PDA

View Full Version : A what if scenario

arkstfan
11-24-2006, 08:08 PM
Just working through the possible bowl scenarios and one odd one jumped out.

If Boise State loses and misses the BCS the third conference to get a BCS berth very easily could be the Big East, especially if Louisville beats Pitt. The WAC would fill Poinsettia unless both Kansas and Oklahoma State win.

If Louisville does win and the Big East gets two in the BCS, the Big East won't fill the new game in Birmingham. Supposedly the MAC has a deal to fill in there but if it were true that the Motor City would take a MAC-MAC match-up (I still seriously doubt this) the game could be open.

If Troy wins out do you think you would swap out and go to the closer game in Birmingham against CUSA and leave New Orleans open for another Sun Belt school or would you stick with New Orleans?

CHughes1102
11-24-2006, 08:46 PM
Just working through the possible bowl scenarios and one odd one jumped out.

If Boise State loses and misses the BCS the third conference to get a BCS berth very easily could be the Big East, especially if Louisville beats Pitt. The WAC would fill Poinsettia unless both Kansas and Oklahoma State win.

If Louisville does win and the Big East gets two in the BCS, the Big East won't fill the new game in Birmingham. Supposedly the MAC has a deal to fill in there but if it were true that the Motor City would take a MAC-MAC match-up (I still seriously doubt this) the game could be open.

If Troy wins out do you think you would swap out and go to the closer game in Birmingham against CUSA and leave New Orleans open for another Sun Belt school or would you stick with New Orleans?

I would love to see Troy in Birmingham again, but I doubt that will happen.

Raider1515
11-24-2006, 09:06 PM
I dont think that would happen. You have to keep in mind, these bowls are set up to make the city money. That is like us wanting to go to the Music City bowl, Nashville makes a lot of money off of visiting teams, so if I were to drive to Nashville and home after the game, that is a lot of lost money. Simply put, the bowls want you to travel far enough that you will not come home after the game. This whole thing is about money, who brings the most fans etc.

WeSuck.com
11-24-2006, 10:47 PM
What if we never beat ArkState?
What if we lose tomorrow 54-17?
What if I went to Princeton, graduated with a Chemical Engineering degree, married a doctor's daughter who happened to be a Playboy centerfold and
WANTED me to attend every TMTDM sporting event?
What if is the story of our lives.