PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Mill

troymarkus
12-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Heard tonight that since Borgis has been fired at Aubbie that Tony Franklin is the name that Tubbs wants....this would be absolutely DEVASTATING for us...whatever it takes, retain TF!!! He is the key to the success!

ksdtrojan
12-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Ok, Drew Champlin, get the scoop!

Trojan2003
12-11-2007, 12:10 AM
Borges out as Auburn's offensive coordinator; he won't coach in the Chick-fil-A Bowl

Posted by Charles Goldberg, Birmingham News December 10, 2007 10:29 PM
Categories: Football

Al Borges' tenure as Auburn's offensive coordinator is over.

Borges has resigned and will not coach Auburn in the Chick-fil-A Bowl against Clemson on New Year's Eve. Borges and head coach Tommy Tuberville agreed to the early departure in the last few days.

Tuberville will try to have a new offensive coordinator on board before Auburn begins bowl practice Friday.

Borges finished his Auburn career a game short of four seasons.

Borges arrived at Auburn before the 2004 season and helped the Tigers to a 13-0 record. But the Tigers' offense was less effective in his last three years. Auburn heads to its bowl game against Clemson ranked 101st in the nation in total offense. The Tigers scored two or fewer touchdowns in six of their eight SEC games.

Borges excelled in his first year at Auburn when he turned a senior backfield that included future first-round NFL picks in Jason Campbell, Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown. The Tigers finished 25th in the nation in total offense that year and Borges was hailed as the man who brought Auburn's talent together. But the Tigers slipped to 37th in total offense in 2005, 76th in total offense in 2006 and heads to the Chick-fil-A Bowl ranked at the 101 mark, ahead of only 18 other teams.

Trojan2003
12-11-2007, 12:21 AM
Auburn Fans:

Tony Franklin System
-> http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=1630362#s=6&f=1010&t=1630496

AU's New Offensive Coordinator
-> http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=1630362#s=6&f=1010&t=1630362

About our style of play with a new OC
-> http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=1630362#s=6&f=1010&t=1630491

nasupporter
12-11-2007, 12:33 AM
Everything I'm hearing up here in North Alabama says Franklin will be at Auburn on Wednsesday. MONEY talks I guess! Damn it! I was hoping Franklin would be alittle more loyal to Coah B.

ksdtrojan
12-11-2007, 12:47 AM
I sure hope he does not go but if he does I will wish him well.

I thought the losses were over.

ksdtrojan
12-11-2007, 12:51 AM
Everything I'm hearing up here in North Alabama says Franklin will be at Auburn on Wednsesday. MONEY talks I guess! Damn it! I was hoping Franklin would be alittle more loyal to Coah B.
Is that for an interview or what?

BMarkey
12-11-2007, 01:00 AM
I'm tired of hearing this "wish him well" stuff. Anyone who leaves Troy for another school that competes for recruits, state loyalty, etc. becomes the enemy to me.

I certainly hope Franklin stays.

I don't want to hear about anyone leaving without a massive effort to keep him.

ksdtrojan
12-11-2007, 01:09 AM
I'm tired of hearing this "wish him well" stuff. Anyone who leaves Troy for another school that competes for recruits, state loyalty, etc. becomes the enemy to me.

I certainly hope Franklin stays.

I don't want to hear about anyone leaving without a massive effort to keep him.
What else would you have us do BMarkey? Strap him to his chair in his office and demand that he stay. I will not wish ill will on anyone. I agree that there should be an all-out attempt to get him to stay but come on. This situation is just like when a top manager left the retail company where I worked as a district manager. I wished them well. Yes, I tried to pursuade them to stay with raises and other benefits but if in the end they decided to leave, so be it. I wished them well and began working to replace them with someone else.

nasupporter
12-11-2007, 01:12 AM
Is that for an interview or what?

I heard it would be announced on Wed. that Franklin would be the new Off. Co-ordinator.
I hope I heard wrong. I can't say it was a reliable source, just a big Auburn person who says he knows. ?? so...??

ksdtrojan
12-11-2007, 01:14 AM
I should have gone to bed two hours ago. I think I may not sleep tonight now! This is getting depressing.

BMarkey
12-11-2007, 01:23 AM
I did not say anything about ill will, but I would also not be grateful for a coach dumping us when his prospects suddenly got good.

