PDA

View Full Version : MTSU vs Troy Game Chat

TSU-Baggs
11-25-2006, 03:54 PM
Man, great opening drive only to fall short with now points! Defense seems to be in form today. Big second drive coming up. Ugh, we need to score some points!

Lord-Mustang
11-25-2006, 04:00 PM
That INT didn't help any either!

TSU-Baggs
11-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Geeze, stupid facemask penalty, 15 yards and a FD. We are our own worst enemy.

TSU-Baggs
11-25-2006, 04:06 PM
Oh God, it's Arky state all over again. We can't let them convert on 3rd down like that. Come on D, tough it up!

Lord-Mustang
11-25-2006, 04:07 PM
Would be nice to hold them to a FG

Lord-Mustang
11-25-2006, 04:07 PM
Nice D play right there...loss of 4

TUrocks
11-25-2006, 04:10 PM
3-0. Good stop considering.

troyboy
11-25-2006, 04:17 PM
This game is going the way we need it too so far, but we have got to put the ball in the end zone!!!!!!!

Lord-Mustang
11-25-2006, 04:22 PM
We REALLY need a turnover right here!

TSU-Baggs
11-25-2006, 04:29 PM
I feel any chances of a conference championship and bowl birth slipping through our fingers.....so sad.

TUrocks
11-25-2006, 04:44 PM
How did I guess that replay would be overturned??? Geez.

TUrocks
11-25-2006, 04:46 PM
C'mon...great field position...put some dang points on the board.

Lord-Mustang
11-25-2006, 04:48 PM
TD Trojans! I was beginning to wonder.

TUrocks
11-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Yeessss!!!!! 7 on the board.

troyboy
11-25-2006, 04:51 PM
Troy gets hosed on a call again!!..What else is new?...A Nice late touchdown by the Trojans. GO TROY!

TrojanEmpire
11-25-2006, 05:05 PM
calling timeouts when they wanted to run out the clock. Way to hold 'em on third and 8 guys. That could be 3 pts. we need later. Beating ourselves with bad decisions by QB position.

TSUWhiner
11-25-2006, 06:10 PM
no bowl game for us guys..sorry...please read my 2007 morale victory schedule..I am not being negative..just being realistic... congrats to MTSU right now 21-7

Whiner

TrojanEmpire
11-25-2006, 06:16 PM
At least not looking good

TSUWhiner
11-25-2006, 06:27 PM
I am still a loyal Trojan fan..just wish this crap would stop...at least one winning season..besides that embarrassing San Crapo Bowl we went to ..that basically ESPN made fun of..or cut us short..and BTW Garrett Wolfe should be a Heisman finalist..but of course NIU gets snubbed as well..what a damn shame

Whiner

TrojanEmpire
11-25-2006, 06:33 PM
I am still a loyal Trojan fan..just wish this crap would stop...at least one winning season..besides that embarrassing San Crapo Bowl we went to ..that basically ESPN made fun of..or cut us short..and BTW Garrett Wolfe should be a Heisman finalist..but of course NIU gets snubbed as well..what a damn shame

Whiner
I agree with pretty much everything in that post

gotroygo
11-25-2006, 06:33 PM
TD Men of troy !!!

TSU-Baggs
11-25-2006, 06:35 PM
I'm affraid even with this touch down, it will be too little too late. I, however, will remain hopeful and optimistic so I don't jinks the game.

WIth just time out, it's going to take an onside kick.

We had a TD in our hads on the last drive, but we can't get 4th and inces. I think that's going to be what doomed us.

Let's hope we can get an onside kick, but I don't recall us being that good on this special team.

TrojanEmpire
11-25-2006, 06:36 PM
to bad we could not convert that 4th and inches from the stinking 2 yard line. Hell we keep shooting ourselves in the foot. No chance we get the onsides kick. Our special teams have really not lived up to their end of the bargain this year either. Ok we got lucky on the onside kick.

kiwan
Holy DODODODODO> Best kick ever by whibbs

Lord-Mustang
OMG....Onsides kick actually WORKED!

TSU-Baggs
OMG, I am shocked! Onside Kick.

Lord-Mustang
11-25-2006, 06:37 PM
TD with Extra Point wins this game....COME ON TROJANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

TSU-Baggs
11-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Come on, everyone on the board cross your fingers!!

Lord-Mustang
11-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Why are we running the ball like this?

gotroygo
11-25-2006, 06:38 PM
I'm crossing my fingers. (after typing of course)

Lord-Mustang
11-25-2006, 06:39 PM
Why didn't he just dump the ball out of bounds?

