PDA

View Full Version : Sooooo, Who Thinks We're Going to Beat MTSU?

TSU-Baggs
11-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Okay, TU fans, now that you've all gotten done throwing up over tonight's performance, how many of you think we have a chance in heck of beating MTSU next week? How do you start out like we did and end up losing like we did? If we play like that next week, I don't see how we have a chance beating MTSU. And, if by some miracle we did, I don't think we would win the NO bowl. Coaches need to earn their money this week and get our men ready for battle or we will get whooped again next week.

One very frustrated Trojan fan.

Nice Trojan
11-18-2006, 11:00 PM
Not only will we lose to MTSU, we will probably be FIU's only win of the season. I have been worried about these last two games all year.

Another very frustrated Trojan Fan.

goe1975
11-18-2006, 11:02 PM
Hell no we ain't gonna beat Middle...no frickin way!

TSU-Baggs
11-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Not only will we lose to MTSU, we will probably be FIU's only win of the season. I have been worried about these last two games all year.

Another very frustrated Trojan Fan.

OMG, you're right, I forgot about FIU after MTSU. This could be the start of a THREE game losing streak. UGH, what a way to end the year if that happens.

socrgoly25
11-18-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm I the only one here that will remain optimistic??? How about a positive spin on this? I have been looking ahead to MTSU because this game with ASU was going to serve as a test of will for our team. This loss will serve as a blessing in disguise because NOW the team will see that they are not invincible to the Sun Belt conference. Middle got raped today and could be just as demoralized as you guys are. I think its better to be humbled this week and still have a chance at a title than to get our first loss in conference next week when it REALLY mattered. Buck up everyone! It's going to take everyone to win this one.

goe1975
11-18-2006, 11:20 PM
I'm I the only one here that will remain optimistic??? How about a positive spin on this? I have been looking ahead to MTSU because this game with ASU was going to serve as a test of will for our team. This loss will serve as a blessing in disguise because NOW the team will see that they are not invincible to the Sun Belt conference. Middle got raped today and could be just as demoralized as you guys are. I think its better to be humbled this week and still have a chance at a title than to get our first loss in conference next week when it REALLY mattered. Buck up everyone! It's going to take everyone to win this one.

We will give one more...and many more after that...we are fans...but right now, we are disgusted by another major let down...so just let us sulk...we expect a lot more and we are not getting it...now where the hell is my metal shaker...

TSUWhiner
11-18-2006, 11:26 PM
I am a strong Trojan fan..but I knew we were gonna lose to them again..again!!! I used to think this team was the bottom feeder of the country..but I was wrong..we will never beat them with our suck @ss offense..its still pitiful and I am not a believer in it..still...sorry :(..the best we can still go is 7-5 but thats really pushing..yet another dissappointing season..and then next year isnt any better with our stupid facking schedule..but as always GO TROY!

Whiner

TSU-Baggs
11-18-2006, 11:29 PM
If I seem really negative about tonight's game, I'm sorry, but I have to vent because this one really hurt. We can NEVER just be perfect, never. We needed this win to have the confidence to go into MTSU next week and beat them. Yes, MTSU got beat tonight bad, but it was South Carolina coming off a loss to FL that they should have won. And, it's Spurrier team to boot so you know that he was going to be a slaughter whoever he played next. So, next week MTSU is going to look for redemption, and guess what, we're going to be it and we're going to be in their house and unless our coaches do something very extraordinary to motivate our Trojans, then we don't have a prayer I'm afraid.

I'm sorry for sounding so negative, but I have been holding back my postings all year and have said very little on here relative to our team's performance, but tonight's performance just really made me sick. We had a total collapse, coaches and players, and sometimes you got to let them know it's NOT acceptable to play like the way they did and expect to be champions or get to a Bowl Game.

So, for tonight I need to vent to get this out of my system so I can hopefully be in a more optimistic frame of mind come early next week.

