PDA

View Full Version : Difference Between REAL DI Fans And Pretend DI Fans

WeSuck.com
12-02-2006, 08:45 AM
LSU has yet to receive an invitation to the Rose Bowl, but as of Friday afternoon, there already were 42,600 Tigers fans with Pasadena plans on New Year's Day.

That's how many advance Rose tickets LSU fans bought in anticipation of receiving the official bid to the BCS bowl on Sunday. LSU officials finally had to cut off sales because the Rose couldn't guarantee any more tickets.

TMTDM will never match LSU in numbers (real numbers not our UOP numbers Hector and Dear Leader like to imagine), it's the attitude that we have trouble matching. Scale-wise we should have 10,000 people at the game on December 22nd (if our defense decides to play tonight). We will be lucky to have 426 people in New Orleans.

Our marketing efforts blow. Although this bowl game is not "half way around the world", tickets will probably go on sale next Friday.
Our students su<k. I saw thousands of students at the MAC and CUSA championship games. I am willing to bet a few MIGHT show up in New Orleans.
And our Alumni are running around town wearing Aubie or Bama gear Christmas shopping for Ma and Pa.

The only fans Troy has are the losers that troll this board - all 45 of us.

bigguyonright
12-02-2006, 09:25 AM
oh ye of little faith. im assuming you werent at the middle tennessee game. i thought the group of six i took would be the only ones there, and much to my surprise there were well over whaht i was expecting. all of the faithfuls including myself will be there in nawlins. we will draw more than you think.

TU/JSU Fan
12-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Wesuck...

I still wonder why in the world you complain about Troy's numbers and comparing us to UoP. You wish Troy had the numbers of UoP. I have said it many times on this board that UoP has over 100,000 students. Imagine the athletic budget Troy could have with over 100,000 student worldwide. It does not matter if students in China even have a clue that we have a football team, but they are helping fund it.

You act like we should be a 6,000 student school and act like we shouldn't ever publish 30,000 student numbers. It makes no sense to me why you complain about it. I like your posts usually, but every time you complain about distance learning and world wide numbers it honestly just pisses me off because I know how much money that part of the University brings in. I will guarantee you this: Troy would not be IA in Football right now without Distance Learning and the rest of the world wide campuses. Distance Learning alone brings in MILLIONS of dollars in revenue because of the 'limited' cost and enormous amount of tuition it brings in.

Complain all you want, but without acting like 'UoP' Troy wouldn't be halfway where it is now.

Michael

TrojanHoarse
12-02-2006, 03:59 PM
TMTDM will never match LSU in numbers (real numbers not our UOP numbers Hector and Dear Leader like to imagine), it's the attitude that we have trouble matching. Scale-wise we should have 10,000 people at the game on December 22nd (if our defense decides to play tonight). We will be lucky to have 426 people in New Orleans.

Our marketing efforts blow. Although this bowl game is not "half way around the world", tickets will probably go on sale next Friday.
Our students su<k. I saw thousands of students at the MAC and CUSA championship games. I am willing to bet a few MIGHT show up in New Orleans.
And our Alumni are running around town wearing Aubie or Bama gear Christmas shopping for Ma and Pa.

The only fans Troy has are the losers that troll this board - all 45 of us.

Let me agree and disagree:

LSU - not only did they sell that many tickets fro the Rose Bowl, but also for the Orange Bowl, the Capital One Bowl and every other bowl the AD thought was possible three weeks ago. They sent a form to every season-ticket holder (stadium seats close to 100,000 most of them season tickets) with all the bowls, you checked off all the ones you agreed to purchase if LSU went and you put your credit card info on it and faxed it in. They sold over the allotment for EVERY POTENTIAL bowl, all they have to do is press a key on the computer and all those credit cards will be billed within minutes of learning which bowl they are in. They are even bragging that the reason they did it this way was so they could go to Bowl Committees, like the Rose Bowl, and say "We already sold every seat you have" - pretty freakin powerful argument since that is what Bowl Committees care the most about.

