PDA

View Full Version : Trojan Warriors

TrojanFan2
12-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Lots of talk recently about Franklin leaving, no bowl, coaches salaries, etc.

The Trojan Warrior program was designed to address all these issues. It was designed to build a loyal fan base which is attractive to bowls, increase salaries for caoches, show support for Troy Athletics, etc, etc.

The initial goal was 1000 members. Open a program and you'll see about 250 members listed. If you're really serious about supporting Troy then join the program. It only costs $100 to get in the lolwest level. anyone with a job can afford that.

Don't send your money to the USA today paper, Sports illustrated or some other venue to grip about us not getting a bowl. Join the Trojan Warriors and show everyone that we support our team. Then increase your donation every year until you reach the All-American level ($5000 or more). Then we'll keep coaches and get top consideration on travel to bowl games.

And QUIT complaining about anyone who doesn't sit where you think they should sit, doesn't stand when you think they should stand, doesn't dress like you think they should dress, doesn't cheer like you think they should cheer, etc, etc. Welcome everyone into the tailgating areas regardless of the logo on the tent. Welcome them into the stadium regardless of their hat. Cheer for Troy but be grateful the other team played their best game and we beat them. I've found the best way to get respect is to give it. Eventually those folks that are casual fans wearing another team's logo will like the atmosphere at Troy and become a regular fan -- Maybe even a Trojan Warrior.

TROJANFAN26
12-11-2007, 04:31 PM
Good post...

BMarkey
12-11-2007, 04:38 PM
I've found the best way to get respect is to give it.

It's to bad the people wearing those other schools' shirts and hats don't know this.

The Trojan Warriors rganization is another vicitm of a good idea poorly advertised and marketed. Troy has to spend money in order to make it.

42kdad
12-11-2007, 05:48 PM
you win the post of the day award. It is hard to believe that we cannot get 1000 people to donate at least 100.00 per year. Just think of what an extra 100 grand per year could do for the athletic dept at Troy.
I agree with BMarkey also..it needs to be marketed better..along with everything else!

ThePowerMan
12-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Honestly, I did not know what the T.W. Club was about until recently. I actually thought it was more of a thing like Tide Pride. Which is to be able to purchase the chair back seating on the West Stands.

Like BMarkey said...it needs to be marketed better.

trojanbrutha
12-11-2007, 09:19 PM
I don't know what else they can do...they called me on the phone and also sent a package to the house...didn't anyone else receive it?

chipshot
12-11-2007, 09:53 PM
My only question is did the program make enough to pay for those hired to implement it? If not then its time for a change on the development side of things.

ksdtrojan
12-11-2007, 10:11 PM
My only question is did the program make enough to pay for those hired to implement it? If not then its time for a change on the development side of things.
Good point!

Navarre Trojan
12-11-2007, 10:16 PM
some of you have been, but I've known about this program for over a year, maybe closer to two years. Steve Dennis has spoken to our Alumni Association, at the Leadership Conference, on the Official Board, during every meeting that he has addressed to the Alumni and others. Not to mention via global emails and in the Alumni Mag. If your not a member of any alumni assoication or the National Alumni, and you don't go to the official web page, maybe you haven't heard about it.

It is beyond my comprehension that ANYONE who calls themselves a 'supporter' of Troy Athletics wouldn't have known about this program.

For more information just check out the Official Athletic site.

ksdtrojan
12-11-2007, 10:25 PM
some of you have been, but I've known about this program for over a year, maybe closer to two years. Steve Dennis has spoken to our Alumni Association, at the Leadership Conference, on the Official Board, during every meeting that he has addressed to the Alumni and others. Not to mention via global emails and in the Alumni Mag. If your not a member of any alumni assoication or the National Alumni, and you don't go to the official web page, maybe you haven't heard about it.

It is beyond my comprehension that ANYONE who calls themselves a 'supporter' of Troy Athletics wouldn't have known about this program.

For more information just check out the Official Athletic site.
I agree with you there. Season ticket holders got information about it by way of mail outs. Everyone should know about the Trojan Warrior program because if nothing else it is all over the TroyTrojans.com website.

ARE YOU A TROJAN WARRIOR? or BECOME A TROJAN WARRIOR!

Plastered everywhere even on the cup in my hand from one of the games.

Troy87
12-11-2007, 10:32 PM

It was not necessary to hire anyone to implement the program. It has been implemented by the staff that is in place right now. And, as others have said, I don't know how you could not know about the Trojan Warrior program. It's everywhere!

TroyFirst
12-12-2007, 12:59 AM
I have donated money to Troy. No one mailed or called me to join.

If the program generated 250 people, it has failed. It might be a case of the name being out there but that no one really knows specifically anything more than that.