Trojan Fan Forever (but very frustrated right now)

socrgoly25
11-18-2006, 11:37 PM
Honestly, I'm more sick of the things around the game than the game itself. Pregame sucked ass.....why you ask? Because no one was there to see it. Great support.
You remember tonight was senior night right? We were going to honor those seniors, especially giving a standing ovation to Zsan Robinson right? But no one was there and it was rushed through.
The stadium was empty up until about the end of the 1st quarter.....then you started to hear the WAR EAGLES around the stadium....*gag*
I was a little happier when I got called down to try and win a Pontiac, until I missed horribly on my attempt.....only to be teased by just missing my next two for the Xbox 360 and XM radio consolations.....disheartened. (btw, very exciting atmosphere from the field, my first time on the sidelines during the game)

So in my head I really got to believing that since everyone was late coming in, including NON-students, that maybe they would stay longer and increase the late game atmosphere.......WRONG.....more of the usual; why even make the trip to the game????

The crowd did come alive when the refs started to screw us on a few calls and trying like hell to support the defense on their last stands, but then the team couldn't follow suit.

I, too, turned to my dad and said that we should let them just score the TD so we'd have a minute to drive down field and win. WRONG!!!! I actually thought it was just as stupid for their team to score a TD and actually give us a chance with :17 seconds left, but it ended up working out for them anyways.....(watching their kicker pregame, I don't blame them for trying to score a TD. he looked like Whibbs on that XP)

Through all of that though, I remain optimistic! This loss doesn't hurt me as much as some other losses in the past, because I truly believe in my heart of hearts that this is a blessing in disguise, a true life lesson, what will turn boys to men if they follow suit and choose to.

Two side notes:
1) comparing scores of FAU and ASU is pointless, but if you are going to compare scores anyway, this Troy team wouldn't have lost to South Carolina 52-7.

2)I be damned, I heard the cow bell! How exciting!

BlueRaiderPride
11-18-2006, 11:40 PM
Middle got raped today and could be just as demoralized as you guys are.

I doubt it.

After losing 42-10 at Maryland, we followed it up the following Thursday with a 44-0 win over 1-AA Tennessee Tech.

After receiving our worst margin of defeat in our 1-A history in the 59-0 loss at Oklahoma, we followed that up a week later by destroying North Texas--a team we've never beaten--by a score of 35-0 on the road.

And after being trounced 44-17 by Louisville, we went on the road to Louisiana-Monroe and defeated the Warhawks 35-21.

We won't be demoralized.

socrgoly25
11-18-2006, 11:42 PM
I hear you, Baggs, and I respect your outlook. Just remember your avatar: Pain is temporary, Pride is FOREVER! If this team follows that same philosophy, then next week should show a different outcome.

BlueRaiderPride
11-18-2006, 11:43 PM
Two side notes:
1) comparing scores of FAU and ASU is pointless, but if you are going to compare scores anyway, this Troy team wouldn't have lost to South Carolina 52-7.

Middle Tennessee's second string quarterback went into the game during the beginning of second quarter. Third string went in at the end of the 3rd quarter. Entire second half was filled with reserves across the board.

South Carolina did not pull any starters until 9:00 to go in the 4th quarter. I sure hope you took that into consideration.

Unlike you guys, our starters won't be battered and bruised and limping into Saturday's contest in Murfreesboro.

socrgoly25
11-18-2006, 11:44 PM
I doubt it.

After losing 42-10 at Maryland, we followed it up the following Thursday with a 44-0 win over 1-AA Tennessee Tech.

After receiving our worst margin of defeat in our 1-A history in the 59-0 loss at Oklahoma, we followed that up a week later by destroying North Texas--a team we've never beaten--by a score of 35-0 on the road.

And after being trounced 44-17 by Louisville, we went on the road to Louisiana-Monroe and defeated the Warhawks 35-21.

We won't be demoralized.

Difference is the three teams you named are CRAP, CRAP, and CRAP!!!

BlueRaiderPride
11-18-2006, 11:46 PM
Difference is the three teams your named are CRAP, CRAP, and CRAP!!!

And three teams Troy escaped with wins against this year. Really, you shouldn't feel bad. Arkansas State owns Troy just like Middle Tennessee. ASU has now won six out of seven all time contest including three straight. Only Troy win over ASU was in '92.

socrgoly25
11-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Middle Tennessee's second string quarterback went into the game during the beginning of second quarter. Third string went in at the end of the 3rd quarter. Entire second half was filled with reserves across the board.

South Carolina did not pull any starters until 9:00 to go in the 4th quarter. I sure hope you took that into consideration.

Unlike you guys, our starters won't be battered and bruised and limping into Saturday's contest in Murfreesboro.

Perhaps they were changed up because they just weren't working and in a game that didn't matter, might as well see what you got right?

