PDA

View Full Version : Steve Dennis e-mail

Doug4Troy
11-13-2006, 07:10 PM
The 2006 Troy Trojans will play their final football game at Movie Gallery Veterans Stadium this Saturday at 6 p.m. when the Arkansas State Indians visit for a critical Sun Belt Conference game.

The Trojans have won four straight games and still have their sites set on the Sun Belt crown and a berth in the New Orleans Bowl. Arkansas State is the defending Sun Belt champs and would like nothing more than to come into "The Gallery" and spoil the season for your Trojans.

Troy has been to Jonesboro each of the last two years and the Indians have had great support for both games. That support was the key in ASU beating Troy in those games, and you are the key to a Trojans victory on Saturday.

Come out and support YOUR MILITARY as Troy University honors United States military veterans and active service men and women on "Salute to Veterans" day.

Come out and support YOUR TROJANS as they fight for a championship and a bowl berth. Only one Division IA team in the state is playing for a conference title this weekend -- The Troy Trojans!

Come out and support YOUR SENIORS as they play their final home game. Trojans seniors include Rob Austin, Ryan Babb, Kirbie Bodiford, David Cain, Brannon Condren, Marlo East, James Gardner, Kenny Griffin, Smokey Hampton, John Jackson, Franklin Lloyd, Josh Pruitt, Jason Richardson, Zsan Robinson, Toris Rutledge, Boo Smith, Martin Teal, Jason Wright and Zach Yenser.

Come out and support YOUR COACH, Coach Larry Blakeney, the winningest active college coach in the state of Alabama.

Wear your Cardinal clothing in support of YOUR TEAM. Make sure all of your friends, classmates and co-workers join you in supporting the Trojans as they march toward a league title.

GO TROJANS!

Steve Dennis
Director of Athletics

Doug4Troy
11-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Oh BTW, I was in the Base exchange at Maxwell AFB in Montgomery today and I heard an interesting announcement. The exchange now has a limited selection on hats, sweatshirts, and t-shirts on most of the state's "major universities," including Troy. If you buy one of the products, you can get a ticket to the Troy/ASU game.

Nice Trojan
11-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Come out and support YOUR TROJANS as they fight for a championship and a bowl berth. Only one Division IA team in the state is playing for a conference title this weekend -- The Troy Trojans!

Come out and support YOUR COACH, Coach Larry Blakeney, the winningest active college coach in the state of Alabama.

Steve Dennis
Director of Athletics

He is putting alot of emphasis on the fact that fans should be watching us instead of the Iron Bowl. We are playing for something this week. No one else in the state has anything else to play for.

TSUWhiner
11-13-2006, 07:55 PM
I got that email..this guy is awesome. Fack the Piss Bowl

Whiner

ksdtrojan
11-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Come out and support...
YOUR TROJANS
YOUR SENIORS
YOUR COACH
YOUR TEAM!

GO TROJANS!

Steve Dennis
Director of Athletics

I love MR DENNIS also! It sounds as if he has become a TROJAN through and through!

Pcbtrojan
11-13-2006, 10:32 PM
I like the AD. If you look around other conferences many programs are not drawing as well us--still lots of room for improvement though. I hope the bases in the area bring a good crew this weekend. I've often wondered why active duty members can't can't get a complimentary ticket or half off for all games. As for veterans myself and the two or three Coast Guardsman that will stand for our anthem saturday night salute all the services.

Sempter Paratus
Always Prepared

jt45
11-14-2006, 02:29 AM
I love MR DENNIS also! It sounds as if he has become a TROJAN through and through!
You guys do realize that it is highly likely that Mr. Dennis did not write that email.

Navarre Trojan
11-14-2006, 07:47 AM
that Mr. Dennis DID write this email. Have you ever sat and talked with this man? He is all about T-R-O-Y! He wants to make it happen right here in Troy, Alabama. This is a Georgia guy, who played and coached at Georgia, then at Auburn. He GETS IT, and knows what it takes to make it happen. No, he isn't as big, loud or noticable as J. Williams, but he's got it going on. I see him at EVERY event that Troy has, football games, basketball games, band concert, the dad gum rodeo! (Coach Blakeney was there as well).

