PDA

View Full Version : Best Idea I've Seen

tsu59
12-03-2007, 10:56 AM
The best way to solve this (our) problem is to have more bowl tie-ins - someone suggested a bowl at FAU's new stadium when completed - I think that is a great idea - good market area - plenty of attractions - great weather (for a northern team) in December.

And maybe a new approach for sponsorship - like more than one sponsor - sell advertising for a tax write-off donation to a conference school.

Better get moving on this - or any like idea - before FAU bolts the Belt for a BCS conference - and I heard at one time that was in their plans.

Meanwhile - congrats to FAU - Hope you put a WHUPING on Memphis worth remembering.

AND congrats to the TROJANS for a good- almost great - year. I'vs said before that if TROY ever beat Nebraska I would get a Tatoo - glad we didn't play them this year - I really don't want a Tatoo - but I may get one if we beat the 2007 national champ next year : )

BMarkey
12-03-2007, 11:21 AM
We need another bowl tie-in NOW. FAU's stadium will not be ready until 2009 at the earliest (most likely 2010).

It would be a good idea to create another bowl in South Florida (but not in Miami). It could be very successful and there are major national corporations (ADT, Wackenhut, IBM, Trump, Burger King, Motorola, Office Depot, Pratt & Whitney, etc.) in the area that might buy in.

tsu59
12-03-2007, 11:28 AM
I agree - maybe Waters can get another tie-in before next season - my next choice for a third tie-in would be ULL - great place if you like good food.

cheapguy2006
12-03-2007, 02:37 PM
No offense to the folks in Lafayette, but that is NOT my idea of a good time. The food is great but...come on.

tsu59
12-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Well where ? - we need of more bowl tie-ins - New Orleans is great for us - but we need to win the Belt !

OwlFamily
12-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Rumor's (not sure where they started) have talked about using FAU's stadium as a possible Bowl game once it's ready. Personally I think thats a lil crazy.

I cant really believe that but it does have one thing going for it. South Florida is a nice destination to travel too.

Nice Trojan
12-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Jacksonville, Tampa, NICEVILLE, Dallas, Baton Rouge, Memphis, Nashville, Louisville, Mobile, just to name a few places that could host a bowl or another bowl.

Trojan by Birth
12-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Jacksonville, Tampa, NICEVILLE, Dallas, Baton Rouge, Memphis, Nashville, Louisville, Mobile, just to name a few places that could host a bowl or another bowl.

The only way we could fill up NICEVILLE stadium is if everyone brought a blow up doll to sit next to them!

MTPiKapp
12-03-2007, 04:41 PM
New Orleans has 2 bowls, granted one is a BCS bowl and the other is on the opposite end of the spectrum, but I don't see any reason Atlanta or Nashville couldn't have a 2nd bowl, and I agree about Lafayette. If MT played in a bowl game in Lafayette, I'd just stay in New Orleans.

Nice Trojan
12-03-2007, 07:53 PM
New Orleans has the luxury of 3 games this year. The NO Bowl, The Sugar Bowl and the NC game. Now that is some MUCH NEEDED income coming into that city. I don't think FAU will bring 10K fans, but they will give it their best and might bring 5K. Depending on what kind of packages they put together.

arkstfan
12-04-2007, 01:11 AM
New Orleans has 2 bowls, granted one is a BCS bowl and the other is on the opposite end of the spectrum, but I don't see any reason Atlanta or Nashville couldn't have a 2nd bowl, and I agree about Lafayette. If MT played in a bowl game in Lafayette, I'd just stay in New Orleans.

The Holiday Bowl operates two games, so does the Fiesta and Citrus sports.