69. FAU
97. MTSU
103. ULM
114. ULL
116. North Texas
119. FIU

Burn the Horse
10-01-2007, 10:03 AM
these polls fluctuate so much, I thought we were at 48 at one point? And why the heck did we drop in one of those polls? If we beat UGA and win out we STILL won't get any respect, it's sad.

TU/JSU Fan
10-01-2007, 10:29 AM
We dropped because the 'quality wins' that we have is sitting at 1 right now. Ok State is the only quality win we have.

Right now our opponent's record (our wins) is 3-11 (All 3 wins from OK State as ULL and ULM are 0-5/0-4 respectively). We have to beat people that have actually won some games and then we will move up. If we win out and beat UGA then I would say our end of year ranking would be somewhere in the 40s (probably 48-50). The Sunbelt is such a bad conference (win wise) that none of our future opps have very good records right now (UNT/FIU still haven't won anything, MTSU has 1 win, WKU has 3 wins -- 1 against a Div II school, 1 against a Div IAA school and 1 against MTSU, Arkansas State has won 2 games). So.. FAU is the only team that we have on the schedule (other than UGA) that has a winning record.

Trojan2003
10-01-2007, 12:38 PM
OFFENSE

Total Offense: RK 26; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
Passing Offense: RK 19; (Sun Belt: RK 2)
Rushing Offense: RK 61; (Sun Belt: RK 4)
Scoring Offense: RK 30; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
---
Passing Efficiency: RK 79; (Sun Belt: RK 3)
Sacks Allowed: RK 5; (Sun Belt: RK 1)

DEFENSE

Total Defense: RK 99; (Sun Belt: RK 4)
Pass Defense: RK 16; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
Rushing Defense: RK 119; ( Sun Belt: RK 8 )
Scoring Defense: RK 96; (Sun Belt: RK 4)

SPECIAL TEAMS

Punt Returns: RK 5; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
Kickoff Returns: RK 91; (Sun Belt: RK 4)

TEAM RANKINGS, SUN BELT LEADER

Troy: Total Offense, Scoring Offense, Pass Efficiency Defense, Punt Returns, Pass Defense, Sacks Allowed.

Nice Trojan
10-01-2007, 02:04 PM
I am still in awe of the offense rankings over the last two years compared to the pre-Franklin era. And then the opposite for the defense. Although they played a damn good game the other night, they still have a lot of work to do.

I don't know about anyone else, but my thinking during the 1st half was that they forgot to practice offense last week and only focused on defense. Luckily Omar and the boys came back in the second half to at least give us some breathing room.

nasupporter
10-01-2007, 02:16 PM
I am still in awe of the offense rankings over the last two years compared to the pre-Franklin era. And then the opposite for the defense. Although they played a damn good game the other night, they still have a lot of work to do.

I don't know about anyone else, but my thinking during the 1st half was that they forgot to practice offense last week and only focused on defense. Luckily Omar and the boys came back in the second half to at least give us some breathing room.

Waiting for the game when we put 'em both (Off. & Def.) together !!! That will be an awe-inspiring evening. How about over in Athens? Congrats to the defense this past weekend, Lets keep on keepin on!!!!
Lets start putting it all together NOW!

p.s. Circle 12/1/07 FAU
GO TROJANS !!!!!!!!!!!! Lets take the show back to New Orleans!

Troy87
10-01-2007, 02:58 PM
It should come together soon. If you think about it, this team really has gotten better each week.

First week - Arkansas: Had one really good qtr of Offense a some early defense, and no special teams.

Second week - Florida: One half of really good Offense, and a fair defense, yet still no special teams.

Third week - Ok. St.: Really a full game of Offense, but no real defense, but special teams came alive.

Fourth week - ULL: Again, really good Offense the whole game, defense bad, but real good special teams.

Fifth week - ULM: Drop off in Offense, Defense steps up for a whole game, and special teams gave up a little too much on KO returns.

There is a balance likely to occur, but I am a little concerned the balance could create a level of mediocrity that would no bode well. We need seperation from the pack in some area, and I think that would be our Offense. If everyone keeps improving without a dropoff in another area, that would be great for a possible sweep of the remainder of the season. I don't know that we can do that though, but if we can find the right mix to comfortably sweep the conference games, I'd be glad to see us 9-3 going into the NO bowl.

ksdtrojan
10-01-2007, 06:26 PM
I hope they have a complete game happens against UGA. I want us to sweep the rest and become more consistent against every SBC foe and future FBC member WKU but UGA is the OOC game I have wanted more than any of the others this year.

Navarre Trojan
10-02-2007, 07:10 AM
is in Jonesboro, Ark. Who cares about Georgia, really? Yes, it would be awesome to go in there an win, but I think we ALL would take 9-3, undefeated in the Sun Belt, 2-3 in non-conference play, and a chance in the New Orleans Bowl to put a BEAT DOWN on yet another C-USA team!!!

When the 'complete game' comes, let's hope it is in Jonesboro, that's where we really make some hay!

Trojan2003
10-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Sun Belt

79. Troy (3-2)
84. Florida Atlantic (3-2)
96. Arkansas State (2-2)
103. Middle Tennessee (1-4)
110. UL Monroe (0-4)
111. North Texas (0-4)
115. UL Lafayette (0-5)
119. FIU (0-5)

Trojan2003
10-02-2007, 01:12 PM
ESPN 2007 Bowl projections

R&L Carriers New Orleans
(Sun Belt No. 1 vs. C-USA)

Bruce Feldman: Florida Atlantic vs. Southern Miss
Mark Schlabach: Florida Atlantic vs. UTEP

ksdtrojan
10-02-2007, 01:17 PM
is in Jonesboro, Ark. Who cares about Georgia, really? Yes, it would be awesome to go in there an win, but I think we ALL would take 9-3, undefeated in the Sun Belt, 2-3 in non-conference play, and a chance in the New Orleans Bowl to put a BEAT DOWN on yet another C-USA team!!!