In that business analogy, would you wish your ex-employee well if she/he were going across the street to your competitor?

Are there any non-compete clauses in coaching?

Come on, Tony. Stick with us and keep the Trojans on the rise.

nasupporter
12-11-2007, 01:25 AM
What else would you have us do BMarkey? Strap him to his chair in his office and demand that he stay. I will not wish ill will on anyone. I agree that there should be an all-out attempt to get him to stay but come on. This situation is just like when a top manager left the retail company where I worked as a district manager. I wished them well. Yes, I tried to pursuade them to stay with raises and other benefits but if in the end they decided to leave, so be it. I wished them well and began working to replace them with someone else.

I kind of agree with both of you. You can't blame a person for bettering themselves $$$ wise. However I was hoping he would build something really special at TROY Before he left. LB was very good to him and I would have hoped he would have taken that into consideration. "IF" he leaves and as soon as the announcement is made...He becomes an enemy to the TROJANS. TO HELL WITH HIM AND I HOPE THEY LOSE 'EM ALL. I'm sure some of the closet auburn fans are happy.,, But this will really test their loyalty,,,, Do you want to see your other team (aub.) do better at the expense of your TROY TROJANS ?

I'm glad I don't have to pull on those strings. I'm for TROY!
WE WILL SURVIVE ! We have a good thing going on here at TROY.
GO TROJANS ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

trojanbrutha
12-11-2007, 01:25 AM
So, what about recruits? Will they follow him? That's if he leaves...remember they started rumors about LB leavin'...and he did say he wanted more money for his assistants...

Trojan2003
12-11-2007, 01:26 AM
I should have gone to bed two hours ago. I think I may not sleep tonight now! This is getting depressing.

Yeah, this is really depressing.

Black December: No Bowl, Tyler Adetona decommits + we might lose Tony Franklin and Chris Todd.

trojanbrutha
12-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Yeah, this is really depressing.

Black December: No Bowl, Tyler Adetona decommits + we could lose Tony Franklin and Chris Todd.

tidefans.com:

The rumor had been kicking around for a while, so it was not a great surprise. The problem with posting rumors, or allowing them to stay up, is that 90% of them turn out not to be true. The individual above thought that posting a rumor which eventually turned out to be true vindicated him in posting it - and gave him the right to attack staff for deleting his earlier post. Of course, we don't allow calling out staff, because we don't want this board to become a zoo like most of the others. The new OC choice will be interesting. Once again, I've heard rumors that it will represent a major change in offensive direction...

That reminds me!...Trotter is headin' over to Auburn too!

TroyFirst
12-11-2007, 01:31 AM
Would the Auburn coach let Franklin be the top dog of the summer camp and continue to rake in all that high school consulting dough?

Troy needs to do some serious negotiating with Franklin. Losing him could amount to much more than a coaching loss. It could be a snowball.

tntrojan
12-11-2007, 01:37 AM
While I agree that losing tony would hurt, there has to be some options. If so many people are running this offense, surely someone else knows how to coach it.
The Auburn Rivals board is talking TF.
Can't see the posts (you have to subscribe) but there are several listed with his name.
This December just keeps getting better and better. Next thing you know, they'll cancel Christmas....

TrojanSigmaChi84
12-11-2007, 03:10 AM
This Is A Bad Dream. I Mean Damn. Someone Tell Me Its A Bad Dream.

trojanbrutha
12-11-2007, 03:21 AM
From Drew:

http://www.gulfeast.com/index.php/troy_blog/sleepless_monday_nights/

As you know, Auburn offensive coordinator Al Borges was let go Monday.

The hot rumor is Troy offensive coordinator Tony Franklin to Auburn. But right now that’s all we have - message board fodder, since it’s almost 1 a.m. and people who you call for stuff like this, well, aren’t awake (or have their phone off). So, to me, until I can get it verified, it’s still a hot rumor. We had a nice little ethics seminar at work Friday discussing things like this and how various media outlets had egg on their faces (see: TV stations in Arkansas about Tuberville, ESPN’s Kirk Herbstreit re: Les Miles to Michigan).

This news didn’t break until after 10 p.m., and after leaving the office after covering prep basketball, I went to the grocery store. Got home about 11:30 and found out about it.

