MT*
MT*
MT
MT
MT

GO TROJANS! Prove CFN Wrong!

CardinalBlackTrojan
11-25-2006, 12:24 AM
If Troy beats Middle Tennessee, will it be classified as an "upset"?

ksdtrojan
11-25-2006, 12:46 AM
If Troy beats Middle Tennessee, will it be classified as an "upset"?

I think so with the compared records! Troy has been overlooked by most people all year, especially after the 4 straight OOC losses! Noone is taking Troy serious this year because of our blow-up at Nebraska followed by a lack luster performance against UAB. On the other hand MTSU got their butts handed to them against Louisville and USCar but everyone plays the score comparison game they don't give us a chance because of MTSUs lopsided victories against SBC foes. What they readily forget is the 7-6 win over FIU (0-10). When TROY wins we (TROY fans) will be the only ones who expected it so it will be classified as an upset.

GoMTBlue
11-25-2006, 12:53 AM
Is there really ever an upset in the SBC? Yes, MT is favored, but that really means nothing. The Sun Belt Conference is the only conference in the nation where the # 8 team can beat the # 1 team and it not really be a surprise. IMO, that's what makes the SBC so much fun. No game is a gimme.

I hope we win. I know we are favored to win, but I would not consider it shocking if Troy wins. Both teams are very close in the level of talent of the teams and one break here or there for either team will probably decide this game.

TrojanWar
11-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Is there really ever an upset in the SBC? Yes, MT is favored, but that really means nothing. The Sun Belt Conference is the only conference in the nation where the # 8 team can beat the # 1 team and it not really be a surprise. IMO, that's what makes the SBC so much fun. No game is a gimme.

That's because all of the teams stink, just some a little more than the others. Everyone knows I love the Sun Belt, but it really borders somewhere between D1AA and D1A football.