When the 'complete game' comes, let's hope it is in Jonesboro, that's where we really make some hay!
Yes, I agree but I have my own reasons and I care about the UGA game. I would rather be 10-2! Don't get me wrong I will take 9-3 with a loss to UGA but I would rahter be 10-2 followed by a great bowl game victory to go 11-2.

trojanbrutha
10-05-2007, 06:55 PM
from ESPN...
http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=2924855&searchName=feldman_bruce

trojanbrutha
10-07-2007, 12:03 PM
CBSSports.com 120 has Troy ranked at 57th, up from 65th. Even though we allowed the late TD, maybe it wasn't that bigga deal?

TrojanEmpire
10-07-2007, 12:18 PM
CBSSports.com 120 has Troy ranked at 57th, up from 65th. Even though we allowed the late TD, maybe it wasn't that bigga deal?

Oh, but it is. Just ask some on this board

trojanbrutha
10-07-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm not gettin' in on that one! You guys can have that...but from that poll, we should be ranked well by the end of the bowl season. We're actually ranked higher than some CUSA and Big 12 teams. (UAB and Okie St. included)

TrojanEmpire
10-07-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm not gettin' in on that one! You guys can have that...but from that poll, we should be ranked well by the end of the bowl season. We're actually ranked higher than some CUSA and Big 12 teams. (UAB and Okie St. included)

and we should be

Trojan2003
10-07-2007, 06:01 PM

Non-BCS Top 25 (# CBSSports.com 120)

01. Hawaii (#14); 6-0
02. Boise State (#26); 3-1
03. Wyoming (#44); 4-1
04. BYU (#47); 3-2
05. Navy (#52); 3-2
06. Air Force (#53); 4-2
07. TCU (#55); 3-3
08. UTEP (#56); 4-2
09. Troy (#57); 4-2
10. East Carolina (#58); 3-3
11. Tulsa (#59); 3-2
12. UCF (#60); 3-2
13. Fresno State (#61); 3-2
14. Utah (#64); 3-3
15. New Mexico (#67); 3-2
16. Central Michigan (#69); 3-3
17. New Mexico State (#70); 3-2
18. Ball State (#72); 3-3
19. Southern Miss (#77); 2-3
20. Houston (#78); 2-3
21. Nevada (#79); 2-3
22. Bowling Green (#80); 3-2
23. Miami,OH (#81); 3-3
24. Kent State (#82); 3-3
25. FAU (#84); 3-3

goe1975
10-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Oh, but it is. Just ask some on this board

Yes, as far as I am concerned, being #57 and being happy about it is pathetic. Are you hearing yourselves?! No wonder people think we are nothing. Flame on! I just expect a little more and laying down and going through the motions does not make champions. Unless you are satisfied with just being Sunbelt champions. I'm sure glad our military does not think this way.

CardinalBlackTrojan
10-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Fullysports.com (or what use to be warrennolan.com) has Troy ranked #29.
The second highest ranked team in the SBC is FAU at #73 and Arkansas State at #97.

http://www.fullysports.com/football/2007/schedule/Troy

TrojanEmpire
10-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Yes, as far as I am concerned, being #57 and being happy about it is pathetic. Are you hearing yourselves?! No wonder people think we are nothing. Flame on! I just expect a little more and laying down and going through the motions does not make champions. Unless you are satisfied with just being Sunbelt champions. I'm sure glad our military does not think this way.

Ummmm I believe you took my post out of context. My question is why do you care what others around the country think? The only people we should worry about "laying down and going through the motions" is the team. That does not appear to be a problem for the team, so it is all good. Yes I am satisfied with being Sunbelt champs because being Sunbelt champs year in and year out will lead to better things like a better conference, top 25 rankings, better bowls, etc.

ksdtrojan
10-07-2007, 08:30 PM
I have debated on chiming in on this topic. I probably should not but here goes.

Running up the score:

Larry Blakeney is a great coach and great person. He is extremely humble and would never (IMHO) intentionally run the score up on anyone. Everyone must take a step back and look at what happened in the later stages of the FIU game. We put our second and third rotation in the game to give them some exprerience. Why? We have to have them ready for next season. The coaches' have commented in several articles about how they were ready to let the subs get in the game to get them experience when the starters let the other team back in the game. During the game the starters gave enough cushion to accomplish this and so the coaches decided to let the depth chart play some downs. How many starting seniors do we have? QB, HB, FB, WR, DE, DT, NT, SLB, WLB, LCB/KR/PR, RCB/KR, and K/P That is 12 players counting Gregg Whibbs that affect 16 positions. We need to get reps in live action for these younger players. (Especially the skill positions!) At QB we still have not seen enough to know how we stand next year at the position. At FB Dujuan Harris looks to be a viable replacement for Kenny. At WR our depth is great but who will step up to provide the leadership that Gary Banks gives us. At DE, DT, NT the rotation we have should provide for some great play from the DL. Now the LBs may be an issue next year as well as CBs. The special teams take big hits with Gregg and Leodis leaving. All that to say that every opportunity we have to get the subs in we should take advantage of it regardless of our rank or potential rank.

