PDA

View Full Version : Alight, who hates Auburn?

Possum
12-12-2007, 11:26 AM
You know what? I really despise Auburn. I really do think TF will only get in trouble at Auburn, heck we all know Auburn is a bunch of cheaters anyways. Don't they lead the NCAA for infractions?

Me and my buddies (Student buddies) had a cleansing last night. We went to Wal-Mart got a Auburn shirt, wrote Tony Franklin on it and burned it. Tony Franklin is officially dead to me now.

GO TROJANS!

troy4ever
12-12-2007, 11:38 AM
You should have videotaped it and put it on youtube.

FoulPolePhenom
12-12-2007, 11:38 AM
you know he hasn't left yet...

FHBrian
12-12-2007, 11:40 AM
you know he hasn't left yet...

He is gone.

FoulPolePhenom
12-12-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm just saying....y'all are all hating the guy. And there has nothing OFFICIAL saying he has left. I'm not going to burn an auburn shirt in his name. Tony Franklin did more in the past two years for this football team than anyone could have imagined.

Possum
12-12-2007, 11:43 AM
well, he could have stayed and we wouldn't be having this conversation would we?

FHBrian
12-12-2007, 11:47 AM
He has done a lot for Troy and I am sure most if us realized he wasn't going to be here forever, but none of us expected it so quick. Plus we are all still hurting from the FAU loss and this just adds to it. But he is gone and I don't think there is anything that will change that. I just hope we build on what he started and are able to move forward on the progress we have gained. I am not happy he is leaving but I am not sure i would waste my money on burning a Auburn shirt, that 8 bucks may have been better used as a donation to the Trojan Warriors.

FoulPolePhenom
12-12-2007, 11:47 AM
and what if by some miracle he does end up staying?

troy4ever
12-12-2007, 11:49 AM
then everyone has to eat their own words and we'll all be loving Tony Franklin again.

FoulPolePhenom
12-12-2007, 11:49 AM
I am not happy he is leaving but I am not sure i would waste my money on burning a Auburn shirt, that 8 bucks may have been better used as a donation to the Trojan Warriors.
Amen to that, You buying the shirt helped add to the athletic fund of Auburn University and helped pay that salary that Tony Franklin will be making. Even if it was just a little bit you are still helping out Auburn.

The Messenger
12-12-2007, 11:58 AM
I think most of us are just POed (I know I am) that it was Auburn that got him. I don't think it would've been as bad if somebody besides Auburn (or Alabama for that matter) would've gotten him.

bsmith_tsu
12-12-2007, 11:59 AM
I believe that as long as we still run the spread offense in the future, we will be fine. The OC might do all the play callin' but it's the players on the field who do the ballin'. Go TROY!

SOTSButterfly
12-12-2007, 04:27 PM
I've always hated Auburn and I will continue to even if we keep Franklin....

troyfan
12-12-2007, 09:00 PM
I think most of us are just POed (I know I am) that it was Auburn that got him. I don't think it would've been as bad if somebody besides Auburn (or Alabama for that matter) would've gotten him.

I couldn't agree more. If you can't play them, then just take their staff.

Lowbrass
12-12-2007, 09:36 PM
why in the blue hell did Auburn feel the need to come to little old Troy, a team that they will not play and steal our OC? Thats like going into your neighbors yard and stealing there car. What the hell. They'll be on probation soon probably anyway.

ugatrojan
12-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Auburn is nothing! Alabama will beat them every year, and if we played them. We'd beat both every year

Possum
12-13-2007, 01:05 AM
Amen, UGAtrojan...even though I don't like the UGA part of your name.

