PDA

View Full Version : Troy Vs Mtsu Predictions

GONE FISHIN
11-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Oh guys its that time of the week again to get some opinions and your prediction for the game this weekend.Pesonally i thought we would have won that game with ASU but i was wrong but i do think that was the TROJAN awakening call for this weekend.The trojans know they have to win saturday to get the New Orleans and i think thats what they will do,ya never know they may just be holding back a weapon of mass destruction we havent seen before.prediction-troy 31 mtsu 24.GO TROJANS!!!!

GONE FISHIN
11-22-2006, 11:51 AM
this is how the game will be won.The defense finally shows the Trojan fans what a real Troy defense looks like against the run and shuts down MTSU famous running game.They pressure Marks enough to make him have a few bad passes and the trojans take the ball.(all year the defense has been in the backfield but always with a scrambling qb that made the play)I think we may even see a few sacks in the game!!! yes MTSU will make a few big plays and maybe jump ahead but the TROJAN offense returns and gains big yards with the passing of Haugabook and the mighty TROJAN recievers.If we can shut down the run i think we have a real good chance to take this game to a new level!!!!GO TROJANS

troyfan
11-22-2006, 12:00 PM
If Troy leaves it up to Whibbs Troy will lose. Troy will win on a last minute drive with a pass from Haugabook to Banks to win by five.

Troy 34
MTSU 29
With a missed PAT from Whibbs.

Nice Trojan
11-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Yo troyfan - get some posterboard and black markers, because we are going to make some signs for the game when i get to your place.

Nice Trojan
11-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Oh yeah -

Troy 34
MTSU 31

kiwan
11-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Troy-27
Mtsu-24

TUrocks
11-22-2006, 12:14 PM
Call me crazy....but just a gut feeling....

ASU loss awakens this team.....we blitz...we tackle....we hit hard....Omar has the game of his young career....McKelvin bounces back....and Terry lights the field on fire:

Troy-28
MTSU-13

Trojan1998
11-22-2006, 12:14 PM
I don't feel good about this game at all. Prove me wrong Trojans.

MTSU: 31
Troy: 10

Happy Thanksgiving Trojan Nation!!!

TUrocks
11-22-2006, 12:19 PM
I don't feel good about this game at all. Prove me wrong Trojans.

MTSU: 31
Troy: 10

Happy Thanksgiving Trojan Nation!!!

I think the difference between your prediction and mine is how the coaches and team prepares.

If they prepare the way they should, mine will be close....if the coaches spend a major amount of their time this week trying to come up with some gimmick play and neglect the problems we faced last weekend (like they've been known to do in the past), yours will.

Boltoutoftheblue
11-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Middle Tennessee 44
Troy 13

BlueRaiderPride
11-22-2006, 02:32 PM
If Troy leaves it up to Whibbs Troy will lose. Troy will win on a last minute drive with a pass from Haugabook to Banks to win by five.

Troy 34
MTSU 29
With a missed PAT from Whibbs.

Banks hasn't scored a touchdown since? When? 6 receptions for 35 total yards against Florida Atlantic and Arkansas State and you're expecting to see that against a Middle Tennessee defense that is much tougher than both of those teams?

Sorry, ain't going to happy, HOWEVER, I could see a pass from Hougabook to Terry for a score, but the game will be out of reach by then. :)

trojanforce
11-22-2006, 02:48 PM
I'm hoping for a shocker (TROJAN WIN) this weekend but I'm not going to hold my breath. MT has been dominate this year in S. Belt play and we have been not been. I believe we have players that could win this game no problem but our coaching is faulty at best. LB is a great guy but in my humble opinion this is the best we are going to get from him as head couch. If you remember my earlier posts in early October I said Ark St and MT was going to be trouble for us. I'm 50% right on my prediction so far and I'm PRAYING I'm wrong on the other 50%. Good luck this weekend Trojans! I will be rooting hard win or lose!!!!!