TSU-Baggs
11-25-2006, 06:40 PM
6 yard line and now we're at the 26. How can we make calls like that...GEEZE. Season play on the line.

TrojanEmpire
11-25-2006, 06:40 PM
Come on, everyone on the board cross your fingers!!

For what? How do you take a sack on that?

TSU-Baggs
11-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Agree, why and the heck can the coaches teach our guys that. Everyone else can, but we can't

Lord-Mustang
11-25-2006, 06:41 PM
OMG...what a play!

TSU-Baggs
11-25-2006, 06:42 PM
HOLY COW Now get it done, spike it!

TrojanEmpire
6 yard line and now we're at the 26. How can we make calls like that...GEEZE. Season play on the line.
Okay....lucky break. Any chance we make it?

Lord-Mustang
I think my heart has stopped 3 times now in the last 2 minutes of the game.

kiwan
I think I just had a heart a ttack

Trojanman
Wow!!! Wow!!! Wow!!! Wow!!! Wow!!!

TSU-Baggs
11-25-2006, 06:43 PM
I can't take this. I'm going to have a stroke if we don't punch it in. C'MON GUYS, GET'R DONE!

TSUWhiner
i think i just shat on myself :)

kiwan
Omg Omg Omg

Lord-Mustang
Omg Omg Omg Omg Touchdown Trojans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gotroygo
11-25-2006, 06:44 PM
omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

kiwan
Whibbs Whibbs Whibbs Whibbs

Lord-Mustang
It's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

gotroygo
i think i just shat on myself :)

lol...............

TSU-Baggs
Omg....unbelievable! Kick Is Good...thanks God!!! I'm Shaking!

Lord-Mustang
11-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Just don't let your guard down for a big return....a touchback would be awesome right now.

TSU-Baggs
11-25-2006, 06:46 PM
Okay, we have to make a smart kick here....nothing gets by

TrojanEmpire
Not over yet!

Lord-Mustang
Only have one shot here....3 secs left and no timeouts left now. Hail Mary Full of Grace!

TSU-Baggs
11-25-2006, 06:47 PM
C'Mon.....3 secs. Hail Mary coming. No Defensive Penalties! We have to hold them.

Lord-Mustang
11-25-2006, 06:47 PM
No penalties...PLEASE

kiwan
11-25-2006, 06:48 PM
This is the message I typed with 2:00 left but never posted, crazy huh?

Great effort at the end. Our guys never quit all year (maybe Nebraska game)? That 3rd quarter killed us! Hougabook was not very good at times either. I am cancelling mt New Orleans reservations as we speak.

TSU-Baggs
Need some Serious D pressure!

Lord-Mustang
Troy Wins....Troy Wins....Troy Wins!

Trojanman
Do doubt about it, we had them the whole time. GO TROJANS!!!

SOTSAlumBigGuns
11-25-2006, 06:49 PM
AAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hurt my ankle jumping up and down! Holy crap I can't believe we pulled that off! YAY!!!!!!

Lord-Mustang
11-25-2006, 06:49 PM
Sorry...but I'd rather you hurt your ankle then us lose that game!

AC4Troy
11-25-2006, 06:50 PM
Yes!!!!!!!

ksdtrojan
Oh my goodness! I am so pumped! Way to go TROY TROJANS! I am literally crying!

TSU-Baggs
I am in shock! I can't believe it. We were dead and now we're alive in the Sun Belt Conference Title. I have to have a drink of Jack to settle my nerves.

To all of you who went to the game, it will be one to remember for years! I had to listen to it on the Internet and I hope to see some highlights on ESPN if those ^(&)(*^_ would ever give us some highlight coverage!

WOW!

GO TROJANS!

gotroygo
I guess they're just gonna have to leave those goal posts where they are!! Woo Hoo!!!!!! GO TROY!!!!!!!!!!!!

CardinalBlackTrojan
11-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Trojans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Cant Even Type Good Im Shaking So Much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TrojanEmpire
beating Arky State would have made next week's FIU game meaningless. We gotta treat this team like the are the freakin' Chicago Bears and come ready to freaking play and not let them win one for their outgoing coach.

NWFLTrojan
Whiner and Empire,

We are all getting tired of your constant negative attitudes.

I don't expect you will be joining us in NO.

Way to go Trojans!!!!!

TSU-Baggs
11-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Yeah baby, leave those Gold Posts right where they are!