LSU Students have to buy season tickets for the student section, and they have a ranking system so upperclassmen get first take. By the time it gets to Sophomores and Freshman they have to use a lottery to determine who gets tickets and few Freshmen ever get tickets. For students to buy a Bowl Ticket they have to earn points by attending football games (especially away games). The points determine the order for selling student tickets to bowl games. Supply never meets demand for LSU Football games. I can only dream that TROY will experience this sort of demand some day.

Enrollment: Let me reiterate what others are saying: TROY makes a PROFIT from the off-campus enrollment, builds a broader alumni support network and uses its overseas ties to broaden the horizons of its faculty and the opportunities for its students. This is the model of the future for successful higher education for a school TROY's size in a state that won't fund higher education. Even though state-funding has become anemic, the University can grow because of this stream of profit from off-campus enrollment. Love it or demean it, but you wouldn't have the construction and growth on the main campus if TROY didn't make profit elsewhere to pay for it. Better facilities leads to better recruitment, so even the football team benefits in the long run.

TU/JSU Fan
12-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Thank you.... Maybe people will start to believe us if we just keep on them. I hate it when I hear Troy is becoming UoP. Gosh.. Aside from customer service issues I think UoP is GREAT! I wouldn't go to school there, but that is just me. Obviously a lot of people do. Troy would be awesome if they had half the enrollment.

ksdtrojan
12-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Thank you.... Maybe people will start to believe us if we just keep on them. I hate it when I hear Troy is becoming UoP. Gosh.. Aside from customer service issues I think UoP is GREAT! I wouldn't go to school there, but that is just me. Obviously a lot of people do. Troy would be awesome if they had half the enrollment.
I am one that gets it! I got it when the vision started and I personally think it is ingenius to utilize the military connections as well! The wide spread arm of Troy University will continue to bring change to the main campus and the fact that a student can start at one campus anywhere in the world and finish that degree on another is an awesome vision.

WeSuck.com
12-02-2006, 07:34 PM
Apples and Oranges Arguement

I am all for free-market capitalism. The University of Phoenix makes about a trillion dollars a year so why not Troy?

But how many distance learning students even know Troy has a football team? 10? 25?

We are do ourselves a diservice teling EVERYONE we have 25,000 students. Think how bad it looks to tell ESPN we have that number and only 3,000 show up in New Orleans. A non-informed person, i.e. everyone else but us, would assume with 25,000 students we have about 300,000 alumni. I doubt we 50,000.

Nice Trojan
12-02-2006, 07:37 PM
But how many distance learning students even know Troy has a football team? 10? 25?

Half of them do not even know what "American Football" is, let alone Troy Football. But, I am all for the overseas program and marketing ourselves internationally. Its all about the money folks.

Now come on Trojans..................do something to this damn FIU team.

formerlytsufan
12-02-2006, 10:34 PM
Apples and Oranges Arguement

I am all for free-market capitalism. The University of Phoenix makes about a trillion dollars a year so why not Troy?

We are do ourselves a diservice teling EVERYONE we have 25,000 students. Think how bad it looks to tell ESPN we have that number and only 3,000 show up in New Orleans. A non-informed person, i.e. everyone else but us, would assume with 25,000 students we have about 300,000 alumni. I doubt we 50,000.

We have around 75K alumni.

LSUConnMan
12-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Well said TrojanHoarse,

As a product of all the aforementioned systems, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Hector
12-02-2006, 10:56 PM
We Suck, you are showing your ingorance, by not copiong with A) the reality that Troy University's enrollment is 28,000, and B) by not realizing that this is a good thing.

kiwan
12-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Thats right I heard we have buses coming from China, Kuwait, Texas, Bangcock, Bangladesh, TSUD, TSUM, Troy Phenix City. Patriot Tours will be busy.