TROJANFORCE

Navarre Trojan
11-22-2006, 03:01 PM
Banks hasn't scored a touchdown since? When? 6 receptions for 35 total yards against Florida Atlantic and Arkansas State and you're expecting to see that against a Middle Tennessee defense that is much tougher than both of those teams?

Banks got hurt against FAU, turned his ankle. He tried to go agains ASU, but couldn't, just didn't have the strength. Let me ask you this, who is Middle going to 'man up' with on Sat. That is, who are they going to play man coverage with? They will have to play man-to-man on at least one of our receivers, and that is the receiver that will be looked at by Omar. Whether that is Terry, or Banks, or Hampton, or Catouse, or AJ, or whomever.

I see how that "much tougher defense" put up a fight last Saturday, well until the first half kickoff! Then they went into the tank, very similar to all of your schedule outside the Sun Belt, with the exception of Tenn. Tech.

I can not wait until Saturday!!!!!

TrojanWar
11-22-2006, 03:32 PM
I pray Middle plays man-to-man! If they go into a zone coverage, then I'll start worrying about Omar throwing picks, but in man-to-man we could light it up!

opnsgreg
11-22-2006, 04:02 PM
Middle Tennessee 38
Troy University 17

Looking forward to the game and meeting some of you Trojan fans in Murfreesboro during tailgating. Let's all hope for an injury free game!

BlueRaiderPride
11-22-2006, 04:19 PM
Banks got hurt against FAU, turned his ankle. He tried to go agains ASU, but couldn't, just didn't have the strength. Let me ask you this, who is Middle going to 'man up' with on Sat. That is, who are they going to play man coverage with? They will have to play man-to-man on at least one of our receivers, and that is the receiver that will be looked at by Omar. Whether that is Terry, or Banks, or Hampton, or Catouse, or AJ, or whomever.

I see how that "much tougher defense" put up a fight last Saturday, well until the first half kickoff! Then they went into the tank, very similar to all of your schedule outside the Sun Belt, with the exception of Tenn. Tech.

I can not wait until Saturday!!!!!

I'm very well aware of Banks' sprained ankle which according to one of YOUR newspapers said he was injured in the game against the Cajuns, not FAU.

We don't not run man-to-man coverage. We go after the quarterback on every single play. That's part of the reason Louisiana-Lafayette had seven turnovers against Middle Tennessee including four interceptions to the same person. FAU had four turnovers as well including two interceptions.

One reason why I'm not TOTALLY concerned with Troy's passing attack is because we're going to get to your quarterback, and we're going to make him make mistakes. There's no body we've played in the Sun Belt including Arkansas State that hasn't thrown at least one interception against us.

I am pretty confident when I say this will be the first time since Nebraska that Troy's Omar Hougabook will see alot of pressure--not as much as Nebraska, but more than anyone else the Trojans have played ever since.

GONE FISHIN
11-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Blueraiderpride i have watched MTSU a couple times this year and yes yall do have a speedy defense but there no where near the defense of Nebraska!!! and yall havent meet Mr Haugabook yet,he is a machine and you just dont bring the big fellow down !!you pressure him and he is gonna make ya pay somehow some way if its scrambling or finding a reciever thats open thats what the offense is set up to do make a quick decision and go with it .I dont think its gonna be as simple as you all think!!This is just plain and simple more fuel for the fire bro!!!

BlueRaiderPride
11-22-2006, 05:34 PM
Blueraiderpride i have watched MTSU a couple times this year and yes yall do have a speedy defense but there no where near the defense of Nebraska!!! and yall havent meet Mr Haugabook yet,he is a machine and you just dont bring the big fellow down !!you pressure him and he is gonna make ya pay somehow some way if its scrambling or finding a reciever thats open thats what the offense is set up to do make a quick decision and go with it .I dont think its gonna be as simple as you all think!!This is just plain and simple more fuel for the fire bro!!!

