PDA

View Full Version : The Palladium has a new look.

BlueRaiderPride
11-21-2006, 03:59 PM
It now stands 41" tall about a foot and a half more than what the original size was. IMPRESSIVE!

http://blueraiderzone.com/palladium2.jpg

GoMTBlue
11-21-2006, 04:00 PM
Here's a link to all the pics.
http://forums.delphiforums.com/mtraiders/messages?msg=44112.1

BlueRaiderPride
11-21-2006, 04:00 PM
http://blueraiderzone.com/palladium3.jpg

BlueRaiderPride
11-21-2006, 04:02 PM
http://blueraiderzone.com/palladium5.jpg

BlueRaiderPride
11-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Here's a link to all the pics.
http://forums.delphiforums.com/mtraiders/messages?msg=44112.1

Dan did a FANTASTIC job!!!! I am very impressed.

TrojanWar
11-21-2006, 04:55 PM
So, MTSU made themselves a trophy for beating Troy since way back in 1936? Nice, but I could care less about this trophy. All I care about is beating MTSU and going to New Orleans. If the trophy comes with that, then so be it.

CardinalBlackTrojan
11-21-2006, 04:56 PM
It looks great, but I don't the "Palladium Champions" part. The Palladium has only been around for 3 years. So the first Palladium Champ would be Troy in 2004, then MTSU in 2005, and soon Troy in 2006...

CHughes1102
11-21-2006, 04:58 PM
It looks great, but I don't the "Palladium Champions" part. The Palladium has only been around for 3 years. So the first Palladium Champ would be Troy in 2004, then MTSU in 2005, and soon Troy in 2006...

Well MTSU made it so what do you expect. I would like to say though that it looks great!!! Whoever did it, did a great job!!!!

CardinalBlackTrojan
11-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Well MTSU made it so what do you expect.

Good point. The trophy seems a little bias against Troy. Plus, no one else's rivalry trophy has the score of past games.

TrojanWar
11-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Good point. The trophy seems a little bias against Troy. Plus, no one else's rivalry trophy has the score of past games.

Like I said, MTSU made themselves a trophy. Yes, it looks nice, but I could care less about it.

BillyRubin
11-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Like I said, MTSU made themselves a trophy. Yes, it looks nice, but I could care less about it.

Give them credit for making it. Kudos...It will look nice at TU for the next few years. I almost hate to take it away.

Is that Minerva on top????

GoMTBlue
11-21-2006, 05:34 PM
Most rivalry trophies have the score of past games.

I do agree with the fact that I didn't want all the previous year's scores on the trophy. I wanted the first score to be when the Palladium was first played for, which was 2004 and Troy won it that year.

This isn't just a MT trophy. MT and Troy SGA's worked together on this project. I'm not sure how much, if any, of the money came from Troy to build the Palladium. I know Troy was supposed to chip in, but I have no details as to weather they did or not.

The idea came from the MT message board, but both school were heavily involved in the process.

GoMTBlue
11-21-2006, 05:39 PM
You can see the scores down the sides of these trophies.
http://www.gophersports.com/pics12/640/ML/MLCYHPITSZXKVWZ.20060526163157.jpg

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper851/stills/3d4dff693c03a-95-1.jpg

pkf4troy
11-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Well haven't those trophies been around that long?

troy4ever
11-21-2006, 05:52 PM
It's not the fact that we don't like the scores being on there. That's fine. It's the fact that we don't like the scores of games that existed before the rivalry was officialy named "Battle for the Palladium" and the trophy was created. I also think it should have had just the scores from the past two years.

BlueRaiderPride
11-21-2006, 06:02 PM
It's not the fact that we don't like the scores being on there. That's fine. It's the fact that we don't like the scores of games that existed before the rivalry was officialy named "Battle for the Palladium" and the trophy was created. I also think it should have had just the scores from the past two years.

Well, I'll be the first to tell you that Ricky Hazel did not object to having all the scores from every matchup in history between these two teams placed on the trophy.

The mentality is this. If Troy had won those games in past years, would there still be objection by Troy fans? No, there wouldn't be.

Really, you should blame your past teams for losing to Middle Tennessee and scarring your history, but that's life.

The new Palladium's look had approval from the athletic departement officials of both Middle Tennessee and Troy.

NWFLTrojan
11-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Why do the teams switch sides where the scores are listed. At first I thought it was placing the winner first, but that is not the case.

Whatever the reason, why not lable it at the top.

Other than that, it looks nice. I assume it is wood?

I have no problem with listing all of the scores, hopefully we can rattle off several years of wins ourselves to even the tally.

BlueRaiderPride
11-21-2006, 06:24 PM
The Visiting Team is labeled first. The home team is labeled second.

tsu00
11-21-2006, 06:42 PM
with everything you said War, except for one thing: MTSU made a nice trophy for US, as we will soon be owning it.....

troy4ever
11-21-2006, 07:07 PM
Just because Ricky Hazel and our athletic department approved does not mean I agree with their decision. There's lots of things that Ricky and our athletic department do that the fan base doesn't agree with. I'm sure such is the case with MT as well.