Nice Trojan
12-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Thats right I heard we have buses coming from China, Kuwait, Texas, Bangcock, Bangladesh, TSUD, TSUM, Troy Phenix City. Patriot Tours will be busy.

Dont forget Troy-Florida - i bet this area brings more than Troy main campus

I graduated for Troy main campus, but we do have a campus in FWB.

TU/JSU Fan
12-02-2006, 11:03 PM
It worries me more that he feels it is a bad thing than it does that he doesn't want to believe that 28,000 exists. I see nothing bad about taking 23,000 extra student's monies.

My masters is from Troy via distance learning. Does any of you (other than WeSuck) think less of my degree? It is still a Troy University degree and is still a masters degree (which... I would highly doubt WeSuck has ever seen, much less attained).

Yes.. I am a little arrogant when it comes to my education, but... after 2 degrees and about 6 months away from my PhD I think it is ok. :)

michael

WeSuck.com
12-02-2006, 11:06 PM
Hector, you never have understood me and probably never will.

I am for free-market capitalism. Troy's business model is sound (just like the University of Phoenix), but let's not kid ourselves, 80% of Troy's so-called student population doesn't care or will ever care that Troy has an Athletic program. Heck, the main campus student population barely cares. You never have answered the question: Do these students pay an athletic fee, like the main campus?

And yes TU/JSU, your degree counts, just like a UOP degree. And no I don't have a Master of anything other than one from the School of Hard Knocks.

When put down in print or news releases to sports outlets that Troy has 25,000 students, don't you think it looks pretty weak EVEN IF we had 4,000 show up in New Orleans? Or average less that 20k for football games or less than 3k for basketball games?

Please, just avoid running into me in New Orleans, I'm in no mood to argue with you and your possee.

TU/JSU Fan
12-03-2006, 12:52 AM
Do they pay an athletic fee? Nope.. But they pay 2x tutition from a Main Campus student (unless a Main campus student is already paying out of state).

That more than makes up for the 50 buck athletic fee.

Michael

goe1975
12-03-2006, 10:49 AM
When put down in print or news releases to sports outlets that Troy has 25,000 students, don't you think it looks pretty weak EVEN IF we had 4,000 show up in New Orleans? Or average less that 20k for football games or less than 3k for basketball games?

That is a good point. I do not understand why it's necessary to tout we have more students than what are on the main campus. Heck it makes me prouder to be as competitive as we are even when we are a small school! And no matter how you slice it, claiming we have 25,000 students is deceitful and we all know it. Because people who do not know who we are assume that is the number of students on the main campus. I guess some people have a problem with being small.

TU/JSU Fan
12-03-2006, 11:10 AM
How can the truth be deceitful?

Some still don't get it..

Oh well.. I am going to just shut up on this topic. It is obvious some of you guys want to be back in Div II where a school like Troy's main campus with 6600 people belong. Me... I like having 28,000 students and the funding that they provide to enjoy things like IA Football.

Michael

SOTS 86-89
12-03-2006, 01:01 PM
Well I personally don't think that it's being deceitful posting the actual enrollment numbers. When I was in school and we were Division II National Champions I recall that our posted enrollment was 18,000 or so, and this was long before distance learning came into effect. Our actual on campus enrollment was probably around 4,500.

I hope that the numbers keep growing. I've been teaching some distance learning classes part time for nearly a year now, so like Mr. Bell, I have a little inside information regarding this. I had no idea about any of this until the opportunity came along to teach. I was apprehensive but intrigued at the same time. I believe that Troy has only touched the tip of the iceberg where this is concerned...and enrollment will continue to grow as additional degree programs are offered.

The last two terms I've taught eArmyU classes, and these students are literally all over the globe. I currently have a student that lives down the street from me, but I also have students at military bases stateside, in Korea, along with 12 students that are deployed in Iraq. When I was in school Dr. Adams used to always say "The sun never sets on Troy State"...well I think there is more truth to that now than ever.