I didn't say we had a defense better than Nebraska. Re-read my post. I said it's the best ya'll will have seen since then MEANING we've got a better defense then what you saw against UAB, ULM , North Texas, Louisiana-Lafayette, Florida Atlantic, and Arkansas State.

As far as Haugabook, it really doesn't matter if we don't get to him. It's the hurry-ups that will cause him to make mistakes. And since we rank #1 in the league in tackles for loss, I can assure you that you won't be running the football on us. If you beat us, you'll have to do it from the air, and Haugabook will have to get the ball to an open receiver VERY quickly.

CHughes1102
11-22-2006, 05:41 PM
I didn't say we had a defense better than Nebraska. Re-read my post. I said it's the best ya'll will have seen since then MEANING we've got a better defense then what you saw against UAB, ULM , North Texas, Louisiana-Lafayette, Florida Atlantic, and Arkansas State.

As far as Haugabook, it really doesn't matter if we don't get to him. It's the hurry-ups that will cause him to make mistakes. And since we rank #1 in the league in tackles for loss, I can assure you that you won't be running the football on us. If you beat us, you'll have to do it from the air, and Haugabook will have to get the ball to an open receiver VERY quickly.

Ahhhhhh nothing like Cattouse running for a touchdown.

ksdtrojan
11-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Troy wins over an overconfident MTSU.

TROY 38
MTSU 17

(I honestly hope their players are as overconfident[COCKY] as their fans!)

Raider1515
11-22-2006, 09:53 PM
MTSU 35
Troy 10

Sorry, I would have given you more, but i wasnt to impressed after seeing you guys play last week. No offense, but you guys did not look together. I am strictly judging this off of last weeks performance, but I really havent followed you guys that much this season. Like always, I just hope for a good, injury free game.

GO BLUE

Navarre Trojan
11-22-2006, 10:35 PM
I'm very well aware of Banks' sprained ankle which according to one of YOUR newspapers said he was injured in the game against the Cajuns, not FAU.

We don't not run man-to-man coverage. We go after the quarterback on every single play. That's part of the reason Louisiana-Lafayette had seven turnovers against Middle Tennessee including four interceptions to the same person. FAU had four turnovers as well including two interceptions.

One reason why I'm not TOTALLY concerned with Troy's passing attack is because we're going to get to your quarterback, and we're going to make him make mistakes. There's no body we've played in the Sun Belt including Arkansas State that hasn't thrown at least one interception against us.

I am pretty confident when I say this will be the first time since Nebraska that Troy's Omar Hougabook will see alot of pressure--not as much as Nebraska, but more than anyone else the Trojans have played ever since.

By the way Pride, how may times did this "dominate defense" get to the Carolina quarterbacks last weekend? Just curious, as close as that game was, you guys were probably just one more pic or fumble away from completly dominating that game!!!!!!

BlueRaiderPride
11-22-2006, 11:27 PM
By the way Pride, how may times did this "dominate defense" get to the Carolina quarterbacks last weekend? Just curious, as close as that game was, you guys were probably just one more pic or fumble away from completly dominating that game!!!!!!

There's a talent gap between Power Six conference schools and Sun Belt schools that even you apparently don't understand. That's why Florida State was able to pull away from you in the 4th quarter. Their depth outlasted yours. Same with Georgia Tech.

Don't try to compare us with South Carolina. Offensively, ya'll didn't do jack crap against miserable UAB and as I said before, you imploded defensively in the second half of games against Florida State and Georgia Tech.

TrojanWar
11-22-2006, 11:35 PM
Don't try to compare us with South Carolina. Offensively, ya'll didn't do jack crap against miserable UAB and as I said before, you imploded defensively in the second half of games against Florida State and Georgia Tech.

