PDA

View Full Version : It's the end of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TrojanEmpire
12-11-2007, 04:41 PM
C'mon people, you are better than this. You act like TF is the only guy on the planet who can coach and implement his style of offense. You think all the guys he has taught the system to have forgotten it or have not taught it to others? Everybody calm down. Troy will find someone that can run the offense that TF implemented and the defensive problems will get ironed out. Let's just relax.

BTW I (if he goes) will wish TF the best of luck and thank him for helping Troy football on the road to national relevance. He is not the enemy. He is not the Greeks to our Troy. He is not the Soviet Union to our United States.He is a part of the Troy family. As members of the Troy family, we should wish him well and go out there and compete against him on the recruiting trail and hopefully on the field someday.

BMarkey
12-11-2007, 04:45 PM
What about the summer camp (history)?

What about recruiting and the decisions that some kids are just now making? Do you think TF's leaving might have affected what he told kids in the last few days?

This whole thing smells.

O2MAN
12-11-2007, 04:47 PM
You can now look for the "Auburn Offensive camps w/ Tony Franklin". Look for Auburn to get 85% of the $$ and Franklin to get about 15%?

TrojanEmpire
12-11-2007, 04:52 PM
You can now look for the "Auburn Offensive camps w/ Tony Franklin". Look for Auburn to get 85% of the $$ and Franklin to get about 15%?

That's part of the business. If this were going on with a guy going from UNT to Texas, we would not even care. Since, it is happening to us, we are all outraged. I think we are not looking at this in the right perspective. The man has an opporutnity to make more money doing the same thing at a place with better facilities, etc. That does not show a lack of character. It shows a man doing what is best for his career. It happens all the time.

O2MAN
12-11-2007, 05:07 PM
I have no problem with someone bettering their life. I think he will be making the right move if it is for instant cash. I am willing to bet that he will not be in Auburn in a couple of years. The egos are too big up there, here Franklin is able to whatever he wants when he wants because LB is a great loyal man. I like Tuberville but I think his ego along with Franklin's will not be able to co-exist. The camps for example will never be the same, he will not have an office to himself where he can be a mad scientist, he will not make recruiting changes to fit the "Auburn mold". I see alot of problems in the future but for now he will be happy with all of the extra cash.

btdt
12-11-2007, 05:12 PM
It all depends on who we bring into replace TF if he leaves. I say even if he does leave, we will be fine. At least we have a system in place that we know works. I had a bad feeling this might happen this year as I watched the OK State game. The offense really looked good in that game on national TV. You think that showcase game did not raise an eyebrow or two? But we have to live with reality. If TF leaves, and the next guy comes in and kicks butt,then we will be going through the same in three or four years. I dont think anyone can be surprised right now, However I personally thought TF might say around for a few more years before the big schools came calling. I always felt that he would leave for a HC job at a mid major school. None of us saw this Auburn thing coming!! I think thats why LB will stay loyal to Rowell. His name is not out there and in time will learn to be a good DC.

The Red Wave
12-11-2007, 05:18 PM
That's part of the business. If this were going on with a guy going from UNT to Texas, we would not even care. Since, it is happening to us, we are all outraged. I think we are looking at this in the right perspective. The man has an opporutnity to make more money doing the same thing at a place with better facilities, etc. That does not show a lack of character. It shows a man doing what is best for his career. It happens all the time.

Empire it amazes me how childish some of our fans are. HELLO, it is his career. Hell, I wish Larry had a shot at a big time program, he deserves it. TF has been awesome for us, his brand of ball is so much fun to watch. I guess others on this board have never been offered a better opportunity. I hate to lose Tony, but at the same time, I'm happy for him, just like I'm happy for Turk.

btdt
12-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Another thing is I too can not see TF being at Auburn long term. Man their fans have to be the most "fickle" in the country. A bad year or even game, where the offense does not produce when it is counted on, and TF, AND HIS SYSTEM IS OLD NEWS IN TIGER COUNTRY. I can see it now(we should have never brought in this gimick offense). But , wow their fans sure want him right now.

cheapguy2006
12-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Another thing is I too can not see TF being at Auburn long term. Man their fans have to be the most "fickle" in the country. A bad year or even game, where the offense does not produce when it is counted on, and TF, AND HIS SYSTEM IS OLD NEWS IN TIGER COUNTRY. I can see it now(we should have never brought in this gimick offense). But , wow their fans sure want him right now.

exactly. I don't know if we should wish him well or not. I hope he does well but then its Aucrap and I hate them and I had really hoped we had something new here, a guy who doesn't chase the money etc. meh. Hopefully we can hire someone who can run a good offense.

