PDA

View Full Version : Play off system

VT Trojan
12-10-2007, 03:30 PM
Here is a guy who came up with a play off system, and Troy is in it. Its a website that a VT grad made and is geared torwards VT but Troy is mentioned. Ok, was mentioned. I just emailed the guy to let him know that it should be FAU. He is going to fix it tomorrow (tuesday).

http://www.cruhland.com/

Scroll down the page some to get to his idea for playoffs.

ksdtrojan
12-10-2007, 03:53 PM
That is pretty cool except we did not win the head to head conference tie breaker so FAU would go instead of us. His example is how I see it because it gives every conference champion a viable chance to get to the championship game.

ThePowerMan
12-10-2007, 05:25 PM
I really believe that the BCS is going to require Conference Championship game in the near future. I also believe that the Big East will have drastic changes when this comes. I believe we will see the Mid-major conferences tweeked some (Because of the fall out in the Big East). I just hope that Troy will make some part of the big stage in this.

The Big BCS schools are fussing because of the lack of Championship games in a few of the leagues. I really think they will get what they want, too. It will eventually be 5 or 6 major BCS Champions get votes to the Big dance with 2 or 3 at large teams.

cheapguy2006
12-10-2007, 05:43 PM
I dont think playing at all the bowl games like that would work to well. Asking fans to travel (and pay) for 3 bowl games. They should do it just like the DI-AA, playeverything at the school sites and the championship at the rotating BCS spot. but the 16 team systems how it needs to be. The only thing I notice is that ND won 3 games this year, how did they get left ouf of the bracket???

Perhaps play the semi finals at the BCS sites, would work.