...and MTSU did not play at FSU, at Georgia Tech, and at Nebraska in successive weeks leading up to their game at South Carolina. That's what we faced before our trip to Birmingham. Spin it anyway you want, but I doubt the MUTS would have faired much better after that stretch. Was it smart? Heck no, and I hope we eventually stop scheduling all these big teams so close together! No Sun Belt team could endure our OOC schedule this year.

BlueRaiderPride
11-23-2006, 02:35 AM
...and MTSU did not play at FSU, at Georgia Tech, and at Nebraska in successive weeks leading up to their game at South Carolina. That's what we faced before our trip to Birmingham. Spin it anyway you want, but I doubt the MUTS would have faired much better after that stretch. Was it smart? Heck no, and I hope we eventually stop scheduling all these big teams so close together! No Sun Belt team could endure our OOC schedule this year.

Well considering how bad Florida State is and they struggled to beat Western Michigan as well, I'd say at full strength, we would've beat them. Something about our team that I really like is our ability to seal the win. Middle Tennessee has not lost a second half lead this season. In fact, Middle Tennessee came from behind 7 at the half to win by 14 on the road at ULM by shutting them out the entire second half. But Middle Tennessee is probably #1 in the Sun Belt when it comes to finishing off an opponent.

Not only do I feel we would've beaten Florida State, I think we would've beaten UAB as well. With your schedule, I can confidentally say that I believe we'd be at least 7-3 and probably 8-2. Georgia Tech and Nebraska are the only two teams on your schedule that would've without a shadow of a doubt beaten us. Florida State's the toss-up with losses to Maryland and NC State and a 30-0 shutout loss at home to Wake Forest? Yeah, FSU is bad. Even in victory they were bad struggling to beat Troy, Western Michigan, and a BAD Miami team. I think if we were 100% going into FSU as I assume you guys were, I think we would've taken 'em down.

UAB would've had no chance in heck of beating the team we have this year. UAB only has 3 wins this year. They play up to the big boys, but down to their level of competition.

socrgoly25
11-23-2006, 02:46 AM
I think if we were 100% going into FSU as I assume you guys were, I think we would've taken 'em down.

UAB would've had no chance in heck of beating the team we have this year. UAB only has 3 wins this year. They play up to the big boys, but down to their level of competition.

We were near 100% playing FSU, until they cheap shot Omar on a trick play where Banks hit Omar for a long gain that ended up coming back. Not to mention the home-cooking they got from officiating, which I'm sure you've seen the ass-end of against BCS opponents as well. Also, our first real challenge with our new offense being installed.....geez man, cut us some slack.

How many times do we have to explain the UAB loss? God, you were a couple points away from being the only win on the belt of FIU, one of two winless teams in Division 1A. What's your EXCUSE for that? That's why the game is played on the field. More than likely, we would beat UAB if we had another shot at them this year. They were fortunate enough to have caught us at the wrong time. God, I can't wait to win this weekend so y'all will have something better to do with your time than to keep stirring the pot with the same BS.

BlueRaiderPride
11-23-2006, 02:56 AM
We were near 100% playing FSU, until they cheap shot Omar on a trick play where Banks hit Omar for a long gain that ended up coming back. Not to mention the home-cooking they got from officiating, which I'm sure you've seen the ass-end of against BCS opponents as well. Also, our first real challenge with our new offense being installed.....geez man, cut us some slack.

How many times do we have to explain the UAB loss? God, you were a couple points away from being the only win on the belt of FIU, one of two winless teams in Division 1A. What's your EXCUSE for that? That's why the game is played on the field. More than likely, we would beat UAB if we had another shot at them this year. They were fortunate enough to have caught us at the wrong time. God, I can't wait to win this weekend so y'all will have something better to do with your time than to keep stirring the pot with the same BS.

