PDA

View Full Version : Old truck stop on I95

Hemi Man
11-27-2007, 04:43 PM
Can anyone confirm that FAU is just an old truck stop converted into a school?

Discophobia
11-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Well it is a trade school correct? We will beat them like we beat Devry in basketball a few years ago.

BMarkey
11-27-2007, 07:41 PM
You guys are funny. The land it sits on what was once a military base.

You might be surprised to learn how high some of its schools and colleges rank (business, engineering, oceanography, nursing, education, to name a few), and to know it is now building a medical school and hospital on campus.

ThePowerMan
11-27-2007, 07:47 PM
You guys are funny. The land it sits on was once a military base.

You might be surprised to learn how high some of its schools and colleges rank (business, engineering, oceanography, nursing, education, to name a few), and to know it is now building a medical school and hospital on campus.

when you have as many students (or potential students) that are in south Florida nothing surprises me. These schools are growing. I have said all along that FAU was the next up and coming "Big Time U". Five years from now FAU will not be in the Sunbelt.

Rette
11-28-2007, 12:07 PM
You guys are funny. The land it sits on was once a military base.

Guys my wife and I have visited this campus on Glades Rd. the last two years. Now, I'm not trying to discount Troy in anyway, but don't kid yourselves this is an impressive campus and being in South Florida they have a huge potential fan and student base. Their football program is improving every year and I suspect they will be a team to be dealt with every year. FAU and FIU have tremendous potential to help make the Sunbelt a better conference. I think we will win Saturday but I suspect we are in for a scrap.