Lord-Mustang
11-25-2006, 06:54 PM
All I can say is....OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

TSUWhiner
11-25-2006, 06:55 PM
:) I know i know..but I have always been loyal :) GO TROY

Whiner

CHughes1102
11-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Guys I am shaking right now I am so happy!!!!!!!!!! I am proud to be a Trojan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TrojanEmpire
11-25-2006, 06:56 PM
Whiner and Empire,

Kiss my a--

We are all getting tired of your constant negative attitudes.

I don't expect you will be joining us in NO.

Way to go Trojans!!!!!

Okay I was wrong and I will admit it.

Congratulations to the team for making myself and Whiner eat our words. Take care of business next week at FIU.

Lord-Mustang
11-25-2006, 06:59 PM
Empire....I'm glad you were wrong. Now we just have to head to Florida and win one more!

TUrocks
11-25-2006, 07:05 PM
WHAT THE CRAP?????

I was listening on the radio and the fourth down and short on the three play happened about halfway through the fourth and I thought we were done, so I go to eat.

I come back and the touchdown and onside kick had passed by and I start listening again and we're fourth and goal needing 13 yards....AND GET IT AND THE GO AHEAD!!!!!

OMG......Trojans....I will never leave until the end of the game again...(I started to wonder if I was cursing them by listening, but we did convert the last fourth down play and score the go ahead while listening)

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! GO TROJANS!!!!!!!!!!!

NWFLTrojan
11-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Yes Empire that was juvenile.

I apologize and did edit it out after I posted it.

TrojanEmpire
11-25-2006, 07:07 PM
Yes Empire that was juvenile.

I apologize and did edit it out after I posted it.
All right then. So we're straight?

CHughes1102
11-25-2006, 07:09 PM
WHAT THE CRAP?????

I was listening on the radio and the fourth down and short on the three play happened about halfway through the fourth and I thought we were done, so I go to eat.

I come back and the touchdown and onside kick had passed by and I start listening again and we're fourth and goal needing 13 yards....AND GET IT AND THE GO AHEAD!!!!!

OMG......Trojans....I will never leave until the end of the game again...(I started to wonder if I was cursing them by listening, but we did convert the last fourth down play and score the go ahead while listening)

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! GO TROJANS!!!!!!!!!!!

At least you got to hear that. I was making myself watch it even though I kept saying that there is no way that we would win. When we got the onside kick I knew the chance was a little better, but we still had to score. Man that 4th down play was so nerve-racking. I am just so happy right now.

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NWFLTrojan
11-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Yes.

I was also caught up in the moment. Checking in on the game late and reading your negative posts got to me.

TrojanEmpire
11-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Yes.

I was also caught up in the moment. Checking in on the game late and reading your negative posts got to me.

I understand man, the game was getting to me and I should have waited for it to play out.

Trojan61
11-25-2006, 07:13 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOO TROOOOOOOOOOJANS!!!!! Great win.

TSUWhiner
11-25-2006, 07:15 PM
thats what I like! I didnt want the team to lose dont get me wrong..but the odds were so against us you know? However, I am still waiting until after next Saturday to order my ticket to the New Orleans bowl..cause here I thought we would handle Arkansuck state..but come on the SBC is a crap shoot..any body can win any time..like we did..pure underdogs..and who says FIU wants to lose..they may be gunning for their first win! make it 1-10 for them. Anyway GO TROY as usual...I would also like to know..if any of you go..I would like to go with someone..I dont want to go by myself. If Troy makes the bowl game..our school district does not get out until Dec. 22nd. So I want to use my local leave days to come back to my parents house in MS. I want to travel with one you guys..perferrably Markey..cause he is cool..so someone PM...we shall have a good time :)

Whiner

trojanforce
11-25-2006, 07:21 PM
Fellow Trojans,
I'm in shock right now. I'm glad my prediction was wrong. I didn't see the game but by the posts on this board it was a nail bitter. We can't look past FIU. This team will be full of surprises. I believe if we want it BAD ENOUGH it will be ours. Good luck Trojans. I drove over a 1,000 miles last week to see the Arky game and as I type tonight that trip was worth every mile!!!!

TrojanForce

SOTSAlumBigGuns
11-26-2006, 12:07 AM
I'm going to have my hotel confirmation ready to buy as soon as the game is over next week. We'll be driving over from Montgomery.

BlueRaiderPride
11-26-2006, 12:39 AM
By the way, how come your band plays during the opposing teams' offensive possessions? That's one thing that really disturbed me about the game. That's quite unconventional. Very surprised that Troy was not hit with a penalty for it even though they did it throughout the entire game.

ksdtrojan
11-26-2006, 01:09 AM
By the way, how come your band plays during the opposing teams' offensive possessions? That's one thing that really disturbed me about the game. That's quite unconventional. Very surprised that Troy was not hit with a penalty for it even though they did it throughout the entire game.

