PDA

View Full Version : Mocs and Troy deal in the works ?

LowerAlabamaMocFan
12-11-2007, 06:10 AM
It is being reported in Chattanooga that a two game series with Troy is in the works. I just wondered if anybody had heard anything that would confirm this? This is all being reported with reports that the Mocs will play FSU and possibly South Florida next season. I personally would love to see Chattanooga play Troy, there are a couple of hundred former Moc players in this part of the state would love for this game to happen, including myself.

TroyFirst
12-11-2007, 01:55 PM
It had better include only games at Troy. I don't see us traveling to a formerly-I-AA site, even as good as UTC's facilities are said to be.

LowerAlabamaMocFan
12-11-2007, 02:12 PM
You are correct, Chattanooga has a great venue for college football, that is why Appy State and Delaware will be tying up for the FCS Championship game in Finley Stadium. I would expect both of these games to be in Troy, although Western Kentucky played in Chattanooga this season and you guys played at WKU, so go figure.
Although I played at Chattanooga, I am also a Troy fan. I have been since 1980, I have watched some of the great ones play at Troy Mike Turk, Don Horstead and Georgia Southern's Tracy Hamm and the Ham Bone Offense.
I donated the Porta Cool fans that you see on the sideline to the Troy team a few years ago. My former college coach Buddy Nix, who is now the Director of Player Personell for the San Diego Chargers and also a Carbon Hill, Al native) and Coach Blakeney are good friends, Coach Nix son was my roomate and our quarterback at UTC, so through the Nix family I got to know Coach Blakeney pretty well since the time he was at Auburn and I think you guys have a fantastic coach.
The only time that I would pull against Troy is when they play my alma mater.
People ask me, are you Auburn or Bama, and I always tell them, I would pull for Troy over either of them. Go Mocs and Go Trojans..I really hope this game happens, there are alot guys from the Southern half of Alabama that played at Chatt. that will attend this game.

Tums
12-11-2007, 02:21 PM
also a Carbon Hill, Al native) .

Carbon Hill was all I needed to here. ;)
Gramps's home town.

Pcbtrojan
12-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Conference rules will not allow us to play at a 1AA venue. Even though it would be a good place to go.

TroyFirst
12-11-2007, 06:42 PM
UTC would be a good I-AA visitor and they would probably bring as many fans as any SunBelt visitor.

Hemi Man
12-11-2007, 07:21 PM
No offense, but I don't care anything about playing 1-AA schools.

LowerAlabamaMocFan
12-12-2007, 12:08 AM
There is no Div. 1AA anymore, it is a thing of the past. Only Div.1 now, next level is Div. 2. There is the Bowl Championship Series and the Footbal Championship Subdivision (formerly 1 AA), I guess Troy does not fall under either. Because you cant play for the BCS Championship or get in the playoffs for the FCS. I guess that you can only hope for a bid to the New Orleans Bowl and from what I have heard, the contract for the Sunbelt will not be renewed due to lack of interest from football fans.
I hope that does not happen, because Im not sure the Sunbelt will be able to secure another bowl game if this was to indeed happen. By the way, one of our NFL players is playing with DeMarcus Ware at Dallas, he is decent little player by the name of Terrell Owens, who happened to live two dorm rooms away from mine. He was part of the Alabama gang at Chatt.

Trojan2003
12-12-2007, 12:25 AM
There is no Div. 1AA anymore, it is a thing of the past. Only Div.1 now, next level is Div. 2. There is the Bowl Championship Series and the Footbal Championship Subdivision (formerly 1 AA), I guess Troy does not fall under either.

It's still the same system, they just changed the names. Division I = 1A (FBS) + 1AA (FCS)

PCBTrojan already mentioned that "Conference rules will not allow us to play at a 1AA [FCS] venue."

LowerAlabamaMocFan
12-12-2007, 07:33 AM
has rules against playing an non existent Div. 1AA, if they do indeed have those rules, the Sunbelt is in bad shape if they dont know the terminology of the classifications, I tend to think the Sunbelt probably knows this.

ksdtrojan
12-12-2007, 07:37 AM
has rules against playing an non existent Div. 1AA, if they do indeed have those rules, the Sunbelt is in bad shape if they dont know the terminology of the classifications, I tend to think the Sunbelt probably knows this.
Ok, try this on for size. The SunBelt Conference has a rule in place that no current football member school will play a non-conference game against a FCS team at that FCS team's facility. Is that better?

TSUWhiner
12-12-2007, 09:21 AM
first we lose to FAU, now we lose a stupid OC, and now we schedule a pathetic I-AA team? are you kidding? there are 118 teams out there, but we cant schedule somebody else????? give me a break...why dont we just play Slippery Rock at home and call it even

Whiner