I can guarantee I’ll try to find out what I can on it, as will Opelika-Auburn News AU beat writer Collin Mickle. The Eagle and the OA News are sister papers in Media General, so we all work together on stuff like this. In fact, our paper runs their Auburn stuff and the OA News runs our Alabama and Troy stuff.

Check out the OA News’ AuburnVersus.com, as it could have some stuff, as well.

In the meantime, I hope to get a few hours of sleep. Maybe I can find something out before you head off to work (then I can go back to sleep!) Desk duties tomorrow night. Gotta love it.

TrojanSigmaChi84
12-11-2007, 03:54 AM
Im not sleeping untill I know somthing......and oh yea.....ROOOOLLLLL TIDE if this **** is true.

socrgoly25
12-11-2007, 04:48 AM
Im not sleeping untill I know somthing......and oh yea.....ROOOOLLLLL TIDE if this **** is true.

What the hell does that mean?

Troy87
12-11-2007, 06:26 AM
What the hell does that mean?

It means he will be rooting for Alabama from now on against Auburn if they take our OC.

ksdtrojan
12-11-2007, 06:52 AM
I did finally go to sleep but it was not a restful night. This is crazy. I am hoping with all hope that it is not true.

TROJANFAN26
12-11-2007, 06:53 AM
This is not good news. Good thing is though at least we have a better chance nowadays of a new guy coming in that can get things done due to recent exposure and winning big games.

jt45
12-11-2007, 08:04 AM
The biggest negative of this deal would be that if Franklin leaves, we lost our entire offensive staff. With the exception of Wasden, they are all guys he brought in. Therefore, one would assume they would all go with him.

This could be very devastating.

joeTroy
12-11-2007, 08:05 AM
this a few weeks ago on an earlier post and every one said it could never happen...i was hoping they were right and i was wrong. it it Troys fault if we cant cough up the dough. TF please stay!

NWFLTrojan
12-11-2007, 08:11 AM
All I want for Christmas is for this to be only a rumor.

Sugardaddy
12-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Pros

1. Money
2. Can basically get the top recruits.
3. Would definately have gone to a bowl game with an 8-4 record
4. Playing in front of 92,000 fans every week

cons

1. Fan loyalty (The SEC Aub fans will turn on you in a heartbeat)
2. Employer loyalty (ask Larry Blakeney)
3. and so forth

FHBrian
12-11-2007, 08:44 AM
I heard this a week or two ago, that if Tubby stayed they would get a new OC and they wanted TF. I was hoping it was just rumor.

Navarre Trojan
12-11-2007, 08:51 AM
may have a future in College football afterall!!!

TU/JSU Fan
12-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Well.. if TF goes to Auburn the first name I would look at would definitely be Rush Propst for the OC job here...

We can't go back to the old "power running" game... We have to continue with this direction.

O2MAN
12-11-2007, 09:05 AM
If he is in, I am out!

ksdtrojan
12-11-2007, 09:07 AM
If he is in, I am out!
I won't say that I would be out but I would not be happy.

TUTrojan
12-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Now we know why we dropped the ball in preparation for the last game and why recruiting is not great- our coaches were already counting all the money they were going to make at their next gig?

TU/JSU Fan
12-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Morals aside.. we need the best OC available and I don't see many more out there that know this style offense as well as Rush..

Sure.. We could pull from another high school coach that has ran the system, but Rush is the best and I don't know why we wouldn't go after the best.

If TF leaves (which appears to be happening) then chances are our next OC will come from the high school ranks. LB would be stupid to change offensive systems at this point.

This is a definite dark day in Troy... I actually thought TF was here for the long haul. I didn't see an SEC team caving to what he would want as far as running 'his' camps and running 'his' consulting firm. I figured Troy would be where he would finish up. This is just an absolute disapointment.

ksdtrojan
12-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Now we know why we dropped the ball in preparation for the last game and why recruiting is not great- our coaches were already counting all the money they were going to make at their next gig?
I am not sure LB would allow that. I don't think that would be a positive way to approach a move. IMO, you would put your best foot forward and make it to a bowl and win that bowl. JMHO

FHBrian
12-11-2007, 09:17 AM
If he is in, I am out!

