PDA

View Full Version : Championships are won on the road!

Nice Trojan
11-21-2006, 09:26 AM
This is the way to define a champion. They win on the road. Troy has the opportunity to win two games on the road and win the SBC. What does the Trojan Nation think will happen? Are we going to do it? Do we have enough left in the tank to win two tough road games? If we want to go to NO, then we better pull these out. One at a time...........our offense shows up this week, but not our defense.

Troy 34
MTSU 31

Navarre Trojan
11-21-2006, 09:52 AM
but after listening to LBs press conference this morning, I think the defense will be there, in force, to make a statement. According to Larry, he has "challenged the defense" which I believe is code for, "I have expressed my displeasure in the way the defense has performed lately!"

I think the defense will show up. This qb is not the running type we have seen in the past, but he can throw and makes good decisions. I think the time is now for the "Co-coordinators" to step up, or this to shall see a change in the off season.

kiwan
11-21-2006, 09:54 AM
I think there will be a change in the off-season anyway.

ksdtrojan
11-21-2006, 09:58 AM
but after listening to LBs press conference this morning, I think the defense will be there, in force, to make a statement. According to Larry, he has "challenged the defense" which I believe is code for, "I have expressed my displeasure in the way the defense has performed lately!"

I think the defense will show up. This qb is not the running type we have seen in the past, but he can throw and makes good decisions. I think the time is now for the "Co-coordinators" to step up, or this to shall see a change in the off season.

Navarre, I agree! I gathered the same feelings from his comments in the press conference. He is definitely disturbed that our defense has not been up to snuff pretty much all season with the exception of the North Texas game and maybe FSU. I am banking on the best showing by our D in this game against MTSU.

Pcbtrojan
11-21-2006, 10:08 AM
We have big time speed and pursuit but we are undisciplined with that aspect. I've watched too many times our ends crashing in, getting caught inside, and the QB rolling out and making good yardage. The tackling this year on the outside has been below par.

Nice Trojan
11-21-2006, 10:16 AM
We have had a lot of over pursuits and a lot of hesitant tacklers. I don't know how many of you have noticed, but it appears half of the time our defense is afraid to hit someone. A few times I have seen them make it to the QB only to stanbd there shocked that they made it through the O-Line, and not put the QB on his ass. Like they are still at practice where they dont tackle the QB. This causes alot of the QB scrambles and overpursuits. Scrambling QB's kill our defense.

I hope you guys are right and that LB ripped into them. At the beginning of the 2nd half last week, it looked like they were just going to take over tha game. But if you are out there all game, then it gets tiring. I hope they are fired up this week.

I know I will be there screaming my head off, driving my Troy colored truck, with my Troy flags and license plate and my Troy trailer hitch cover and whatever else Troy I can find to show my pride on the way there.

BlueRaiderPride
11-21-2006, 12:56 PM
This is the way to define a champion. They win on the road. Troy has the opportunity to win two games on the road and win the SBC. What does the Trojan Nation think will happen? Are we going to do it? Do we have enough left in the tank to win two tough road games? If we want to go to NO, then we better pull these out. One at a time...........our offense shows up this week, but not our defense.

Troy 34
MTSU 31

Tell that to Michigan. Close game, but I don't think very many doubted that Ohio State would lose.

GONE FISHIN
11-21-2006, 01:56 PM
Mr Blueraiderpride i understand what your saying here and yes it makes sense but i see a little of the "cocky side" way to early from your raider fans obviously you all think yall have this championship won and thats bad,bad,bad cause ya know what happens when ya get cocky to early.Anyway i agree with the previous post i think to the loss to asu could have been the best thing happen to troy so far,the team knows now what there up against and know what it take to win this championship.So just have the Blue Raiders prepared and ready for a dog fight to the end cause the TROJANS are ready for war!!!!! good luck see yall saturday.

NWFLTrojan
11-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Something I don't know and hopefully our MTSU friends can enilighten me.

It is my understanding that MTSU has a pretty good ground game. Is that true?

Is it misdirection or do they try to drive it down your throat?

