PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans Bowl Preview

cusafanstbr
12-14-2006, 07:53 PM
How's it goin' Trojans? I just thought I'd share a preview of your New Orleans Bowl match-up with Rice from an unofficial Conference USA site.

http://www.cusa-fans.com

Best of luck to y'all in New Orleans! Have fun and be safe if you travel to the Big Easy!:)

TUrocks
12-14-2006, 11:04 PM
That's a pretty well written article, even though the final prediction won't turn out to be very accurate.

Rice is giving up 200 yards rushing per game??? Bring out "the Moooose!!!"

cusafanstbr
12-14-2006, 11:28 PM
Best of luck to you and your Trojans. I have followed them since their years in I-AA where they played Appalachian State in the playoffs when the Mountaineers had quarterback Joe Burchette....I think.

TUrocks
12-15-2006, 12:14 AM
Best of luck to you and your Trojans. I have followed them since their years in I-AA where they played Appalachian State in the playoffs when the Mountaineers had quarterback Joe Burchette....I think.

You're very welcome....I'm assuming you wrote the article. Nicely done. Thanks for your support. :)

Hector
12-15-2006, 07:46 AM
Pretty good analysis. I think the outcome will be different, however (at least I hope so!)

TSU-Baggs
12-17-2006, 12:03 AM
We need to make sure our players see this part of the article. Nothing better than having this posted in the locker room to get them fired up for the game!

Final Prediction
This will be an entertaining game to watch. There should be plenty of points scored, but Rice will cap its tremendous turnaround with a win in its first bowl game in 45 years.

The playmaking ability of Rice's Jarett Dillard and the Owls' ability to win the close games will be the difference. Dillard will post 150 or more yards receiving and make the most of his opportunity to showcase himself to the nation.

For Troy to win, they must prevent the turnovers that have led to their struggles this season and find a way to get some pressure on quarterback Chase Clement or whoever is taking the snaps for Rice.

It will also help if they can get a strong rushing performance by "The Moose" against an Owls' run defense that is giving up nearly 200 yards per game on the ground.

Rice 34 - Troy 24

by Thomas "Bubba" Rosenbaum -
CUSA-fans.com Football Staff Writer