PDA

View Full Version : News conf to come today

The Red Wave
12-12-2007, 05:47 PM
I just visited with a friend today who is close to the situation and he indicated a news conf is going to take place shortly. Sounds like we lost a good one. However , as long as LB is driving the bus, I'm on board! LB is the best thing to ever happen to Troy next to Ralph Adams!
LB, we are behind you 100% come hell or high water!!!!!!

trojanbrutha
12-12-2007, 06:06 PM
From Drew:

Just spoke with Troy spokesperson Jason Wright. You might remember him, he used to be the punter. Now, he works in sports information. He told me that Tony Franklin’s office is being cleaned out as we speak, there’s a U-Haul outside, and a person from Auburn is helping him.

It’s starting to get reported by real media outlets elsewhere, too, so get ready.

Posted in by Drew Champlin on 12/12 at 04:30 PM

The Red Wave
12-12-2007, 06:18 PM
LB is THE MAN. LB, put on those headsets and make it happen!

WeSuck.com
12-12-2007, 06:22 PM
I knew it! RedWave you are a closet Aubie fan and it shows in your posts.

The Red Wave
12-12-2007, 06:24 PM
I have friends in LOW places and keep my ear to the ground. Ax me about Troy

trojanbrutha
12-12-2007, 06:30 PM
From Drew:
The first year I covered Troy football was 2005. Since then, now eight coaches have left.

After 2005
DL coach/co-defensive coordinator Ricky Logo went to Vanderbilt
OC Mark Fleetwood was let go
OL coach Jeff Fela was let go
LB coach Ben Waldrop left to pursue other opportunities

After 2006
OL coach Matt Moore went to Texas Tech
RB coach James Joseph went to Memphis
DL coach/co-defensive coordinator Mike Pelton went to Iowa State

After 2007
OC Tony Franklin goes to Auburn

Its still early, and I still need to have a more detailed chat with Troy head man Larry Blakeney. Where does Troy go from here? There are some good candidates to promote from within as far as offensive capabilities, but none have been quarterback coaches at this level. Well see what happens.

Posted in by Drew Champlin on 12/12 at 05:13 PM

I believe that Omar could become a grad assistant and be the QB coach...he does have a different motion, but from being with TF the last 2 yrs, I think he could be good at it...

cuke63
12-12-2007, 10:30 PM
didn't we also lose Tracy Rocker and James Joseph too?