PDA

View Full Version : 5th Game

playfailstoogain
10-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Look will someone just go ahead and tell us who the 5th home game is next year, this question (and general boredum) are making my afternoon even more non-productive.

TUTrojan
10-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Look will someone just go ahead and tell us who the 5th home game is next year, this question (and general boredum) are making my afternoon even more non-productive.

IF you are in Point Clear, please stop being bored and GO FISHING. It's an awesome day for it (if the winds aren't too bad there)...

playfailstoogain
10-02-2007, 02:44 PM
IF you are in Point Clear, please stop being bored and GO FISHING. It's an awesome day for it (if the winds aren't too bad there)...

It is a great day for fishing - BUT - i cant get out of the office this afternoon, and FYI, the specks are still tearing it up...

on another note - The Foley v. Daphne game is going to be on ESPN 2 this thursday night - although Julio Jones and the Hunt kid will be getting most of the pub - there are a couple of other recievers for Foley that the Troy coaches are looking at - so you may want to check some of that game out.

Now - who is our 5th game next year????

TUTrojan
10-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Specks! My favorite.

I'd love to be going for the Inshore Slam right now. Hopefully this weekend I can hit Choctawhatchee Bay.

Discophobia
10-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Besides Julio Jones, take a look at Daphnes QB. He is the younger brother of Patrick White the West Virginia stud. He is a scrambler style quaterback and even if he is half of the player that his brother is at West Virginia he would be a great fit at Troy.

Trojan2003
10-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Besides Julio Jones, take a look at Daphnes QB. He is the younger brother of Patrick White the West Virginia stud. He is a scrambler style quaterback and even if he is half of the player that his brother is at West Virginia he would be a great fit at Troy.

Coley White (Rivals: ***, Scout: **)

Athlete
Daphne (AL) Daphne

Ht: 6-foot-1
Wt: 165 lbs
Forty: 4.48 secs
Class: 2008 (High School)

offers: Central Michigan, Georgia Tech, West Virginia

Discophobia
10-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Yeah, the thought is that he will take West Virginia. His brother was set to play defensive back at LSU. (Nick Saban) then he visited West Virginia and was told he could play Quaterback and the rest is history. West Virginia has a very good back up QB, he actually played most of the game against South Florida. This is the type of kid that would be a great fit for our offense and might be swayed by a Tony Franklin visit. Watch on Thursday and let me know what ya, think!

ksdtrojan
10-02-2007, 05:36 PM
I am ready for the announcement as well. The suspense is tearing me up!

TSU92
10-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Anybody heard anything else on this? :confused:

TSUWhiner
10-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Notre Dame at home..that way we can beat the silly crap out of them on NBC..and that way Regis will shut his stupid pie hole up..and then we can hear another stupid "coaches speech" By Lou the dork Holst

Whiner

Trojan2003
10-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Maybe it's Louisiana Tech. They want to add an additional game which should be an away game. LSU recently removed Louisiana Tech from its schedule.

Louisiana Tech 2008

Home: Clemson, Southeastern, Nevada, Idaho, Utah St., Fresno St.
Away: Kansas, Hawaii, New Mexico St., Boise State, San Jose St., ????

However, ULL and LA Tech might schedule a series starting next year... LA Tech is trying to find another money game for 2008...otherwise LA Tech will probably schedule ULL...

SOTSAlumBigGuns
10-05-2007, 09:13 PM
I'm confused...I thought our mystery game was supposed to be Sept. 13th, but www.troytrojans.com shows Ball State is coming to Troy on the 13th. They still only have 4 home games listed though, not 5. What date are we looking to fill?

Sat, Sep 06 at LSU
Sat, Sep 13 Ball State
Sat, Sep 20 at Ohio State
Sat, Sep 27 at Oklahoma State
Sat, Oct 11 at Florida Atlantic
Sat, Oct 18 Florida International
Sat, Oct 25 at North Texas
Sat, Nov 01 Arkansas State
Sat, Nov 08 Louisiana-Lafayette
Sat, Nov 15 at Louisiana-Monroe
Sat, Nov 22 at Middle Tennessee

ksdtrojan
10-05-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm confused...I thought our mystery game was supposed to be Sept. 13th, but www.troytrojans.com (http://www.troytrojans.com) shows Ball State is coming to Troy on the 13th. They still only have 4 home games listed though, not 5. What date are we looking to fill?

Sat, Sep 06 at LSU
Sat, Sep 13 Ball State
Probably August 31 or October 4, I would guess.

Trojan2003
10-05-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm confused...I thought our mystery game was supposed to be Sept. 13th, but www.troytrojans.com shows Ball State is coming to Troy on the 13th. They still only have 4 home games listed though, not 5. What date are we looking to fill?

Sat, Sep 06 at LSU
Sat, Sep 13 Ball State

They have not updated the schedule on the website yet. You should check the media guide for future schedules.

