PDA

View Full Version : SunBelt Players of the Week

Nice Trojan
12-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Offensive Player of the Week

Omar Haugabook (Troy, Jr., QB)

Rushed for a career-high 111 yards and threw for a pair of touchdowns in the Trojans 26-13 victory over Florida International to clinch a share of the Sun Belt title as well as a berth in the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl. Haugabook became the first Troy quarterback to rush for more than 100 yards in a game since Jeremy Rowell ran for 109 yards on 15 carries against Northeast Louisiana (now Louisiana-Monroe) on October 7, 1995. Haugabook finished the game at FIU with 111 yards on 11 rush attempts. Despite passing for a season-low 53 yards, Haugabook had TD passes of 8 and 13 yards in the game.

Special Teams Player of the Week

Leodis McKelvin (Troy, Jr., RS)

Scored the Trojansí first points with a 48-yard punt return for a TD, the fourth punt return for a score in his career. Finished the game with three punt returns for 66 yards and one kickoff return for 18. Was also credited with five tackles in the game.

TU/JSU Fan
12-04-2006, 07:13 PM
I didn't realize that Omar had 53 yards passing..

Wow.. FIU really does have a good pass defense.

Michael

socrgoly25
12-04-2006, 07:35 PM
I didn't realize that Omar had 53 yards passing..

Wow.. FIU really does have a good pass defense.

Michael

I don't know how many, but we had quite a few drops, but they did bat down a few that I didn't think anyone would be able to knock down. Pretty good pass defense.

littlebittyschool
12-04-2006, 07:45 PM
I wonder when they'll do the all-conference teams and POY stuff and Coach of the year?

socrgoly25
12-04-2006, 07:50 PM
I wonder when they'll do the all-conference teams and POY stuff and Coach of the year?

I would make Haugabook player of the year, and MTSU's Stockstill CoY.

TU/JSU Fan
12-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Omar probably will get Offensive POY. MTSU's coach will (should) win COY. Not sure about Defensive POY. In all actuality someone from FIU may win that.

Michael

socrgoly25
12-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Not sure about Defensive POY. In all actuality someone from FIU may win that.

If only Boris Lee had played all year. Can you imagine the numbers he would have had?

TU/JSU Fan
12-04-2006, 08:26 PM
good point.. Boris should/could be newcomer of the year.. Might not be.

He will be on the all freshmen team.

Michael

ksdtrojan
12-05-2006, 11:55 AM
From the looks of last year's announcement the release should be tomorrow! Troy should have better representation this year.

formerlytsufan
12-05-2006, 12:12 PM
good point.. Boris should/could be newcomer of the year.. Might not be.

He will be on the all freshmen team.

Michael

Omar should be Newcomer of the Year and Stockstill should be Coach of the Year.