PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations on the win.

BlueRaiderPride
11-25-2006, 09:21 PM
No doubt Troy played by far their most complete and nearly flawless game of the season. Aside from one interception, Troy really didn't back down. It was obvious you guys came to play and wanted to win more.

The atmosphere at the game was STUNNING! You guys that didn't make the trip missed one helluva' game. The attendance was shockingly better than I imagined.

Our team will get better. When Stockstill gets up to 85 scholarships, I think we'll do alot better. I'm satisfied that we exceeded preseason expectations. We cannot be denied a share of the Sun Belt title even though a bowl game is now no longer possible. We'll just have to wait some other time. Maybe we'll find a team that can win the one that matters. It's weird. This is now the second time in six years we've been denied the New Orleans Bowl because we lost to the ONE team in conference that held a tie-breaker over us.

But such is life. We'll learn. We have alot to work on. We did a very poor job in the secondary. Our punt coverage team was lacking. This is the second on-side kick we failed to recover that wound up costing us a game. Maryland was the other game. We'll need to work on that in the off-season.

7-5 is much better than where we were over the past four years. We just didn't get the job done tonight and simply did not deserve to win playing like we did.

I sure hope you guys represent the Sun Belt well in New Orleans.

TrojanEmpire
11-25-2006, 09:35 PM
No doubt Troy played by far their most complete and nearly flawless game of the season. Aside from one interception, Troy really didn't back down. It was obvious you guys came to play and wanted to win more.

The atmosphere at the game was STUNNING! You guys that didn't make the trip missed one helluva' game. The attendance was shockingly better than I imagined.

Our team will get better. When Stockstill gets up to 85 scholarships, I think we'll do alot better. I'm satisfied that we exceeded preseason expectations. We cannot be denied a share of the Sun Belt title even though a bowl game is now no longer possible. We'll just have to wait some other time. Maybe we'll find a team that can win the one that matters. It's weird. This is now the second time in six years we've been denied the New Orleans Bowl because we lost to the ONE team in conference that held a tie-breaker over us.

But such is life. We'll learn. We have alot to work on. We did a very poor job in the secondary. Our punt coverage team was lacking. This is the second on-side kick we failed to recover that wound up costing us a game. Maryland was the other game. We'll need to work on that in the off-season.

7-5 is much better than where we were over the past four years. We just didn't get the job done tonight and simply did not deserve to win playing like we did.

Thank you for your post. Having lost a game last week that we felt we should have won. We know how it feels. You showed a lot of class by coming on here after the game. Don't give up hope for a bowl bid yet, b/c at 7-5 I believe you have priority over 6-6 teams for a bowl and cbssportline.com has you projected for the Motor City Bowl. Besdies, we have not clinched anything yet. We still have to beat FIU. Anyways, here's the link. Hope the projections are correct :)
http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

BlueRaiderPride
11-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Thank you for your post. Having lost a game last week that we felt we should have won. We know how it feels. You showed a lot of class by coming on here after the game. Don't give up hope for a bowl bid yet, b/c at 7-5 I believe you have priority over 6-6 teams for a bowl and cbssportline.com has you projected for the Motor City Bowl. Besdies, we have not clinched anything yet. We still have to beat FIU. Anyways, here's the link. Hope the projections are correct :)

By the way, we shared beers with some of your band members in the trombone section and after the game I went over to the visiting locker rooms and congratulated all your fans that were over there supporting your players as they were walking out. So, even though I may run my mouth on a messageboard, in person I ooze with class. As for the bowl game, Stockstill doesn't believe we will get an at-large bid. And from the looks at it, he's exactly right. Still, the Sun Belt has improved. If Louisiana and Troy wins next week, we will have three teams with seven wins. BUT, of course I'll have to cheer for FIU even though the chances of them winning are about as good as a fat chick winning a beauty contest, BUT stranger things have happened. I won't hold my breath.

It was a decent season--better than expected.

BlueRaiderPride
11-26-2006, 02:01 AM
Don't give up hope for a bowl bid yet, b/c at 7-5 I believe you have priority over 6-6 teams for a bowl and cbssportline.com has you projected for the Motor City Bowl.

