PDA

View Full Version : Most interesting.

BlueRaiderPride
11-27-2006, 10:21 PM
A stat from your messageboard:

Most users ever online was 77, 11-26-2006 at 12:03 AM.

Coincidence that this happens one day after Troy beats Middle Tennessee to decide the New Orleans Bowl rep? And just exactly HOW long has this site been up and running? More people on here after your win against MT then after you win against nationally-ranked Missouri at home.

TUrocks
11-27-2006, 10:27 PM
I can't quite remember when it happened, but the format of the board changed sometime a few years ago, so it might have been different when the Missouri game happened.

I remember there were quite a few on the board also when we almost got the FSU game.

Geez...this board is so nice, I don't even remember what the old board looked like.

socrgoly25
11-27-2006, 10:29 PM
This is where I rank Troy games I've attended:

1) Middle Tennessee 2006
2) Missouri 2004
3) Florida State 2006

Honorable mention: Marshall 2003 (I have a piece of the original teardown)

The game this past weekend was nothing short of a miracle and was the greatest game I've watched. Not only a rivalry game, but a conference championship and bowl bid on the line. Couldn't ask for more.

BlueRaiderPride
11-27-2006, 10:30 PM
I can't quite remember when it happened, but the format of the board changed sometime a few years ago, so it might have been different when the Missouri game happened.

I remember there were quite a few on the board also when we almost got the FSU game.

Geez...this board is so nice, I don't even remember what the old board looked like.

You mean GoTroyState.com?

ksdtrojan
Troy played Mizzou on 9-9-04 and shortly (Like 2 weeks later!) after the board was moved and reformatted because of high traffic.

nasupporter
A stat from your messageboard:

Most users ever online was 77, 11-26-2006 at 12:03 AM.

Coincidence that this happens one day after Troy beats Middle Tennessee to decide the New Orleans Bowl rep? And just exactly HOW long has this site been up and running? More people on here after your win against MT then after you win against nationally-ranked Missouri at home.

I would say it was because of the finish!!! and of course a chance to win a conference Championship and staying alive for the NO Bowl! And remember it was at your house. If the game would have been in TROY there would not have been as many posting or listening to the game, most of the fans who post on here would have been at the game if at all possible unless from way out of town.

ksdtrojan
11-27-2006, 10:34 PM

1) Middle Tennessee 2006
2) Missouri 2004
3) Florida State 2006

I have to put Marshall '03 at 3 because it was a win! Though FSU was great it was not a win. But that is me! :-)

socrgoly25
11-27-2006, 10:39 PM
I have to put Marshall '03 at 3 because it was a win! Though FSU was great it was not a win. But that is me! :-)

That's why I mentioned Marshall as an honorable mention. I think in the long run, that Florida State game, even though a loss, will do more for the program.

Not to mention, if you gauge the loss to the win, Florida State was bigger in a few ways. They were ranked in the top 10, coming off a win over Miami on national television, and ZERO people gave us a fighting chance.

I almost take pride in the irony that Troy could be a program killer as far as jinxing big teams goes. When we beat them or play them close, the program seems to go through a lapse. See Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska(for a couple years), Marshall, and now Florida State. Just a coincidence, I know, but an eerie coincidence nonetheless.

TUrocks
11-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Troy played Mizzou on 9-9-04 and shortly (Like 2 weeks later!) after the board was moved and reformatted because of high traffic.

Yeah...BRP's comment got me thinking and I went back to see the date of the first post.....I came across some classic Mr. Ho posts on the first few pages.....Man, that was some funny stuff. Me wish Mr. Ho would grace us with his presence again.

TUrocks
11-27-2006, 10:44 PM
You mean GoTroyState.com?

Yeah. I can't remember the format...but I'm getting old and the old memory is going.

TroyPremier
11-27-2006, 10:48 PM
FSU's program has been on the decline for the last 6 years. Basically, ever since offensive coordinator Mark Richt left to be the head coach at Georgia. The Troy game has absolutely nothing to do with their decline.

ksdtrojan
11-27-2006, 11:02 PM
Yeah...BRP's comment got me thinking and I went back to see the date of the first post.....I came across some classic Mr. Ho posts on the first few pages.....Man, that was some funny stuff. Me wish Mr. Ho would grace us with his presence again.

Yeah, Mr. HO was great and he is missed!

socrgoly25
11-27-2006, 11:02 PM
FSU's program has been on the decline for the last 6 years. Basically, ever since offensive coordinator Mark Richt left to be the head coach at Georgia. The Troy game has absolutely nothing to do with their decline.

Dude, can I not just have fun with my coincidences, geeeeeez.

ksdtrojan
11-27-2006, 11:05 PM
Dude, can I not just have fun with my coincidences, geeeeeez.

Go ahead socrgoly have fun! LOL!

socrgoly25
11-27-2006, 11:10 PM
Go ahead socrgoly have fun! LOL!

Thanks for your blessing! I believe I will!

Isn't it eerie that we have beaten teams with M's exclusively on their helmets? MSU, Missouri, Marshall....

D1Trojan4U
11-28-2006, 07:27 AM
doesnt MTSU have an M on their helmet too?

BlueRaiderPride
11-28-2006, 07:56 PM
doesnt MTSU have an M on their helmet too?

Yes, but not exclusively. We have a "T" on our helmets as well.

TrojanWar
11-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Me wish Mr. Ho would grace us with his presence again.

He does...almost every day.

TUrocks
11-28-2006, 11:57 PM
He does...almost every day.

Yeah...I've heard before that he does, but he sure is quiet....I miss not knowing what the lunch special is.....as well as how Mrs. Ho is treating him.

FHBrian
11-29-2006, 09:02 AM

1) Middle Tennessee 2006
2) Missouri 2004
3) Florida State 2006

The game this past weekend was nothing short of a miracle and was the greatest game I've watched. Not only a rivalry game, but a conference championship and bowl bid on the line. Couldn't ask for more.

For me top wins that I attended
1. Missouri (piece of goalpost)
2. Mississippi State (tornado and everything made it a great game)
3. Mashall (piece of goal post)

Ones we lost
1. LSU Great LSU fans
2. Florida State Horrible FSU fans

gotroygo
11-29-2006, 09:16 AM
Yeah...I've heard before that he does, but he sure is quiet....I miss not knowing what the lunch special is.....as well as how Mrs. Ho is treating him.
For some reason I get the idea that Mr. Ho is now WeSuck.com

ksdtrojan
11-29-2006, 10:14 AM
I think WeSuck.com is Mr. Ho's cousin. The avatar of WeSuck.com shows some family likeness. Don't you think?

TrojanWar
11-29-2006, 05:16 PM

You think? What leads you to believe this?

TrojanWar
11-29-2006, 05:17 PM

He is not quiet. He posts almost every day.