PDA

View Full Version : Only one choice to replace Franklin

Biology_Coach
12-12-2007, 10:52 AM
I am sick of hiring coaches who stay here for one or two years and then leave. Coaches who have no ties to the university.
I think Troy should take a serious look at Mike Turk at Huntingdon.
He would be my first choice. Who cares if his system is not exactly like TF's, he is a Troy guy with ties to the program.

Troy87
12-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Who cares if his system is not exactly like TF's, he is a Troy guy with ties to the program.

That's not the basis on which to hire a coach, especially a Coordinator.

Paul of Troy
12-12-2007, 02:03 PM
That's not the basis on which to hire a coach, especially a Coordinator.

I agree...

Ace
12-12-2007, 02:07 PM
my vote would be for chris hatcher at georgia southern ... but i doubt he'd leave a head coaching gig with the Eagles for an OC position. just MHO.

Lowbrass
12-12-2007, 02:23 PM
I say Texas Tech OC.

socrgoly25
12-12-2007, 02:27 PM
We don't need a new OC.

All Coach Blakeney needs to do is head over to Movie Gallery and rent NCAA 2008.

"I knew I could do it; thanks Movie Gall'ry."

Lowbrass
12-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Oh yea, what were we thinking. Lets just run plays off the game. Heck yea.

socrgoly25
12-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Oh yea, what were we thinking. Lets just run plays off the game. Heck yea.

Yeah, and entirely cost effective.

Lowbrass
12-12-2007, 02:42 PM
If that was they case they could hire any of us to run it then.

socrgoly25
12-12-2007, 02:46 PM
If that was they case they could hire any of us to run it then.

Exactly. I'm available.

ThePowerMan
12-12-2007, 03:50 PM
I still say bring in a new young coach that has the same offensive philosphy as TF and let him work the program. I really wasn't kidding about the Hoover coach. LB has a history of restoring coaches images that were really not bad guys. They were guys who took wrong paths and hit bottom. I really wouldn't be surprised to get someone like that again. Heck, LB got a second chance.

TrojanWar
12-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Why not just hire someone already on staff that already knows this system? I figure that is what is going to happen.

Discophobia
12-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Have you ever met Rush Probst.... The biggest ego in the high school coaching world. This guy can win on the field at the high school level, but I would like to think we would get someone that when he talked about character to the players he had some to back it up with. I understand bringing a young OC, but this guy isnt that young and is not what we need. I cant imagine him wanting to take orders as an assistant from anyone. ego, ego, ego!

playfailstoogain
12-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Why not just hire someone already on staff that already knows this system? I figure that is what is going to happen.

i kind of assume it will be neal brown the inside rec. coach, or do a combo deal with he and wasden. if we go outside i think it will be a current OC from a DII or lower school - my 2cents

TrojanSigmaChi84
12-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Have you ever met Rush Probst.... The biggest ego in the high school coaching world. This guy can win on the field at the high school level, but I would like to think we would get someone that when he talked about character to the players he had some to back it up with. I understand bringing a young OC, but this guy isnt that young and is not what we need. I cant imagine him wanting to take orders as an assistant from anyone. ego, ego, ego!

I dont care if they have a big ego small one if theyr hated or liked i dont care if theyre black white pink or purpal. As long as the recruig great and win. I dont like Rush but he will do that. Hes no pansy. He goes and gets what he wants players and wins. I like him.

Discophobia
12-12-2007, 04:31 PM
So your saying character doesnt matter? As long as he can win on the field oh and why your at it lets change a few grades. Just as long as we win, that is all that matters. That is misguided thinking. I want to win, but this guy isnt the one and I disagree that he would be a great recruiter. He brings to much baggage to the table.

TrojanSigmaChi84
12-12-2007, 04:44 PM
So your saying character doesnt matter? As long as he can win on the field oh and why your at it lets change a few grades. Just as long as we win, that is all that matters. That is misguided thinking. I want to win, but this guy isnt the one and I disagree that he would be a great recruiter. He brings to much baggage to the table.

Yes Anything to win. This is not a world of character and saftey. Its a world of corruptness and scandal. Players grades are already being changed i swear to you Iv had classes with a few and they never go. Hardly ever do they. You do the math it happens everywhere. People of character and good morality get run over in college football.

Im just going to throw this out there. You all will probally tell me im nuts. He never in the past 3 seasons got to do things his way and never got full controll of the offense. so just hear me out and dont call me crazy. How about Al Borges hes avaliable. I think hes a damn good coach.

goe1975
12-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Yes Anything to win. This is not a world of character and saftey. Its a world of corruptness and scandal. Players grades are already being changed i swear to you Iv had classes with a few and they never go. Hardly ever do they. You do the math it happens everywhere. People of character and good morality get run over in college football.

Im just going to throw this out there. You all will probally tell me im nuts. He never in the past 3 seasons got to do things his way and never got full controll of the offense. so just hear me out and dont call me crazy. How about Al Borges hes avaliable. I think hes a damn good coach.

"I'm talkin' bout wife swappin'!"