PDA

View Full Version : Hiring from within

srbtrojan
12-12-2007, 04:24 PM
I had someone tell me today that spoke with LB last, that he knows this is a tough decision for Tony. He also mentioned that he knew all along that TF would only be here a couple of years, so he has been prepering for this. He mentioned that he plans on hiring someone from within the current coaching staff to take over the OC job.

He looked at having tony as more of a consultant than a coach. I just hope they learned enough to continue what he started.

I also think that Shane might be the guy for the job!

playfailstoogain
12-12-2007, 04:34 PM
I had someone tell me today that spoke with LB last, that he knows this is a tough decision for Tony. He also mentioned that he knew all along that TF would only be here a couple of years, so he has been prepering for this. He mentioned that he plans on hiring someone from within the current coaching staff to take over the OC job.

He looked at having tony as more of a consultant than a coach. I just hope they learned enough to continue what he started.

I also think that Shane might be the guy for the job!

i posted this on another thread but i think Brown probably knows the system better than anyone else, but wasden has more overall experience - i would expect to see another co- designation with brown and wasden as co-oc

Discophobia
12-12-2007, 04:35 PM
LB is after all a mad football genius! I drank the LB koolaide a long time ago, Wasden would be a good choice since he has very involved with TF and his system.

TU/JSU Fan
12-12-2007, 05:20 PM
I don't know.. I would rather hire from outside.. I like these guys, but still.. I think we need someone fresh if we are going to lose our best OC in years.

FormerTrojan87
12-12-2007, 05:27 PM
would be stupid. You would throw all the recruiting that has been done over the last 2 and a half years. Also you would have to learn entire terminology. Hire Brown and let him do the job. What everyone needs to worry about is that you are going to lose your you QB recruit. Hope they find another one,

Nice Trojan
12-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Hire Brown or Wasden, then their give their job to Gary Banks - who else.

chipshot
12-12-2007, 07:06 PM
IMHO I believe Shayne Wasden will be the next OC. Terrific coach with plenty of experience. Will keep the good aspects of TF's program while putting his own stamp on the offense. Just my prediction....

Through with the negativity bc it doesnt really matter....we are where we are...Wasden will be a force in college football in the future we may as well take advantage of his knowledge while he is here.

ThePowerMan
12-12-2007, 07:07 PM
No kidding. Look at all the grad assistances that we have sent to the big time. Omar, however, may end up in some sort of pro football. Banks, on the other hand, has a family and I could really see him moving to the coaching ranks.

troy4ever
12-12-2007, 07:08 PM
I liked Wasden when he coached my high school team while I was a student there. I still like him. He's a good coach. Every program he's ever been associated with has been very successful. I personally would not have a problem naming him OC

ThePowerMan
12-12-2007, 07:22 PM
I think Wasden would pick up where TF left off. I also see TF helping Troy if someone was promoted within or if Troy were to hire someone who was schooled by TF. Again, Rush Propst fits this, too. He may have had troubles but he still is a great coach and I see him back in the coaching circles very soon.