PDA

View Full Version : Trojans have 2 SBC-POWs!

ksdtrojan
11-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Offensive Player of the Week

Smokey Hampton (Troy, Sr., WR)

Chose the perfect time to have the best performance of his senior season with seven often critical receptions for 104 yards and a touchdown in the Trojansí dramatic come-from-behind victory over Middle Tennessee. Hampton entered the game with just 17 catches for 199 yards on the season, but had four crucial receptions, all for first downs, in the final 3:33 of the game against the Blue Raiders as the Trojans scored two touchdowns to rally for the victory. He had back-to-back 19-yard receptions on the first scoring drive, including the TD catch at the 2:19 mark. Following the on-side kick, had receptions for 13 and 19 yards, the second on a fourth-and-17 from the MTSU 22 with 19 seconds left in the game. In all, six of his seven receptions in the game went for first downs and, as an added bonus, he surpassed 1,000 career receiving yards in the game.

Defensive Player of the Week

Boris Lee (Troy, Fr., LB)

True freshman was credited with a career and game-high 11 tackles (10 solo), including three for loss of 14 yards and a sack for 10 yards in the Trojansí 21-20 come-from-behind victory over Middle Tennessee. Lee was primarily responsible for holding MTSU running back Eugene Gross to only 13 net yards on 17 carries while helping to hold the Blue Raidersí potent offense to just 203 net yards, including just 77 rushing yards.

TU/JSU Fan
11-27-2006, 12:31 PM
It would not shock me to see your boy Boris Lee as ROY this year in the SBC. I also would not be surprised to see him on at least the 2nd team all conference list.

He could end up being one of the best LBs to play at Troy. He is outstanding for a True Frosh. I would have liked to have seen him play in High School seeing as how agressive he is.. I bet he put hits on guys in HS that they are still feeling to this day.

michael

Nice Trojan
11-27-2006, 01:03 PM
I kind of thought "Damn It Whibbs" would get the nod for the Special Teams after that onside kick.

You dont know whether to love this guy or hate him.

ksdtrojan
11-27-2006, 01:09 PM
I would have liked to have seen him play in High School seeing as how agressive he is.. I bet he put hits on guys in HS that they are still feeling to this day.

michael

He was definitely amazing as a high school athlete. The most memorable play he made was a play where he jumped over (as in hurdled) a potential blocker and made the tackle.

TUTrojan
11-27-2006, 02:24 PM
I honestly can say that I didn't pay a lot of attention to what you said about him leading up to this season. .. I thought you were just hyping the local kid. Let me now say that everything you said was UNDERSTATED- this kid is phenomonal!

He's quickly turned into one of my favorites.

ksdtrojan
11-27-2006, 02:54 PM
I honestly can say that I didn't pay a lot of attention to what you said about him leading up to this season. .. I thought you were just hyping the local kid. Let me now say that everything you said was overstated- this kid is phenomonal!

He's quickly turned into one of my favorites.

I was mostly basing my assessments of him on how he performed. And to be honest, I was a little partial and I didn't know exactly how he would play against college level competition but I did know that he hit somebody every play in high school whether he was playing DE or WR. And every hit was a highlight reel. If you read his BIO he turned down a UF schollarship to play for Troy. He was also the UF camp MVP! How they let him get away I will never know but I am sure glad they did? When I heard UF had offered him 2 years ago I thought we were probably not going to sign him but when I read in the local paper that he signed with us I knew we had a special talent and great kid. He is always polite, a yes-sir, no-sir kind of kid. I am extremely happy for him and his family and I hope he has continued success at Troy and beyond!

TroyTuba
11-28-2006, 12:54 AM
Where is he from?

ksdtrojan
11-28-2006, 08:35 AM
Where is he from?

Homerville, GA

Actually Fargo, GA which is south of Homerville just north of the Florida line on Hwy 441 but in the same county as Homerville. He played at Clinch County High School in Homerville.

T_ROY_U
11-28-2006, 12:55 PM
I kind of thought "Damn It Whibbs" would get the nod for the Special Teams after that onside kick.

You dont know whether to love this guy or hate him.

I was worried we were going to kick the onside kick that is either caught or goes out of bounds!

As for love or hate....look at the stats:

Freshman year: 86% on field goals and missed 3 PAT's
Sophomore year: 55% on field goals and missed 0 PAT's (We recruited a kicker)

This year: Nominated for Lou Groza watch list after making only 11 of 20 field goals last year, including only 7 of 15 outside the 30 and this year he is 50% on field goals making only 5 of 12 outside the 30 (SOMEBODY LOVES HIM!!!)

TroyTuba
11-28-2006, 03:41 PM
I remember seeing Borris from field level during the Ark State game and thought that for him to be a freshman is awesome, that means we have him for 3 more years and I can't imagine how much greater he will be as his career matures. He is going to be a monster because he is already a bad ass.

bigguyonright
11-28-2006, 03:49 PM
boris lee is a beast, plain and simple