PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Butler?

ktthebrick
12-28-2006, 10:36 PM
Has anyone heard about a kid named Rudy Butler transferring from a JuCo in Kansas to play at Troy in 2007? If it is true, then get ready for some excitement Trojan fans. I followed him in his high school career, and while you will have to live with the occasional negative yardage play, this kid has outstanding speed. He was heavily recruited by UGA, and he will remind you of the FSU players of the Peter Warrick type mold. He is a little smaller, but he can be electric.

TSUWhiner
12-28-2006, 10:37 PM
what is he? RB? HB? QB?

jt45
12-29-2006, 12:57 AM
What JUCO is he from?

socrgoly25
12-29-2006, 09:55 AM
The only Rudy Butler I've found is from Hutchinson Community College in Kansas.

3 Rudy Butler DB 6'1 190 Fr. Vidalia, Ga.

Couldn't find anything on scout or rivals. Maybe Cattousefan will take the lead on this.

CattouseFan
12-29-2006, 10:23 AM
I've done some looking around and I didn't find much at all. Hopefully ktthebrick can further explain who this is, and what his interest is in Troy.

jt45
12-29-2006, 12:23 PM
I've done some looking around and I didn't find much at all. Hopefully ktthebrick can further explain who this is, and what his interest is in Troy.
If he's a freshman this season, then he would have to be a high school qualifier that chose to go JUCO in order for him to come to Troy next season. He may be 2 years away for us, thats why we aren't hearing anything.

ktthebrick
12-29-2006, 04:47 PM
Rudy Butler is from Vidalia, GA. In high school, he played RB, and also lined up at times as a slot receiver. In addition, he returned kicks and punts. I am from the Vidalia area, and saw him play many times. I believe that the 2006 season was his first at the Kansas JuCo.
By the way, I have a vested interest in Troy. I am a graduate of "good ole T-roy" and am an avid fan and supporter.
Hope this clears up some of the questions.

ktthebrick
12-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Sorry- I forgot to add that Butler also played DB in high school. He was much more effective on the offensive side, however. I will add, though, that any time he got a pick, it was exciting to watch him operate in traffic.