The only thing that was bruised for us today is ego, and I don't think that was such a bad thing. The team needed a reality check and I'm so glad it came the game before we played you guys.

socrgoly25
11-18-2006, 11:49 PM
And three teams Troy escaped with wins against this year. Really, you shouldn't feel bad. Arkansas State owns Troy just like Middle Tennessee. ASU has now won six out of seven all time contest including three straight. Only Troy win over ASU was in '92.

Just shine up the Palladium real nice. We're coming next week to collect!

BlueRaiderPride
11-19-2006, 12:05 AM
Just shine up the Palladium real nice. We're coming next week to collect!

Yeah. Okay. But you're going to have to learn to stop the run, if you plan to beat us. I watched your game on CSS tonight and ya'll looked pretty scrappy. Not really impressed with your offense either. You pass pretty decently, but you're really not good at running the football.

Plus, you're turnover-prone.

formerlytsufan
11-19-2006, 12:06 AM
Yeah. Okay. But you're going to have to learn to stop the run, if you plan to beat us. I watched your game on CSS tonight and ya'll looked pretty scrappy. Not really impressed with your offense either. You pass pretty decently, but you're really not good at running the football.

Plus, you're turnover-prone.

But you're still MTSU....enough said!

BlueRaiderPride
11-19-2006, 12:09 AM
But you're still MTSU....enough said!

And you're still 2-11 all time against us. What's worse? Being MTSU? Or being MTSU's b!tch?

socrgoly25
11-19-2006, 12:13 AM
And you're still 2-11 all time against us. What's worse? Being MTSU? Or being MTSU's b!tch?

Again with stats and dwelling on the past......
Next Saturday is a brand new day. And we will have the most satisfying 3-11 all time record in the history of sports. Ah thank you!

formerlytsufan
11-19-2006, 12:14 AM

I love it...you must have been itching to come over to our board to rub this one in. Just remember...what goes around, comes around!

theboro
11-19-2006, 12:19 AM
I love it...you must have been itching to come over to our board to rub this one in. Just remember...what goes around, comes around!

Alot more going around than coming around lately.

BlueRaiderPride
11-19-2006, 12:19 AM
Oh, c'mon now! I just love you Trojans! I love irritating you guys too! I've not missed a Battle for the Palladium since I helped start it back in '03. It's going to be a really exciting game. I just hope you don't let this loss to ASU take the wind out of you to where alot you don't come up to Murfreesboro for the Sun Belt Game of the Year.

goe1975
11-19-2006, 12:20 AM

So basically, we should just go ahead and forfeit the game? You just got severely hammered by SC and still come in here cocky and talking smack. To be as diplomatic as I can about this, good luck, but I hope we win. On a lighter note, GFY.

socrgoly25
11-19-2006, 01:06 AM
On a lighter note, GFY.

LOL.......classic!

Buzz Lightyear
11-19-2006, 01:28 AM
The games are never played on paper. I would have thought that Arkstate would have been down due to being eliminated last week. Sure there were things that the Trojan coaching staff can not be happy with but all in all Troy still holds there own destiny. We could play our best games which a good many parts of games have been liike that. Put it all together and I think Troy could upset MTSU. I also believe it will take a good traveling crowd to assist Troy in this endeavor. I will be there and I hope a good many others will too. We can put our SMALL crowd crowded together and maybe we can raise the roof a little I hope the players and the fans particularly in here do not loose faith. This is college football and the players are young anything including something really good can happen. Good luck Trojans!!!!

socrgoly25
11-19-2006, 01:33 AM
The games are never played on paper. I would have thought that Arkstate would have been down due to being eliminated last week. Sure there were things that the Trojan coaching staff can not be happy with but all in all Troy still holds there own destiny. We could play our best games which a good many parts of games have been liike that. Put it all together and I think Troy could upset MTSU. I also believe it will take a good traveling crowd to assist Troy in this endeavor. I will be there and I hope a good many others will too. We can put our SMALL crowd crowded together and maybe we can raise the roof a little I hope the players and the fans particularly in here do not loose faith. This is college football and the players are young anything including something really good can happen. Good luck Trojans!!!!

I'm there!!!! Let's go to war!!!!