You can accuse me of not liking the scores being on the trophy due to the fact that MT has dominated the rivalry all you want. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I can even see how you would see that. BUT...this "official" rivalry wasn't really born until recently. Therefore, that's why I think the scores should be just as new as the trophy. Nothing against the past. I'm all about honoring the past. So even if the domination of the overall series were reversed in Troy's favor, I would still feel the same way.

formerlytsufan
11-21-2006, 07:52 PM
Just because Ricky Hazel and our athletic department approved does not mean I agree with their decision. There's lots of things that Ricky and our athletic department do that the fan base doesn't agree with. I'm sure such is the case with MT as well.

You can accuse me of not liking the scores being on the trophy due to the fact that MT has dominated the rivalry all you want. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I can even see how you would see that. BUT...this "official" rivalry wasn't really born until recently. Therefore, that's why I think the scores should be just as new as the trophy. Nothing against the past. I'm all about honoring the past. So even if the domination of the overall series were reversed in Troy's favor, I would still feel the same way.

Not sure that I like Ricky Hazel making the final decisions for Troy...

TSUWhiner
11-21-2006, 08:22 PM
very cool trophy..I hope they put that in the NCAA 2007..and our facking fight song.......

Whiner

opnsgreg
11-21-2006, 08:40 PM
She LOVES Murfreesboro!!! And she says she's STAYING!!!!
http://www.blueraiderzone.com/mygallery/clickgallery/users/62/paladium-bww-group429.jpg

TrojanWar
11-21-2006, 10:42 PM
She LOVES Murfreesboro!!! And she says she's STAYING!!!!

Great. Even if we win, you can keep your trophy. That's how I feel about it. The New Orleans bowl is the only prize I want. MTSU is not a rivalry game to me. It's just another Sun Belt team we must play each year. Sorry, but I don't "hate" MTSU any more than most of the other Sun Belt schools. There has to be a reason for a rivalry. One can't just say they are starting a rivalry and expect everyone to go along with it.

troy4ever
11-21-2006, 10:50 PM
What's this? Is MTSU letting fans take the trophy out on trips to the bar now? Hmmm...

TrojanWar
11-21-2006, 11:03 PM
What's this? Is MTSU letting fans take the trophy out on trips to the bar now? Hmmm...

I think we should refuse the trophy even if we win. That would be awesome!!!!!

TroyTuba
11-21-2006, 11:57 PM
Well, I'll be the first to tell you that Ricky Hazel did not object to having all the scores from every matchup in history between these two teams placed on the trophy.

The mentality is this. If Troy had won those games in past years, would there still be objection by Troy fans? No, there wouldn't be.

Really, you should blame your past teams for losing to Middle Tennessee and scarring your history, but that's life.

The new Palladium's look had approval from the athletic departement officials of both Middle Tennessee and Troy.

Man, don't sweat the small stuff, you'll soon figure out that Troy fans will ***** about everything when we're losing and that not much will ever satisfy any of us.

GoMTBlue
11-22-2006, 12:02 AM
nmnmnmnmnmnm

KAjunRaider
11-22-2006, 12:41 AM

When it says "Palladium Champions" it means the winner of the "current or most recent" MT/Troy game.

If Troy beats MT on Saturday, then Troy will be the Palladium Champions.

There ain't that much room on the trophy to explain everything.

MT fans paid over $1800 for the trophy. We are/were trying to do something good for both universities.

If Troy was so interested in the "scores", then why didn't they get the thing engraved with the Troy win 2 years ageaux? It sat at Troy for a year and nothing was done-- no score was engraved by Troy.

I can guarantee you that the Troy football players will will be PROUD and will be hoisting the trophy high if they win on Saturday.

Both MT and Troy's Athletics Dept's are trying to promote this thing. Maybe we should sit on our arses and do nothing..........

BlueRaiderPride
11-22-2006, 12:44 AM
Great. Even if we win, you can keep your trophy. That's how I feel about it. The New Orleans bowl is the only prize I want. MTSU is not a rivalry game to me. It's just another Sun Belt team we must play each year. Sorry, but I don't "hate" MTSU any more than most of the other Sun Belt schools. There has to be a reason for a rivalry. One can't just say they are starting a rivalry and expect everyone to go along with it.

Okay, now you sound like a baby, because now you're just whining and that's something you didn't do when Troy won the trophy in '04 when we were having a pretty sh!tty season on our side.

If you don't want a rival in 1-A, then maybe you should tell your AD that Troy needs to step back down to the 1-AA Southland so you can rejoin Jacksonville State since you have so much history together. Face it, it's not like you got much to play for most years anyway. Perhaps you are better suited for the 1-AA playoffs?