Trojan by Birth
12-13-2007, 07:15 AM
Auburn is nothing! Alabama will beat them every year, and if we played them. We'd beat both every year

Where have you been the last 6 years?

pelliott
12-13-2007, 07:49 AM
Would you all agree we are doing things right?
We lose good and great coaches each year to "bigger" schools
We lose good and great coaches each year to "richer" schools

Let's face it - if you are offered a job making a LOT (LOT LOT) more money and you will work the same amount of time - would you take it

Further - I think hiring Tony Franklin helps us - Heck - if LB leaves or retires -shouldn't we try to get this guy back????????

Finally - Auburn wants to be like Troy - and now the folks up the road can't say we are not for real - they like the fact we put 31 on Florida, 34 on Georgia and over 500 yards on offense

He is gone (for now) - who knows what will happen in the future

Trojan by Birth
12-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Let's face it - if you are offered a job making a LOT (LOT LOT) more money and you will work the same amount of time - would you take it

I would shovel poop all day if it paid slightly more than I make now.

ugatrojan
12-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Where have you been the last 6 years?

I'm a forward thinker

nohuddle
12-13-2007, 02:05 PM
born and raised an AUB, always hated Alabama, now my hatred of Auburn is complete. GO TROY.

they steal our offense, steal our coaches, steal our recruits, but scoff at the idea of playing us. **spits on Auburn, slaps their momma**

Trojan by Birth
12-13-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm a forward thinker

You are a dreamer.

nasupporter
12-13-2007, 02:25 PM
born and raised an AUB, always hated Alabama, now my hatred of Auburn is complete. GO TROY.

they steal our offense, steal our coaches, steal our recruits, but scoff at the idea of playing us. **spits on Auburn, slaps their momma**

I like your way of doing business nohuddle,,,,,,Great Post !.... I would like to have had you on my team,... But don't you want to hug and thank Tony just a little because he went to AUB instead of Bama? I think we have some who do? LOL. MY OPINION.

ugatrojan
12-13-2007, 03:54 PM
You are a dreamer.

At the end of the day...... You can't spell awful without AU!

TrojanWarrior418
12-14-2007, 12:45 AM
I have always despised Auburn and now I hate them just a little bit more. But it seems to me that this is yet again another lesson we are learning the hard way. We wanted to be treated like the big boys and now we are. We had a sucessful coach and now he has been scooped up by the school up the road. The University, the Athletic Program, the Trojan Warriors, Boosters, and fans are going to have to step up here, financially, if we want to keep great coaches and attract quality players. I know that the excuse of being in D I-A for under 10 years is getting old for some of us, but it's part of the growing pains we have to go through.
We should remember how much this sucks and take the necessary steps to correct this problem so it doesn't happen again.

TitanTiger
12-16-2007, 10:52 AM
So, when a school like Auburn needs to go hire an OC, they should only try to lure away ones from NFL teams, guys without a job, or from some other "big name" program? They shouldn't look at guys running offenses successfully at schools like Troy or Toledo or Miami (OH), Bowling Green, etc? That makes no sense.

I can understand the sentiment of you wanting Auburn to play you. Then again, I can understand the feeling on the other side that says Auburn has zero to gain from such an encounter. If we beat you, no one thinks that much of it. To most people, Auburn or Alabama should beat Troy, so you get no big boost in the polls for it. So the upside at best is that you simply get a win. But the downside is, you give a school that shares the same state with you and recruits the same area free publicity. On top of that, if you were to lose the game, it's the story of the week: Big Name SEC Program Loses To Troy. Heck, it gets a lot of notoriety if you simply play us close.

So in the end, playing you guys has all the upside in the world for Troy and little to none for Auburn and conversely has little to no downside for Troy and plenty for Auburn. I just have a feeling that all this disdain over the decision not to play you would be a lot less or non-existant if the shoe were on the other foot.

TrojanEmpire
12-16-2007, 11:11 AM
So, when a school like Auburn needs to go hire an OC, they should only try to lure away ones from NFL teams, guys without a job, or from some other "big name" program? They shouldn't look at guys running offenses successfully at schools like Troy or Toledo or Miami (OH), Bowling Green, etc? That makes no sense.