BMarkey
11-19-2006, 03:41 AM
I hope you all are correct about the traveling crowd, because the "throng" at MGS just blew tonight. Troy is developing a major attendance problem. I hope the administration is proud of all the season tickets sold, because very few of those well heeled asses are coming to the games. The upper reserved deck was an embarrassment tonight.

If students and people who live within 100 miles of Troy can't get their butts to the most important game and last home game of the year, they are not going to drive to another state and freeze their asses off on Thanksgiving weekend.

LB and staff cannot win the big game. They just throw up on themselves every time. I can't take watching it any longer.

Trojans1andAll
11-19-2006, 04:43 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, wins = butts in seats. No one cares that we played close with FSU 3 months ago. I think people are getting tired of spending hard earned cash and time that they could be using for other things to go watch a program full of people that seemingly don't even care themselves. When Jack Hawkins Jr., Steve Dennis, and Larry Blakeney and his staff start to give a d@mn, then the team will and thats when positive things will start to happen. Until then get ready for the same ol' crap every year.

Will we beat MTSU? Sure we will, if everyone one on the Blue Raiders team simultaneously catch malaria and rocky mountain spotted fever the week before the game and is forced to forfeit.

While I'm venting...yeah, the defense was awful, godawful. We haven't had an offense since I-A and now that the offense shows signs of life the defense steps up (or down) to balance things out. BTW, Leodis should have his scholarship revoked and turn in his uniform. I could have fielded a couple of those punts. Blakeney should have his head examined if he puts him in the returning position again after tonight's fiasco.

Success rolls off this team like water off a duck's back.

BMarkey
11-19-2006, 04:47 AM
I guess four consecutive wins and an unbeaten SunBelt record wasn't enough to fill half the stadium. It's so sad.

TrojanEmpire
11-19-2006, 07:35 AM
I am a strong Trojan fan..but I knew we were gonna lose to them again..again!!! I used to think this team was the bottom feeder of the country..but I was wrong..we will never beat them with our suck @ss offense..its still pitiful and I am not a believer in it..still...sorry :(..the best we can still go is 7-5 but thats really pushing..yet another dissappointing season..and then next year isnt any better with our stupid facking schedule..but as always GO TROY!

Whiner

The offense? The offense? Are you kidding me? Last three games the "suck a$$" offense as you called it has scored 42, 24, and 26 points. I am sorry, but the offense ain't the problem dude. 26 points shouls be plenty against a team that came into last night averaging 14 pts. a game. The problem is on the other side with the co-defensive coordinators (one of them a former QB) and a defense that could not get Arky State off the field last night (37 minutes of posession, 11+ third down conversions, and giving up 11 yards on a QB scramble on 4th and with the game on the line). I know you are frustrated by losing to this team again, but blaming this on the offensive is absurd. The problem lies on the other side of the ball my friend. That said our fate is still in our hands. Win out an we still win the Belt and go to New Orleans.

TrojanEmpire
11-19-2006, 07:46 AM
why in the world do some of you bother talking smack with those Blue Raider people. Bottom line is they own our a$$e$ just like Arky St. and UAB do and it will remain that way until we beat them on a consistent basis. So let them come in here and shoot of their mouths off, it will make it that much sweeter when we beat them (eventually). BTW what is up with that one dude saying if Troy puts it all together we coukd upset MTSU? He talks about MTSU like they are Ohio State or something. That said, they have earned the right to talk smack b/c they are 11-2 against us. Want them to shut up? Then the LB and the boys need to get it in gear (especially on D) and beat them!

jagd1305
11-19-2006, 08:29 AM
Larry Blakney likes being owned by ASU....Larry likes being owned by UAB. Larry likes you too, MTSU. Put on something sexy for him next week!

goe1975
11-19-2006, 09:09 AM
I guess four consecutive wins and an unbeaten SunBelt record wasn't enough to fill half the stadium. It's so sad.

A lot of it was that "other" game I promise. When I was walking to the stadium, I walked by a house on Wallace Drive where a large number of college age dudes were outside having an Iron Bowl party. Unfrickin' real.

ksdtrojan
11-19-2006, 09:42 AM
BTW, Leodis should have his scholarship revoked and turn in his uniform. I could have fielded a couple of those punts. Blakeney should have his head examined if he puts him in the returning position again after tonight's fiasco.