They normally stop before the play is snapped and most of the time they finish as the offense breaks the huddle comes to the ball. I have heard them play a little longer and push the envelope! That is the norm for the SOTS! They are definitely part of Troy Football!

nasupporter
11-26-2006, 01:25 AM

I was at the game and the SOTS DID NOT play during the play. They always stopped when MTSU broke the huddle and was coming to the line. I sat right beside the SOTS and I must say the Raider fans behind our band sitting under the Glassco ? Construction banner or something like that were the most obnoxious red necks I have ever witnessed at a FB game. Blowing their air-horn during the SOTS performance. I noticed before the game even got started good there was almost a fight and some angry words between several fnas behind our band.... and the dude with long blonde hair in the upper deck who kept hanging over shouting at the TROY Fans was a real classy jerk.

WHAT A GAME AND HOW SWEEEEEEEEET IT WAS TO RUB IT IN THEIR FACE BY POINTING TO THE SCOREBOARD!!!!!!!

BlueRaiderPride
11-26-2006, 01:46 AM
I was at the game and the SOTS DID NOT play during the play. They always stopped when MTSU broke the huddle and was coming to the line. I sat right beside the SOTS and I must say the Raider fans behind our band sitting under the Glassco ? Construction banner or something like that were the most obnoxious red necks I have ever witnessed at a FB game. Blowing their air-horn during the SOTS performance. I noticed before the game even got started good there was almost a fight and some angry words between several fnas behind our band.... and the dude with long blonde hair in the upper deck who kept hanging over shouting at the TROY Fans was a real classy jerk.

WHAT A GAME AND HOW SWEEEEEEEEET IT WAS TO RUB IT IN THEIR FACE BY POINTING TO THE SCOREBOARD!!!!!!!

To the defense of the guys in that skybox who were right next to us, they couldn't hear the game very well from their box which they contributed thousands of dollars to the athletic department for. I can understand why they would be annoyed.

Starting next season things will be different. Massaro is already looking at pushing the opposing teams fans into the upperdeck. That way there'd be not tempting arguments between the wealthy donors in the open air boxes.

As for your band, they did not stop playing when the huddle broke. They waited until the ball was close to being snapped which can disrupt a snap. I guess if the officials aren't going to stop them then why shouldn't they keep going. Hopefully, the Troy band will no longer be in that section of the stadium the next time they make the trip up here. It's something Massaro is working on.

By the way, you do have some good people. I enjoyed chatting with a few of your trombone players.

formerlytsufan
11-26-2006, 11:36 AM

The SOTS played during the play several times. There should have been a penalty or at least a warning.

GoMTBlue
11-26-2006, 01:03 PM
Yep. I really didn't want to bring this up at this time because it sounds like sour grapes, but the band did play many times until the ball was snapped. I do also recall a punt play where the receiver was fielding the punt and the band was still playing. I'm not sure of the rule, but I thought once the team broke the huddle then the band must stop (I may be wrong on this rule). FWIW, when I went to the Troy game 2 or 3 years ago, I noticed the same thing.

I say kudos to your band if they can get away with it. So far no one has made them stop, so if I were them I would keep doing it until I was made to stop.

formerlytsufan
11-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Yep. I really didn't want to bring this up at this time because it sounds like sour grapes, but the band did play many times until the ball was snapped. I do also recall a punt play where the receiver was fielding the punt and the band was still playing. I'm not sure of the rule, but I thought once the team broke the huddle then the band must stop (I may be wrong on this rule). FWIW, when I went to the Troy game 2 or 3 years ago, I noticed the same thing.

I say kudos to your band if they can get away with it. So far no one has made them stop, so if I were them I would keep doing it until I was made to stop.

The band does their thing and don't try telling them different. MTSU should have complained about the band playing, it was clearly a violation of NCAA rules.

BMarkey
11-26-2006, 01:28 PM
The band can play its drumline beat (which it does a lot) but is not supposed to play songs during plays.

I can't remember ever hearing the Troy band play a song during a play (except, maybe, when Troy scores and executes the extra point).

It appears the Sound loves to be an integral part of the Troy-MTSU game. Remember that almost-penalty in the end zone at Troy two years ago and the huge fan reaction? Awesome.

nasupporter
11-26-2006, 01:36 PM
[QUOTE=GoMTBlue;41271]Yep. I really didn't want to bring this up at this time because it sounds like sour grapes, but the band did play many times until the ball was snapped. I do also recall a punt play where the receiver was fielding the punt and the band was still playing. I'm not sure of the rule, but I thought once the team broke the huddle then the band must stop (I may be wrong on this rule). FWIW, when I went to the Troy game 2 or 3 years ago, I noticed the same thing.

