PDA

View Full Version : Mainor Reinstated to Troy Football Team

Troy_Nomad
09-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Just wanted some clarification as to what was meant by "the direction this topic was headed". The discussion was about the punishment of a member of the team.

Tums
09-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Just wanted some clarification as to what was meant by "the direction this topic was headed". The discussion was about the punishment of a member of the team.

It went from talking about KM to just posting about drugs.

BMarkey
09-20-2007, 11:21 AM
There were very few details released regarding the arrest. Nothing was said about a felony arrest, nor was there any mention of a sale or purchase.

That left everyone to, unfortunately, speculate and spread rumor.

Instances like this are why I always ask to see/read the probable cause affidavit, or at least to have the police release more details.

I can only assume Alabama does not have as open of a public records law as I am accustomed to or we would know these details. That's a shame.

Rette
09-20-2007, 11:23 AM
I hope Kenny Mainor has learned his lesson and will be focused on playing team football Saturday. I hope Mainor has a good game and his past can be put in the past.

formerlytsufan
09-20-2007, 12:34 PM

The topic went from talking about KM's suspension to talking about different degrees of drug arrests. The topic was headed nowhere, in my opinion.

Troy_Nomad
09-20-2007, 12:42 PM
I understand. My only concern was that it had been viewed almost 1,000 times and had been replied to 31 times in just a day and a half. It may not have been the most pleasant topic, but it seemed like something people had opinions on and wanted to talk about.

FHBrian
09-20-2007, 12:48 PM
It seemed like everyone had had their say and there wasn't any point in going back and forth about what happened when nobody had all the facts. No reason to dwell on it in my opinion. I would rather discuss the upcoming games and where we go from here not what has happened and is over and done with as far as Troy and the Athletic Dept. goes. Lets move on.

formerlytsufan
09-20-2007, 12:58 PM
I understand. My only concern was that it had been viewed almost 1,000 times and had been replied to 31 times in just a day and a half. It may not have been the most pleasant topic, but it seemed like something people had opinions on and wanted to talk about.

The topic was hot merely b/c everyone was clicking on it to find out the details behind the decision. The topic quickly went into an area (speculation) that it shouldn't.

BookstoreTrojan
09-21-2007, 03:30 PM
he still is listed as a backup anyway but hopefully he can make an impact

Troy87
09-21-2007, 06:29 PM
The thread was most likely closed not just because of the topic, but because there was mis-understanding and mixing of information that was creating mis-information and untrue statements.

Mainor was not the one mentioned as being charged with a felony and intent to distribute. Someone had posted that info about the Arkansas player who was suspended right before our game with them for those things, and he was only suspended for one game.

The thread became a rumor mill and discussion of untruths, regarding Mainor, and this board cannont be viewed as a source of creating false info, particularly about one of our own players.

This subject needs to be halted. Let this thread die, or we will close it again. Any discussion of the drug issue as it relates to law should be taken up elsewhere.

DrewPeacock
09-22-2007, 12:08 AM
ok i wont say anything else about it. ;)