I can understand the sentiment of you wanting Auburn to play you. Then again, I can understand the feeling on the other side that says Auburn has zero to gain from such an encounter. If we beat you, no one thinks that much of it. To most people, Auburn or Alabama should beat Troy, so you get no big boost in the polls for it. So the upside at best is that you simply get a win. But the downside is, you give a school that shares the same state with you and recruits the same area free publicity. On top of that, if you were to lose the game, it's the story of the week: Big Name SEC Program Loses To Troy. Heck, it gets a lot of notoriety if you simply play us close.

So in the end, playing you guys has all the upside in the world for Troy and little to none for Auburn and conversely has little to no downside for Troy and plenty for Auburn. I just have a feeling that all this disdain over the decision not to play you would be a lot less or non-existant if the shoe were on the other foot.

I don't hate Auburn. Life on this earth is too short for hate. However, I am so sick of the nothing to gain and everything to lose argument.

Then explain to me why LSU plays Tulane. Why does Ohio State play Akron, Youngstown State, Kent St, Cincinnati, Bowling Green and Miami (OH)? Why does Michigan play Western, Central and Eastern Michigan? Why does Florida play FAU? Why has Miami played the likes of FAMU in the past? Why has Vandy played MTSU? Why did S. Carolina play SC State? I seem to remember UGS playing Ga. Southern. West Virginia plays Marshall. UNC plays E. Carolina. Guess they all had too much to lose as well? That is a very weak and very lame excuse. They don't make excuses and play other in-state schools. Why is that unique to the state of Alabama? If you are scared to lose, then why do you play the game?

That argument no longer holds water. If you don't want to play in-state teams, then just say so.

ThePowerMan
12-16-2007, 12:34 PM

So if you lose to a team like UL-Monroe then no one notices. If you lose to a team like Tenn. Martin then nobody has nothing to lose, right? But if you beat those teams then you gain another W to get bowl eligible. BUT......if you beat a team like Troy then it gains you better quality points in the BCS. So, the way I see it......If you are scared then say you are scared. "Nothing to gain but everything to lose"........HA! That's just a long way to say "I'm Scared".

ksdtrojan
12-16-2007, 02:18 PM
"Nothing to gain but everything to lose"........HA! That's just a long way to say "I'm Scared".
Speaking the Truth!

Vito for TROY
12-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Just curious - what do you gain by playing Tennesse Tech, New Mexico State, or Western Carolina? Auburn boasts the 6 in a row against Bama. To people outside the state of Alabama, that may be impressive only because of Bama's storied past; but those of us in state aren't impressed because we know how really bad they've been over that period. So what has Auburn gained by beating them the past 6 years? No doubt in my mind, that would not have been AU's record against TROY over that same period. Of course that's all speculation, since we can't seem to settle it on the field.

Doesn't it seem it could only help Auburn's strength of schedule to have an annual ooc, in-state rivalry game, regardless of what conference we're in, versus a 50 - 0 drubbing of a team from out west that brings about 100 people (parents) to the game to support them? We're not Div. II anymore. I'm one that stands behind the "anybody, anytime, anywhere". I truly expects TROY to win every time our team hits the field.

ThePowerMan
12-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Auburn boasts the 6 in a row against Bama. To people outside the state of Alabama, that may be impressive only because of Bama's storied past; but those of us in state aren't impressed because we know how really bad they've been over that period. So what has Auburn gained by beating them the past 6 years? No doubt in my mind, that would not have been AU's record against TROY over that same period. Of course that's all speculation, since we can't seem to settle it on the field.

Bama took the 2nd worse NCAA penalty hit in NCAA history. With the scholarship reductions and coaching changes I am surprised that Auburn is very proud of that feat. But like V for Troy said....who knows what that record would have been during that same period if they played Troy. I guess its like a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop.......The World May Never Know.

I bet they are scared that LB's TroJan Horse knows his way around the Barn.