I know we have had trouble with both this year, but I feel we do better if the opposition tries to line up and run up the middle. We can not handle misdirection or a mobile quarterback.

It is good to hear that MTSU's QB is not a runner, maybe we have a chance.

BlueRaiderPride
11-21-2006, 06:22 PM
Something I don't know and hopefully our MTSU friends can enilighten me.

It is my understanding that MTSU has a pretty good ground game. Is that true?

Is it misdirection or do they try to drive it down your throat?

I know we have had trouble with both this year, but I feel we do better if the opposition tries to line up and run up the middle. We can not handle misdirection or a mobile quarterback.

It is good to hear that MTSU's QB is not a runner, maybe we have a chance.

Depends on which quarterback you see. Craddock is very much a dual threat QB. Middle Tennessee likes to run it up the middle, but we are decent at both. The Raiders have three capable running back: Gross, Gee, and McNair.

Eugene Gross ran for 208 yards on 21 carries against Florida Atlantic. He also ran for over 80 yards against Arkansas State, but it was Demarco McNair who led the team with 102 yards on 9 carries against ASU.

Another player you want watch our for is #5 Damon Nickson who was nomiated the Walter Camp National Defensive Player of the Week and Nagurski National Defensive Player of the Week in the same weekend. That was when Nickson hauled in FOUR interceptions against Louisiana on the Cajuns homecoming game. One interception went returned some 15-20 yards for the easy score. Nickson has also returned two kickoffs for touchdowns--one against Louisville and the other against Florida Atlantic. I expect he'll have a good day against Troy returning punts and kickoffs.

formerlytsufan
11-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Depends on which quarterback you see. Craddock is very much a dual threat QB. Middle Tennessee likes to run it up the middle, but we are decent at both. The Raiders have three capable running back: Gross, Gee, and McNair.

Eugene Gross ran for 208 yards on 21 carries against Florida Atlantic. He also ran for over 80 yards against Arkansas State, but it was Demarco McNair who led the team with 102 yards on 9 carries against ASU.

Another player you want watch our for is #5 Damon Nickson who was nomiated the Walter Camp National Defensive Player of the Week and Nagurski National Defensive Player of the Week in the same weekend. That was when Nickson hauled in FOUR interceptions against Louisiana on the Cajuns homecoming game. One interception went returned some 15-20 yards for the easy score. Nickson has also returned two kickoffs for touchdowns--one against Louisville and the other against Florida Atlantic. I expect he'll have a good day against Troy returning punts and kickoffs.

I wouldn't expect you to say anything different. I am getting sick of this constant drum beating on behalf of the Blue Raiders. Win or lose, I will be glad when this week is over so that I can quit hearing how great MTSU is.

socrgoly25
11-21-2006, 08:11 PM
I wouldn't expect you to say anything different. I am getting sick of this constant drum beating on behalf of the Blue Raiders. Win or lose, I will be glad when this week is over so that I can quit hearing how great MTSU is.

Sadly, if we lose, they won't shutup until they are eliminated next year.

ksdtrojan
11-21-2006, 08:15 PM
Sadly, if we lose, they won't shutup until they are eliminated next year.

I am actually happy they are over here talking some smack! They are really the first teams fans that have talked any kind of smack this year! So bring it on! The victory will be so much more sweeter when TROY wins Saturday!

TSUWhiner
11-21-2006, 08:17 PM
We are 1-12 against MTSU..so I am sorry but our season is over with..prove me wrong..I will still support the team..but not beating Arkansuck state every year just ruins the MTSU game

MTSU 55
Troy 6

sighs

Whiner

socrgoly25
11-21-2006, 08:44 PM
We are 1-12 against MTSU..so I am sorry but our season is over with..prove me wrong..I will still support the team..but not beating Arkansuck state every year just ruins the MTSU game

MTSU 55
Troy 6

sighs

Whiner

I think we heard you one of the first 50 times you've said it this week.....glad you remain optimistic.

opnsgreg
11-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Great teams step up, on the road or not. Middle is a great team. 'nuf said.

opnsgreg
11-21-2006, 09:06 PM
I am actually happy they are over here talking some smack! They are really the first teams fans that have talked any kind of smack this year! So bring it on! The victory will be so much more sweeter when TROY wins Saturday!
Which Saturday? Not this Saturday!

ksdtrojan
11-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Which Saturday? Not this Saturday!

