trojanbrutha
12-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Thanks!...I'm listenin now...

NWFLTrojan
12-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the information.

Psitech
12-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Let us know what he says. Some of us are either out of range or can't listen at work. Thanks!

troy4ever
12-12-2007, 12:12 PM
My connection at work sucks. It's taken forever to buffer. Let us know what he says!

TroyPremier
12-12-2007, 12:13 PM
He said if TF is offered the job, he believes that TF will be Auburn's next OC.

troyfan
12-12-2007, 12:14 PM
LB said that if Tony is offered the job he is pretty sure TF will take the job.

troy4ever
12-12-2007, 12:18 PM
I think the question is, has, when, or will Tuberville offer him the job. We all know he'll take it.

TroyPremier
12-12-2007, 12:24 PM
LB didn't seem too frustrated about TF possibly leaving.....or at least his tone of voice didn't express any frustration....

trojanbrutha
12-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Yeah...that bein said, he likes him as a person (that's evident) but he understands the circumstances...I think losin the camp is gonna be the biggest lose (3rd in the nation? Wow!)

troy4ever
12-12-2007, 12:27 PM
He sounded relatively calm about it and made it clear we would continue in the same direction on offense. I don't think he's worried too much because he's use to losing great coordinators to the bigger programs. It's basically just another day in the life of Larry Blakeney anymore.

playfailstoogain
12-12-2007, 12:46 PM
LB and the rest of us will be fine. Have faith he will make the right hire, and if he doesnt then have faith he will replace him.

We are not a destination school for up and coming, or second coming coordinators, that is simply a fact of life in D-1 - there are only a hand full of schools that are, and even at those change in coordinators is often on what appears to be on a regular basis.

Its worth noteing i think that we need to be thankful that we have LB guiding the ship. his 17 years is a rarity in D-1 football, especially at a school that has a budget the size of Troy's. When LB retires i think we will be able to really appreciate what is has done and how important that stability is. We need to guard against the USM mind set - i fear they are about to start a revolving door at head coach with a maximum of 3 or 4 years out of a guy before he moves on to a higher profile job.

Anyway, we will be fine. there are plenty of good canidates we can bring in to run this offense and tweak it even further. Heck, we may even add in a play of inside the five other than Quaterback draw (i think i counted 8 against UGA inside the 5)....

Cheers.

goe1975
12-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Its worth noteing i think that we need to be thankful that we have LB guiding the ship. his 17 years is a rarity in D-1 football, especially at a school that has a budget the size of Troy's. When LB retires i think we will be able to really appreciate what is has done and how important that stability is.
Cheers.

Yep, you really gotta love the guy for sticking with us all these years despite the very tough-loss close games and personnel turnovers. It's not an easy job to keep the team focused, the recruits interested and remain calm during all the changes that seem to always come at the worst times. He deserves a lot more than we can give him. Now when he leaves, that will be a very, very sad day.

BMarkey
12-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Did he say anything about what Troy was doing to keep him? 'Any counter offer?

... or just goodbye?

Discophobia
12-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Yep, you really gotta love the guy for sticking with us all these years despite the very tough-loss close games and personnel turnovers. It's not an easy job to keep the team focused, the recruits interested and remain calm during all the changes that seem to always come at the worst times. He deserves a lot more than we can give him. Now when he leaves, that will be a very, very sad day.

Perfect time for a stadium name change! LB /vetarns stadium

troy4ever
12-12-2007, 04:39 PM
I think it's pretty much goodbye.

Troy87
12-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Did he say anything about what Troy was doing to keep him? 'Any counter offer?

... or just goodbye?

LB probably would not be privvy to that info until a deal is made. The contract negotiations will be between TF and Steve Dennis. Also, LB would not be the one to release the info. That would come through official press release.

BMarkey
12-12-2007, 04:48 PM
I sure hope Troy has at least made TF an offer to try and keep him.