PDA

View Full Version : What I saw...

JCTroy75
11-21-2007, 10:44 PM
was a great game. MTSU is a good football team but we're a bunch better and PLAYED LIKE IT! We simply played our game and thats what we need to do. If we do, we win.

Some observations about MTSU:

1. The MTSU band was a great addition to the game and they showed a lot of class applauding the troops as they marched in. I wish they would have brought their whole band. We wouldn't have thought about it, the whole band would have been there. They were very spirited but treated it like a basketball game. Reminded me of the Alabama State band playing all of the time. Kinda lost it's effect.

2. The MTSU quaterback is a shifty runner and great short passer (the kind that always gives us trouble).

3. The MTSU defense had a great blitz package. They did a better job against us than anybody. I'm sure FAU will copy it.

4. A nice MTSU crowd. This should only build.

Some observations about TROY:

1. The players were focused and took this game very seriously.

2. Omar is the heart and soul of this team. I saw him doing a bit of on-field "coaching" especially on the two holding penalties that wiped out good plays. A couple of recievers also got a butt chewing for dropping passes. Did you see him run to the band after his TV interview? What a class guy.

3. The defense is really coming around.

4. We had 37 first downs. They had 12.

5. The "townies" picked it up for all of the "out of townies" who couldn't make the game.

6. I now really hate people who come to a TROY game wearing other team's gear. A whole family (6) sitting in front of me had on complete sets of Awbarn gear including hats, pants, shirts, jackets, and stadium chairs. I appreciate them coming to the TROY game but get a clue. If I ever attend an Awburn game (ain't gonna happen), I will wear Auburn gear or nobodys.

Now I am starting my favorite pastime, worrying about the next game. From what I read from our coach and players, they are aware that they really haven't won anything yet.

Coach Blakeney: "We play for the Championship a week from Saturday".

Marcus Richardson: " At the end of the day only one team goes to our bowl and that is the conference chapmion".

No awning championship for us. We have yet to win it.

BMarkey
11-22-2007, 04:39 AM
I saw much less other team gear than normal - a good sign.

The 20-something guy who proudly walked in front of the upper press box side deck seats (below Stadium Club seats) with his Auburn hat and shirt was given a nice ration of grief ("You at the wrong game?"). And he sheepishly scuffled away.

I also saw Alabama State, Northwestern and other gear at the game.

tenaciousT
11-22-2007, 12:04 PM
yeah... i did not see to many au or ua stuff being worn this week; it was quite nice.

i did see a guy wearing a ND jacket... now thats devotion!

socrgoly25
11-22-2007, 12:56 PM
yeah... i did not see to many au or ua stuff being worn this week; it was quite nice.

i did see a guy wearing a ND jacket... now thats devotion!

Yeah, there wasn't that much AU/UA stuff, but boy did the Auburn folks stand out in their Orange and Blue.

In the section next to ours, in a sea of cardinal, there was an orange Auburn jacket.

Oh, and there was a big banner held up in 111 (I think) for ESPN, and an older couple decked out in Bama stuff sitting next to these people felt they had to stand up and flaunt their Bama apparel, especially their Bama seat cushions. Nice..........

tenaciousT
11-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Yeah, there wasn't that much AU/UA stuff, but boy did the Auburn folks stand out in their Orange and Blue.

In the section next to ours, in a sea of cardinal, there was an orange Auburn jacket.

i saw few orange shirts and jackets too... but on closer inspection, they turned out to be Charles Henderson apparell. it made me feel a lot better.

Hemi Man
11-22-2007, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE=socrgoly25;71

Oh, and there was a big banner held up in 111 (I think) for ESPN, and an older couple decked out in Bama stuff sitting next to these people felt they had to stand up and flaunt their Bama apparel, especially their Bama seat cushions. Nice..........[/QUOTE]

I saw that when watching the replay. Didn't see a whole lot at the game. I will be going to Beef O' Brady's saturday to watch AU/UA. I will be decked out in my Troy gear with my wife and girls, hoping someones asks what I'm doing there if I'm a Troy fan. My answer will be to see who is the 2nd best team in the state.

LauriJ4TU
11-22-2007, 11:47 PM
I saw that when watching the replay. Didn't see a whole lot at the game. I will be going to Beef O' Brady's saturday to watch AU/UA. I will be decked out in my Troy gear with my wife and girls, hoping someones asks what I'm doing there if I'm a Troy fan. My answer will be to see who is the 2nd best team in the state.
That is priceless, Hemi Man! Would be worth the trip to Beef O'Brady's just to hear that!

SOTSAlumBigGuns
11-24-2007, 11:16 AM
I've been borrowing that line...I used it all week towards my co-workers and other UA/AU fans I know. :)