Yep this Saturday! Would you like the date? 11/25/06
Talk is cheap but that is all we as fans can do: TALK! So talk your smack about MUTS and we will talk ours about TROY! Then on Saturday (11/25/06) one will be left to eat crow. So grab your fork, knife, and napkin (Oh wait you guys are from Tennessee so your hands and shirt sleeve will do!), I hear the Hill Billy Hilton is already planning to serve some of that crow for all you MUTS fans immediately following the game. Bon Appetite!

CardinalBlackTrojan
11-21-2006, 10:29 PM

You must not know too much about some of our players. If you haven't already looked it up, Troy leads the league in kickoff coverage, so we'll see just how good he REALLY is. And if you ask me, Leodis is just as good as Nickson, if not better.

So don't think MUTS is gonna walk all over Troy just because we lost to Arky State. I have a feeling Troy is up for the challenge this weekend. Troy knows what is on the line. I also have a feeling the MTSU players might be a little too cocky since they be StAte and we lost to StAte.

TrojanWar
11-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Great teams step up, on the road or not. Middle is a great team. 'nuf said.

Great teams don't lose 52-7 to teams with 5-5 records. Sun Belt teams lose like that and there are no great teams in our conference. MTSU is one of the better teams rated as the worst teams in college football. Congratulations.

BlueRaiderPride
11-22-2006, 12:19 AM

First off, you weren't the one asking about the type of ground game we run.

Secondly, everything I posted that you consider "drum beating" is all about how we run the football and how well we run the football.

Thirdly, it's facts. If the facts are a problem for you, then too bad.

BlueRaiderPride
11-22-2006, 12:30 AM
Great teams don't lose 52-7 to teams with 5-5 records. Sun Belt teams lose like that and there are no great teams in our conference. MTSU is one of the better teams rated as the worst teams in college football. Congratulations.

South Carolina was beaten by no more than 7 points to each of Auburn, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Florida. They didn't get the breaks. That doesn't make them a bad team regardless of record.

It could be worse. Losing by 18 points with no touchdowns to a 3-8 Conference USA team would be MUCH worse!

socrgoly25
11-22-2006, 01:55 AM
South Carolina was beaten by no more than 7 points to each of Auburn, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Florida. They didn't get the breaks. That doesn't make them a bad team regardless of record.

It could be worse. Losing by 18 points with no touchdowns to a 3-8 Conference USA team would be MUCH worse!

Dude, half our team was hurt and UAB was circling that game on their calendar all summer, just look at the promotions they had all over B-ham about DESTROY TROY. Not to leave out the fact that we were still trying to get this new offense in place, our kicker blows balls, and we were missing our team captain on defense (Marcus Richardson). Good comeback though! Maybe you should just use the excuse your team was looking ahead to Troy this week. At least that halfway validates an ass-kicking by 50 points.

BlueRaiderPride
11-22-2006, 02:05 AM
Dude, half our team was hurt and UAB was circling that game on their calendar all summer, just look at the promotions they had all over B-ham about DESTROY TROY. Not to leave out the fact that we were still trying to get this new offense in place, our kicker blows balls, and we were missing our team captain on defense (Marcus Richardson). Good comeback though! Maybe you should just use the excuse your team was looking ahead to Troy this week. At least that halfway validates an ass-kicking by 50 points.

Well, I don't try to make excuses for losing. But I see that hasn't stopped you from making up stories for playing like junk yourself.

socrgoly25
11-22-2006, 02:13 AM
Well, I don't try to make excuses for losing. But I see that hasn't stopped you from making up stories for playing like junk yourself.

You're going to tell me that this isn't an excuse for losing by 50 to South Carolina:

Originally Posted by BlueRaiderPride

And I didn't make up stories.....those were facts.