I don't know if my love for Troy can outweigh my hatred for that man. I am not sure I could continue to donate to the TW if I knew my money might be helping pay his salary.

Navarre Trojan
12-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Why would Tony Franklin leave the gig at Troy? I understand that the 'salary' might be substantially higher (sayf from $125K to $300K), BUT:

1. Will Tommy T. and/or Auburn allow Tony to RUN his system at Auburn?

2. Would the Auburn "powers that be" allow Tony to have HIS camp, with HIS name on it?

3. Does Tony have enough invested with HIS CAMP (I am talking about his employees in Colorado, the camps that are already scheduled for 2008, etc) that it would be 'self sustaining'?

Just don't know that going to Auburn (Running Back U) outweighs the freedom and flexibility, along with a possible Head Coaching job after LB, that he currently enjoys. It will also speak volumes to his sense of loyalty.

I know that Vic Koening left us, but I think that we were all prepared for that. His "history" is nothing compared to Tony's circumstances, and everyone knew that one day Vic wanted to get back into the Head Seat, but I am not so sure about Tony. Remember, Troy AND Larry Blakeney were the only ones to give him another chance. Not even his "Kentucky Brother - Mike Leach" took a chance on him, so....

Just some questions/thoughts to bring up...

Stay Tony, don't go, WE (THE TROJAN NATION) will raise the money some how. Maybe Mr. Ho have some ideas on how to get some more money flowing into the Athletic Dept. Come on Ho, how do we raise the dough?!!

troymarkus
12-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Things are going so fast and furious at this point I can't tell if I'm naucious becuase my head is spinning or because we're actually losing TF to Aubbie. Here is what I know. This is a crossroads for Troy. Don't think that LB isn't prepared for this. I promise he has a list of names to replace TF that run this very system...and it won't be a HS coach--especially Propst. Contrary to popular opinion, RP doesn't know this system as well as lots of other coaches.

LB has a choice to make...continue on this offensive path even though our recruiting connection wold be lost or go another direction. Obviously, our recruiting will suffer, but we'll still get great guys if we keep the system. Chris Todd will still be in Troy if we keep the system. Guys are attracted to this system and to the numbers it can put up.

I'm sick, but I'm anxiously awaiting our next move. At this point I have to trust LB.

NWFLTrojan
12-11-2007, 09:51 AM
very well said, I agree

TUTrojan
12-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Hopefully Franklin will leave a list of candidates. He has a tremendous network of great coaches that run the system. And the guys he has brought in have been ringers (his new OL coach).

The painful part will be when he uproots a lot of assistants from here as well and we have to replace from the ground up.

I still can't believe someone like Franklin could go to somewhere like Auburn that breeds a lot of the same stuff he got out of UK for.

jt45
12-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Hate to do this already, but lets start thinking of some possible candidates....

Valdosta State HC (former OC) David Dean
http://www.vstateblazers.com/staff-profile.php?staff_id=9

They run the same system and have been very successful.

Georgia Southern HC Chris Hatcher was also successful in the system

http://athletics.georgiasouthern.edu/sports/football/headcoach.php

jt45
12-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Hopefully Franklin will leave a list of candidates. He has a tremendous network of great coaches that run the system. And the guys he has brought in have been ringers (his new OL coach).

The painful part will be when he uproots a lot of assistants from here as well and we have to replace from the ground up.

I still can't believe someone like Franklin could go to somewhere like Auburn that breeds a lot of the same stuff he got out of UK for.
Why would he leave a list? He immediately becomes someone we are recruiting against. If he goes to AU I'm sure Tuberville wouldn't want him essentially helping us by suggesting a coach.

TUTrojan
12-11-2007, 10:07 AM
http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010#s=6&f=1010&t=1631510

I can't believe a class act like Frankin could be joining these arrogant snobs.

Discophobia
12-11-2007, 10:11 AM
NO, NO, NO I cant believe this is happening! I cant believe Tubbs would give TF the kinda freedom that he wants. But, for what we pay what else should we expect.

TUTrojan
12-11-2007, 10:13 AM
NO, NO, NO I cant believe this is happening! I cant believe Tubbs would give TF the kinda freedom that he wants. But, for what we pay what else should we expect.

Many of the Auburn people I know say that Borges was so ineffective because Tubs kept him restrained...

I really don't see this working at all.