Trojan2003
12-11-2007, 05:38 PM
C'mon people, you are better than this. You act like TF is the only guy on the planet who can coach and implement his style of offense. You think all the guys he has taught the system to have forgotten it or have not taught it to others? Everybody calm down. Troy will find someone that can run the offense that TF implemented and the defensive problems will get ironed out. Let's just relax.

It's the end of the world!

We might lose more assistants (eg Schlarman, Wasden) to Auburn + Chris Todd (who will probably decommit soon). Tyler Adetona decommitted yesterday. Troy's summer camp and recruiting will suffer.

nasupporter
12-11-2007, 05:39 PM

I agree. Tubby will cut him lose in a heart beat as soon as a little pressure mounts. Tubby got his contract extension and now he had to find someone to blame this season on,,, so Borgis gets the ax. Hell two years ago Borgis was rated by Tubby as the best OC in the Nation. Borgis is a good OC, It appears to me Tubby's recruits is what got Borgis in a jam. The poor guy had a QB to work with who was inept and couldn't do much and NO wide receivers. I would think Tubby is a big crybaby and blames all problems on everyone else except himself. Franklin will be in the same boat soon probably.
As far as Tony not being our ""enemy"" as someone suggested.... BS. When he leaves TROY he becomes our enemy.. PERIOD. He has shown no loyalty at all to LB... remember he was out of coaching till LB gave him a chance. I would have thought he would have stuck around a couple more years before jumping ship.
We will be o.k. The offense can be ran without TF.

42kdad
12-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Empire it amazes me how childish some of our fans are. HELLO, it is his career. Hell, I wish Larry had a shot at a big time program, he deserves it. TF has been awesome for us, his brand of ball is so much fun to watch. I guess others on this board have never been offered a better opportunity. I hate to lose Tony, but at the same time, I'm happy for him, just like I'm happy for Turk.

He is making a decision that I feel like most people on the board here would make, if presented with the opportunity to take a much better job at at least 2-3 times the salary you are making now.
And like I have said before , we better get ready for more of this in the future. If Troy keeps winning and gaining national recognition, more and more schools will notice our coaches, and throw the $$$ out to lure them away.

TrojanEmpire
12-11-2007, 08:12 PM
As far as Tony not being our ""enemy"" as someone suggested.... BS. When he leaves TROY he becomes our enemy.. PERIOD. He has shown no loyalty at all to LB... remember he was out of coaching till LB gave him a chance.

Don't go all General Patton on us now. Our enemy? This is college football, not the Battle of El Alamein.

So I guess he is supposed to stay just because LB gave him a chance? A lot of us have all had people give us a chance in life when we many think we don't deserve it. That does not mean we are indebted to them for life for crying out loud. I seriously doubt LB is taking it personally. He knows it is part of the business and knew this might happen.

I know we are all upset right now but we need to calm down.

trojanbrutha
12-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Don't go all General Patton on us now. Our enemy? This is college football, not the Battle of El Alamein.

So I guess he is supposed to stay just because LB gave him a chance? A lot of us have all had people give us a chance in life when we many think we don't deserve it. That does not mean we are indebted to them for life for crying out loud. I seriously doubt LB is taking it personally. He knows it is part of the business and knew this might happen.

I know we are all upset right now but we need to calm down.

I truly believe that, because when he spoke about those rumors that he (LB) was leaving, he said he wasn't but he wanted more money for his assistants...I guess he didn't get it...:confused:

TrojanEmpire
12-11-2007, 09:20 PM
I truly believe that, because when he spoke about those rumors that he (LB) was leaving, he said he wasn't but he wanted more money for his assistants...I guess he didn't get it...:confused:

get what? sorry i am a little tired

Discophobia
12-11-2007, 09:53 PM
While I dont blame TF for going for the money. We gave him a second chance, but in the end it is money that makes the world go around. I dont blame him for going, becuase in the end it is a job to him. While in the perfect world loyalty would trump everything else, but that is just not reality. While I do appreciate what he has done for Troy when he leaves he is our enemy. It is that plain and simple. We are competting against him for recruits. This isnt junior high ball this is D-I and you are either with us or your against us. Lets see how some of these well go easy on him becuase we dont play him attitudes start to change when we start losing offensive recruits that we could have had a shot at. Let us loose some recruits and then tell me that he is not our adversary.

ksdtrojan
12-11-2007, 10:14 PM
a raise for the assistants

trojanbrutha
12-11-2007, 11:23 PM

The extra money for his assistants...

TroyFirst
12-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Yes, he was supposed to stay long enough to cement the new offensive system, teach the other assistants his system, get some great recruits and open a pipeline that wouldn't just shut down the day after he leaves. Two years (actually less) is nothing. He was supposed to rebuild the team and leave it in good shape - not leave and take a bunch of key recruits with him.

I hope we wake up tomorrow and this was either just a bad dream or learn that Troy played its cards right in a counter-offer and TF will be here for years to come.