BlueRaiderPride
11-22-2006, 02:48 AM
No, dude. It's not an excuse. I wouldn't expect my team to lose by 45 points to Ohio State. South Carolina has a good team and there's no doubt in my mind they could beat Troy just as bad playing the way they did Saturday.

Socrgoly25,

Middle Tennessee has only played with 69 guys on scholarship ALL SEASON long because of the errors of the previous staff and infractions imposed. Middle Tennessee is competiting with fewer athletes on scholarship than any other school in the Sun Belt with a FIRST YEAR coaching staff. I am impressed at what they have done with what they have. 69 guys on scholarship and they went on the road to Arkansas State and blasted that team by four touchdowns.

THAT my friend, is getting it done. THAT right there is QUALITY football when you can do more with less. Troy will be walking into Murfreesboro with very close to 85 on scholarship. And I'd expect nothing more from my team to get the decisive win with less because of the quality of our staff and team.

formerlytsufan
11-22-2006, 08:19 AM
No, dude. It's not an excuse. I wouldn't expect my team to lose by 45 points to Ohio State. South Carolina has a good team and there's no doubt in my mind they could beat Troy just as bad playing the way they did Saturday.

Socrgoly25,

Middle Tennessee has only played with 69 guys on scholarship ALL SEASON long because of the errors of the previous staff and infractions imposed. Middle Tennessee is competiting with fewer athletes on scholarship than any other school in the Sun Belt with a FIRST YEAR coaching staff. I am impressed at what they have done with what they have. 69 guys on scholarship and they went on the road to Arkansas State and blasted that team by four touchdowns.

THAT my friend, is getting it done. THAT right there is QUALITY football when you can do more with less. Troy will be walking into Murfreesboro with very close to 85 on scholarship. And I'd expect nothing more from my team to get the decisive win with less because of the quality of our staff and team.

OK, I admire your team spirit, but all the MTSU infomercials are making me sick.

TrojanWar
11-22-2006, 09:51 AM
We didn't go around beating our chests after the Nebraska game this year. We were pissed!!! The fact that you and your fans are no more upset after getting trashed by 50 to a middle of the pack SEC team tells me that we have higher expectations for our team. I told you before the game that South Carolina was the best 5 loss team in the country, but you still held hope that MTSU could go up there and win. Sometimes you should stop and listen instead of talking all the time. You could learn a lot that way.

socrgoly25
11-22-2006, 12:09 PM

Socrgoly25,

I admire that, and I admire your devotion to your team. However, when you lose, are you going to say the better team won, or will you hold this first year coaching staff and scholarship stuff over our head?

BlueRaiderPride
11-22-2006, 12:33 PM
We didn't go around beating our chests after the Nebraska game this year. We were pissed!!! The fact that you and your fans are no more upset after getting trashed by 50 to a middle of the pack SEC team tells me that we have higher expectations for our team. I told you before the game that South Carolina was the best 5 loss team in the country, but you still held hope that MTSU could go up there and win. Sometimes you should stop and listen instead of talking all the time. You could learn a lot that way.

Of course we were upset about the loss to South Carolina, but we can't change it. It's Wednesday. I'm not going to dwell over a loss that happened four days ago. Our team has not lost two consecutive games this year. That right there tells me that this team we have gets over the losses quickly just like us fans.

That is contrary to a comment made by one of your players in the Troy Messenger when he said:

I don't get over a loss until we again.

When you can't put a loss behind you, that's what causes you to struggle an entire season to beat Sun Belt teams and that's exactly what Troy's story has been.

TrojanWar
11-22-2006, 12:39 PM
When did we lose to a Sun Belt team after a loss? MTSU did not play the same OOC schedule Troy did. We played 3 BCS teams in a row followed by UAB, with no weeks off. Since then, we have been on a roll up until the ASU game. I would like to see MTSU's record playing the exact same schedule. Players should not blow off losses as if they didn't happen. I think the ASU loss is great motivation for our guys and it is probably the worst thing that could have happened for MTSU.