Hopefully it is all just a bad rumor.

btrojan
12-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Are any of the asst. coaches ready to step up and take the job? What about Matt Moore who went to Texas Tech what was his background?

jt45
12-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Are any of the asst. coaches ready to step up and take the job? What about Matt Moore who went to Texas Tech what was his background?
Matt Moore makes more at TTU as the O-Line Coach than he would as our OC.

TUTrojan
12-11-2007, 10:20 AM
8-4 year and quickly becoming a nightmare season.

ksdtrojan
12-11-2007, 10:23 AM
I agree. These are my thoughts exactly.

TU Rob
12-11-2007, 10:48 AM
This year is getting worse every week. First the gut-punch loss to FAU that ended the season. Then the lack of any support by the Sun Belt and no bowl game. Now TF may be headed to Aubbie. Where does it end?

As for the rumor about Franklin jumping ship, can anyone really blame him? Look at the facts. You are the OC at a school who had an 8-4 record, but due to the crappy conference they are in you are sitting at home. You are the OC at a school who was 8-3 entering the final game against a conference foe in the de facto conference championship game, with nothing else major going on in the state that day football wise, and only 18,000 fans show up to watch it. You are the OC at a school where, despite the long history of football and multiple national championships, the HC is not the highest paid in the conference. And the HC that is paid the highest is at a school that did not have a football team 8 years ago. Can anyone say glass ceiling? TF comes in, busts his butt at getting the crap offense turned around and into a productive system, runs his camps, and where is his future? Hang in there for another 8-10 years until LB retires, and hope for the HC position, while getting paid far less than you are worth?

And for those that bring up salary, I think the example given was something like 125k to 300k, that is a huge increase. How many of you would leave your job now to work at a well-known place that will pay you 2.4 times what you are making now, have better facilities, and pretty much guarantees a bowl game every year. If the difference in salary was minimal, something like a 30-40% increase, I might say that he should stay at Troy just for the facts that he could continue to run his camps, and probably get a raise out of it. But an increase that is more than double what you make now is hard to turn down. I hate it as much as the rest of you, but if you had the opportunity you'd jump all over it too.

trojanbrutha
12-11-2007, 10:49 AM
From Drew:

All I’ve got for you right now is a “no comment” from Tony Franklin and a “coach Blakeney’s in a meeting” from Miss Judy, his secretary.

Posted in by Drew Champlin on 12/11 at 09:29 AM

dchi1890
12-11-2007, 10:54 AM
I cant believe this is happening....

TrojanEmpire
12-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Hate to do this already, but lets start thinking of some possible candidates....

OMG! The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Anybody stop to consider that Tubs may be looking at these same guys? If he goes, he goes. If he stays. he stays. It is up to him and Troy to work something out. I want him to stay but I cannot blame him if he goes.

ksdtrojan
12-11-2007, 11:04 AM
From Drew:

All I’ve got for you right now is a “no comment” from Tony Franklin and a “coach Blakeney’s in a meeting” from Miss Judy, his secretary.

That speaks volumes!

TUTrojan
12-11-2007, 11:06 AM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6#s=6&f=1010&t=1631589

troy4ever
12-11-2007, 11:08 AM
If this happens, then I must say, it has been hard to be a Trojan fan these last two weeks.

Troy loses to FAU

TF possibly to Auburn (I loathe Auburn)

Sunbelt in jeapordy of losing its bowl tie-in with the NO Bowl. (rumor of course)

If all this happens, it's gonna be a very long off-season for us.

trojanbrutha
12-11-2007, 11:09 AM
The more I mull over this whole thing, the more it disgusts me to no end. There have been other teams in the $EC that have been runnin' the ball better than Auburn the last couple of years. Then throw in the fact that Troy had their best season in their very short D1A history. Add to that the fact that more and more teams are seein' the benefits of the "spread" offense (which TF was tryin' to impliment in the $EC yrs ago). Now you have a contract extension in Aub for more money to now go after whomever will get this new offense off the ground...

I never was an Aubie fan and I know that I wish they never win another game...EVER!!!

nasupporter
12-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Don't you know the aubRAN closet fans from TROY are cheering on the inside. Ugh !!
It would be hard to calim to be a TROY fan and aubRAN fan at this juncture.
Hurt TROY in order to help aubRAN.