TrojanFan2
12-12-2007, 08:50 AM
Link: http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/17200/pdf/WarriorsBrochure.pdf

Call Alicia Bookout (or probably anyone else in the athletics department) 334-670-3683.

Now everyone here has all the information needed. Just $100 is all you need to get started.

FHBrian
12-12-2007, 09:03 AM
The reason it doesn't have the numbers as before is now donations for season tickets is into a different place. You have to donate to one place for your seats and another for Trojan Warriors. In the past it was one place and one donation accomplished both.

chipshot
12-12-2007, 09:08 AM
If Troy did not hire someone to implement its Warrior program....then why not? I thought they needed this to be successful? Well if they just piled it on top of other responsibilities then they must of been paying some people that were not working or now have them so overwhelmed they cannot get it all done. If this is the most important funding program at Troy and there is no special hire to implement it and be held responsible for its success then maybe I shouldnt be surprised at its results.

But for all of you that do not question or are not willing to hold people responsible then do not be surprised when things fail.

Navarre Trojan
12-12-2007, 09:31 AM
If Troy did not hire someone to implement its Warrior program....then why not? I thought they needed this to be successful? Well if they just piled it on top of other responsibilities then they must of been paying some people that were not working or now have them so overwhelmed they cannot get it all done. If this is the most important funding program at Troy and there is no special hire to implement it and be held responsible for its success then maybe I shouldnt be surprised at its results.

But for all of you that do not question or are not willing to hold people responsible then do not be surprised when things fail.

I do question and hold folks responsible. For example IF YOU are not a Trojan Warrior, I hold you responsible! This is not the MOST IMPORTANT funding program at Troy, that would be the "Capital Campaign" (have you heard about that?), where the entire university is involved. The Trojan Warrior is a campaign specifically designed to help with the funding of Athletic Dept specific issues (like recruiting budgets, coaches salary enhancements, etc).

As an alumni or even a 'concerned party' YOU also have a responsibility to get educated on the funding of programs that you are most interested in. I would think that folks that are interested in the Athletic Dept well being would be, oh I don't know, reviewing the "official webpage" of the Athletic Dept., where, by the way, this information is available!

Maybe you should stop taking 'chip shots' at those in the Athletic Dept, and start taking shots and the chip on your shoulder, because someone or some department didn't get any information specifically to you or to your address.

Which alumni and friends association are you a member of? PM me, let me know that, and I will find out WHY that group has failed to get the word out to you. If you are a member in good standing with the National Alumni Association, I will make sure they have your up-to-date information (or how you can provide it) so it can be updated.

This entire transition (remember in "kids age - we are in the first grade - 6 years old) it is going to take some effort on all parties to get and keep this thing going in the right direction. Sitting around or typing 'faults' at the Athletic Department isn't going to solve anything.

In the words of Michael Irvin, "look up, get up, and never give up"! Get involved, personally challenge yourself to find out the answers, NOT providing blame why information wasn't hand delivered to you!

Tums
12-12-2007, 09:39 AM
I think the Trojan Warrior program should also look into taking planned giving like the Troy Shield Society.

chipshot
12-12-2007, 09:46 AM
As an active alumnus, all dues are paid and up to date (may actually discontinue that). As an active alumnus I have missed just 4 home games in 19 years. As an active alumnus, I generally attend at least 2 aways games every year. What I have a problem with is everytime someone questions things, you guys always assume that they do not support the university. I just demand answers from people who work at MY university. If they want a portion of my 50% of tax liability that can be donated then they need to answer questions. I am just not willing to send money when I question the loyalties of some in the Athletics department. For now that goes to my children's private school.

And for all of you that think business owners (alumni or not) will sit down and write a check for $25,000 + without being asked and not care about how its spent .....just do not understand the business world.

Navarre Trojan
12-12-2007, 10:13 AM
As an active alumnus, all dues are paid and up to date (may actually discontinue that). As an active alumnus I have missed just 4 home games in 19 years. As an active alumnus, I generally attend at least 2 aways games every year. What I have a problem with is everytime someone questions things, you guys always assume that they do not support the university. I just demand answers from people who work at MY university. If they want a portion of my 50% of tax liability that can be donated then they need to answer questions. I am just not willing to send money when I question the loyalties of some in the Athletics department. For now that goes to my children's private school.

And for all of you that think business owners (alumni or not) will sit down and write a check for $25,000 + without being asked and not care about how its spent .....just do not understand the business world.

I thought I was following your example, holding you accountable, asking some specific questions, yet, you avoid the specific answers. Be a part of the problem or be a part of solution, but coming on this board and pointing your finger at the work that, in your opinion, isn't being done to your satisfaction, and then threaten to pull your dollars, doesn't seem like a 'part of the solution' to me.

