PDA

View Full Version : ECU to Bham Bowl

TU/JSU Fan
11-28-2006, 03:00 PM
According to Al.com East Carolina accepted a bid to the Birmingham bowl (papajohns bowl). A Big East opponent has not been announced yet as Cincinnati and South Florida are the likely teams to get a bid.

I think the SBC should have gotten a tie into this bowl. I know that very few people think that The SBC would ever get 2 teams eligible, but this year it looks like 3 are going to be and 1 will probably be left at home (ULL). I think the big east probably deserves the bham bowl, but I dont think CUSA doesn't need another tie in over the SBC.

Michael

Navarre Trojan
11-28-2006, 03:24 PM
According to Al.com East Carolina accepted a bid to the Birmingham bowl (papajohns bowl). A Big East opponent has not been announced yet as Cincinnati and South Florida are the likely teams to get a bid.

I think the SBC should have gotten a tie into this bowl. I know that very few people think that The SBC would ever get 2 teams eligible, but this year it looks like 3 are going to be and 1 will probably be left at home (ULL). I think the big east probably deserves the bham bowl, but I dont think CUSA doesn't need another tie in over the SBC.

Michael

The Sun Belt will have a minimum of 4 bowl eligible teams, 50% of the schools that participate. MTSU, Troy, La-La and Ark State. The Belt is on the move, time for some consistency and then more bowl tie-ins.