Media and College Fans View of Troy:

Right now we sit at 4-2 (3-0) with a great chance to end the season with a 10 win season after the bowl game and even 11 if we can play our best against UGA. I will guarantee you that a 10-3 or 11-2 record will erase anyone and everyone's memory of the 34-16 FIU score or any other for that matter. I prefer to look at the score of the FIU game as a 1st Qtr let down not 4th Qtr when the subs were in. We scored 34 points in the 2nd and 3rd which was 17 per qtr. Had we scored that 17 point average in the 1st that would have raised our point total to 51 points and this would be a non-issue. Most blowouts happen in the first 3 qtrs not the 4th!

Rankings

National recognition honestly went out the window with the first 2 losses. Any chance of getting in the national spot light went away with those 2 games. Our conference is not strong enough to warrant high rankings even if we run the table because of the weak teams that are present. Look at the rankings on CBSsportsline and our conference mates...120 FIU (0-6), 118 NT (0-5), 114 MT (1-5), 113 ULL (1-5) etc. It adversely affects us when we line up against these teams whether we win or lose. I am not being critical of them nor am I trying to call them out, just being realistic. We need to win the big ones every time in order to garner the national spotlight. In short rankings boil down to winning games...every game! Am I satisfied with #57 on the Sportsline 120? No. But it is what it is because of the conference for which we play. The rankings will come but in the meantime we need to "Just Keep Winning!"

Just my take!

littlebittyschool
10-07-2007, 08:48 PM
4 straight Sunbelt conference championships. 4 straight New Orleans Bowls. 26 game Sunbelt conference winning streak. 2 different players that led the nation in rushing yardage per game. That's what North Texas did.
Guess what it got them? A fired coach, a move up to number 2 on the Bottom Ten list, a defense that is getting over 51 points per game scored on them, and unless a miracle happens, a 3rd straight losing season.
But you know what North Texas didn't do? They didn't win D1A; OOC games. In the four years that they were dominating the Sunbelt, they won 1 regular season OOC game (Baylor) and 1 of those 4 bowls (Cincy).
I'm a big fan of the Sunbelt. I feel good about the direction the conference is going. But we can't hang our hat on just winning those games, no matter what the score.

We have to win OOC games (the "money" games are being reduced soon).
We have to get the stadium full of people that are paying market value ticket prices (even if Bama and Aubbie are playing accross the street).
We have to continue to build and develop facilities.
We have to continue to recruit at the highest level possible.
We have to continue to make good decisions on TV exposure vs fans support.
We need to develop some sort of gimmick (for lack of a better word) to garner more media and fan attention.
We have to make every effort to retain our successful assistant coaches and remove/reassign them when they are no longer successful.
We have to embarrass and degrade UAB fans and posters every chance we get.

Well... we don't HAVE to do that last one, but if we find a little spare time while we're working on everything else...

Troy87
10-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Great post KSD!

Media and College Fans View of Troy:

Right now we sit at 4-2 (3-0) with a great chance to end the season with a 10 win season after the bowl game and even 11 if we can play our best against UGA. I will guarantee you that a 10-3 or 11-2 record will erase anyone and everyone's memory of the 34-16 FIU score or any other for that matter. I prefer to look at the score of the FIU game as a 1st Qtr let down not 4th Qtr when the subs were in. We scored 34 points in the 2nd and 3rd which was 17 per qtr. Had we scored that 17 point average in the 1st that would have raised our point total to 51 points and this would be a non-issue. Most blowouts happen in the first 3 qtrs not the 4th!

I predicted a 9-3 season this past spring, and I also said our best possible finish would be 10-2, and I believe that is closer to reality now than I did then. I also thought the two losses would be UF and UGA. That said, whichever, or even if neither, if we still get to the NO Bowl, consider we will have gone to a bowl game in three of the last four years. To say that about Troy back in 2001 when the move to I-A began would have been met with some seriously doubtful looks with regard to you mental state. But this is a real possibility, and a fantastic achievement if it is realized.

I also want to say, that if we do get to the NO Bowl again this year, you can bet there will be even more Troy fans there than there were last year. I would bet close to double. I see a very positive future for Troy, and we are way ahead of where we really expected to be at this point in the move up to I-A.

Rankings

National recognition honestly went out the window with the first 2 losses. Any chance of getting in the national spot light went away with those 2 games. Our conference is not strong enough to warrant high rankings even if we run the table because of the weak teams that are present. Look at the rankings on CBSsportsline and our conference mates...120 FIU (0-6), 118 NT (0-5), 114 MT (1-5), 113 ULL (1-5) etc. It adversely affects us when we line up against these teams whether we win or lose. I am not being critical of them nor am I trying to call them out, just being realistic. We need to win the big ones every time in order to garner the national spotlight. In short rankings boil down to winning games...every game! Am I satisfied with #57 on the Sportsline 120? No. But it is what it is because of the conference for which we play. The rankings will come but in the meantime we need to "Just Keep Winning!"

Just my take!

This year's Troy team should realistically finish with about a 40-45th ranking. That is what I believe we deserve, and if we achieve 9-3 or 10-2, and that's about the best I think we could hope to get. Consider that that would be in the top third of the schools in the country, and who we would be ahead of. That was unthinkable 6 years ago.