Maybe this will weed out the fence straddlers.
GO TROJANS !!!!!
Franklin will become the enemy. So much for loyalty,, its the $$$$$ from Lowder and company that counts. He can be replaced.

ksdtrojan
12-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Maybe this will weed out the fence straddlers.
GO TROJANS !!!!!

Yes it will! I can't believe this is happening.

FHBrian
12-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Listening to Sports talk here in Bham this morning and of course this is the biggest topic. Just listened to a rundown of all of Troys offensive stats this year. At least we are getting some radio publicity here in Bham.

trojanbrutha
12-11-2007, 11:52 AM
I think we'll lose another recruit...Todd is close to TF and he looks at him as his mentor...

Hemi Man
12-11-2007, 11:53 AM
From Drew:

Well, lets hope he is in a meeting either for more money for TF, or with a new OC. I really hope he doesn't go, but if he does what does this do for recruits?
Chris Todd?

I can't see his offense working in Auburn but I may be wrong. Do they even have 4 wide receivers?

trojanbrutha
12-11-2007, 11:55 AM
From Drew:

And as of 10:56 a.m., nothing official has been made on Troy offensive coordinator Tony Franklin replacing Al Borges at Auburn. This is on Blakeney’s end - admittedly I don’t have the contacts at Auburn like I do here, so here’s what he had to say that I can use.

“I think he interviewed Sunday. I don’t think it was during church or anything but later that afternoon. (The talk) is all out there. It’s a great opportunity for Tony but we’d love to keep him.”

Posted in by Drew Champlin on 12/11 at 10:50 AM

troy4ever
12-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Maybe we should go over to the Auburn message boards, bring up all that stuff from the past with Tony Franklin at Kentucky, and probation, and all that. Maybe their fans won't want him after we get done and we can keep him.

Of course, I'm purely joking about this, I would never try to hurt Tony's reputation. But it was an idea I had.

Man of Troy
12-11-2007, 12:16 PM
I didnt think it was possible...I thought I hated Auburn before but this just takes the cake. Regardless of what anyone says, Troy's fan base is growing, and a big part of that was TF. But don't worry Trojan Fans, they're are assistants still here at Troy that can run the system.
I do think it's funny that Auburn won't play us, but they don't mind scoping out our coaches....I hate Auburn so much right now it's not even funny.

Still, have faith Trojans...brighter days are ahead!

TUTrojan
12-11-2007, 12:20 PM
I didnt think it was possible...I thought I hated Auburn before but this just takes the cake. Regardless of what anyone says, Troy's fan base is growing, and a big part of that was TF. But don't worry Trojan Fans, they're are assistants still here at Troy that can run the system.
I do think it's funny that Auburn won't play us, but they don't mind scoping out our coaches....I hate Auburn so much right now it's not even funny.

Still, have faith Trojans...brighter days are ahead!

They were recently downplaying our efforts against UGA, now they are using the same results to prop up their new hire. Talk about having your cake and eating it, too.

SOTSButterfly
12-11-2007, 12:20 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6#s=6&f=1010&t=1631589

Good. We want him. We'll keep him.

Man of Troy
12-11-2007, 12:23 PM
I dont have scout.com, can someone tell me what it is saying in this link?

troy4ever
12-11-2007, 12:25 PM
I've been reading the AU forum on al.com. There is a pretty strong discussion going on over there right now about Tony Franklin and his system. They all seem to agree that his resume and results look great and they are excited about what they see. Their biggest concern seems to be is if Tony's system will work in the SEC and if they would want to make such a big change to their offense.

NWFLTrojan
12-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Tell them that his system wont work in the SEC and they don't want to change their offensive philosophy and to go hire someone else.

TrojanEmpire
12-11-2007, 12:41 PM
I've been reading the AU forum on al.com. There is a pretty strong discussion going on over there right now about Tony Franklin and his system. They all seem to agree that his resume and results look great and they are excited about what they see. Their biggest concern seems to be is if Tony's system will work in the SEC and if they would want to make such a big change to their offense.

If they need to know about the system working or not, they need to check the stats from when he was at UK with Mumme and Tim Couch. Look people, do I want him to stay? Of course!

