PDA

View Full Version : RV parking...

TrojanRV
09-19-2007, 09:51 AM
I am planning to bring my RV down for homecoming this year and was wondering if anyone could provide any info or tips for RV tailgating on campus. I will be arriving Friday night.

I was told by campus police to park on Collegedale but they really didn't have any good information.

So, any info or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks & Go Trojans.

trojanred
09-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Please whateve you do do not block the road like some of the rvs. Every weekend of a game it is a gauntlet going down Colledgedale toward George Wallace. Maybe if enough traffic incidents occur and/or people complain to the PD then something will be done. There are plenty of parking lots and the cheapos who use the street instead of paying some dough for a legitimate parking space are endangering the drivers and passengers trying to get down the street. I find it ironic that if a car parks like that they get towed or a boot on the ride, but if you have an rv you get a pass. Just a vent, sorry for rambling but that always ticked me off as a student.

TroyTuba
09-19-2007, 11:12 AM
If you haven't "bought" one of the spots inside of the actual lot, you probably will have to park on Collegedale......

TrojanRV
09-19-2007, 11:20 AM
Well, the only lot that I know of that is a pay lot for RVs is already full and from what the Campus PD told me those spots are paid for yearly so I don't think I can get in there for just the one game.

The PD did recommend parking on the right side of Collegedale as that side of the road is designated for gameday parking but I wasn't sure if there were any better options or anyone on here who regularly tailgates w/an RV at Troy that could suggest or recommend anything.

TroyTuba
09-19-2007, 11:25 AM
I haven't seen any other places where you would want to or where they would even let you. If you get in early enough, I think they have a limited number of hook-ups right next to Collegedale so you would still get cable, power, and water (I think).

Burn the Horse
09-19-2007, 11:27 AM
I don't know for sure, but you might try calling Collegedale Church of Christ. They might allow RVs to park in their parking lot for a small fee. Just a thought.

TroyTuba
09-19-2007, 11:29 AM
You may also be able to park at the Armory (sp?), I know people tailgate over there so you may be able to park an RV there too.

ThePowerMan
09-20-2007, 09:49 AM
With the growth of TroJan football I think this is a real issue. I would like to bring my RV up but never have due to the issue of having nowhere to park. I can't make RVing to every game but I would like to do so a couple of games a year. I wouldn't mind paying allittle fee to park at a Church or somewhere.

I think this may be an issue with many other people also. Who needs to step forward on this?

TrojanRV
09-20-2007, 10:01 AM
I concur. I think if the program continues to grow and attendance increases there will be a possible need for more organized RV parking for tailgating around the campus in the future. I would think most people would not have a problem paying a reasonable fee to park in a regulated parking setup for RVs.

ThePowerMan
09-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Just sell me power so I don't have to listen to the noisy generator. I can handle the rest.

TrojanRV
09-20-2007, 11:07 AM
I hear ya....I can't stand it when people leave their external generators out for others to deal w/while they keep it far enough away from themselves...please put a wood box around it and don't punish me w/your loud generator....I'm thankful to have an insulated internal generator that is very noise efficient...

BMarkey
09-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Get a Honda! It's amazing how quiet (and expensive) they are. I see them on boats down here all the time.

I question how Troy sells the RV spots. I once tried to get a spot for a visiting team fan and was told they were not available. Yet, there were all kinds of spaces in the RV area that and in subsequent weekends.

I didn't get a good look at Sartain field on Friday night (the perimeter certainly was packed, - more packed than I have ever seen, not to mention car parking down George Wallace toward U.S. 231). Was the RV area packed, or pretty open as usual?

I was later told Troy sold a certain number of spaces and that was it. Apparently, the number was not dependent on space.

Huh?

Why not fill every legitimate space at Sartain field with RVs, even if they do not have electricity or water? Maximize the revenue.

TrojanRV
09-20-2007, 12:01 PM
I agree. If the lot is not full charge a reasonable fee and fill it up. It is not hard to make it through a weekend w/out hook-ups. So, those w/out hook-ups could easily make it through the weekend and thus keep that RV area full and bring in additional revenue.

Yes, I was told those spots are sold by the season and there are no single game parking passes for that lot.

I guess I'll just have to take my chances when I come down that Friday night that I'll be able to find decent parking along Collegedale as I've been instructed and hopefully I can get far enough to the right so that my driver side slide isn't too far out into the roadway.