TUrocks
11-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Of course we were upset about the loss to South Carolina, but we can't change it. It's Wednesday. I'm not going to dwell over a loss that happened four days ago. Our team has not lost two consecutive games this year. That right there tells me that this team we have gets over the losses quickly just like us fans.

That is contrary to a comment made by one of your players in the Troy Messenger when he said:

I don't get over a loss until we again.

When you can't put a loss behind you, that's what causes you to struggle an entire season to beat Sun Belt teams and that's exactly what Troy's story has been.

I'm glad you're over it, but is your coach???:

From the Dothan Eagle:

Troy Football: Stockstill overhauls Middle Tennessee

Drew Champlin / Eagle Sports Writer
November 22, 2006

advertisement

Rick Stockstill wasn’t just walking into a program that needed guidance when he took over the Middle Tennessee program last winter.

He was walking into an asylum. Not only had the football program suffered through four losing seasons under coach Andy McCollum, the academics were in total meltdown.

The NCAA’s Annual Performance Rate (APR) was at 812, the lowest in the nation. Because of that, recruiting numbers suffered.

Only 14 new players were signed this year and Stockstill estimated 68-69 men on scholarship now (the Division I-A limit is 85).

The program will lose some more scholarships over the next couple of years because of the APR fallouts.

"We would have been better off if we had given out some cars," Stockstill said at the Sun Belt preseason media days. "We wouldn’t have lost as many scholarships."

But the problems off the field are slowly being eliminated, thanks to team accountability and tough discipline brought on by Stockstill, a longtime assistant coach, formerly at South Carolina. He is also a former quarterback at Florida State.

"It’s been a complete overhaul with the whole program," Stockstill said Monday night. "At the beginning, if one guy missed class, we’d punish the whole team. That’s the accountability factor - we showed everyone we’re all in this thing together."

It’s translated to on-the-field success, despite a recent 52-7 loss to South Carolina that snapped a four-game win streak, all against Sun Belt teams.

"Last year I think we had 90 penalties on the field after 11 games," Stockstill said. "This year I think we’re at 60 after 11 games. We’re first in the conference in turnover margin. The discipline has carried over on the field."

Stockstill’s rematch against his former team couldn’t have come at a worse time, as though the Blue Raiders are 6-0 in conference, it was a week before the biggest game of the season - this Saturday at 2:30 p.m. at home against Troy.

The Trojans are 5-5, 4-1 in Sun Belt play, making this weekend’s game the most important of both teams’ seasons.

"We were beat up, and now we’re beat up a little bit more," Stockstill said. "We’ll have guys struggling to get on the field Saturday. Our confidence is shaken up, so we’ll have to get that back."

The Blue Raiders shouldn’t have any problems gearing up for Saturday’s game with another team that made vast changes in the offseason, switching to a spread, fast-paced offense with the arrival of first-year offensive coordinator Tony Franklin.

"They can run well on both sides of the ball," Stockstill said. "They’ve got receivers who can go up and get the ball, running backs who can stick it to you and a quarterback who is very dangerous."

Regardless of the outcome, Stockstill is proud of his team, one that has already clinched a co-championship.

"What these guys have accomplished is really incredible," Stockstill said. "Consider two our six (Sun Belt) wins have been at home and the other four have been on the road.

"But we were clobbered pretty good last week. It’s still hanging with us. I hope we put it behind us, but I wouldn’t say it’s behind us just yet."

BlueRaiderPride
11-22-2006, 12:57 PM
I stand corrected, but the record speaks for itself.

BlueRaiderPride
11-22-2006, 01:04 PM
When did we lose to a Sun Belt team after a loss? MTSU did not play the same OOC schedule Troy did. We played 3 BCS teams in a row followed by UAB, with no weeks off. Since then, we have been on a roll up until the ASU game. I would like to see MTSU's record playing the exact same schedule. Players should not blow off losses as if they didn't happen. I think the ASU loss is great motivation for our guys and it is probably the worst thing that could have happened for MTSU.