He realizes that this is a marathon (something that some of us, from time to time, seem to forget). He knows and hears what the fans want. I hope he stays for a while. I know that there will be opportunities out there for him, but not many D-1 AD jobs, and I think he enjoys being on the ground floor and working his way up. He has GREAT rapore with his coaches and staff as well as the administration. He knows that we need a Big Team Arena and is trying very hard to get that project moving, it just takes time and money, and he is going to get that taken care of, I believe.

RedEdgeTrojan
11-14-2006, 08:39 AM
As far as actually sitting down at the keyboard and typing out the e-mail, I have no idea. I personally can rest assured that those words are Steves own. Steve is a great asset to not only Troy athletics but to the Pike county area in general. No matter what walk of life I happen to see him in (games, Wal-Mart, etc.), he always represents himself and the entire community as a true Trojan. He always says some thing to me not related to athletics that I had no idea he would care about or even know about.
The following is a general comment to EVERYONE that has not had the chance to meet him...if you ever have the opportunity, just go up to him and introduce yourself. He will more than likely remember you the next time he sees you.
Just my 2 cents.....

BMarkey
11-14-2006, 08:40 AM
http://www.palmswestpress.com/images/troy_vs_fau_7_11_11_06/e39b9359_std.jpg

>> Wes
11-14-2006, 03:38 PM
Steve was on John and Barry this morning and did a great job promoting Troy. When asked why he hadn't scheduled Auburn or Alabama, his reply indicated that it is difficult because a large part of our fan base are people that support Troy in addition to Auburn or Alabama.

I think he was trying to find a classy way of saying they are scared to schedule us, which John eventually drew out of him, but in his rambling he made it appear as though we weren't scheduling in state games because our big supporters would be too torn on the issue.

Did anyone else hear that?

TSUWhiner
11-14-2006, 10:03 PM
they are a bunch of turds that dont deserve to play Troy anyway...screw Alasuck and Aublow!!! GO TROY!!!

Whiner

goe1975
11-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Steve was on John and Barry this morning and did a great job promoting Troy. When asked why he hadn't scheduled Auburn or Alabama, his reply indicated that it is difficult because a large part of our fan base are people that support Troy in addition to Auburn or Alabama.

I think he was trying to find a classy way of saying they are scared to schedule us, which John eventually drew out of him, but in his rambling he made it appear as though we weren't scheduling in state games because our big supporters would be too torn on the issue.

Did anyone else hear that?

Yeah he even had John "Bama" Longshore talking some Troy smack. I thought his comments were very classy.

Doug4Troy
11-15-2006, 12:08 AM
As long as we are not in the same conference as UAT/AU/UAB, I don't care if we schedule them.

Rette
11-16-2006, 01:19 PM
As long as we are not in the same conference as UAT/AU/UAB, I don't care if we schedule them.

Ditto!! Let's concentrate on winning the Sunbelt and being TROJAN FANS!!!!

ksdtrojan
11-16-2006, 04:21 PM
Ditto!! Let's concentrate on winning the Sunbelt and being TROJAN FANS!!!!

I have made up my mind that it is futile to even keep up with the national championship, BCS, or any other part of college football other than the mid and low majors because of the disrespect shown us by all the media outlets. I may watch the "BIG" games but I will not care about the outcome "UNLESS IT HELPS TROY". I am going to concentrate on being a great Trojan Fan and that is it. I will look at the teams we play (even the BCS teams) and hope that they win every game other than their respective games against Troy. I will focus on the SunBelt and its teams even more than I did this year. I have grown even more disgusted by the broadcast media especially ESPN and could care less if they ever cover Troy because even when they do there are always negative conotations involved. I am not going to talk about the fence riders (and there are many), moving up in conferences (because that probably will not happen), "fair" playoff/tourney system (BCS will never let that happen), or anything else that I get so frustrated over because it is all futile. Vanity, vanity, vanity, says the preacher! It is all in vain! What is the point other than to raise my blood pressure and increase my already growing headache over these issues? Does anyone have an aspirin? Forget the aspirin, does anyone have a BC Powder? We have a conference championship to win and all most of the students of my great alma mater can think of is the ALA/AUB game better known as the I-RUN BOWL involving two teams who are eliminated from SEC contention. Go to your stinking game or your I-RUN BOWL party and pay more attention to it than your own football team (you actually fit in better with them than your own university; YOU-RUN to watch the I-RUN BOWL deserting your school) because "WHEN" they win the SBC you'll have nothing to do with it not as supporters, and definitely not as "fans". In the end no I don't have anything to do with it either because I will never play a down of college football but the guys on the Trojan football team know that I support their efforts.