Man, I thought you guys had Florida State. That would've been so great for the Sun Belt and your program. I was so disappointed when I saw the final score. Same thing with ULM this past weekend against Kentucky. Another close call. In all seriousness, the smack's been fun, but I do look forward to nice hard-fought game with a very classy university as Troy is. I hope you'll come by RV row and say "hi". I'm bringing some Jack Daniel cocktails. Lynchburg Lemonade and Wildberry Jack are my personal favorites. Of course, the Jack Daniels Distillery is about a 45 minute drive from where I live in the neighboring county.

I may not be on the boards much these next few days leading up to the game because I'll be very busy preparing for the event--large sign to make, my vehicle to clean, wash, and decorate. I've also got to arrange my ensemble for Saturday. Thanksgiving will take time out too. And we have a women's basketball game Friday night so there won't be much time for me to mess around on your board or ours.

But, seriously, hope you have a safe trip and enjoy your time in Murfreesboro except for the game! ;)

socrgoly25
11-23-2006, 03:11 AM
Man, I thought you guys had Florida State. That would've been so great for the Sun Belt and your program. I was so disappointed when I saw the final score. Same thing with ULM this past weekend against Kentucky. Another close call. In all seriousness, the smack's been fun, but I do look forward to nice hard-fought game with a very classy university as Troy is. I hope you'll come by RV row and say "hi". I'm bringing some Jack Daniel cocktails. Lynchburg Lemonade and Wildberry Jack are my personal favorites. Of course, the Jack Daniels Distillery is about a 45 minute drive from where I live in the neighboring county.

I may not be on the boards much these next few days leading up to the game because I'll be very busy preparing for the event--large sign to make, my vehicle to clean, wash, and decorate. I've also got to arrange my ensemble for Saturday. Thanksgiving will take time out too. And we have a women's basketball game Friday night so there won't be much time for me to mess around on your board or ours.

But, seriously, hope you have a safe trip and enjoy your time in Murfreesboro except for the game! ;)

Fair enough. We'll see y'all Saturday. May the best team win.....and we will. ;)

TrojanWar
11-23-2006, 11:07 AM
In all seriousness, the smack's been fun, but I do look forward to nice hard-fought game with a very classy university as Troy is.

You have enjoyed getting your a$$ handed to you over here? You talk a lot, but just about all of your points are either made up or not very well thought out. You have been owned in just about every thread you've posted in. Now, go naw on a turkey leg and we'll see you back here after the game. Oh, and BluePride, what time does the Pride March start up there in Murfreesboro Saturday? Do you and My Little Pony lead the way?

TSUWhiner
11-23-2006, 11:58 AM
MTSU 44
Troy 13

and thats being nice since we lost to Arkansuck state!

Whiner

socrgoly25
11-23-2006, 01:47 PM
MTSU 44
Troy 13

and thats being nice since we lost to Arkansuck state!

Whiner

Post number 2,085 of negativity towards the team this week......that's got to be a new forum record. Maybe you should change your tag to MTSUWhiner.

TSUWhiner
11-23-2006, 09:00 PM
who cares if I am negative or not..sometimes people cant handle it..its obvious you cant..since you have to make a comment about it..deal with it..or just dont say anything about it! and believe me I am a more loyal fan than you would ever know! GO TROY

oh and by the way that is post #641 for you just so we get then numbers correct :)
Whiner

jagd1305
11-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Would love to see Troy pull this one off, but...the defense really needs to show intent to stop the run. MT's offense is much more potent than what we witnessed last week and this is at Middle's house.
MTSU-37
TU-17
Unfortunately, it will not be an injury-free game...some Middle fans get injured when the goalposts come down!

Troy87
11-24-2006, 08:23 PM
My Prediction;

In a close one late.....

Troy 38
MTSU 34

troyboy
11-25-2006, 01:47 AM
I always try to be optomistic about the Trojans. But I just do not have a good feeling about this Match up. From what I've heard, MTSU is all wrong for us...The sad prediction below.

MTSU 31
TROY 17

Now Trojans, blow this pitiful prediction out of the water!!!