits know that will be the case.

Blakeney did say the recruiting should stay on course but expressed concerns of losing a quarterback recruit. He obviously couldn’t say his name.

That, if you’ve been paying attention, is Chris Todd. Well, I talked to Todd, and he said the switch isn’t set in stone, but he and his family are setting up a visit to Auburn this weekend.

You never know, Momma might not like what they’re feeding him at Auburn. Troy’s going to still recruit him, but Todd has a close relationship with Tony Franklin. He did have good things to say about Troy.

“I am aware of what Tony is doing,” Todd said. “I called him and congratulated him. After talking with my family, we decided to set up a visit to Auburn and we’ll go from there. I can’t say a bad thing about Troy. I enjoyed the visit and the people I met were great.”

A dead period starts in recruiting next week, Dec. 17 and runs through Jan. 3, with Jan. 2 and 3 being days that coaches can contact mid-term enrollees that have signed letters of intent. Mid-term enrolles have to sign next week, Dec. 18, so Todd’s got a quick decision. Auburn has two quarterback commitments listed by rivals.com, though both are freshmen. AU also has three returning quarterbacks on scholarship - Neil Caudle, Blake Field and Kodi Burns.

Personally, I think it’s an extreme, extreme longshot that Todd sticks with Troy, but you never know what could happen.

As far as the camps Franklin has been having at Troy? Blakeney is hoping they’ll continue, because it’s logistically near-impossible to do it at Auburn. I’m pretty sure Franklin wants to keep running the camps at Troy.

Posted in by Drew Champlin on 12/12 at 07:17 PM

Troy87
12-12-2007, 10:35 PM
That could be HHHHHUUUUUUGGGEEEEE!

Discophobia
12-13-2007, 07:54 AM
Why is it logistically impossible to do it at Aubbie?

troy4ever
12-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Probably because they already have so many things going on during the summer at Auburn.

Troy87
12-13-2007, 10:55 AM
It may in part be because Tubberville has his own camp going on at Auburn each summer, and I imagine it's something that's in his contract. Having TF's camp there could be a conflict of Tubberville's contract.

Discophobia
12-13-2007, 11:07 AM
The whole thing seems odd! That Aubbie would let their OC have a camp at another instate DI school. I would hope that our new OC - Wasden/Brown whomever will be heavily involved in the entire camp proccess.