Look at it this way. Would you rather stay at the same place and know you will be trying to recruit diamonds in the rough to run your offense or know you will get more than your share of blu chippers? He will be going to a team with enough talent next year to make a run at their conference, and if the cards fall right, a chance at a MNC. Not to mention at least doubling your salary. Yes, loyalty is nice but so is a chance like this. I do not blame him one bit if he goes. How many of you wouldn't jump at the chance to take the exact same job somewhere else for at least double the money. A lot of us on here would. If you say no, then I would imagine some (not all) of you are just not willing to take off the cardinal colored glasses. He will always be grateful to LB for the rest of his life, but does he owe it to him to stay at Troy? No.

Some of you are overreacting and acting like their aren't other coaches can't come in and run this exact same system. Call down. Look at it this way, the fact that other teams are looking to hire away our coaches means that we are doing something right in terms of schemes, etc. On the downside it is painfully obvious that they are not paid enough compared to everyone else. That is just the way it is.

troy4ever
12-11-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm not posting...only reading. Those people are too delusional to carry on a conversation with.

trojanbrutha
12-11-2007, 12:42 PM
They are startin' threads about more than just TF...Coach O...Shane Wasden...Troy fans...

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6#s=6&f=1010

NWFLTrojan
12-11-2007, 12:43 PM
I do understand.

troy4ever
12-11-2007, 12:46 PM
What are they saying Trojanbrutha? The scout link is not working for me and I'm curious to know what they are saying about our coaches and fans.

trojanbrutha
12-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Fans: Shouldn't be postin' on their boards
Coaches: Since TF may be comin' from Troy, would Wasden come too? Maybe he needs to coach a 1A school to get more coachin' experience...

Hemi Man
12-11-2007, 12:56 PM
They are startin' threads about more than just TF...Coach O...Shane Wasden...Troy fans...

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6#s=6&f=1010

They just posted a link here on the scout website. I noticed alot of visitors on here, I wonder if they are AU fans?

Man of Troy
12-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Does anyone honestly see Tubbs firing his assistants to make room for Tony's boys?

Trojan2003
12-11-2007, 01:14 PM

I like Hatcher.

Dana Holgorsen (Texas Tech, OC/Inside Receivers) He is TT's OC but Leach has full control of the offense.
Holgerson knows Chris Todd.

http://texastech.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/holgorsen_dana01.html

goe1975
12-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Hope I'm wrong, but from the way they are talking, it seems to me like it is a done deal: Tubs wants a new offensive coordinator on board by this Friday and our season is already over. Know of any other candidates?

42kdad
12-11-2007, 01:34 PM
I am like others and hate to see him go, but it does look good for Troy to have assistants to want to be hired by other major colleges. LB will bring in a good replacement for Franklin ( if he does leave) and this time next year no on will notice a difference. I imagine we will not lose the QB transfer either.

FHBrian
12-11-2007, 01:40 PM
I don't know about where we will be a year from now if we lose Franklin. Maybe the Fleetwood days aren't enough of a memory yet that I am scared at what we will get to replace TF. I think one or two more years with TF then him leaving we would be a lot more prepared to run the system without him and be able to hire a quality OC. Losing him after 2 years worries me for the fact that we might lose all of our progress we made in the 2 years.

TroyFirst
12-11-2007, 01:41 PM
It 's got to set us back every time we get a good assistant who then throws away his loyalty for the people who gave him the shot, for a few more bucks.

Come on Tony! Stick with the team that got you back into college football when no one else cared about you. We need you and the decision to stay will pay off in the future.

Room Guy
12-11-2007, 01:44 PM
There are quite a few programs running this system without Franklin. Remember, he markets his system, so even if he does leave (which I'm hoping he doesn't) we can still keep the same system as long as we hire someone who knows it well enough. Personally, I'd like to see this offense evolve into a spread-option offense (Florida, App. State, and West Virginia).

SOTSButterfly
12-11-2007, 02:20 PM
I dont have scout.com, can someone tell me what it is saying in this link?

Saying he's a bad person, and that he doesn't get along with other coaches. and whining that he "blew the whistle" on Kentucky, and that he's a cheater, and that he would demand a lot, etc...

O2MAN
12-11-2007, 02:56 PM
My fear is what about Chris Todd, what about Coach Schlarman (best O-line coach since Bolt), What about Shayne Wasden, Neal Brown.......how many people could we lose???

