PDA

View Full Version : WTF: 200 Tickets Sold - Death Blow To SunBelt

Mr. Ho
12-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Despite *******s insane comments about how great BRCC is, they sell 200 tickets to the NO Bowl. On pace to top 500 by kick-off. UT-Memphis is at around 2,500 - yikes they need to move this game to high school stadium.

Mr. Ho call source close ("close") to SunBelt office. He hear that SunBelt AND CDOA not looking good for next year. Sugar Bowl Foundation take over and move game post Christmas. ACC is lock for one team, but it look like BRCC death blow for any hope for SunBelt to keep relation with game - maybe Big Ten other team. Source say it look like Mobile Bowl looking to team us up with CDOA. Second Bowl game not in near future. Source also say Bowl Committee really depress TMTDM not at game. They expected well over 10,000 from us.

And for those CDOA lovers out there, they in pickle too as it look like they stinking at Pizza Bowl, struggling to sell ticket to Houston Bowl and it there back yard and don't even ask about there marquee game in Memphis - maybe 4,000 ticket by UF-Orlando.

What a bummer.

TUrocks
12-10-2007, 10:40 PM
200 TICKETS????

Is that really true??? Are they buying more from outside sources???

I've defended the Sunbelt, but it's looking more and more like this conference is starting to spiral downward.

Mr. Ho
12-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Sad but true link:http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/fau/sfl-flpfaubowl1205sbdec05,0,1083356.story

Interesting read on lousy sales for Hawaii Bowl (CDOA sending UNC-Greenville).
http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/story/230523.html

If Boise has only sold 200 how many from UNCG sending? 12?

And finally, I did a Google search to find out Ohio sent 261 people to Mobile last year - about the same amount of people from Mobile to watch TMTDM when play in Mobile.

ksdtrojan
12-10-2007, 11:17 PM
The article stated tha tabout 200 tickets have been sold which leads me to think it is actually less than 200. With the game less than two weeks away and only that few tickets sold, they may be looking at less than 500 for the game. How sad!

nasupporter
12-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Despite *******s insane comments about how great BRCC is, they sell 200 tickets to the NO Bowl. On pace to top 500 by kick-off. UT-Memphis is at around 2,500 - yikes they need to move this game to high school stadium.

Mr. Ho call source close ("close") to SunBelt office. He hear that SunBelt AND CDOA not looking good for next year. Sugar Bowl Foundation take over and move game post Christmas. ACC is lock for one team, but it look like BRCC death blow for any hope for SunBelt to keep relation with game - maybe Big Ten other team. Source say it look like Mobile Bowl looking to team us up with CDOA. Second Bowl game not in near future. Source also say Bowl Committee really depress TMTDM not at game. They expected well over 10,000 from us.

And for those CDOA lovers out there, they in pickle too as it look like they stinking at Pizza Bowl, struggling to sell ticket to Houston Bowl and it there back yard and don't even ask about there marquee game in Memphis - maybe 4,000 ticket by UF-Orlando.

What a bummer.

Say it ain't so,,, Shoeless Ho. 200 tickets! How pathetic.

There's NO DOUBT in my mind we would have had 10.000 or better at NO.
I'm sure most all the fans who were there last year would have gone back after the great blast we had,,,,and think of all those who heard about the great time who didn't go last year but would have gone this year.
Hearing this news makes me want to throw up. And then reading about those teams with 6-6 records and not even having a winning record against 1A teams going to a bowl.
GAG,,,,, GAG,,,,

Trojan2003
12-10-2007, 11:30 PM

Liberty is a sellout
UCF still has some tickets, but officials hope the rest of its 10,000 go quickly.

Bowl officials in Memphis, Tenn., announced a sellout on the game's Web site Saturday afternoon. The announcement came after Mississippi State distributed its allotment of 30,000 tickets and UCF claimed its extra allotment of 2,000 seats to bring its total count to 10,000.

UCF spokesman Joe Hornstein said as of noon Saturday that the school ticket office had sold about 7,200 of the allotted seats and expects the remaining tickets to go quickly. After UCF sells the rest of its tickets, Knights fans will have to pay a premium and rely on ticket brokers such as StubHub to buy tickets -- or take their chances with other third parties. A letter from Knights Coach George O'Leary will go out to fans Monday to help stoke that urgency.

"We are on the hook for 10,000, and we need to sell 10,000," Hornstein said.

UCF's remaining tickets are available at the UCF ticket office or through a link at ucfathletics.com.

-> http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-ucftix0907dec09,0,2598381.story

BMarkey
12-11-2007, 01:10 AM
FAU is sending several bus loads of students. That would amount to 200 or so right there. The turnout will not be as bad as Ho claims.

Memphis is struggling. I heard at least one charter flight was canceled.

Where is the local support for the New Orleans Bowl? It was missing last year.

The bowl date is just bad - too close to Christmas. Get it closer to New Year's Eve and the game will be packed. Fans will make vacations out of it rather than one- and two-day trips - in and out before Christmas.

So, even if the New Orleans Bowl is re-configured, the SunBelt will be stuck with one bowl at the most?

When does the SunBelt's contract with the NOB end?

Maybe the conference should decide which teams goes to the bowl in case of a tie. Then it would not be in this predicament.

After all, it's all about the money, right?

Hemi Man
12-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Why would there be any local support forthe NO Bowl? You can't stack it on top of the Sugar Bowl. Four teams and their fans in New Orleans at once, what a mess. On second thought with only 2000 going to the NO Bowl I guess you could do that. Those fans wouldn't even fill up the Motel 6.

TU Rob
12-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Yeah, despite all the great stories I heard and the great game Troy played last year, I still would not be able to go to it this year if the Trojans were playing. I had already planned to take vacation the week of Christmas to be able to see all the different sides of the family, and I have to work a normal day on the 21st. People are too busy before Christmas and around Christmas to make it to a friday night game in New orleans. Now you play the game on Saturday evening and a lot more fans can travel to it, especially knowing it is the last game of the year. There were some road games this year I had planned on attending, but extenuating circumstances and financial reasons did not allow me to go. I would have been able to make it to NO if it were on Saturday, but not on a Friday.

Trojan1998
12-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Mr. Ho's post just further supports my earlier thread about why the New Orleans Bowl committee should have been allowed to pick Troy as the co-champ to represent the Sun Belt in this bowl game. We would have brought at least 10,000-12,000 fans.

Lowbrass
12-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Just goes to show that no other team in ths sunbelt has as much support as Troy. We brought a big crowd last year and would have brought a bigger one this year. The nation has seen Troy on national tv twice this year and they know we put on a great show every game. Like previously said, if the NO bowl people had there choice, they would have taken Troy over FAU, because Troy is a better draw, not only because of our tv exposure but our closeness to NO. From now on if there is a tie, i think the bowl should pick who they want.

FHBrian
12-11-2007, 12:01 PM
No matter what day a bowl game is during the holiday season there will always be some that have family and holiday obligations. I think the date and location are great for this bowl game. Excuse to take off a couple day from work and get a little vacation before you have to deal with Christmas family get togethers and all that. Since last year, I had it on my calendar and both mine and my wifes family knew they had to schedule around it or we wouldn't be there. I guess maybe that is wrong but that is where my priorities are right now.

TroyFirst
12-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Many big cities have multiple bowls. The local fans should show some support.

I don't think we saw any locals in San Jose or New Orleans.

If you think pre-Christmas is just as convenient as post-Christmas, you must not have kids or celebrate the holiday.