I say kudos to your band if they can get away with it. So far no one has made them stop, so if I were them I would keep doing it until I was made to stop.[/QUOTE

I think the rule is 'you cannot interfere with the team being able to hear the snap count. (Band or Fans etc.)' The SOTS didnot play during the snap, maybe just prior. But don't you think the JERK with the AIR-HORN and his buddies had a little something to do with the band holding their NOTES and the DRUM ROLL a little longer? LOL. Really, blowing the air-horn at the beginning of each song just helped.
It would have been priceless for the VISITING BAND AND FANS to have received a warning at the MTSU HOUSE ! Great TROY crowd and I think it was nice for the Chancellor to come over and speak to the band and congratulate them for their job after the game!!
GO SOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TROJANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

formerlytsufan
11-26-2006, 04:22 PM
[QUOTE=GoMTBlue;41271]Yep. I really didn't want to bring this up at this time because it sounds like sour grapes, but the band did play many times until the ball was snapped. I do also recall a punt play where the receiver was fielding the punt and the band was still playing. I'm not sure of the rule, but I thought once the team broke the huddle then the band must stop (I may be wrong on this rule). FWIW, when I went to the Troy game 2 or 3 years ago, I noticed the same thing.

I say kudos to your band if they can get away with it. So far no one has made them stop, so if I were them I would keep doing it until I was made to stop.[/QUOTE

I think the rule is 'you cannot interfere with the team being able to hear the snap count. (Band or Fans etc.)' The SOTS didnot play during the snap, maybe just prior. But don't you think the JERK with the AIR-HORN and his buddies had a little something to do with the band holding their NOTES and the DRUM ROLL a little longer? LOL. Really, blowing the air-horn at the beginning of each song just helped.
It would have been priceless for the VISITING BAND AND FANS to have received a warning at the MTSU HOUSE ! Great TROY crowd and I think it was nice for the Chancellor to come over and speak to the band and congratulate them for their job after the game!!
GO SOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TROJANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The band played during the game several times. Sometimes they would stop before the snap but there were several times that they played on through the snap.

socrgoly25
11-26-2006, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=nasupporter;41279]

The band played during the game several times. Sometimes they would stop before the snap but there were several times that they played on through the snap.

After going to many games and having a brother in the band, I may be able to clear this up a little. The drum line plays as loud as they can until the quarterback goes under center when they are near the band to throw off communication.

If the band has started a song, they normally lower the volume until its hiked, and then bring it back up to normal volume after the hike. The rule must be that the music cannot interrupt the hike.

formerlytsufan
11-26-2006, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=formerlytsufan;41295]

After going to many games and having a brother in the band, I may be able to clear this up a little. The drum line plays as loud as they can until the quarterback goes under center when they are near the band to throw off communication.

If the band has started a song, they normally lower the volume until its hiked, and then bring it back up to normal volume after the hike. The rule must be that the music cannot interrupt the hike.

Ok, but the band was still playing during the snap. Why MTSU didn't protest it is beyond me.

TSU-Baggs
11-26-2006, 08:00 PM
We need to save this series of posts for posterity sake. I just read through the entire 10 pages again and it was like I relived last night. The emotions were all over the place! What a win! Now we need to get it done on Saturday at FIU. I can't make the drive down to the game due to a work related function that I am hosting, but I will be looking for text messages or e-mail updates from BMarkey or anyone else who will be there to keep me informed.

GO TROJANS!!

P.S. I already bought my airline reservation to New Orleans. Where is the Troy Hotel in NO, or are folks planning to stay in Biloxi at the Beau Rivage Hotel and Casino a very nice place, but an hour drive to NO?

SOTSAlumBigGuns
11-26-2006, 08:38 PM
I can't afford the drive, but I definately will be hosting a party to watch it on CSS.

Agreed, any info on hotels and such would be awesome. Hopefully our athletic department will do a better job this go around on scheduling things and getting the info out to us. I hope there is not a 3 night minimum on the hotels.

Nice Trojan
11-26-2006, 09:04 PM
Lets not be jumping the gun like MTSU did, all we need is to get cocky and overconfident and go get blown out by an 0-11 FIU team.

BlueRaiderPride
11-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Lets not be jumping the gun like MTSU did, all we need is to get cocky and overconfident and go get blown out by an 0-11 FIU team.

You guys are not going to lose to FIU. They lost 31-0 to Florida Atlantic last weekend. Nobody loses to FIU. That's why they are 0-11.