CardinalBlackTrojan
10-07-2007, 10:58 PM
Middle Tennessee had votes to be ranked after their 4-game run in the Sun Belt. They wound up becoming #39 in the BCS Poll with a 7-3 record before they met South Carolina, with one of the wins over a 1AA Tenn Tech team. All of their losses were blowouts from Maryland, Oklahoma, and Louisville.. During that 4-game streak they beat ULM (1-6), ULL (4-3), FAU (3-6), and ASU (5-5).

So from this, I think Troy has a chance to be ranked, especially in the BCS Poll (which won't be that big of a deal but it's a BCS rank none the less). Troy has played respectably in losses to Arkansas and Florida, and has beaten a good OSU team, and has beaten ULM, ULL, and FIU so far (I understand they all had no wins). So, if we go on to beat NT and a good ASU team, we should have votes for a Top 25 ranking because of a good looking 6-2 record including a good win over OSU before we meet Georgia. If we beat Georgia, and beat a good FAU team and OK MTSU team, then we should finish the season ranked!

But what do I know... just my $0.02

trojanbrutha
10-07-2007, 11:58 PM
do you think Troy is the best team in the nation? It kills me to no end how there are fan on this site and then there are fanatics. I merely stated that Troy was 57th in a poll. I'm of the school that knows Troy is on the upswing. It won't be this year or the next, but I believe that LB is the type of coach that can win a NC at this level. He surrounds himself with talent (coachin' and players). But the never-do-wells that want it today can't be pacified. I joined this site 'cause tsdtrojan recommended it, but it's sometime discouragin' to have the people that are supposed to be united in their support for one team divided by trivial matters, such as a stupid poll. It's not my problem if you misconstrued my post as complacency, it's just a post...

CardinalBlackTrojan
10-08-2007, 02:25 AM
I think we should be ranked higher than #57, but then again, it's just one of 1,000 polls out there. Troy needs to keep on proving that they are a great team and deserve national recog. I'm proud of them right now since they are on a 4-game win streak.

I agree with ksd about giving the backups reps. I'd rather they get 1 play of experience than none at all. This little bit of experience that these backups are getting can make the biggest difference in close games.

TUTrojan
10-08-2007, 08:10 AM
Great post KSD!

This year's Troy team should realistically finish with about a 40-45th ranking. That is what I believe we deserve, and if we achieve 9-3 or 10-2, and that's about the best I think we could hope to get. Consider that that would be in the top third of the schools in the country, and who we would be ahead of. That was unthinkable 6 years ago.

With the major teams outside of LSU and Ohio State racking up losses and the Big-12, SEC, and Big East continuing to beat up on each other, a 10-3 or 11-2 season will get us in the top-25, especially if we have OOC wins against OSU, UGA, and Conf-USA (Tulsa, UCF, etc.).

Trojan2003
10-08-2007, 10:27 AM

TBA

CBS Sportsline Bowl prediction

Dec. 21, ESPN2

New Orleans Bowl
Troy vs Central Florida

Massey Composite Rankings

TBA

CBSSports.com 120

57. Troy ( Pvs. 65 )
84. FAU
89. Arkansas State
103. ULM
113. ULL
114. MTSU
118. North Texas
120. FIU

SI: Power Rankings

TBA

CFN Rankings No. 1 to 119: Week 6

75. Troy
84. Florida Atlantic
100. UL Monroe
101. Arkansas State
108. MTSU
110. UL Lafayette
118. North Texas
119. FIU

Sagarin ratings

78. Troy ( Pvs. 77 )
104. FAU
116. Arkansas State
117. MTSU
125. ULM
152. ULL
163. FIU
173. North Texas

collegefootballpoll.com Top 119

52. Troy (Pvs. 59)
75. FAU
76. Arkansas State
93. ULM
105. MTSU
109. ULL
116. North Texas
119. FIU

Trojan2003
10-08-2007, 10:34 AM
OFFENSE

Total Offense: RK 22; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
Passing Offense: RK 22; (Sun Belt: RK 2)
Rushing Offense: RK 42; (Sun Belt: RK 2)
Scoring Offense: RK 31; (Sun Belt: RK 1)

DEFENSE

Total Defense: RK 89; (Sun Belt: RK 3)
Pass Defense: RK 18; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
Rushing Defense: RK 117; ( Sun Belt: RK 7 )
Scoring Defense: RK 85; (Sun Belt: RK 2)

SPECIAL TEAMS

Punt Returns: RK 2; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
Kickoff Returns: RK 87; (Sun Belt: RK 5)

Troy: Total Offense, Scoring Offense, Pass Efficiency Defense, Punt Returns, Pass Defense, Sacks Allowed.

---
Sun Belt: Updated Football Stats
-> http://www.sunbeltsports.org/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22157&SPID=1808&DB_OEM_ID=4100&ATCLID=1206419

TUTrojan
10-08-2007, 10:39 AM
OFFENSE

Total Offense: RK 22; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
Passing Offense: RK 22; (Sun Belt: RK 2)
Rushing Offense: RK 42; (Sun Belt: RK 2)

DEFENSE

Total Defense: RK 89; (Sun Belt: RK 3)
Pass Defense: RK 18; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
Rushing Defense: RK 117; ( Sun Belt: RK 7 )
Scoring Defense: RK 85; (Sun Belt: RK 2)

SPECIAL TEAMS

Kickoff Returns: RK 87; (Sun Belt: RK 5)

We also lead in Punting Average.

