PDA

View Full Version : Now the bad news

TROJANPRIDE
12-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Man what a win. But next year what are we going to do?The defensive side is set but what are we going to do on the offensive line. Chris Jamison is the only returning starter. And while I hear he has the potential to be a great player at Troy he cant play by himself. So what are we goin to do at that spot. And what about Smokey Hampton and Toris Ruthledge. I know Omar had a good game but that was the WHOLE OFFENSE WHIPPIN RICE. So what are we goin to do now that they are gone. While i have faith in the recieving corps I am not sure about the O-LINE. We need 4 jucos that can come in and give Jameison some help or we will be dead.

Nice Trojan
12-24-2006, 08:03 PM
I believe we have a couple of JUCO commits on the O-Line. As for receivers and recruiting in general, I think TF will go get the players he wants and needs. I have been impressed with Andrew Davis this year. TF went and asked him to walk on. Look at how good he has been all year. Plus Cornelius will have a larger role in the offense and a few other receivers from this years recruiting class. I think that we should have a very good recruiting class and the coaches will have them ready to defend the SB crown and the NO Bowl. The main problem is everyone will be aiming for the target we have on our back. This target was placed there on Friday night. We will probably be favored to win the conference next year, and you see how well the favorites always do. Not too good.

socrgoly25
12-24-2006, 08:20 PM
During the season, all you would hear from the majority of complainers on the board was how weak our current line is, and now everyone is singing their praises. Funny how things work out huh?

Anyways, we shouldn't be that bad off. We are now getting people that fit the system we are running.

The line should have Jamison, Tim Ward, Windham Rotunda, and Mark Cogburn starting on it. Jamison has experience as many well know. Rotunda and Cogburn have worked on the same line before. Ward has worked with Haugabook. So in many ways, that is something to remain optimistic about for next year.

As far as wide receiver goes, I believe that next year will be better than this year's unit. Banks, Terry, C. Williams, Bray, Davis, Silvoy, Kenard Burton, Stanley Jones......the list goes on and on and on. We will not be hurting on this side of the ball for a long time. If anything, expect more consistency, more points, and more UPSETS!

Message to the SEC in 2007.........FEAR THE TROJAN!

formerlytsufan
12-24-2006, 10:41 PM
I believe we have a couple of JUCO commits on the O-Line. As for receivers and recruiting in general, I think TF will go get the players he wants and needs. I have been impressed with Andrew Davis this year. TF went and asked him to walk on. Look at how good he has been all year. Plus Cornelius will have a larger role in the offense and a few other receivers from this years recruiting class. I think that we should have a very good recruiting class and the coaches will have them ready to defend the SB crown and the NO Bowl. The main problem is everyone will be aiming for the target we have on our back. This target was placed there on Friday night. We will probably be favored to win the conference next year, and you see how well the favorites always do. Not too good.

Patrick Cherry should factor into the rotation next year. He was a special teams player this year but was recruited as a WR.

ksdtrojan
12-24-2006, 11:38 PM
As far as the O-line, don't forget we have Matt Moore to coach whoever plays on the line at Troy. He is a great teacher. The JUCOS will add the experience while we should get a few HS O-linemen to come in for depth.

socrgoly25
12-25-2006, 12:20 AM
As far as the O-line, don't forget we have Matt Moore to coach whoever plays on the line at Troy. He is a great teacher. The JUCOS will add the experience while we should get a few HS O-linemen to come in for depth.

Very good point. Probably the biggest difference maker down the stretch was the coaching in every aspect.

Another thought, doesn't it feel good to be on top again??? In 1AA, did we ever look back after making it to the top? The sky's the limit now! Let's go get'em next year.

1)Winning record-CHECK!
2)Conference Championship-CHECK!
3)Bowl Victory-CHECK!
4)The End of Moral Victories-STAY TUNED IN 2007!

jt45
12-25-2006, 12:36 AM
Don't forget about Will Chambliss on the offensive line, he should factor in.

At wide reciever, someone mentioned Patrick Cherry and I believe we are still high on him. Williams and Silvoy should play large roles along with Clarence Denmark and we might actually be able to get something out of Gerald Tate in 07.

I would think our starters at the skill positions will be Davis, Terry, Cornelius and Banks. The others will step up to fill the roles the new starters played this past season. Also don't discount us grabbing a few JUCO's or some high school kids that can make an impact. The future is bright for the TROJANS!!

CardinalBlackTrojan
12-25-2006, 12:58 AM
We should be better next year than we were this year. Maybe we will pull a Rutgers. They ended their season 7-5 in 2005, and then they came out of nowhere and busted a 10-2 record for their 2006 season, including national championship talk.

socrgoly25
12-25-2006, 01:21 AM
We should be better next year than we were this year. Maybe we will pull a Rutgers. They ended their season 7-5 in 2005, and then they came out of nowhere and busted a 10-2 record for their 2006 season, including national championship talk.

Pretty much forget the national championship talk. I prefer to shoot for a Boise State comparison. Let's go undefeated and REALLY mess up the BCS. Can you imagine everyone's opinion on the thing when the computers allow a lowly Sun Belt team into the spotlight?

I can dream.

CHughes1102
12-25-2006, 01:44 AM
Pretty much forget the national championship talk. I prefer to shoot for a Boise State comparison. Let's go undefeated and REALLY mess up the BCS. Can you imagine everyone's opinion on the thing when the computers allow a lowly Sun Belt team into the spotlight?