I kinda' take offense to your comments as me and several others spent alot of their time and hard-earned money to make this thing a reality so both schools could benefit. Troy messed up last year when they didn't have it on the sideline to be seen by cameras during last year's televised game.

I know you're most pissed about every score in history being placed on the trophy, well guess what? Too bad! It's not fair to cheat history and pretend like these schools never played before 2004. When an ESPN camera gets a good shot of that trophy, I don't want them to think that these two schools only go back two or three years. I want them to see that these two schools DO have a history. That's important to an on-going healthy rivalry.

If anything, should you win the trophy back, those past scores should serve as motivation to your players to keep winning everytime they walk past that trophy and see how Middle Tennessee as a university as put to shame their alma mater more times than not to a point when they are no longer ashamed.

If Troy had won every single game in the series, I wouldn't have wanted it any different.

BlueRaiderPride
11-22-2006, 12:48 AM

The trophy was on loan by our university so it can be redone so we could help make it look larger and more meaningful. And it does. It looks nice. Middle Tennessee officials will be getting the trophy back tomorrow morning.

TrojanWar
11-22-2006, 09:43 AM
Okay, now you sound like a baby, because now you're just whining and that's something you didn't do when Troy won the trophy in '04 when we were having a pretty sh!tty season on our side.

If you don't want a rival in 1-A, then maybe you should tell your AD that Troy needs to step back down to the 1-AA Southland so you can rejoin Jacksonville State since you have so much history together. Face it, it's not like you got much to play for most years anyway. Perhaps you are better suited for the 1-AA playoffs?

I kinda' take offense to your comments as me and several others spent alot of their time and hard-earned money to make this thing a reality so both schools could benefit. Troy messed up last year when they didn't have it on the sideline to be seen by cameras during last year's televised game.

I know you're most pissed about every score in history being placed on the trophy, well guess what? Too bad! It's not fair to cheat history and pretend like these schools never played before 2004. When an ESPN camera gets a good shot of that trophy, I don't want them to think that these two schools only go back two or three years. I want them to see that these two schools DO have a history. That's important to an on-going healthy rivalry.

If anything, should you win the trophy back, those past scores should serve as motivation to your players to keep winning everytime they walk past that trophy and see how Middle Tennessee as a university as put to shame their alma mater more times than not to a point when they are no longer ashamed.

If Troy had won every single game in the series, I wouldn't have wanted it any different.

I think you should go back and read all of my posts again. There is no whining on my part. I just said I could care less about the trophy, win or lose. Even without the scores on it, I feel the same way. I'm sorry you put so much time and effort into it. I may be in the minority, but I don't support the MTSU game as a "rivalry" game at this point. UAB has been a more heated rivalry for Troy fans and whether the UAB fans want to admit it or not, it is an instate rivalry. I'm sure you saw our board the week or two leading up to the UAB games the last 3 years. It gets UGLY over here. Someone needs to carve out a wooden Glock to go to the winner of the Troy versus UAB winner. What does MTSU have to play for that Troy does not?

formerlytsufan
11-22-2006, 10:58 AM
I think you should go back and read all of my posts again. There is no whining on my part. I just said I could care less about the trophy, win or lose. Even without the scores on it, I feel the same way. I'm sorry you put so much time and effort into it. I may be in the minority, but I don't support the MTSU game as a "rivalry" game at this point. UAB has been a more heated rivalry for Troy fans and whether the UAB fans want to admit it or not, it is an instate rivalry. I'm sure you saw our board the week or two leading up to the UAB games the last 3 years. It gets UGLY over here. Someone needs to carve out a wooden Glock to go to the winner of the Troy versus UAB winner. What does MTSU have to play for that Troy does not?

A chance to run their "infomercials" another week?

cheapguy2006
11-22-2006, 11:36 AM

Wrong again idiot.

Paul Bunyons axe does, and I do believe the bell Cincy and Miami U. play does as well.
I'm almost certain the Little Brown Jug has the scores on it.
The Stanford Axe has the scores on it.
Purdue and Indiana play for the "old oaken barrel" the winning team adds a large golden P or an I for each win.
There are several others that have scores on them...I will find and post as I can.

For the record the trophy looks damn good and will look great in the Tyne Davis Field House.

CardinalBlackTrojan
11-22-2006, 12:16 PM
Well my fault! damn... I JUST DON'T LIKE THE "PALLADIUM CHAMPIONS" PART, PERIOD. Like some people before have said, the Battle for the Palladium has only been around since 2004.

Scoots71
11-22-2006, 03:08 PM
I like it. It looks great as a whole. The only thing that could have been done better is to put all of the MTSU scores on one side, and all the TROY scores on the other side of the years. It is sort of confusing to look at with how it is. Other than that, it looks great, and the people at MTSU actually did a somewhat good job on something.