As far as whether or not they even know Troy has a football program...I know that my students do, because I posted a bulletin last night in addition to sending out an email stating that we were Sun Belt Conference Champions and would be playing in the New Orleans Bowl. They may not be in a position to fly in from Iraq to go to New Orleans, but they might have a greater incentive to watch the game now. Ok...sorry for the rant...off my soapbox now.

D1Trojan4U
12-03-2006, 01:18 PM
TU/JSU.....I don't respect your education....because we both know where it all started!! ;)

goe1975
12-03-2006, 01:22 PM
How can the truth be deceitful?

I believe I clarified that by saying people who do not know who we are assume that is the number on our main campus.

It is obvious some of you guys want to be back in Div II where a school like Troy's main campus with 6600 people belong.

You may think Troy's main campus belongs back in Div II, but I am personally very happy we are DIA. I am proud of what this program has done being as small of a school as we are.

formerlytsufan
12-03-2006, 01:50 PM
I believe I clarified that by saying people who do not know who we are assume that is the number on our main campus.

You may think Troy's main campus belongs back in Div II, but I am personally very happy we are DIA. I am proud of what this program has done being as small of a school as we are.

Thank you for stating that! I think reporting the number of students on Troy's main campus just makes us look better.

socrgoly25
12-03-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm back from Miami. All due respect to this conversation, FIU has over 30,000 students on campus, and if you take away their band and dancers(very fine, might I add), then we outnumbered them in attendance. I believe we'll have as good a draw as the FSU game. The alure of being in New Orleans and being in a bowl game might bring more people than many doubters would believe.

SOTS 86-89
12-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Thank you for stating that! I think reporting the number of students on Troy's main campus just makes us look better.

So it's more about what makes us look better?

TU/JSU Fan
12-03-2006, 04:03 PM
D1.. We all know you don't respect me because of my alexandria background.. I guess you were all smiles friday night huh? To bad jhs didn't win a game this year... wait.. they probably did beat saks.

I never said Troy belonged in Div II. I said that the main campus numbers if reported alone would make it appear that way. The reason for not reporting them is to prove the fact that it is a IA school with large enrollment and everything..

Michael

D1Trojan4U
12-03-2006, 04:44 PM
nah....I do respect you.....just not your valley cub-ness. The golden eagles havent been the same since a certain someone ended their career....

TU/JSU Fan
12-03-2006, 07:34 PM
There was someone good at JHS? ;)

Other than that tall dude that played basketball and went on to UNC. That dude was awesome.

Michael

formerlytsufan
12-03-2006, 08:55 PM
So it's more about what makes us look better?

The money and how we are perceived are both important.

SOTS 86-89
12-03-2006, 09:08 PM
The money and how we are perceived are both important.

I just remembered why I never post on here. I can't remember the last time I saw you post a positive response about anything at Troy. Your name says it all...why don't you just change your name to currentlyAlabamafan. Everybody could talk until they're blue in the face and it wouldn't change your position, so I'm through with this.

BMarkey
12-04-2006, 12:04 AM
FIU does have 32,000-plus students, but most of them do not live on campus and many are commuters and adults. That said, the place is growing quickly. Those new dorms are huge.

formerlytsufan
12-04-2006, 08:51 AM
I just remembered why I never post on here. I can't remember the last time I saw you post a positive response about anything at Troy. Your name says it all...why don't you just change your name to currentlyAlabamafan. Everybody could talk until they're blue in the face and it wouldn't change your position, so I'm through with this.

You're just upset because I question the band @ times.

SOTS 86-89
12-04-2006, 09:08 AM
You're just upset because I question the band @ times.

No....I question your loyalty because you never post anything positive about Troy. Your name says it all.

formerlytsufan
12-04-2006, 09:52 AM
No....I question your loyalty because you never post anything positive about Troy. Your name says it all.

Question all you want. BTW, read my name a little closer...it doesn't say formerly A tsufan.