PDA

View Full Version : New Trojan Logo

trojanforce
09-22-2007, 10:28 PM
I thought the trojan logo on the jersey was changed? Why do we still have the cartoon logo?

trojanforce

Mr. Ho
09-22-2007, 10:37 PM
Because it looks like our defensive game plan is put together by Mr. Magoo. Our linebackers are Keystone Cops. Our DB's look ok but too many downfield blocks make them look like they are auditioning for Dances With the Stars half of the game - TACKLE don't dance.

TrojanWar
09-23-2007, 11:19 AM
I thought the trojan logo on the jersey was changed? Why do we still have the cartoon logo?

trojanforce

It looks like we only changed our home jerseys. How second rate is that?

Mr. Ho
09-23-2007, 11:27 AM
How does uniform effect tackling?

cheapguy2006
09-23-2007, 06:38 PM
It looks like we only changed our home jerseys. How second rate is that?

You gonna ponyup the money to buy a new set of road jerseys?
I think the white jerseys were new last year so no need to replace those.

TSUWhiner
09-23-2007, 07:07 PM
pony up huh? what about those moral victory checks we have been picking up lately? surely it doesnt cost more than 10K to PONY up on some decent jerseys. If anything we need to build a real basketball arena, instead of that Charles Henderson HS wanna be gym we have..it stinks..and I can smell it all the way over here on the TX coast

Whiner

TrojanWar
09-23-2007, 09:20 PM
You gonna ponyup the money to buy a new set of road jerseys?
I think the white jerseys were new last year so no need to replace those.

I should not have to. We are a D1A school. Let's act like it.

Nice Trojan
09-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Auction off last years jerseys to alum and anyone willing to pay for an authentic jersey. Arent these things supposed to be "supplied" to us per some endorsement agreement or something.

Lord-Mustang
09-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Anyone remember the Troy "Black Out"? Where we wore the Black Jersey's and sold them for $100 each after the game? Why not do the same again. That would raise atleast half the money. We could do a Trojan "White Out"!

TU Rob
09-24-2007, 08:40 AM
Anyone remember the Troy "Black Out"? Where we wore the Black Jersey's and sold them for $100 each after the game? Why not do the same again. That would raise atleast half the money. We could do a Trojan "White Out"!

Yeah, it would be about as effective as the "Red Out" last weekend. I wore my Red, and several other fans were also in red, but there were way too many "Casual fans" as we call them that probably didn't even know who we were playing, that just showed up to the game. The bigger schools, like PSU, know how to market these things to everyone, and the result was a completely white stadium.

TrojanWar
09-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Yeah, it would be about as effective as the "Red Out" last weekend. I wore my Red, and several other fans were also in red, but there were way too many "Casual fans" as we call them that probably didn't even know who we were playing, that just showed up to the game. The bigger schools, like PSU, know how to market these things to everyone, and the result was a completely white stadium.

It was not organized. The gameday shirts were white, so obviously Troy did not communicate the "Red-Out" to Screentech. You can't blame the fans on this one.

cheapguy2006
09-24-2007, 04:26 PM
I love all the people on here who think they know everything about inner workings of the athletic dept. when they actually have no clue.

Not to pick on Nice Trojans but contrary to belief, the contract with adidas DOES NOT "supply" the team with jerseys. They are bought WITH MONEY from adidias.

Also as for auctioning off last years jerseys, the home jerseys (worn by the team during the bowl game) were given to the players after the game as a momento of the season. If YOU think YOU are more deserving of the jerseys you are wrong. I don't care how much money you would have paid for it.

Which brings us to the next point... the reason we have new HOME shirts is b/c they were the only ones that needed replacing. There is no need in buying new jerseys everytime you turn around it is wasteful. We aren't UF of F$U or Bama. We don't have multi-million dollar contracts with apperal suppliers. So you can take your "act like a I-A program" comment and smoke it.

Lastly, the moral victory paychecks go to the athletic dept. and the school not just football.

So there you have it. The REAL story behind jerseys and other items.

Pcbtrojan
09-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Its Etoufee with a beignet and a coke. Actually don't know if I would have a beignet after all that but bananas foster with cafe-au lait would be nice.
Beignet's, the start of a healthy day in the Quarter served daily at the Cafe DuMonde.

cheapguy2006
09-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Its Etoufee with a beignet and a coke. Actually don't know if I would have a beignet after all that but bananas foster with cafe-au lait would be nice.
Beignet's, the start of a healthy day in the Quarter served daily at the Cafe DuMonde.

Eh, you got the point!

WHO DAT. Ive got my Saints gear on and pizza on order shortly. Let's hope we can get it done. (sorry we got off topic here... GEAUX SAINTS)

troyfan
09-24-2007, 04:57 PM
I love all the people on here who think they know everything about inner workings of the athletic dept. when they actually have no clue.

Not to pick on Nice Trojans but contrary to belief, the contract with adidas DOES NOT "supply" the team with jerseys. They are bought WITH MONEY from adidias.

Also as for auctioning off last years jerseys, the home jerseys (worn by the team during the bowl game) were given to the players after the game as a momento of the season. If YOU think YOU are more deserving of the jerseys you are wrong. I don't care how much money you would have paid for it.

Which brings us to the next point... the reason we have new HOME shirts is b/c they were the only ones that needed replacing. There is no need in buying new jerseys everytime you turn around it is wasteful. We aren't UF of F$U or Bama. We don't have multi-million dollar contracts with apperal suppliers. So you can take your "act like a I-A program" comment and smoke it.

Lastly, the moral victory paychecks go to the athletic dept. and the school not just football.