USA Today is also projecting us to the Motor City Bowl and the folks on MACBBS are talking about it and they already expecting us to meet Central Michigan in that bowl game.

With only four bowl eligible teams not receiving automatic bids--Middle Tennessee, Louisiana, Northern Illinois, and Western Michigan--and with only two at-large bids open that puts either Middle Tennessee or Louisiana into a bowl game.

Central Michigan of the MAC is headed to the Motor City Bowl. GMAC Bowl is expected to pick up Ohio. And the International Bowl in Toronto is expected to pick-up Western Michigan as the #3 seed from the MAC becasue they are higher in the standings than NIU. Northern Illinois WAS rumored to be headed to the Motor City Bowl to feel an at-large bid, thus sending a Sun Belt team out west, but the Poinsettia Bowl has extended an offer to NIU, and the Huskies are expected to accept that invitation next week.

That would put either us or Louisiana in the Motor City Bowl to fill that at-large bid, and I'm thinking proximity is going to benefit us. Like I said, the MAC fans are pretty sure that Middle Tennessee will be invited WHICH IS WEIRD because the Motor City Bowl's payout is DOUBLE the payout of the New Orleans Bowl and the Motor City Bowl is going to be televised on ESPN while the New Orleans Bowl is on ESPN2. That is a STRANGE twist of fate.

BMarkey
11-26-2006, 05:04 AM
The SunBelt needs to make its top team get the best available bowl, no matter what it is.

I can't see NIU - which also had the misfortune of playing in the last Silicon Valley Classic - going west again for another small bowl with a crummy TV time slot. Its fans didn't travel uch better than ours.

BlueRaider: You brought it all week and you manned up after the game. Classy.

TSU-Baggs
11-26-2006, 07:32 AM
BlueRaider, just wanted to say congrats on a great season for MTSU. I, along with many others on this board, was shocked with the outcome of last night's game. Happy, of course, to see us win, but I was not expecting a late game come back like that. That funnly looking object we call a football can take some crazy bounces as was the case with the onside kick. I have to say the players on our team never gave up, but we definitely had some luck/fate go our way.

Good luck to your team in getting a bowl bid. Sometimes it works out better when SBC teams don't win the conference, but still have a good overall record (most bowls pay better than the NO Bowl).

P.S. I just saw on ESPN the Top 10 Plays Of The Day from yesterday and the TU vs MTSU game had the number 3 play of the day. They showed the play where MTSU was on the goal line and faked a run to the right and then D. Lee went left for the 4 yard score (even the camera man was faked out). Pretty slick play! :-)

JCTroy75
11-26-2006, 11:10 AM
I am really glad to hear that MTSU might be going to the Motor City Bowl if we manage to beat FIU. There are two reasons that I am glad: 1. They are a Sunbelt team and our conference needs more bowls 2. It ain't us.

Who cares about payoffs. When you get a bowl, you better take some fans. I am sure that MTSU will not travel well to Detroit (nor would we). New Orleans is a pretty easy drive for most of us and if we can get to the game by beating FIU, we will have a good crowd along with tailgating, parties, band, etc.

I have heard a lot about rude fans at MTSU. I have been there twice and my daughter went there Saturday. I can confirm that there are rude folks aplenty (especially the air horn fool and the group behind the band). I am also pleased that there are bunches of really nice folks there too. As Raider said, Troy has its idiots also. Ever watch some of the students behind the visiting team at MGVS? There is no place for rudeness in this sport.

Good luck to MTSU and hope that our Trojans focus on the game with FIU.

TrojanWarrior418
11-26-2006, 02:58 PM

Well man, what can I say? You've showed your class. So first of all nothing but respect to you. Your part of the reasons I signed up to be on these boards. lol. But let me tell you that you have nothing to be ashamed of, that game could of went either way. MTSU was by far the best team we have faced all season, and yes I AM comparing you with the likes of FSU, Nebraska, Georgia Tech, and the Sun Belt "giants" North Texas and Louisiana- Layfette. The game just got crazy at the end. I have new found respect for the MTSU football team. You don't need to hang your heads. Your going to a bowl that 's for sure. I guess we'll see you next year in Troy and if you stop by my house, I'll have a case of cold ones waiting for you.