Trojan2003
10-08-2007, 12:56 PM

#55 Troy (4-2)
#71 Florida Atlantic (3-3)
#96 Arkansas State (2-3)
#102 Middle Tennessee (1-5)
#105 UL Monroe (1-4)
#114 UL Lafayette (1-5)
#119 Florida International (0-5)
#120 North Texas (0-5)

About the Ranking Comparison:
http://www.mratings.com/cf/aboutcomp.htm

tntrojan
10-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Found this on the Rivals site. OSU is ranked above us. :(

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=723775

Trojan2003
10-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Found this on the Rivals site. OSU is ranked above us. :(

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=723775

54. TROY (4-2)
Trojans haven't looked that good the past two weeks. Next: vs. North Texas (Oct. 20).

Trojan2003
10-09-2007, 01:00 PM

R&L Carriers New Orleans

Bruce Feldman: Florida Atlantic vs. Southern Miss
Mark Schlabach: Troy vs. Southern Miss

Dec. 21, ESPN2

New Orleans Bowl
Troy vs Central Florida

#55 Troy (4-2)
#71 Florida Atlantic (3-3)
#90 Western Kentucky (3-2)
#96 Arkansas State (2-3)
#102 Middle Tennessee (1-5)
#105 UL Monroe (1-4)
#114 UL Lafayette (1-5)
#119 Florida International (0-5)
#120 North Texas (0-5)

CBSSports.com 120

57. Troy ( Pvs. 65 )
84. FAU
89. Arkansas State
103. ULM
113. ULL
114. MTSU
118. North Texas
120. FIU

51. Troy
71. FAU
88. Arkansas State
106. MTSU
112. ULL
114. ULM
115. North Texas
119. FIU

CFN Rankings No. 1 to 119: Week 6

75. Troy
84. Florida Atlantic
100. UL Monroe
101. Arkansas State
108. MTSU
110. UL Lafayette
118. North Texas
119. FIU

Sagarin ratings

78. Troy ( Pvs. 77 )
104. FAU
116. Arkansas State
117. MTSU
125. ULM
152. ULL
163. FIU
173. North Texas

52. Troy (Pvs. 59)
75. FAU
76. Arkansas State
93. ULM
105. MTSU
109. ULL
116. North Texas
119. FIU

Charlie NT73
10-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Wow-the "We have to's" sounds very familiar.
Yes, North Texas had a terriffic 4 years dominating the Sun Belt. Yes-winning
OOC games was important to the fans, but not to the HFC. Just play for the
$$$ and get out with no injuries. Dickey had 2 seasons, the OOC season and
the SBC season. He blamed the AD and school admin guru's for scheduling
unwinable $$$ games. Next, you would think with 4 SBC crowns, the top
Texas talent would migrate to NT. Some top talent did come to NT at first
then the talent level dropped off. Southern Miss figured out Dickey's power
run game, then every team NT played followed the same defensive scheme
while Dickey did not change the offense. Add all this together and you see
the results, 5-18 combined for the last 2 years, so Dickey was let go.
Now, Coach Dodge is here. He brought in the best recruiting class in NT history. The 2008 class will be better than the 2007 class. Coach Dodge
is playing true freshmen, r-freshmen, and few seniors. Yes, the sign says
0-5, and does not look very good now. NT is playing for the future. And, NT
has a coach views every game as a NT win. NT will be back!

littlebittyschool
10-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Wow! You guys hate UAB and consider it a priority to verbally abuse them too? AWESOME! I keep trying to tell people that the world hates UAB and the more I go around the world, the more I'm proven right.

Seriously though, I'm glad you guys made the moves you did. I think Dodge was a great hire and North Texas will be back in the thick of things soon. Just some round pegs and square holes in the schemes right now.

See you guys in a couple of weeks. I hope there will be lots of Mean Green fans in Troy!

TrojanWar
10-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Wow-the "We have to's" sounds very familiar.
Yes, North Texas had a terriffic 4 years dominating the Sun Belt. Yes-winning
OOC games was important to the fans, but not to the HFC. Just play for the
$$$ and get out with no injuries. Dickey had 2 seasons, the OOC season and
the SBC season. He blamed the AD and school admin guru's for scheduling
unwinable $$$ games. Next, you would think with 4 SBC crowns, the top
Texas talent would migrate to NT. Some top talent did come to NT at first
then the talent level dropped off. Southern Miss figured out Dickey's power
run game, then every team NT played followed the same defensive scheme
while Dickey did not change the offense. Add all this together and you see
the results, 5-18 combined for the last 2 years, so Dickey was let go.
Now, Coach Dodge is here. He brought in the best recruiting class in NT history. The 2008 class will be better than the 2007 class. Coach Dodge
is playing true freshmen, r-freshmen, and few seniors. Yes, the sign says
0-5, and does not look very good now. NT is playing for the future. And, NT
has a coach views every game as a NT win. NT will be back!

I hate to do this to you Charlie, but I have to post this link. Is moral really this low? I could not imagine a Troy player EVER saying this.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101309

Charlie NT73
10-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Sorry dude- that is one of the oldest jokes in college football.
I have seen the same "story" before regarding other teams.
This is typical zero u crap about other teams.

BMarkey
10-09-2007, 06:58 PM
54. TROY (4-2)
Trojans haven't looked that good the past two weeks. Next: vs. North Texas (Oct. 20).

I wonder why Rivals wrote this. :) Maybe they didn't notice the subs playing for a third of the game, or the clock-killing offense the gamne before?

To media like this, winning big does matter. It might not be right, but ...

tr_oj_ans
10-11-2007, 12:20 AM
Didn't Troy beat NT one of thier "probationary" years to give them a losing record and still go to a bowl game? NT was beating children to win those titles in the leagues infancy. The league has sooooo much more talent now and it doesn't seem NT is going to be able to compete. I sincerely hope they improve for the leagues sake.