So there you have it. The REAL story behind jerseys and other items.

Well, since you seem to know the inner workings of the Troy athletic department, I think what Nice Trojan was saying was aution off the white jerseys, give the "home" jerseys to the team and use the money from the auction to buy new jerseys so they match. I don't think it was a holier than thou or I have too much money attitude. I thought that was a good fund raiser for the Troy fans. I'm sure an auction would raise enough money to buy both home and away jerseys. Just speaking from experience, since I have worked in professional athletics.

Hemi Man
09-24-2007, 05:04 PM

Why is everyone always blasting the "casual fan"? Troy's following has grown tremendously over the last few years. Don't you think that some of those people that are true fans started as "casual fans"? I was considering buying seasons tickets for next year for me and my family, but it appears that I would be trreated as an outsider because I didn't graduate from Troy or because I only go to 2 or 3 games a year right now.

cheapguy2006
09-24-2007, 05:17 PM
Why is everyone always blasting the "casual fan"? Troy's following has grown tremendously over the last few years. Don't you think that some of those people that are true fans started as "casual fans"? I was considering buying seasons tickets for next year for me and my family, but it appears that I would be trreated as an outsider because I didn't graduate from Troy or because I only go to 2 or 3 games a year right now.

I don't think that was his intention. I think what he was saying was it would be nice if the school would make a better effort to "get the word out" about the game being a cardinal-out. It seems as though when they try to do stuff like that it just kinda fizzles out mainly b/c people dont know about it. It may take time but eventually EVERYONE will wear cardinal to all games. Maybe a campaign on the jumbotron and other places with the message "real trojans wear cardinal" could get things started in that manner.

as for auctioning off the white jerseys, it could work. I don't know how much money was raised for the black out. It may not have worked as well as they would have hoped. I have bought serveral jeresys of minor league hockey teams through auctions and think its a great way to get a game-worn shirt but it may be something to look into.

Hemi Man
09-24-2007, 05:24 PM
I mayhave misunderstood the statement. If so I stand corrected. As far as getting the word out, I rarely hear anything about Troy here in Enterprise. What is the plan for this Saturday's game?

trojanforce
09-24-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm confused. Why would you change the home jerseys and not the away? That doesn't make any sense. At least you can read the home jerseys, but the white jerseys are just a red blur. WE as fans know what the words are but to non fans you can't make out the cartoon. I agree with the fan you mentioned we are div 1A. We can't low-budjet everything and if that expenditure will break the bank then we are in BAD shape and shouldn't have changed one without the other. I personally believe the white jerseys are going to change but they haven't received them yet.

trojanforce

cheapguy2006
09-24-2007, 08:55 PM
there is no need in replacing jerseys that don't need it. its a waste of money.

troyfan
09-24-2007, 09:09 PM
there is no need in replacing jerseys that don't need it. its a waste of money.

Don't argue with cheapguy. he works for the athletic department, or so he thinks.

TSUWhiner
09-24-2007, 11:08 PM
still doesnt give me points about why we still play in that dump of a arena called Sartain...that needs to be upgraded bad..and i would PONY up some money if they started a campaign..its almost as pathetic as Charles Henderson..wonder if the toilets work there?

Whiner

TrojanWar
09-25-2007, 09:10 AM
cheapguy can blast me all he wants. I could care less. I still stand by my statement that it is "cheap" to only replace one set of uni's. I don't care what conference we are in. If we want to move up one day, we've got to not only play with the big boys on the field, but we have to act like the big boys financially as well. Sure, uniforms are expensive. We all know this. The point is, either change them both, or leave them alone. It looks Bush League in my humble opinion.

ksdtrojan
09-25-2007, 09:16 AM
cheapguy can blast me all he wants. I could care less. I still stand by my statement that it is "cheap" to only replace one set of uni's. I don't care what conference we are in. If we want to move up one day, we've got to not only play with the big boys on the field, but we have to act like the big boys financially as well. Sure, uniforms are expensive. We all know this. The point is, either change them both, or leave them alone. It looks Bush League in my humble opinion.
I agree! The uniforms should be, well, uniform! You don't change one without changing both IMO!

cheapguy2006
09-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Don't argue with cheapguy. he works for the athletic department, or so he thinks.

actually I DID work for the athletic department and I happen to know quite well how things work in the equipement room and other aspects of the department so thanks for noticing.

ksdtrojan
09-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Crowe's special of the week!
From cheapguy's sig:

This weeks menu:
deep fried Lousyanna Warchicken, roll, fries, and sweet tea

Hey as long as you have the sauce everything is good!

TU Rob
09-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Crowe's special of the week!
From cheapguy's sig:

This weeks menu:
deep fried Lousyanna Warchicken, roll, fries, and sweet tea

Hey as long as you have the sauce everything is good!

Oh yeah. The legendary Crowe's sauce. I've got to go get me a basket of chicken livers sometime this weekend when I am down in Troy. I'll take the roll and fries as well, but I'll supply my own beverages.

Burn the Horse
09-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Crowe's secret sauce is like crack. MmmmmMmmmm...just can't get enough of that stuff. That's why I limit myself to one Crowe's day a week, can't turn in to a junkie.

cheapguy2006
09-25-2007, 03:30 PM
By popular demand..the signature has been changed

TU Rob
09-25-2007, 03:39 PM
By popular demand..the signature has been changed

Now my mouth is watering. I'm gonna have to drive over at lunch to get my fix on Saturday.

TrojanWar
09-25-2007, 04:11 PM
Now my mouth is watering. I'm gonna have to drive over at lunch to get my fix on Saturday.

Bring extra warchicken and sauce to the tailgate!