PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Projections as of Nov. 26

CardinalBlackTrojan
11-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Here are some of the bowl projections I've seen for our fellow Sun Belt teams.

College Football News
New Orleans Bowl - Troy vs. East Carolina
Hawaii Bowl - UL-Lafayette vs. Hawaii
Motor City Bowl - Central Michigan vs. Middle Tennessee

CBS Sportsline

No one else has updated their bowl predictions. Troy better start preparing for FIU, because they have a pretty darn good pass defense. It's ranked higher than StAte's I beleive (correct me if i'm wrong)

Trojan1998
11-26-2006, 08:32 PM
Louisiana-Lafayette wants no part of Hawai'i. The Warriors will hang 70 on the Cajuns out in Honolulu. However, it would be awesome for the conference to have three schools in bowl games in the same season. This season is shaping up to be very similar to the 2004 season as far as bowl games are concerned.

BlueRaiderPride
11-26-2006, 09:29 PM

College Football News

CBS Sportsline

No one else has updated their bowl predictions. Troy better start preparing for FIU, because they have a pretty darn good pass defense. It's ranked higher than StAte's I beleive (correct me if i'm wrong)

USA Today also predicts Troy to New Orleans and Middle Tennessee to the Motor City.

CardinalBlackTrojan
11-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Well, I hope Troy can beat FIU and go to the New Orleans Bowl. Hopefully Middle Tennessee will get an at-large bid to the Motor City Bowl (unless Troy loses to FIU). And hopefully, ULL will get an at-large bid to the Hawaii Bowl. IF ULL does end up going to the Hawaii Bowl... well, I hope it serves as a nice vacation for the RaginCajun team. I'M PRETTY SURE THEY WON'T BEAT HAWAII!

I would like to talk more about bowl games and at-large bids and predictions, but i'm going to wait for Troy to beat FIU before I make a prediction for the NO Bowl. Like some people said on the BlueRaider Board... FIU is due a win, and I think they would love nothing more than to win their last game against the SunBelt leader.

BMarkey
11-26-2006, 10:19 PM
FIU's top defensive guy is finished for the season.

Last night, their QB Padrick's passing game (3,000-plus yards) was off and the line had trouble containing the defense. They did have some nice long passes.

Ned, their top RB, had 14 yards rushing on 17 carries.

Once again, Troy should follow FAU's game plan (as it should have for the ASU game ... FAU beat ASU 29-0).

I don't expect a big Panther crowd at FIU, but who knows, it's Strock's last game. FIU fans are as shellshocked as the team in this disastrous season. Let's make it a Troy pre-bowl bash.

As the SunBelt TV Game of the Week was concluding last night, the announcers said there would be no more SunBelt football games of the week this season. How could they just ignore the game that will decide the conference champ? Our conference's TV deal must have been negotiated on the back of a gum wrapper.

BTW, Hawaii can be beaten at home. FAU went out there two years ago and whipped the Rainbows when FAU was still technically a I-AA team.

socrgoly25
11-26-2006, 10:26 PM
BTW, Hawaii can be beaten at home. FAU went out there two years ago and whipped the Rainbows when FAU was still technically a I-AA team.

Have you seen their offense this year? Colt Brennan and the Warriors will probably drop 60 on whoever they decide to bring to their "home" bowl game.

BMarkey
11-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Hawaii always has an offense. They had Chang a few years ago.

socrgoly25
11-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Hawaii always has an offense. They had Chang a few years ago.

With all due respect to Mr. Chang, Colt Brennan is going to break some records and might get invited to the Heisman ceremony this year. Here's a comparison of Timmy Chang's best year to Brennan's current year.

Timmy Chang

2004 HAW 358 602 59.5 4258 7.1 38 TD 13 INT 135.4

Colt Brennan

2006 HAW 336 467 4589 71.9 9.83 51 TD 9 INT 186.68

This kid is light years ahead of Chang and he's only a junior.

Nice Trojan
11-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Colt Brennan

2006 HAW 336 467 4589 71.9 9.83 51 TD 9 INT 186.68

Omar in 2007 :

20,000 Yards
150 TDS

200 INTS, and will still win the Heisman..............

Trojan1998
11-27-2006, 10:57 AM
Have you seen their offense this year? Colt Brennan and the Warriors will probably drop 60 on whoever they decide to bring to their "home" bowl game.

ULL wouldn't beat Hawai'i. This is probably the best Hawai'i team ever in the history of their program. UH almost won at Alabama and at Boise State this season.

However, Arizona appears to be in line to take the Hawai'i bowl bid because U of A is bowl eligible and that slot goes to a PAC 10 team. ULL will not go bowling.

Troy87
11-27-2006, 12:30 PM

College Football News

CBS Sportsline

Here's another site that has Troy in NO Bowl and MTSU in Motor City. This site has been around for a while, and has been pretty accurate with bowl projections over the years.

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bowl_games.html

Pcbtrojan
11-27-2006, 01:25 PM
I don't see how MTSU can beat out Michigan State and Northwestern at 7-5.
I don,t see either team listed on any bowl. So why would they take a team from the south over a more regional team.
Oh well time to think FIU. Trojans just win baby.

pkf4troy
11-27-2006, 01:27 PM
OK I am either confused or dumb. From what I have read the 7-5 teams have to be picked over the 6-6 teams. From the linked site above they seem to be saying that LaMo will beat LaLa. LaLa is not predicted for a bowl bid based on that site. I think LaLa will beat LaMo but thats just me. Any clarification will help. Thanks!

socrgoly25
11-27-2006, 01:29 PM
I don't see how MTSU can beat out Michigan State and Northwestern at 7-5.
I don,t see either team listed on any bowl. So why would they take a team from the south over a more regional team.
Oh well time to think FIU. Trojans just win baby.

Are you drugged? Michigan State and Northwestern are both 4-8. Not even bowl eligible.

jgrimsley
11-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Here's the AJC from today...

"Bowl schedule starts to fall into place

By TONY BARNHART
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 11/27/06

We could wait until Sunday when the bowl pairings become official. But just for fun, let's project what the postseason lineup could look like as we enter the last week of the regular season.

New Orleans, Dec. 22

Middle Tennessee vs. East Carolina

East Carolina, coached by Skip Holtz, knocked off N.C. State to improve to 7-5 and earn a date with the Sun Belt champ."

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2006/11/26/1127bowlpredictions.html

Nice Trojan
11-27-2006, 03:13 PM
AJC is either a very behind on research, or they just put themselves out there and predicted an FIU win over Troy.

Troy91
11-27-2006, 03:18 PM
The AJC never even mentions Troy. I live in Atlanta and get the paper. The only thing they care about is the dawgs and Ga Tech.

whereiskelvin
11-27-2006, 03:32 PM
Agreed. Barnhart is just behind on research. Biggest news up here today is Mike Vick's middle finger!

tntrojan
11-27-2006, 07:36 PM
More revealing in the AJC article is no mention of a second Sun Belt team.
Maybe Middle is not the sure thing they seem to think they are for the Motor City.
The N.O. Bowl might not pay out as much as Detroit, but I guarantee you more Trojans in New Orleans than Raiders in Detroit, and more fun for Trojans on Bourbon Street than we had in San Jose a few years back.
Go Trojans!