PDA

View Full Version : Cats out of the bag

TSUWhiner
12-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Last night I watched a very good MAC championship game btw Ohio vs. Central Michigan. Kirk Herby seems to think we have an automatic win Saturday and said..yep looks like MTSU is going to the Motor City Bowl. Lets not jinx things yet guys...:( I know I know..flame away..but we arent going anywhere until we win..and MTSU..they have no clue where they are going until we win or lose...ESPN sucks the big one...LOL

Whiner

ksdtrojan
12-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Last night I watched a very good MAC championship game btw Ohio vs. Central Michigan. Kirk Herby seems to think we have an automatic win Saturday and said..yep looks like MTSU is going to the Motor City Bowl. Lets not jinx things yet guys...:( I know I know..flame away..but we arent going anywhere until we win..and MTSU..they have no clue where they are going until we win or lose...ESPN sucks the big one...LOL

Whiner
He also commented on how "He doesn't follow the lower tier football programs." "The third tier bowl games are not his specialty." How can college football expect the sport to be fair (they don't really want that!) when the people who cover the sport and vote in the poles are not in the know on all of the teams in D1-A?

BMarkey
12-01-2006, 05:26 PM
These so-called pros are not smart enough to adequately hide their biases. That's disgusting.

TrojanWar
12-01-2006, 11:27 PM
How can college football expect the sport to be fair (they don't really want that!) when the people who cover the sport and vote in the poles are not in the know on all of the teams in D1-A?

I think money has a lot more to do with teams being better or getting more coverage than what an analyst says on TV. Coaches at BCS schools are making between 2 and 3 million a year and Sun Belt coaches make less than some people posting on this board. Money is what makes the world go around, and because we don't have that much, you have to accept our role in college football AT THIS TIME. ESPN is going to cater to the bigger schools because they have more fans in general and that means bigger ratings when they talk about those teams. What if everytime you turned on ESPN they were talking about New Mexico State and Utah State? I doubt ESPN would be what they are today if they did that regularly. I understand why some of the fans on this board get mad at the lack of coverage by major media outlets, but at the same time you have to realize it's a business and successful businesses do not get that way trying to appease the little guys. Give it time. If we keep winning and bringing in more money, our time will come. The problem is that so many want the glory right now. It has not been that long ago that we were a DII team. We're doing fine, and I don't think we are being shafted by ESPN or any other major media group.

ksdtrojan
12-02-2006, 12:04 AM
I think money has a lot more to do with teams being better or getting more coverage than what an analyst says on TV. Coaches at BCS schools are making between 2 and 3 million a year and Sun Belt coaches make less than some people posting on this board. Money is what makes the world go around, and because we don't have that much, you have to accept our role in college football AT THIS TIME. ESPN is going to cater to the bigger schools because they have more fans in general and that means bigger ratings when they talk about those teams. What if everytime you turned on ESPN they were talking about New Mexico State and Utah State? I doubt ESPN would be what they are today if they did that regularly. I understand why some of the fans on this board get mad at the lack of coverage by major media outlets, but at the same time you have to realize it's a business and successful businesses do not get that way trying to appease the little guys. Give it time. If we keep winning and bringing in more money, our time will come. The problem is that so many want the glory right now. It has not been that long ago that we were a DII team. We're doing fine, and I don't think we are being shafted by ESPN or any other major media group.
I agree with you TWar but I still don't like the system. Someone ask me would I care if I didn't cheer for a non-BCS school and I responded yes I would care because they cheapen the national championship with the way they decide it. I don't like the BCS for the same reason I didn't like English Comp. in college: It's subjective in nature! Meaning that your performance grade or result depends on the oppinion of another not on raw results. It is all about money and will not change until the right person with money wants it to happen. And even then it will only benefit those with the money. The only thing we as Trojan fans can hope for is to get some of the money. How? Keep winning! Increase fan support. Selling out every home game with regularity! (Has not happened as of yet!) Become like Boise State and break into the BCS bowl games to get a share of the pot. The product on the field has to consistently be a desireable purchase. So with as much patience as I can muster (which is not much sometimes) I will wait, continue to cheer for Troy, and give the Torjans all the support I can!

Nice Trojan
12-02-2006, 12:16 AM
but at the same time you have to realize it's a business and successful businesses do not get that way trying to appease the little guys.

This is the same reason you go to a mall and see "Bama Fever/Tiger Pride" instead of Trojan Territory or something. The "business" side of it is, you have to put out there what sells in quantity.

But when you are so close to TROY, or located in TROY (Wal-Mart), at least throw the little guy a bone.

TU/JSU Fan
12-02-2006, 12:36 AM
I will put it this way.. Dang do I wish I made what the coaches in the Sunbelt make! Not assistants (I am sure that i make more than some of them), but Head Coaches still do pretty well in this conference.

Michael