PDA

View Full Version : Eugene Kinlaw

ksdtrojan
01-19-2007, 08:36 PM
***Eugene Kinlaw (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=363&p=8&c=1&nid=2911356)...Medium Interest

I am not sure if Troy is planning on offering Eugene but he would add some major depth and talent to the DT position. He is a monster against the run. He may have some academic issues (not sure) but he can play ball and Boris Lee may can help recruit him also. I am not sure if Troy has the scholarship to offer but it would be beneficial to get Eugene to sign.

CattouseFan
01-24-2007, 01:58 AM
By John Marchant
GAVSV.com
Posted Jan 23, 2007

Clinch County three-star defensive lineman Eugene Kinlaw will be taking an official visit to Athens this weekend. After picking up a nice list of offers, Kinlaw is still in the process of weighing his options.

No doubt about it, Eugene Kinlaw has the size, talent and potential to play at the next level. However, his academic status has raised questions about which school he will be attending this fall.

"I'm probably going to a junior college," said Kinlaw. "Right now, I'm just working hard trying to get my grades right."

Kinlaw currently holds offers from schools such as Troy, Mississippi State, Arkansas and several smaller schools. He has interest from several other schools including the University of Georgia. In fact, Georgia invited the 6-foot-4, 285-pound prospect to Athens for an official visit on January 26th.

"I'm going up to Georgia this weekend," Kinlaw said. "Their coaches want to talk to me and see where I stand academically. They said I may have to go to a prep school or I could go to Hargrave (a military academy in Chatham, Virginia). "

Georgia will be the first of two official visits for Kinlaw. He will take an official visit to Troy on February 2nd.

Which school does Kinlaw favor with national signing day just around the corner?

"I can't say right now. I'm still undecided," he said.

Kinlaw had 54 tackles, 12 tackles for loss and seven sacks as a senior. He is a good athlete who is surprisingly quick and able to consistently penetrate the opponent's backfield .

Check back with GAVSV.com for more updates on Clinch County defensive tackle Eugene Kinlaw.

Navarre Trojan
01-24-2007, 11:55 AM
to get his high school grades up, I think that Jr. College is probably the best thing for him. Give him an opportunity to understand the demands of football and classroom. Unfortunately we do a very poor job in teaching/coaching our athletic students that there is a price you pay to be eligible for athletic scholarships in high school and that is with attention in the classroom and the fact that it is so much easier and cheaper than the price you may have to pay in college. We just don't seem to get the 'study' thing together all the time. Some kids get it, others don't, and many just don't see the significance in doing their school work so it goes like this, "Hi, my name is Flash and I am the starting Halfback for the Dillon Panthers, can I get an acceptable SAT score?"... Then, the good ones, end up after their freshman or soph years, signing with the Pearl River Mudcats of the American Association of Arena Football League. A. A. A. F. L. - Sounds like Mel Tillis trying to make a Whataburger commercial.

ksdtrojan
01-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Navarre, you are correct. Eugene will probably go the JUCO route or prep school route (Hargrave). I talked to the coach today and he said that Troy called yesterday to offer Eugene a scholarship probably a grey shirt.