TrojanFan2
10-11-2007, 08:49 AM
I wonder why Rivals wrote this. :) Maybe they didn't notice the subs playing for a third of the game, or the clock-killing offense the gamne before?

To media like this, winning big does matter. It might not be right, but ...

I believe it means that we didn't play well against ULM. The post game show was full of comments that the offense was off that game and the defense stepped up and was the main reason we won.

At FIU it looked like a practice. No fire at all in the 1st qtr and FIU was rolling all over us. We should have put that game away in the first half.

Therefore we didn't look all that good the past two games even though we won.

Trojan2003
10-14-2007, 11:51 AM
>> Post deleted <<

trojanbrutha
10-14-2007, 03:13 PM
In the AP poll, we got a top 25 vote! On a bye week! Ranked 40th! Go Troy!!!

Others Receiving Votes
Penn State 95, Virginia 85, Illinois 75, Boise State 37, Alabama 27, Wake Forest 18, Wisconsin 18, Rutgers 18, Clemson 9, Connecticut 7, Florida State 6, Maryland 6, Air Force 4, Brigham Young 2, TROY 1.

ksdtrojan
10-14-2007, 04:08 PM
In the AP poll, we got a top 25 vote! On a bye week! Ranked 40th! Go Troy!!!

Others Receiving Votes
Penn State 95, Virginia 85, Illinois 75, Boise State 37, Alabama 27, Wake Forest 18, Wisconsin 18, Rutgers 18, Clemson 9, Connecticut 7, Florida State 6, Maryland 6, Air Force 4, Brigham Young 2, TROY 1.

I was wondering if Troy would get a vote this week with several of the 15 to 25 ranked teams going down. GO TROJANS!

NWFLTrojan
10-14-2007, 07:40 PM
The first and last time we got a vote in the top 25 we promptly lost to a winless team.

I sure hope history does not repeat itself.

ksdtrojan
10-14-2007, 07:53 PM
The first and last time we got a vote in the top 25 we promptly lost to a winless team.

I sure hope history does not repeat itself.
Yes and the coaches need to remind the players who may not be savvy on their Trojan history.

Trojan2003
10-15-2007, 01:17 AM

R&L Carriers New Orleans

Bruce Feldman: Troy vs. UCF
Mark Schlabach: Troy vs. UCF

Dec. 21, ESPN2

New Orleans Bowl
Troy vs. UCF

CFN Bowl Projections

R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl

Projection: Troy vs. UCF

#54 Troy (4-2)
#75 Florida Atlantic (3-3)
#97 Arkansas State (3-3)
#98 Middle Tennessee (2-5)
#104 UL Monroe (1-5)
#115 UL Lafayette (1-6)
#117 Florida International (0-6)
#120 North Texas (1-5)

CBSSports.com 120

54. Troy ( Pvs. 57 )
81. FAU
95. Arkansas State
105. MTSU
110. North Texas
112. ULM
114. ULL
120. FIU

38. Troy (Pvs. 45)
75. FAU
95. MTSU
98. ULM
105. Arkansas State
108. ULL
109. North Texas
119. FIU

CFN Rankings No. 1 to 119: Week 7

69. Troy (Pvs. 75)
83. FAU
97. Arkansas State
106. MTSU
113. North Texas
114. ULM
115. ULL
119. FIU

Sagarin ratings

71. Troy ( Pvs. 78 )
81. FAU
101. MTSU
104. Arkansas State
141. ULM
153. FIU
155. ULL
164. North Texas

50. Troy (Pvs. 52)
67. FAU
68. Arkansas State
94. MTSU
99. ULM
111. North Texas
113. ULL
119. FIU

Trojan2003
10-21-2007, 07:23 AM
OFFENSE

Total Offense: RK 15; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
Passing Offense: RK 19; (Sun Belt: RK 2)
Rushing Offense: RK 44; (Sun Belt: RK 4)
Scoring Offense: RK 23; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
Sacks Allowed: RK 10; (Sun Belt: RK 1)

-> NCAA Top 25: Total/Passing/Scoring Offense, Sacks Allowed

DEFENSE

Total Defense: RK 69; (Sun Belt: RK 3)
Pass Defense: RK 11; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
Rushing Defense: RK 109; ( Sun Belt: RK 6)
Scoring Defense: RK 66; (Sun Belt: RK 2)

-> NCAA Top 25: Pass Defense

SPECIAL TEAMS

Punt Returns: RK 1; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
Kickoff Returns: RK 75; (Sun Belt: RK 4)

-> NCAA leader: Pass Defense

TEAM RANKINGS

SUN BELT LEADER

Troy: Total Offense, Scoring Offense, Pass Efficiency Defense, Punt Returns, Pass Defense, Sacks Allowed

NCAA TOP 25

Total Offense, Passing Offense, Scoring Offense, Sacks Allowed, Pass Defense, Punt Returns

Trojan2003
10-21-2007, 03:45 PM
>> Post deleted <<

socrgoly25
10-21-2007, 04:23 PM

New Orleans
Dec. 21 New Orleans, ESPN2

Troy vs. Tulsa

CFN Bowl Projections

Dec. 21 / 8 p.m. New Orleans, La. ESPN2

Projection: Troy vs. Tulsa

I'm sure Todd Graham is still recovering from the nightmares we gave him the last time we saw him.