You haven't 'questioned things' on this thread as much as you have fired shots and innuendos at the Athletic Department and their inability to provide you with information. IF you are a season ticket holder then you already have been made aware of these programs. As I have stated, Steve Dennis, Athletic Director, and his entire staff, have been promoting this for over 2 years. Specific responsibilities have been assigned and are being adhered to. Now, holding a gun to 'active alumnus' and forcing them to "put up and shut up", well, that seems to be the more difficult task. I would say they perfer to provide the information to you, and then let you make the decision on how to spend your money. IF you decide to provide funds to the Trojan Warrior program, their 'funding use' is spelled out in the literature they provide.

What is a donation - your definition? No one in this thread has spoken about buisness owners and $25k, just about the Trojan Warrior program. I, too, am an Active Alumnus, of the Emerald Coast Alumni Assoication, I am a Trojan Warrior - two years running, also have 4 SC seats, also have a Bibb Graves 'account', am a member of the National Alumni Association as well as the Elba Alumni Assoication, so, DO NOT preach to me about giving or how many games you attend. I never questioned your support I merely asked for some information because it was clear to me that you were not getting the literature and/or other communique's that have been provided (to me) in the past. We give what we can reasonably afford. IF everyone on this board gave what they could 'reasonably" afford, this wouldn't be an issue.

We would have resources all over the University to man challenges of funding and facilities and student housing and all of the other challenges that face the faculty and staff. Unfortunately, we are losing a football coach, that's all, just a football coach. Someone, I promise you, will have the title of "Offensive Coordinator" for the Troy Trojans football team, and we will move on. But, for right now, I dub you Offensive Coordinator for this thread!

chipshot
12-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Holding me accountable...wow....now thats a stretch....didnt realize i was being PAID BY THE UNIVERSITY WHILE BEING A TOOL FOR AUBURN...is that the new low: hold those who pay accountable but not those being paid...nice can I fold up my business and come work for you...wait I'll bet you are an employee not an employer with that mentality.

Troy87
12-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Holding me accountable...wow....now thats a stretch....didnt realize i was being PAID BY THE UNIVERSITY WHILE BEING A TOOL FOR AUBURN...is that the new low: hold those who pay accountable but not those being paid...nice can I fold up my business and come work for you...wait I'll bet you are an employee not an employer with that mentality.

I am an employer, and I can tell you, I damn sure wouldn't hire you. You would be the one around the water cooler making snide comments about everyone, and starting rumors whether they had an ounce of truth or not. Sorry, you would be a troublemaker, and I don't want any working for me.

Oh, and as far as discontinuing your dues payment, go for it. It is apparent the little they receive from you in dues is not worth the trouble you feel obligated to incite. That's a basic cost-benfit analysis, and the way I see it, the benefit received from your dues is more than offset by the trouble you cost.

chipshot
12-12-2007, 01:07 PM
yep...troublemakers always ask those pesky questions I guess....as far as not having a shred of truth....bs....those questions hurt bc they are grounded in truth seeking yet further truth....but for the benefit of everyone on this site who would rather have there eyes covered with rose colored glasses while having their heads up the backside of people who are unwilling to take responsiblity or even account for their actions...I will no longer ask the impolite questions....I will do as I have done for the past 19 years which is go and support the team regardless of the coach or adminstration...drink your koolaid and enjoy...I am done and will leave this board for the administration's ditto heads...GO TROY

Navarre Trojan
12-12-2007, 01:10 PM
yep...troublemakers always ask those pesky questions I guess....as far as not having a shred of truth....bs....those questions hurt bc they are grounded in truth seeking yet further truth....but for the benefit of everyone on this site who would rather have there eyes covered with rose colored glasses while having their heads up the backside of people who are unwilling to take responsiblity or even account for their actions...I will no longer ask the impolite questions....I will do as I have done for the past 19 years which is go and support the team regardless of the coach or adminstration...drink your koolaid and enjoy...I am done and will leave this board for the administration's ditto heads...GO TROY

See Ya! Your brain seems to have twisted your tounge, and now you make no sense at all! I want some of YOUR koolaid!!!!!!

Troy87
12-12-2007, 01:12 PM

You are apparently attempting to answer questions that no one is asking while not answering those questions that have been put before you. You are rambling about things that have been twisted somehow in your brain to a point that you are koolaid drunk.

So at this point, assuming you hold true to your statement, I bid you adieu, and adios, asta la vista, sayonara, GOOD NIGHT NOW!

ksdtrojan
12-12-2007, 01:32 PM
PAID BY THE UNIVERSITY WHILE BEING A TOOL FOR AUBURN.
If we are blinded by our rose colored glasses then you are blinded by your perception of Larry Blakeney.