PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Watchibility rankings -

Trojan1998
12-04-2006, 12:31 PM
This guy isn't giving us too much love but when you're a member of the Sunbelt, this is about as good as we can expect.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/orl-colinsider0406dec04,0,1761705.story?coll=tf-main-sports

Nice Trojan
12-04-2006, 03:16 PM
At least were not last.

Tom Green
12-04-2006, 03:23 PM
At least we're ahead of Alabama. :D

TrojanWar
12-04-2006, 03:25 PM
At least we're ahead of Alabama. :D

...and MTSU.

NWFL Trojan
12-04-2006, 03:30 PM
and two conference USA bowls

BlueRaiderPride
12-04-2006, 05:24 PM
...and MTSU.

Because Rice going to a bowl game is like the second coming of Christ. It only comes once and you may never see it again after it does. That's why they rated the NO Bowl so high. It still has the least payout of any bowl. :P

TroyBear
12-04-2006, 05:30 PM
At least there is a payout. My last check said Motor City was a stack of tickets your school has to sell. NO PAYOUT FOR YOU!!!

TrojanWar
12-04-2006, 05:39 PM
Because Rice going to a bowl game is like the second coming of Christ. It only comes once and you may never see it again after it does. That's why they rated the NO Bowl so high. It still has the least payout of any bowl. :P

Spin it however you want. I would much rather be playing Rice than Central Michigan. There was a time in history that Rice was a decent football program. Has Central Michigan ever been considered "good?" I'm not knocking your bowl, but I honestly think the national perception is that Troy and Rice will be a better game than MTSU and directional Michigan.

blueraider74
12-05-2006, 04:28 AM
One of the Mich papers reported that there isn't a payout, but I'm not convinced. Why would the Big Televen sign a tie-in with a bowl with no payout? This source right <a href="http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2006/11/29/bowls">here</a> says that the payout is 750,000. I'd rather be playing Rice too, only because my brother went there. Overall, it's much better for MTSU to be playing in the Motor City bowl because we're playing MAC #1 instead of CUSA #3, it's on ESPN instead of ESPN2, and the time slot is far better.

pelliott
12-05-2006, 07:15 AM
and Colder

Navarre Trojan
12-05-2006, 07:40 AM
One of the Mich papers reported that there isn't a payout, but I'm not convinced. Why would the Big Televen sign a tie-in with a bowl with no payout? This source right <a href="http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2006/11/29/bowls">here</a> says that the payout is 750,000. I'd rather be playing Rice too, only because my brother went there. Overall, it's much better for MTSU to be playing in the Motor City bowl because we're playing MAC #1 instead of CUSA #3, it's on ESPN instead of ESPN2, and the time slot is far better.

Mr. Raider74. We are the only show in town on Friday night, Christmas Weekend, I am thinking that is a pretty good night. In the past, you may have been right, but now that it is later, I think we are in a position to several things. These two teams can each drive to the game, which should really boost attendance. It is on the weekend and ample opportunity to stay in New Orleans or the surrounding area, OR, make it a day trip. It is only about 5 hours from Houston and about the same from Troy (maybe a bit longer) which makes it more affordable for everyone.

I wish you and the MTSU bunch the best of luck. Having two teams represent the Sun Belt is a good thing, no matter what. I hope you sell your entire allotment of tickets and take a bunch of folks with you.

goe1975
12-05-2006, 08:48 AM

I thought the Papajohns.com Bowl has less payout.

Nice Trojan
12-05-2006, 09:46 AM

Payout schmayout - we still beat MTSU this year.

blueraider74
12-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Mr. Raider74. We are the only show in town on Friday night, Christmas Weekend, I am thinking that is a pretty good night. In the past, you may have been right, but now that it is later, I think we are in a position to several things. These two teams can each drive to the game, which should really boost attendance. It is on the weekend and ample opportunity to stay in New Orleans or the surrounding area, OR, make it a day trip. It is only about 5 hours from Houston and about the same from Troy (maybe a bit longer) which makes it more affordable for everyone.

I wish you and the MTSU bunch the best of luck. Having two teams represent the Sun Belt is a good thing, no matter what. I hope you sell your entire allotment of tickets and take a bunch of folks with you.

Right, I didn't say that the NOB was a bad thing for anyone. Everything has worked out the best way it possibly could have for both of our schools and the conference. Rice is a tiny little school, and even with close proximity to Houston, Troy fans will vastly outnumber Rice fans. Take a look at Rice Stadium... Rice does not have enough students and alumni, living or dead, to fill their own stadium. If our positions were switched, it would be harder for you guys to get to Detroit, as we're the northernmost football school in the SBC. Even though I would have preferred to win the SB title outright, it would have been us in the NOB, and everyone else stays home. Like the old UNT days. This is far better. You guys will have little problem beating the Owls, easily twice as many fans, and your marching band is light years ahead of the MOB. Seriously, they don't even have freaking uniforms!