Nice Trojan
12-11-2007, 03:01 PM
My fear is what about Chris Todd, what about Coach Schlarman (best O-line coach since Bolt), What about Shayne Wasden, Neal Brown.......how many people could we lose???

Maybe one of these young assistants that TF has taught, knows this sytem well enough to run it as OC. Too many people know this system to worry about only that part of it. The thing that we worry about losing most is a big time recruiter.

TUTrojan
12-11-2007, 03:05 PM

According to Auburn fans on Scout.com, Wasden could use "more seasoning at a real division I school" before he could seriously be considered for an Auburn position.

This is coming from fans of a school that routinely undevelop five-star WR recruits into one-stars!

ksdtrojan
12-11-2007, 03:17 PM
According to Auburn fans on Scout.com, Wasden could use "more seasoning at a real division I school" before he could seriously be considered for an Auburn position.

This is coming from fans of a school that routinely undevelop five-star WR recruits into one-stars!
I saw that on there as well. I really want to tell all of the Auburn fans what they can do with their condescending remarks but I will not even jump into that over there. They make remarks about our lower class players and coaches but yet they are still coming after our OC. Most of them are speaking out of both sides of their mouths which is not uncommon for AU fans and UA fans alike. They are all the same.

ksdtrojan
12-11-2007, 03:22 PM
From Drew:
2 p.m. - Still nothing, Blakeney said again. He said he spoke with Franklin and he didn’t have any new information, either. I guess that means they’re still working things out. This we do know - Franklin has interviewed. (see above)

That is the latest on the Troy front.

TUTrojan
12-11-2007, 03:28 PM
I saw that on there as well. I really want to tell all of the Auburn fans what they can do with their condescending remarks but I will not even jump into that over there. They make remarks about our lower class players and coaches but yet they are still coming after our OC. Most of them are speaking out of both sides of their mouths which is not uncommon for AU fans and UA fans alike. They are all the same.

It totally makes me sick. I thought Franklin had our mentality. I hoped he was an original, a free-spirit, someone who did things his way and couldn't be bought.

Did he really sell his soul to the Devil/Lowder?

It pains me to think that a hero of mine could be coaching with that group. Not only do I despise their fanbase (I've never seen a more cocky, elitist group that have accomplished so little), but I believe the atmosphere there behind the scenes remains tumoultuous.

NOw with Muschamp being gone on the defensive side, and a new OC, things will be crazy over there. Look for a lot of coaches and players to be hitting the road.

TroyFirst
12-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Weren't there all kinds of rumors of a head coaching change there? What would happen to TF if Tubby left after a sub-par 2008?

How well did Auburn play Georgia, BTW?

troy4ever
12-11-2007, 03:48 PM
I can tell you this, they can say what they want to say about Wasden, but I know Wasden wants to be at Auburn. He use to be the head coach and assistant principal of my high school (Opp High School) when I was a principal there. He made it very clear that he wants to coach at Auburn, with aspirations to one day be a head coach there. If Wasden was given the opportunity to go to Auburn, I personally, having known the man, believe he would bolt for Auburn.

troyfan
12-11-2007, 03:50 PM
If we do lose Tony Franklin, we will need to step up and hire a good Defensive coordinator as well as an offensive coordinator. The offense was able to save the defense a lot this year, and I am scared that we will be going back to the old Troy (State) days and run between the tackles.

socrgoly25
12-11-2007, 03:57 PM
If we do lose Tony Franklin, we will need to step up and hire a good Defensive coordinator as well as an offensive coordinator. The offense was able to save the defense a lot this year, and I am scared that we will be going back to the old Troy (State) days and run between the tackles.

There were times when the defense saved the offense as well. Especially against WKU.

Trojan2003
12-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Messenger Blog

Conflicting reports

posted by Bobby Matthews

"The Huntsville Times is reporting that Tony Franklin to Auburn is a done deal. Read it here.

On Phil Paramore's Dothan radio show Wednesday, however, Troy coach Larry Blakeney insisted otherwise.

My gut feeling? He's gone. Too much smoke for there to be no fire.

Still haven't gotten anything from Franklin himself other than "No comment." That's telling, in and of itself."

-> http://www.troysports.blogspot.com/