PDA

View Full Version : Auburn

trojanfan1988
11-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Re: Why doesn't Auburn ever play Troy?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plus the bammerham news here would probably label it the "Down Home Cuz" Bowl or something clever like that.

rate it Reply | Quote
Tigerfan55Member
Rating: 3.4/5 this site
8711 posts this site
Ignore this User
View MySpace Profile
Send Email
Nominate | Report Posted: 11/20/2007 8:37 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

95mis wrote: Probably because we don't want to lose!

Actually, I'd say it's because we have NOTHING to gain and they have EVERYTHING to gain...It would be one horrible game to lose...
This is the reason.

We have nothing to gain by playing them, but EVERYTHING to lose if they beat us.

rate it Reply | Quote
AUcheersMember
2286 posts this site
Ignore this User
Nominate | Report Posted: 11/20/2007 9:01 PM

because they play on wiregrass ?

rate it Reply | Quote
cruetigerMember
Rating: 2.4/5 this site
2306 posts this site
Ignore this User
Send Email
Nominate | Report Posted: 11/20/2007 9:08 PM

Neither Auburn nor bammer want anything to do with Troy right now. I promise you that. They actually have a real offense as opposed to the stone age offense you see us putting on the field every week. So frustrating.
rate it Reply | Quote
gr82b4auMember
8811 posts this site
Ignore this User
Nominate | Report Posted: 11/20/2007 9:10 PM

cruetiger wrote: Neither Auburn nor bammer want anything to do with Troy right now. I promise you that. They actually have a real offense as opposed to the stone age offense you see us putting on the field every week. So frustrating.

The competition is a tad bit better in the SEC. Just a little.
rate it Reply | Quote
PuntusMember
Rating: 2.9/5 this site
11703 posts this site
Ignore this User
Nominate | Report Posted: 11/20/2007 9:11 PM

This question comes up several times a year. I don't know why people can't understand that we have absolutely nothing at all to gain from playing them and everything to lose. The same would go for Alabama playing them. I don't remember us playing UAB, but if we did, I don't know why we would have done that. That would be another team where there was nothing to gain and everything to lose.
rate it Reply | Quote
cruetigerMember
Rating: 2.4/5 this site
2306 posts this site
Ignore this User
Send Email
Nominate | Report Posted: 11/20/2007 9:12 PM

gr82b4au wrote:

cruetiger wrote: Neither Auburn nor bammer want anything to do with Troy right now. I promise you that. They actually have a real offense as opposed to the stone age offense you see us putting on the field every week. So frustrating.

The competition is a tad bit better in the SEC. Just a little.
No argument there. Which is why it would be nice to have an offense with a little imagination and creativity. All I'm saying.
rate it Reply | Quote
gr82b4auMember
8811 posts this site
Ignore this User
Nominate | Report Posted: 11/20/2007 9:13 PM

Puntus wrote: This question comes up several times a year. I don't know why people can't understand that we have absolutely nothing at all to gain from playing them and everything to lose. The same would go for Alabama playing them. I don't remember us playing UAB, but if we did, I don't know why we would have done that. That would be another team where there was nothing to gain and everything to lose.

We played UAB the first year, first GAME they became a Div 1a team and beat them 50 something to nothing (I think). I was at the game. I agree about Troy. Do not want to take that chance.

By the way, I think they play Ohio State and LSU next year.
rate it Reply | Quote
DesScorpThe Infamous One
Rating: 3.1/5 this site
10498 posts this site
Ignore this User
Send Email
Nominate | Report Posted: 11/20/2007 9:16 PM

"The competition is a tad bit better in the SEC. Just a little."

On any given week, Troy is a better team than the lower 3rd of the SEC. Omar Haughgabook could play QB for any team in the SEC.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill
rate it Reply | Quote
AUVet1986Member
Rating: 2.9/5 this site
448 posts this site
Ignore this User
Nominate | Report Posted: 11/20/2007 9:19 PM

They might beat the hell out of us!
rate it Reply | Quote
gr82b4auMember
8811 posts this site
Ignore this User
Nominate | Report Posted: 11/20/2007 9:25 PM

DesScorp wrote:
"The competition is a tad bit better in the SEC. Just a little."

On any given week, Troy is a better team than the lower 3rd of the SEC. Omar Haughgabook could play QB for any team in the SEC.

Troy did play well against UGA...better than we did, I'll have to admit. But they were hammered at Florida - a place where we won this year.

I agree they are beter than quite a few teams in the SEC, but if they were to go against SEC teams week after week, they would break.

After watching college football, the more I have come to realize how important the QB is...
rate it Reply | Quote
loungesingerMember
731 posts this site
Ignore this User
Nominate | Report Posted: 11/20/2007 9:29 PM

No offense, but I was at the UAB game, too. Final was about 22-0 (I think we blocked their first punt and scored a few plays later). I actually had a hard time finding one final ticket for that game and missed the first few minutes. And Troy played Georgia as good or better than we did this year.

rate it Reply | Quote
95misMember
4557 posts this site
Ignore this User
Nominate | Report Posted: 11/20/2007 9:31 PM

auburn 29
uab 0
rate it Reply | Quote
gym1tigerMember
1269 posts this site
Ignore this User
Nominate | Report Posted: 11/20/2007 9:32 PM

Because we and spuat are scared. There is nothing to gain and a lot to lose... as opposed to Tenn Tech and La Monroe, where there is so much to gain and so little to lose. I mean, no one would say anything if we were to lose to Tenn Tech or OLa Monroe.

Besides, if we were to lose to Troy, I guess the thinking is we might as well shut the program down because Troy would start taking all of our recruits from us.

Luckily though, LSU, Florida schools, UT, Ohio State, and many others do not take that stance.

rate it Reply | Quote
TigerWarMOM, THE MEATLOAF!
2416 posts this site
Ignore this User
View MySpace Profile
Nominate | Report Posted: 11/20/2007 9:36 PM

RAK26 wrote:
Why doesn't Auburn ever play Troy?

Because we've already hired Georgia to hand our @sses to us.

rate it Reply | Quote
gr82b4auMember
8811 posts this site
Ignore this User
Nominate | Report Posted: 11/20/2007 9:39 PM

loungesinger wrote:
No offense, but I was at the UAB game, too. Final was about 22-0 (I think we blocked their first punt and scored a few plays later). I actually had a hard time finding one final ticket for that game and missed the first few minutes. And Troy played Georgia as good or better than we did this year.

so I was a few points off...

Old age is getting to me. I remember the 0 part and it was a boring game.
rate it Reply | Quote

Page 12 of 2 Next > < Prev. Topic | Next Topic >Auburn > Forums > AUTigers.com/Football Forum > Why doesn't Auburn ever play Troy?Back to Top

faithintsu
11-21-2007, 03:13 PM
No reason to post a thread from another forum - just link there.