PDA

View Full Version : CBS Sportsline message board talk.

Vegastrojan
12-12-2006, 06:56 PM
This was on the CBS Sportsline message board to the Dodd character they have that rights for them.

I thought it was rather funny.

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9864841

Dec 12, 2006 8:28 am
I quote Pete Fiutak in this weeks Cavalcade of Whimsy: "no one’s forcing you to watch every bowl game. If you’d really rather see the latest episode of CSI: Duluth or the leggy Deal or No Deal chicks, no one’s stopping you. Some of us do have to watch, and care, about San Jose State vs. New Mexico and Rice vs. Troy. Don’t ruin it for us."

I agree. I am not a degenerate gambler, but i do happen to like Football. You are supposed to like football too you BCS honk, thats what you get paid for (god i hate that you get paid for it you incompitent...), but you spend your time telling people which games are wothless. I can't wait to see Rice's first bowl game since the Kennedy Administration. I'm stoked about Middle Tenn's first ever bowl game. I see nothing wrong with watching the losers of the Conference USA and MAC championship games play one another. I LIKE FOOTBALL YOU HACK!! quit telling me that I'm not supposed to.

Then again... Dood is assiging miniature footballs as a rating system and I'm taking it seriously? I just don't happen to agree that i should care less about two teams who are more stoked about their bowl games than ones who wished they were someplace else.

Buzz Lightyear
12-12-2006, 09:49 PM
There are a good many people who will be out in bars or at restaurants and with friends on Friday the 22nd and the TV will be on to the only game on. Yes thats right the Troy vs. Rice game and just maybe they will watch a tad. It is the first bowl in the Superdome since Katrina and the first bowl Rice (an academic school) has been in since the door knob was invented. So just maybe there will be a few standing or sitting around who will glance up and watch Leodis or Omar or others and just maybe they will enjoy what they see and that is going to have a bigger share than the three bowl nights etc. Troy can make an impression due to several reasons and a good many are because we will have a semi captive audience. We probably will be on 10 or more Beef O Brady screens at a time. So even if the pundits declare the NO bowl to have a certain Lunesta quaility, most football fans and the occasional fan will go to sleep that night or the next morning with having seen that boring Troy Rice game. So step it up guys your literally the only show in town. That type of opportunity only comes along once in blue moon.