So what is my point in this tirade?

Just like Rette said in the quote above "Let's concentrate on winning the Sunbelt and being TROJAN FANS!!!!"

That is all I can do because I can't make others love Troy like I do and their are others on here that probably love Troy more but I sure love my University, my TROY!!!!

socrgoly25
11-16-2006, 04:34 PM
I have made up my mind that it is futile to even keep up with the national championship, BCS, or any other part of college football other than the mid and low majors because of the disrespect shown us by all the media outlets. I may watch the "BIG" games but I will not care about the outcome "UNLESS IT HELPS TROY". I am going to concentrate on being a great Trojan Fan and that is it. I will look at the teams we play (even the BCS teams) and hope that they win every game other than their respective games against Troy. I will focus on the SunBelt and its teams even more than I did this year. I have grown even more disgusted by the broadcast media especially ESPN and could care less if they ever cover Troy because even when they do there are always negative conotations involved. I am not going to talk about the fence riders (and there are many), moving up in conferences (because that probably will not happen), "fair" playoff/tourney system (BCS will never let that happen), or anything else that I get so frustrated over because it is all futile. Vanity, vanity, vanity, says the preacher! It is all in vain! What is the point other than to raise my blood pressure and increase my already growing headache over these issues? Does anyone have an aspirin? Forget the aspirin, does anyone have a BC Powder? We have a conference championship to win and all most of the students of my great alma mater can think of is the ALA/AUB game better known as the I-RUN BOWL involving two teams who are eliminated from SEC contention. Go to your stinking game or your I-RUN BOWL party and pay more attention to it than your own football team (you actually fit in better with them than your own university; YOU-RUN to watch the I-RUN BOWL deserting your school) because "WHEN" they win the SBC you'll have nothing to do with it not as supporters, and definitely not as "fans". In the end no I don't have anything to do with it either because I will never play a down of college football but the guys on the Trojan football team know that I support their efforts.

So what is my point in this tirade?

Just like Rette said in the quote above "Let's concentrate on winning the Sunbelt and being TROJAN FANS!!!!"

That is all I can do because I can't make others love Troy like I do and their are others on here that probably love Troy more but I sure love my University, my TROY!!!!

AMEN!!!

That made my day to read.

It will be interesting to see how many people jump back on the wagon and make the trip down to New Orleans with us. They'll act as if they've supported the team the entire season when we know it not to be so. We'll go into next year thinking those same people that went to support our Trojans in the postseason will show up more fired up for next season, only to be let down yet again and start over with the tirade of fan support. I want everyone to know on the board, every Trojan Athlete, band members, and Trojan supporters know that I really appreciate you guys and down the road, WE WILL GET OURS!!!

Let's go scalp some injuns!!!

Navarre Trojan
11-17-2006, 08:16 AM
Well put socrgoly. I am bringing 12 folks with me this weekend that before this year, had never been to a D-1 college game and this will be their 3rd Troy home game in a row! They are buying season tickets next year, already committed. So, for my part, I will try to help build the Troy Trojan fan base by bringing folks to Troy and letting them be apart of the experience. Our AD talks about it all the time whether it's when addressing alumni groups or in causual conversation, "bring somebody to a Troy game, ONE TIME, and they will be hooked. If they are college football fans, they will be hooked! There is no better D-1 deal in the south, not within driving distance!"

We may be an "older" crowd but that does not deminish our spirit or loyalty to Troy. In our minds, there is only ONE Big Red, and they're from Troy, Alabama!!

Let's go Trojans

BMarkey
11-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Thanks, J.J.! If we only had more like you.