You're right. Middle Tennessee hasn't played a schedule as weak as yours. I hope you realize what you're saying. Instead of Alabama A&M (ranked last in their 1-AA conference), the worst team Florida State has fielded in several decades, overrated Georgia Tech team, and a really bad UAB team, we've had it pretty easy.

I'll give you Nebraska, but our Oklahoma trumps that.

We also played Tennessee Tech (not a good 1-AA team, but much better than Alabama A&M), South Carolina (would drill Florida State and definitely crush UAB), Maryland (who did beat Florida State), and Louisville (a Top 10 team) who would demolish Georgia Tech.

Not only that, WE beat all three of last year's co-champions--ULM, Louisiana, and Arkansas State--by no less than 2 touchdowns in each game ALL on the road!

I know that we've not only played a much tougher schedule than Troy, but we've done a HELLUVA' lot better WITH LESS ON SCHOLARSHIP!!

TrojanWar
11-22-2006, 01:06 PM
I stand corrected, but the record speaks for itself.

Not really. You said:

How has that been our story? When have we lost a Sun Belt game following a loss? Like I said in another post my friend, you should spend more time listening than talking.

Navarre Trojan
11-22-2006, 02:05 PM
South Carolina (would drill Florida State and definitely crush UAB),

who beat Wofford 27-20, is it?

TrojanWar
11-22-2006, 02:13 PM

And got shutout by a fair Georgia team.

BlueRaiderPride
11-22-2006, 02:25 PM

I see. So you deduce your winners by comparing scores? Okay. Troy lost to Arkansas State 33-26 (that's 7-point loss). Middle Tennessee beat Arkansas State 38-10 (that's a 28-point win for us). Let's give an additional 3 points to Middle Tennessee for being at home.

So according to my calculations, Middle Tennessee will beat Troy by 38 points? Do you really believe that?

Or let's go with this one.

Louisiana-Monroe lost to Kansas 21-19. Kansas in turn beat Kansas State 39-20. And Kansas State in turn beat #4 Texas 45-42. So basically, since you compare scores to deduce your winner, you're saying Kansas would beat Texas by 16 and Louisiana-Monroe would not only beat Texas by 14, they'd beat Kansas State by 17.

Go ahead and compare scores. Florida State has the exact same record as South Carolina against a crappier schedule in a crappier conference.

BlueRaiderPride
11-22-2006, 02:28 PM
And got shutout by a fair Georgia team.

You like comparing scores too, huh? Let's see. Georgia beat UAB 34-0.

Navarre Trojan
11-22-2006, 02:50 PM
all I was doing was piggy backing on your comments, and I thought your comment of "...South Carolina (would drill Florida State and definitely crush UAB)" needed to have the entire story/schedule told.

Now, it appeared to me that you were expressing an opinion about how good South Carolina is and quantifying the 'beat down' your Raiders took last week. Also, by re-defining the season Troy has had and comparing it to the season MTSU has had, that's all.

You talked about how your schedule "trumped" our schedule (see your comments referring to Nebraska and Oklahoma). I am not so sure that Cocky would 'crush' anyone, don't think they can beat Ga. Tech (whether you want to believe that or not) and I don't think they "drill" FSU. The ACC is a crappy conference (again that is your opinion) but I happen to think that there is a lot of CRAP in the SEC this year. Go back and look how Ole Miss has played everyone. This aint your daddy's SEC anymore and therefore, shouldn't be thought of as such. BTW, South Carolina is not that good!

Come eat some grouper with me on Sat. morning at our tailgate and we can continue to discuss.

Thanks again for your uneducated opinion, but remember, it is just that, like some other things, an opinion!!

Go Trojans

TrojanWar
11-22-2006, 03:40 PM
The ACC is a crappy conference (again that is your opinion) but I happen to think that there is a lot of CRAP in the SEC this year. Go back and look how Ole Miss has played everyone. This aint your daddy's SEC anymore and therefore, shouldn't be thought of as such. BTW, South Carolina is not that good!