I can dream.

If we go undefeated we would be ranked alot higher than Boise State because they didn't play anybody good.

jt45
12-25-2006, 01:46 AM
If we go undefeated we would be ranked alot higher than Boise State because they didn't play anybody good.
We go undefeated next year with that schedule and we're in the top 10, maybe top 5.

socrgoly25
12-25-2006, 01:53 AM
We go undefeated next year with that schedule and we're in the top 10, maybe top 5.

Maybe OOC, but face it, playing a conference schedule of teams with given rankings in the 100s, in no way do we get that much respect.

I love the Sun Belt.......just not going to be an accomplished reality if we go undefeated because of the conference we're in.

Nice Trojan
12-25-2006, 05:35 AM
If for some oddball reason we go undefeated next year, it will include a major upset at Florida. I am pretty sure if Florida wins or loses VS Ohio State, they are going to be preseason #1 next year. They were supposed to be rebuilding this year and look where they are. We will definitly get some major pub and a ranking if we pull off those upsets at Arky and UF. Then if we stayed undefeated, I don't think we drop down. We would slowly crawl up. Maybe finish in the top 15. But i dont think we would get any respect, regardless of our OOC games.

WE CAN DREAM, AFTER ALL, IT IS CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Trojan2003
12-25-2006, 08:59 AM
Also don't discount us grabbing a few JUCO's or some high school kids that can make an impact. The future is bright for the TROJANS!!
Kenard Burton (WR, ***, Dodge City) should be an impact player next year. I hope he will sign his LOI soon.

We will have a great OL next year. Our new recruits are very talented players from Top Juco programs:

Rotunda (OG) *** - Visalia, CA

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/WINDHAMROTUNDA12_22150.JPG

Cogburn (OT) ** - Visalia, CA

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/MARKCOGBURN12_22150.JPG

Ward (OG, or Center?) ** - Dodge City, KS

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/TIMWARD8_31150.JPG

and hopefully:

Moala (OT) *** - El Camino, CA

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/38/385453m.jpg

TROJANPRIDE
12-25-2006, 10:01 AM
These JUCO recruits are all good but we have no idea what they are like until they get here.They could be total busts. And besides I saw one of them play and no ones even talkin about him. Dion Small from GMC is a beast and if any one of them will start next year it will be him.Also how does Franks look. I saw him play a little in the bowl game and he gave up a sack is he ready?

jt45
12-25-2006, 10:13 AM
These JUCO recruits are all good but we have no idea what they are like until they get here.They could be total busts. And besides I saw one of them play and no ones even talkin about him. Dion Small from GMC is a beast and if any one of them will start next year it will be him.Also how does Franks look. I saw him play a little in the bowl game and he gave up a sack is he ready?
Franks was less than stellar this season in limited playing time.

TroyOi
12-25-2006, 11:34 AM
I don't trust JUCO lineman, I've seen many come through here in the last 5 years, and the only one that ever worked out was Junior Louissant... so until we have a better percentage I say stick to HS school linemen that were actually good enough and smart enough to get recruited out of high school.

kiwan
12-25-2006, 08:05 PM
I hope all 3 of those guys take a shower before they get here, man! Seriously, our receivers and RB's should be much improved from this year:)

troyfan
12-26-2006, 01:30 PM
I am not concerned at all about the offensive side of the ball. Troy implemented an entirely new offense this year, so averyone was "a rookie" this year. Even with losing the entire line it should not be hard to replace them.

TheSound
12-26-2006, 02:27 PM
Omar is going to be back next year right?? i mean, he is just a junior

jt45
12-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Omar is going to be back next year right?? i mean, he is just a junior
Yes, Omar will be back as far as anyone knows.

jt45
12-26-2006, 02:45 PM
Yes, Omar will be back as far as anyone knows.
Does anyone have the vitals on the 3 OL commits we have plus the new commit Deon Small? I'm just wondering what our OL is going to look like size wise for next year with Jamison factored in also.

formerlytsufan
12-26-2006, 02:54 PM
Does anyone have the vitals on the 3 OL commits we have plus the new commit Deon Small? I'm just wondering what our OL is going to look like size wise for next year with Jamison factored in also.

Do you mean vitals as in BP, pulse, etc.? Not sure about those....just kidding!

Here are the vitals for the 2 OL and 1 WR that is expected to sign ....

Rotunda - http://www.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=49926

Cogburn - http://www.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=50228

Burton - http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=55877

There is a third OL expected to sign as well as Small from Georgia Military.

jt45
12-26-2006, 03:23 PM
LT-Cogburn (6-4/270)
LG-Jamison (6-3/285)
C-
RG-Rotunda (6-3/310)
RT-

Small is 6-3/295
Tim Ward is 6-4/305
Will Chambliss is 6-6/292

I'm sure we've got a few others that will come in, plus a few other guys that are already on the roster. But this is pretty much what we've got to work with.

FWB Trojan
12-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Don't forget about Tulsa transfer Rod Foster, Zach Marcum, Josh Allen, and Fred Turner. Sean Dawkins will also be back as well.

jt45
12-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Don't forget about Tulsa transfer Rod Foster, Zach Marcum, Josh Allen, and Fred Turner. Sean Dawkins will also be back as well.
The biggest player we will be getting off a redshirt year will be Sherrod Martin.

Troy1993
12-26-2006, 06:39 PM
Keep in mind, in this sytem, linemen are typically smaller compared to the power offenses.