Trojan2003
10-23-2007, 11:42 PM
Troy

BCS Computer Polls: #52
Massey Composite Rankings: #52
CBSSports.com: #52
SI Power Rankings: #37
Sagarin Ratings: #65
CFN Rankings: #68
collegefootballpoll.com: #42

---

R&L Carriers New Orleans

Ivan Maisel: Troy vs. Central Florida
Mark Schlabach: Troy vs. East Carolina

New Orleans

Troy vs. Tulsa

CFN Bowl Projections

Projection: Troy vs. Tulsa

AP Poll

(36.) Troy, 4 points

BCS Computer Polls

52. Troy
66. FAU
93. MTSU
102. Arkansas State
107. ULM
113. North Texas
114. FIU
114. ULL

52. Troy
72. FAU
81. MTSU
96. Arkansas State
108. ULM
116. ULL
118. North Texas
120. FIU

CBSSports.com 120

52. Troy ( Pvs. 54 )
77. FAU
99. MTSU
101. Arkansas State
108. ULM
113. North Texas
115. ULL
120. FIU

37. Troy (Pvs. 38)
71. FAU
92. MTSU
104. Arkansas State
106. ULL
110. North Texas
114. ULM
119. FIU

Sagarin ratings

65. Troy ( Pvs. 71 )
83. FAU
93. MTSU
125. Arkansas State
138. ULM
160. ULL
171. FIU
183. North Texas

CFN Rankings No. 1 to 119: Week 8

68. Troy (Pvs. 69)
82. FAU
101. MTSU
107. Arkansas State
114. ULM
115. North Texas
116. ULL
119. FIU

42. Troy
63. FAU
76. Arkansas State
84. MTSU
90. ULM
114. North Texas
115. ULL
119. FIU

ksdtrojan
10-24-2007, 06:56 AM
Troy

BCS Computer Polls: #52
Massey Composite Rankings: #52
CBSSports.com: #52
SI Power Rankings: #37
Sagarin Ratings: #65
CFN Rankings: #68
collegefootballpoll.com: #42

Oklahoma State

BCS Computer Polls: #34 (difference -18
Massey Composite Rankings: #33 (difference -19)
CBSSports.com: #47 (difference -5)
SI Power Rankings: #36 (difference -1)
Sagarin Ratings: #32 (difference -33)
CFN Rankings: #39 (difference -29)
collegefootballpoll.com: #41 (difference -1)

It is interesting that every poll listed has Oklahoma State ranked higher than Troy. I guess our win over them is long gone from the mind of the pollsters. College Football is truly a world of "what have you done for me lately."

Solution: WIN OUT!

TrojanWar
10-24-2007, 08:42 AM
I'm sure Todd Graham is still recovering from the nightmares we gave him the last time we saw him.

This would be an offensive explosion! It's not the same offense Todd Graham ran at Rice. Gus Malzahn runs the offense and it is rated #2 in the nation. It's hurry up no huddle the entire game. Kind of like watching a 2 minute offense for a full game. That offense along with Troy's, and we could see some fireworks! I think it would draw great TV ratings.

Discophobia
10-24-2007, 09:19 AM
This is a great example of why we need a real playoff system in D-I. We have a system currently that will never be fair to non BCS conference schools. I had an argument a few weeks ago with an arrogant Nebraska fan. His thought was that if you werent in a BCS conference there was no way that you could have a team that would be worthy of the national championship. My response was how would you ever know. Lets find out on the field. Maybe Boise was the best team in College football last year. With the current system we will never know. If a team wins its conference they should have a chance to play in a playoff for the national championship. Football is the only sport where it is left up to a system that goes against every aspect of anti trust concepts. LET THE NATIONAL CHAMPION BE DETERMINED ON THE FIELD!

Trojan2003
10-28-2007, 07:13 AM
OFFENSE

Total Offense: RK 21; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
Passing Offense: RK 25; (Sun Belt: RK 3)
Rushing Offense: RK 37; (Sun Belt: RK 4)
Scoring Offense: RK 27; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
Sacks Allowed: RK 5; (Sun Belt: RK 1)

DEFENSE

Total Defense: RK 61; (Sun Belt: RK 2)
Pass Defense: RK 7; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
Rushing Defense: RK 101; ( Sun Belt: RK 5)
Scoring Defense: RK 47; (Sun Belt: RK 1)

SPECIAL TEAMS

Punt Returns: RK 3; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
Kickoff Returns: RK 86; (Sun Belt: RK 4)

TEAM RANKINGS

SUN BELT LEADER

Troy:

Total Offense
Scoring Offense
Sacks Allowed

Pass Defense
Pass Efficiency Defense
Scoring Defense
Sacks

Punt Returns

Trojan2003
10-28-2007, 01:24 PM
>Post deleted<

TU/JSU Fan
10-28-2007, 03:50 PM
I like the idea of Troy v UCF in NO Bowl..

That would be

A) a good game to renew a rivalry that once existed in basketball
B) a good game between two schools that are definitely within driving distance of the game

so it should be

A) a great game to watch
B) a great attended game...

FliryVorru
10-28-2007, 04:05 PM
For the record, here are the folks that voted for Troy in this week's AP poll and our place in their poll.

Jay G. Tate - Montgomery Advertiser - #25 (1 point)
Ray Ratto - San Francisco Chrinicle - #24 (2 points)
Adam Van Brimmer - Savannah Morning News (GA) - #20 (6 points)
Tommy Trujillo - The New Mexican (Santa Fe) - #24 (2 points)
Matt McCoy - WTVM AM Columbus, OH - #24 (2 points)

It's good to see us being recognized in multiple areas of the country.