While I have liked Leodis in the past, I must agree. He has not played this year like the past two. He has made several poor decisions and that frustrates me beyond belief because of what he can do when he fields it clean. The punter for ASU is itching for someone to run one back on him and his unorthodox style of punting must have confused Leodis. None-the-less let Mykeal Terry or Elbert Mack give it try! 3 of 5 punts inside the 20 with the one at the 1 inch mark taking the cake by the worst punter in the NCAA is inexcuseable. Please try someone else!

TSUWhiner
11-19-2006, 10:01 AM
I wish all those so called season ticket holders would read this board.

1. Season ticket holders: you suck

2. People at frats holding Crap Bowl parties: you suck the big one

3. ASU: awesome we will never beat you with our yet pathetic offense

4. MTSU: you guys have been awesome this year beat our @sses bad this year so we can be put out of our misery

5. Troy Offense: while it may have "improved" its very inconsistent

6. Attendance: sucks an even fatter one

7. Turd Bowl: not as important as the Ohio State vs. Michigan game

8. Student Body at Troy: to the turds not there supporting a 4-0 team you suck

as always and a sense of sarcasm/humor...GO TROY

Whiner

Nice Trojan
11-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Please put us out of our misery. The worst thing that could happen is we kill MTSU, all of us get our spirits back up, and then we go blow it to FIU like we did last night. This one hurt about 10 times as bad as UAB did.

But heck, we are fans, lets get our butts to MTSU and then take care of business at FIU.

I know we are almost out of it, but we had nine lives to start with, we are down to one. Lets take that one to the bank and redeem ourselves.

TSU-Baggs
11-19-2006, 11:46 AM
The offense? The offense? Are you kidding me? Last three games the "suck a$$" offense as you called it has scored 42, 24, and 26 points. I am sorry, but the offense ain't the problem dude. 26 points shouls be plenty against a team that came into last night averaging 14 pts. a game. The problem is on the other side with the co-defensive coordinators (one of them a former QB) and a defense that could not get Arky State off the field last night (37 minutes of posession, 11+ third down conversions, and giving up 11 yards on a QB scramble on 4th and with the game on the line). I know you are frustrated by losing to this team again, but blaming this on the offensive is absurd. The problem lies on the other side of the ball my friend. That said our fate is still in our hands. Win out an we still win the Belt and go to New Orleans.

Defense wins football games. Just look back to 2004 when we went went to the San Jose Bowl (gawdaful as that was). Our 117th ranked (or close to it) didn't get us there, it was a nationally ranked defense and a scoring D at that. If I had to pick one over the other, I'd rather have a stronger D than a power house offense any day.

formerlytsufan
11-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Defense wins football games. Just look back to 2004 when we went went to the San Jose Bowl (gawdaful as that was). Our 117th ranked (or close to it) didn't get us there, it was a nationally ranked defense and a scoring D at that. If I had to pick one over the other, I'd rather have a stronger D than a power house offense any day.

That's why we need a change on the defensive side...

socrgoly25
11-19-2006, 12:27 PM

I guess 4 wins and going into a CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME has other "fans" giving up on the team and calling them heartless???

God, it's one freakin' game! Whoever said Leodis scholarship should be revoked is out of his freakin mind. Dude is a star, and an NFL prospect in the making.

Rome (or Troy) was not built in a day people. In my eyes, the program has gone FORWARD, not BACKWARD. Now, if we were in FIU's shoes this year, I would let you people mope, but this is ridiculous. I'm ready for everyone to get excited for the REAL biggest game of the year and help me in trash-talking those SOBs from MTSU!

Until we are completely eliminated, I will remain the eternal optimist. Like the scoreboard reads during games, come Saturday, "EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!"

socrgoly25
11-19-2006, 12:36 PM
This one hurt about 10 times as bad as UAB did.

Not to me. We were at least in this ASU game that really had no role in our title chase. The UAB game was a million times worse because 1) we have ABSOLUTE HATRED for that team, 2) they suck worse than ASU, 3) we were NEVER in that game. We suffered through 4 quarters of crap at Birmingham; we only suffered :17 seconds of it last night.

Please, let's move on to MTSU!

TSU-Baggs
11-19-2006, 01:36 PM
[QUOTE=socrgoly25;
Until we are completely eliminated, I will remain the eternal optimist. Like the scoreboard reads during games, come Saturday, "EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!"[/QUOTE]

And man did Troy ever live up to their new montra. We sure did get the unexpected....Should of never lost that game! So, they got something right.