Trojan2003
10-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Probably August 31 or October 4, I would guess.

AUG 30 Troy at MTSU
OCT 4 Troy vs Arkansas State

We just need to find an opponent to replace Ball State (SEP 13).

SCHEDULE 2008

Aug. 30 at Middle Tennessee
Sept. 6 at LSU
Sept. 13 ???
Sept. 20 at Ohio State
Sept. 27 at Oklahoma State
Oct. 4 ARKANSAS STATE
Oct. 11 at Florida Atlantic
Oct. 18 FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL
Oct. 25 at North Texas
Nov. 1 at UL-Monroe
Nov. 8 WESTERN KENTUCKY
Nov. 22 UL-LAFAYETTE

TroyFirst
10-05-2007, 11:20 PM
I was just told the team Troy is playing for its final home game next year.

It's either a home and home or one game at home for Troy. I hope for the latter, because we would do ourselves no good at all to go there.

I was sworn to secrecy, but I can say that none of us will be at all excited about this game. In fact, some "yawner" SunBelt teams Troy plays will draw more interest than this game.

Marshall would be way more exciting. So would Central Michigan or Ball State. It's not any of them.

It's a Midwest team in a non-BCS conference, and yes, it's a I-A team.

To me, it makes no sense to do this, unless there was just no on else to sign up. Ala. State or Jax State would be a better choice. At least they would bring bands and fans.

Please, Troy biggies, don't sign the papers!

socrgoly25
10-05-2007, 11:26 PM

It's either a home and home or one game at home for Troy. I hope for the latter, because we would do ourselves no good at all to go there.

I was sworn to secrecy, but I can say that none of us will be at all excited about this game. In fact, some "yawner" SunBelt teams Troy plays will draw more interest than this game.

Marshall would be way more exciting. So would Central Michigan or Ball State. It's not any of them.

To me, it makes no sense to do this, unless there was just no on else to sign up. Ala. State or Jax State would be a better choice. At least they would bring bands and fans.

Oh God!!!!
Please reassure me that it is not one of our FORMER conference mates!

ksdtrojan
10-05-2007, 11:49 PM
AUG 30 Troy at MTSU
OCT 4 Troy vs Arkansas State

We just need to find an opponent to replace Ball State (SEP 13).

SCHEDULE 2008

Aug. 30 at Middle Tennessee
Sept. 6 at LSU
Sept. 13 ???
Sept. 20 at Ohio State
Sept. 27 at Oklahoma State
Oct. 4 ARKANSAS STATE
Oct. 11 at Florida Atlantic
Oct. 18 FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL
Oct. 25 at North Texas
Nov. 1 at UL-Monroe
Nov. 8 WESTERN KENTUCKY
Nov. 22 UL-LAFAYETTE
Wow! How did I miss that? I just took for granted the schedule posted by bigguns was correct. That is the game we are trying to replace because of the adjustments made this year and next to accommodate WKU.

nasupporter
10-06-2007, 12:54 AM

Idaho? Utah St. ?

littlebittyschool
10-06-2007, 04:47 AM
Let me see, when I think Midwest, I think Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, sort of that area of the country.

When I think "non-BCS" in that area of the country, it's pretty much the MAC.

So if you take out Central Michigan and Ball State, then you're pretty much left with the rest of the MAC.

We played NIU in a bowl a few years ago. Bowling Green and Ohio have played other Sunbelt schools. Hmmm.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure it'll be a one for one unless we work some kind of three way deal with another school in the Belt.

Troy87
10-06-2007, 06:36 AM
My understanding is that it's a one-game deal, no return game, but that could change, as I also understand there are a few details left to work out, and it could be another week or so before the announcement.

It is not a former conference mate. This year the team is holding its own. I would have loved to play NIU again, but it is not a team we have ever played before.

TUTrojan
10-06-2007, 07:40 AM
Tulsa, Wyoming, Ohio, or Bowling Green?

littlebittyschool
10-06-2007, 08:34 AM
Western Michigan... on a one for one.

goe1975
10-06-2007, 10:14 AM

Why is this being treated like classified information? Are they gonna renig if word gets out? Seriously, what is the BFD about people knowing who it is?

socrgoly25
10-06-2007, 10:18 AM
When you said Midwest, my mind immediately went to New Mexico State. I'm glad it's not them, but it would have been exciting to some just because of the offensive systems run, and the Mumme/Franklin connection.

BMarkey
10-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Bitty is a smart guy.

ksdtrojan
10-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Bitty is a smart guy.
Very smart indeed!

O2MAN
10-06-2007, 03:07 PM
serioulsy Western Michigan? That is the big announcement?

Mr. Ho
10-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Mr. Ho want to know what map people look at when they look at Midwest? FYI: New Mexico State, Wyoming and Utah State are the furthest thing from Midwest.

The game is a MAC team...Eastern Michigan. Only home game.