I would have to disagree with you there Navarre. There are 3 SEC teams currently in the top 10 this late in the season. Ole Miss and MSU have improved a lot as the season has progressed. South Carolina is a middle of the pack SEC team this year, but they are still very good. I fully expect them to beat down Clemson (one of the best ACC teams). If anything, the ACC is about as weak as it has ever been. Keep in mind that there are 2 SEC teams with an outside shot at the BCS title and more than likely the SEC will have two teams playing in BCS bowls. I know most of the Troy fans hate the SEC as a whole, but you have to give credit were credit is due.

Navarre Trojan
11-22-2006, 10:22 PM
LSU (one of those teams talked about in the top 10), beat Ole Miss in overtime, in Baton Rouge. They lost to Auburn by 6 points (another of those teams), lost to Alabama by 3 (in overtime) but did lose to Ark. by 35 (BTW the best team in the SEC). They also lost to Kentucky, Wake Forest (Best team in the ACC), and to Ga. I am in no way an Ole Miss fan, just that they are team that with a break or two, they would be in the hunt for the SEC west. I think it is safe to say that this team has, in many ways, improved dramatically over the course of the season.

I think you are right, you do have to credit due, where it is due. Just because the "glamour" teams in the ACC or SEC (for that matter) are not in the forefront of the conference/polls, doesn't mean they are down, it simple means that the tourch has been passed. Because of that, teams such as Wake, Maryland, Boston College, who start at the bottom of the pile, because someone, somewhere, decided that they were not worthy of recognition, they are unable to climb the proverbial latter, thus giving the impression to some that the conferece(s) are down.

With the rational you state, the Big 10 is the best conference in college football, they have the number 1, 2, and 10 in the country. I am not sure it isn't the best conference. I think you can say, for a FACT, that the Big 10 is going to have 2 teams in BCS bowls, and can you have three? Because if there is a rematch between Migh/Ohio State, you could see, by that time, a number 5 or 6 Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl. Now how do you think that will set with the SEC and ACC primadona's?

Just my opinion, but it could happen! I think the SEC is a tough conference to win, but so is the Big 12 and the ACC. This year the Big East is tough this year, but again, since the lose of the 'glamour schools' no one wants to give credit to Louisville, W. Va, or Rutgers! Remember, they're not Miami, or BC, or Va. Tech, therefore they can't possible be any good! Hog wash!

TrojanWar
11-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Who has Wisconsin beat this year? They lost to Michigan and didn't play Ohio State. The rest of the Big 10 just about stinks! That's why you are not hearing much about Wisconsin making a BCS bowl. I do believe Ohio State is the best team right now, and Michigan is great as well, but I also think they might have had a tougher time running through the SEC than they did their own Big 10 schedules. Ole Miss is a decent team, but they were in no way a threat to win the SEC West this year. Not even by a few bounces of the ball. In fact, I'm going to go ahead and predict that MSU will beat them this weekend. Mississippi State is the down team that has improved the most. The ACC is very weak. That's why you don't see any ACC teams ranked all that high. Regarding your statement about glamour teams, Arkansas is not a glamour team by any means and they have an outside shot at the BCS title game. Sure, there may be a couple teams better than the very best in the SEC (Ohio State, USC) but overall, the SEC is tougher from top to bottom. I need USC to lose to Notre Dame or UCLA and then Arkansas needs to win out in impressive fashion. That's the only way they can garner enough votes to get in the BCS title game. Even better, if USC beats Notre Dame, and then USC losses to UCLA, Arkansas could come very close to going to Tempe with big wins over LSU and Florida. Yeah, I went ahead and made reservations in Tempe and I ordered BCS title game tickets just in case. If they make it, and Troy makes it to New Orleans, this could be a very expensive holiday season for the Walker household!!!!! Oh yeah, we are also going to Atlanta for the SEC Championship game next weekend. I sure hope I'm not going to have to get a second job!

TU Rob
11-25-2006, 11:06 PM
I just wanted to bump this one back to the top.

CardinalBlackTrojan
11-25-2006, 11:27 PM
I was gonna do the same, but ya beat me to it!