PDA

View Full Version : Has the MTSU game been cancelled?

nasupporter
11-22-2006, 07:57 PM
I'm planning on bringing up 4 with me to the game, It's a short drive for me across the State line,,,,but should I even bother? I've been to every TROY home game and most of the road games but,,,,, From what I'm hearing the folks in Murfreesboro and in the general area have this one chalked up as a "W" for MTSU. They're actually having a little disagreement about if it would be appropriate to bring down the goal posts after the win. Most of the discussion is about the NO bowl, reservations, and team hotel arrangements.

Can someone tell me,, Is TROY UNIVERSITY still planning on sending the team up this weekend? Man it's sounding bad for the TROJANS. Maybe the guys should just stay home, have an extended Holiday weekend and save the University some money. The Raiders think this will be a no-brainer, go through the motion, comedy for them.

Oh well,,,,, I guess I'll drive on up just in case a team from TROY shows up and decides to take the field. But I think TROY should put some real thought into this trip and save us some time and embrassment (according to MTSU). I don't know? But, If anyone hears anything about a cancellation please post it here before Friday . THANKS.

socrgoly25
11-22-2006, 08:38 PM
The only cancellation I've heard about is the possible cancellation of Middle Tennessee fans' reservations in New Orleans. Apparently there's an outside chance they all won't be able to make the trip to support us in December. That's a bummer too......I guess I'll have to get someone else to carry my suitcase for me.

Navarre Trojan
11-22-2006, 10:32 PM
reservations on line, that way there is no refund! Then they either come and cheer for Troy, or forfeit the first night. I have been to the Big Easy 3 or 4 dozen times, and I doubt, very seriously, if since Katrina the prices of hotels have gone down! So, bust a C-note a night, easy!

TrojanWar
11-22-2006, 11:13 PM
reservations on line, that way there is no refund! Then they either come and cheer for Troy, or forfeit the first night. I have been to the Big Easy 3 or 4 dozen times, and I doubt, very seriously, if since Katrina the prices of hotels have gone down! So, bust a C-note a night, easy!

Yes, hotels are expensive right now. I have made refundable reservations for the Sugar Bowl and the good hotel prices are all much higher than they normally would be. Maybe I'll get to go the NO twice this holiday season! We are not buying Christmas presents until after next weekend because we want to see what Troy and Arkansas end up doing. If both go to New Orleans, then that will be our Christmas this year.