PDA

View Full Version : SATURDAY IS FINALLY HERE!

troy4ever
12-04-2004, 07:58 AM
It's finally Saturday. Now maybe today we can put an end to this madness and find out just exactly is going on!

Nice Trojan
12-04-2004, 08:51 AM
Finally Saturday. We should have a more clear mental picture after today, but what really sucks is we probably won't know for sure until the final BCS ratings come out tomorrow. Like someone posted yesterday, I would rather find out on this board then some Bowl announcement show tomorrow. So if anyone can paint a pretty clear picture after todays games, post it, I would rather hear it from one of us than the announcement show tomorrow.

Trojanman
12-04-2004, 09:00 AM
Amen! I am trying my best to be optimistic and pulling hard for Indy or Champs. If the situation were a little different I would have enjoyed a get together like we had for the NCAA basketball selection program two years ago. That was a lot of fun and the fans turned out for it. That was for basketball, just think of the turn out for a Trojan football bowl selection.

whereiskelvin
12-04-2004, 09:11 AM
CBS Sportsline
Most needed upset: Cal 70, Southern Miss 0. That's the Bears' only hope, it seems, in overtaking Texas in the BCS.
Watch for the Eagles to take a knee on the second possession hoping to keep the score down.

Montgomery Advertiser
Cal can't win by enough points to maintain their BCS status.

Everyone smile, it is going to be great day. Orlando here we come!!

:D :D :D :D

Troy87
12-04-2004, 09:46 AM
kelvin,

Why do you want Cal to beat USM? Cal already is ahead of Texas in BCS. If Cal beats USM real bad they have a chance of maintaining their BCS status keeping the Big 12 team in the Champs Bowl in Orlando, and almost assured Troy will go to a bowl out west. If Texas moves into BCS bowl instead of Cal, we have higher liklihood of going to Orlando.

MiamiRedHawk
12-04-2004, 10:28 AM
I found these on the Syracuse Board.

From the Democrat and Chronicle (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041204/SPORTS/412040338/1007/SPORTS)

The Orange will play either Georgia Tech (6-5) in the Champs Sports Bowl on Dec. 21 in Orlando, Fla., or Wyoming (6-5) in the Pioneer PureVision Las Vegas Bowl on Dec. 23.

The final determination will come on Sunday after the final BCS pairings are announced.

Invitation were extended from both bowls Friday, making it the ninth bowl appearance for the Orange under coach Paul Pasqualoni.

From The Post-Standard (http://www.syracuse.com/sports/poststandard/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/110215804755160.xml)
Syracuse University announced Friday that it has hammered out a deal that officially secures its football team a bowl game for the first time in three years.

Athletic director Jake Crouthamel accepted "with great delight" on Friday the contingent offers to play in the Pioneer Pure Vision Las Vegas Bowl against Wyoming on Dec. 23 or the Champs Sports Bowl against Georgia Tech in Orlando on Dec. 21. He added that "we certainly expect" head coach Paul Pasqualoni and his staff to coach the Orange in either game.

Crouthamel said despite what happens between Oklahoma and Colorado in the Big 12 championship game, the lone at-large spot in the BCS will go to either the Pac-10 or the Big 12. If the Pac-10 gets the extra spot, then Syracuse goes to Las Vegas. If it's the Big 12, then Syracuse goes to Orlando.

Troy93
12-04-2004, 10:47 AM
Interesting MiamiRedHawk. I find it interesting of all the press clippings people have posted this week. Hardly any of them have been true. I do not mean that as a knock against ya RedHawk. It is just so frustrating with all the scenarios.

I still think we could have a shot at Orlando after LB'S interview. They have to keep in mind that we might actually draw more then either Syracuse (way to North to send alot outside of a BCS birth) or Ga Tech ( all their alumni work in China). I do not know the exact number, but we have a boat load of alums living down there. Heck, I can remember when I was in school, it seemed like half the student population was from Florida.

I know it has no bearing on us today, but GO Navy.

TSU-Baggs
12-04-2004, 02:18 PM
Troy93, you're right, there are a ton of TU alumns in the central and south Florida area.

Fingers still crossed Orlando Bowl possibility! 8)

TropolitanSportsEditor
12-04-2004, 03:44 PM
Even so, now we won't find out until sunday. I do believe that if Syracuse and others have announced there invites by now, we would have to. I think that everyone at this university is at the mercy of the seventh day at 5 p.m.