TrojanEmpire
10-28-2007, 04:17 PM
For the record, here are the folks that voted for Troy in this week's AP poll and our place in their poll.

Jay G. Tate - Montgomery Advertiser - #25 (1 point)
Ray Ratto - San Francisco Chrinicle - #24 (2 points)
Adam Van Brimmer - Savannah Morning News (GA) - #20 (6 points)
Tommy Trujillo - The New Mexican (Santa Fe) - #24 (2 points)
Matt McCoy - WTVM AM Columbus, OH - #24 (2 points)

It's good to see us being recognized in multiple areas of the country.
where do you get that information?

cheapguy2006
10-28-2007, 04:32 PM
I like the idea of Troy v UCF in NO Bowl..

That would be

A) a good game to renew a rivalry that once existed in basketball
B) a good game between two schools that are definitely within driving distance of the game

so it should be

A) a great game to watch
B) a great attended game...

I really wouldnt consider UCF "within driving distance" of new orleans.
Its about a 7-8 hour trip from Orlando to Pensacola tack on another 3.5 from here to NO...I think Id rather fly. But yes it would be great to play them

TU/JSU Fan
10-28-2007, 04:37 PM
*Answer 1*
The AP poll stuff is found on the AP Poll Website. I am impressed that folks in San Fran and New Mexico are voting for Troy.. Nice..

*Answer 2*
I had no idea it was that far..It shows 9 hours on Googlemaps.. I thought it would have been closer, but still.. a good team to play. I would 'rather' play USM...

TrojanEmpire
10-28-2007, 04:44 PM
*Answer 1*
The AP poll stuff is found on the AP Poll Website. I am impressed that folks in San Fran and New Mexico are voting for Troy.. Nice..

got a link? i just want to be able to check it weekly

TU/JSU Fan
10-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Sure.. I don't know why I didn't do this earlier for you..

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/specials/collegefootball_front/votes/voters.html?SITE=PAYOK&SECTION=HOME

TrojanEmpire
10-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Sure.. I don't know why I didn't do this earlier for you..

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/specials/collegefootball_front/votes/voters.html?SITE=PAYOK&SECTION=HOME
thanks man

Trojan2003
10-31-2007, 03:36 AM
Troy

BCS Poll: #45
CBSSports.com: #40
SI Power Rankings: #36
Sagarin Ratings: #57
collegefootballpoll.com: #29

---

R&L Carriers New Orleans

Ivan Maisel: Troy vs. Southern Miss
Mark Schlabach: Troy vs. Memphis

New Orleans

Prediction: Troy vs. UCF

CFN Bowl Projections

Projection: Troy vs. UCF

AP Poll

(33.) Troy, 13 points

BCS Poll

45. Troy

CBSSports.com 120

40. Troy ( Pvs. 52 )
81. FAU
96. MTSU
102. ULM
104. Arkansas State
115. North Texas
116. ULL
120. FIU

36. Troy
88. FAU
89. MTSU
98. ULM
106. Arkansas State
107. ULL
112. North Texas
119. FIU

Sagarin ratings

57. Troy
98. MTSU
107. FAU
127. ULM
128. Arkansas State
161. ULL
170. FIU
183. North Texas

29. Troy
69. FAU
76. MTSU
84. Arkansas State
86. ULM
111. ULL
114. North Texas
119. FIU

Trojan2003
11-04-2007, 07:35 AM
OFFENSE

Total Offense: RK 17; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
Passing Offense: RK 18; (Sun Belt: RK 2)
Rushing Offense: RK 46; (Sun Belt: RK 4)
Scoring Offense: RK 27; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
Sacks Allowed: RK 13; (Sun Belt: RK 1)

DEFENSE

Total Defense: RK 65; (Sun Belt: RK 2)
Pass Defense: RK 12; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
Rushing Defense: RK 103; ( Sun Belt: RK 6)
Scoring Defense: RK 55; (Sun Belt: RK 1)

SPECIAL TEAMS

Kickoff Returns: RK 95; (Sun Belt: RK 4)

TEAM RANKINGS

SUN BELT LEADER

Troy:

Total Offense
Scoring Offense
Sacks Allowed

Pass Defense
Pass Efficiency Defense
Scoring Defense
Sacks

Punt Returns

Trojan2003
11-05-2007, 03:09 AM
>> post deleted <<

Trojan2003
11-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Troy

BCS Poll: ---
AP Top 25 Poll: #37
CBSSports.com: #42
SI Power Rankings: #39
Sagarin Ratings: #56
collegefootballpoll.com: #38

---

R&L Carriers New Orleans

Ivan Maisel: Troy vs. Central Florida
Mark Schlabach: Troy vs. Memphis

New Orleans

Prediction: Troy vs. Southern Miss

CFN Bowl Projections

Projection: Troy vs. Memphis

Trojan2003
11-11-2007, 12:05 PM
OFFENSE

Total Offense: RK 24; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
Passing Offense: RK 26; (Sun Belt: RK 3)
Rushing Offense: RK 36; (Sun Belt: RK 3)
Sacks Allowed: RK 15; (Sun Belt: RK 2)

DEFENSE

Total Defense: RK 65; (Sun Belt: RK 2)
Pass Defense: RK 8; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
Rushing Defense: RK 107; ( Sun Belt: RK 6)
Scoring Defense: RK 49; (Sun Belt: RK 1)

SPECIAL TEAMS

Punt Returns: RK 3; (Sun Belt: RK 1)
Kickoff Returns: RK 91; (Sun Belt: RK 4)